More Green Initiatives in IIT Roorkee
- -The institute as a policy decided that, henceforth all new building proposals shall be vetted by the Institute Green
Committee before their final approval.
- -The Green Committee to look into the various environmental and energy aspects for a green technology and
- -More green initiatives planned for wastewater treatment as well as recycling and rainwater harvesting in a
- -Out of the total solid waste generated in the campus separating organic and inorganic waste is
planned and reviewing the available technology that can co-generate biomass energy from our organic waste.
- -National Social Service Scheme (NSS) volunteers of the institute, primarily the under graduate and post
graduate students are also going to propagate these ideas amongst the neighborhood villages.
- -Paper recycling in the campus
- -Waste water management and use of grey water.