# Refereed Journal Papers (SCI/SCIE Indexed):
25. B.K. Mahur, A. Ahuja, S. Singh, P.K. Maji, V. Rastogi. Different nanocellulose morphologies (cellulose nanofibers, nanocrystals and nanospheres) extracted from Sunn hemp (Crotalaria Juncea). International Journal of Biological Macromolecules 2023, 253, 126657. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijbiomac.2023.126657
24. P. Samyn, V. Rastogi, N.S.S. Baba, J.V. Erps. Role of Nanocellulose in Light Harvesting and Artificial Photosynthesis. Catalysts 2023, 13, 986. https://doi.org/10.3390/catal13060986
23. N. Swain, P. Saini, S.S. Bhati, V. Rastogi. Biodegradable Stone Paper as a Sustainable Alternative to Traditional Paper: A Review.
Journal of Inorganic and Organometallic Polymers and Materials 2023.
22. A. Ahuja, V. Rastogi. Spray coating of edible insect waxes for liquid food packaging. Applied Surface Science 2023, 624, 157150. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apsusc.2023.157150 (I.F = 7.40)
21. A. Ahuja, V. Rastogi. Shellac: From Isolation to Modification and Its Untapped Potential in the Packaging Application. Sustainability 2023, 15(4), 3110; https://doi.org/10.3390/su15043110 (IF= 3.89)
20. H. Kumar, A. Ahuja, A. A. Kadam, V. Rastogi, Y. S. Negi. Antioxidant Film Based on Chitosan and Tulsi Essential Oil for Food Packaging. Food and Bioprocess Technology, 16, 342–355, 2023. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11947-022-02938-6 (IF= 5.58)
19. A. Ahuja, P. Samyn, V. Rastogi. Paper bottles: potential to replace conventional packaging for liquid products. Biomass Conversion and Biorefinery, 2022, pg: N/A. https://doi.org/10.1007/s13399-022-03642-3 (IF= 4.99)
18. P.K. Mishra, A. Ahuja, B.K. Mahur, V. Rastogi. Valorization of nylon and viscose-rayon textile yarn wastes for fabricating nanocomposite films. Express Polymer Letters Volume 17, No.2, 196–210, 2022. https://doi.org/10.3144/expresspolymlett.2023.14 (IF= 4.16)
17. P. Samyn, V. Rastogi. Stabilization of an Aqueous Bio-Based Wax Nano-Emulsion through Encapsulation. Nanomaterials, 12(23), 4329, 2022. https://www.mdpi.com/2079-4991/12/23/4329 (IF= 5.72)
16. A. Barhoum, V. Rastogi, B.K. Mahur, A. Rastogi, F. M. Haleem, P. Samyn. Nanocelluloses as new generation materials: natural resources, structure-related properties, engineering nanostructures, and technical challenges. Materials Today Chemistry, Volume 26, 101247, 2022. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.mtchem.2022.101247 (IF= 8.30)
15. P.K. Mishra, A.M.D Izrayeel, B.K. Mahur, A. Ahuja, V. Rastogi. A comprehensive review on textile waste valorization techniques and their applications. Environmental Science and Pollution Research, 29, 65962–65977, 2022. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11356-022-22222-6 (IF= 5.19)
14. N. Gupta, B.K. Mahur, A.M.D Izrayeel, A. Ahuja, V. Rastogi. Biomass conversion of agricultural waste residues for different applications: a comprehensive review. Environmental Science and Pollution Research, 29, 73622–73647, 2022. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11356-022-22802-6 (IF= 5.19)
13. Sharma P, Ahuja A, Izrayeel A.M.D., Samyn P, Rastogi V. Physicochemical and thermal characterization of poly (3-hydroxybutyrate-co-4-hydroxybutyrate) films incorporating thyme essential oil for active packaging of white bread. Food Control, 2022, 133, Part B,108688. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.foodcont.2021.108688 (IF= 5.55)
12. Rastogi V, Sturzenegger P, Gonzenbach U, Vetterli M, Naikade M, Kesari K, Ruokolainene J, Kuebler J, Blugan G. High precision pulp-based sacrificial molds: A solution towards mass production of hollow ceramic spheres for deep sea applications. Ceramics International, 2022, 48, 6, 8235-8244. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ceramint.2021.12.028 (IF= 4.53)
11. Karakoç A, Rastogi V, Isoaho T, Tardy B, Paltakari J, Rojas OJ. Comparative Screening of the Structural and Thermomechanical Properties of FDM Filaments Comprising Thermoplastics Loaded with Cellulose, Carbon and Glass Fibers. Materials, 2020, 13, 422. https://doi.org/10.3390/ma13020422 (IF = 3.75)
10. Rastogi V, Samyn P. Novel processing of polyhydroxybutyrate with micro- to nanofibrillated cellulose and effect of fiber morphology on crystallization behaviour of composites, Express Polymer Letters, 2019, 14(2), 115-133. https://doi.org/10.3144/expresspolymlett.2020.11 (IF= 4.16)
9. Rastogi V, Jiang B, Sturzenegger P, Gonzenbach U, Vetterli M, Blugan G, Kuebler J. A processing route for dip-coating and characterization of multi-structured ceramic foam, Ceramics International, 2019, 45(17), 21887-2189. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ceramint.2019.07.199 (IF = 4.53)
8. Rastogi V, Samyn P. Synthesis of polyhydroxybutyrate particles with micro-to-nanosized structures and application as protective coating for packaging papers, Nanomaterials, 2017, 7(1) 5, 1-18. https://doi.org/10.3390/nano7010005 (IF= 5.72)
7. Rastogi V, Großmann H, Ray A.K., Greiffenberg I. Dependence of softness perception on tissue physical properties and development of neural model for predicting softness, IPPTA: Quarterly Journal of Indian Pulp and Paper Technical Association, 2017, 29(2), 128-135.
6. Samyn P, Van Nieuwkerke D, Rastogi V, Stanssens D. Influence of synthesis conditions on thermal release of palm oil as liquid core filled in polymeric nanoparticles, Journal of Thermal Analysis and Calorimetry, 2017, 130 (3), 1973-1986. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10973-017-6519-6 (IF = 4.63)
5. Rastogi V, Stanssens D, Samyn P. Reaction efficiency and retention of poly(styrene-co-maleimide) nanoparticle deposits on fibrillated cellulose surfaces, Carbohydrates Polymers, 2016, 141, 244-252. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.carbpol.2016.01.018 (IF = 10.72)
4. Samyn P, Nieuwkerke D, Rastogi V, Stanssens D. Tuning thermal release kinetics of soy oil from organic nanoparticles using variable synthesis conditions, Particuology, 2016, 26, 54-65. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.partic.2015.12.008 (IF = 3.07)
3. Rastogi V, Samyn P. Bio-based coatings for paper applications. Coatings, 2015, 5, 887-930. https://doi.org/10.3390/coatings5040887 (Best Review Paper Award 2016, (IF = 3.24)
2. Rastogi V, Stanssens D, Samyn P. Mechanism for tuning the hydrophobicity of microfibrillated cellulose films by controlled thermal release of encapsulated wax, Materials, 2014, 7(11), 7196-7216. https://doi.org/0.3390/ma7117196 (IF = 3.75)
1. Rastogi V, Samyn P. Novel production method for in-situ hydrophobization of a microfibrillated cellulose network, Materials Letters, 2014, 120, 196-199. DOI: 10.1016/j.matlet.2014.01.060 (IF = 3.57)
# Conference Papers and Abstract Published in National/International Conference Proceedings:
20. Samyn P, Bosmans J, Cosemans P, Rastogi V. Bio-based Barrier Coatings on Paper with Polyhydroxyalkanoates: A View on Opportunities and Challenges. PTS COATING SYMPOSIUM, 2021, Dresden, Germany.
19. Rastogi V, Samyn P. Compression Molding of Polyhydroxybutyrate Nano-composite Films as Coating on Paper Substrates, Proceedings of 2nd Coatings and Interfaces Web Conference (MDPI), 2020. DOI: 10.3390/CIWC2020-06797
18. Samyn P, Rastogi V. Formulation and processing of PHB with fibrillated cellulose for nanocomposite films and paper coatings, 1st PHA World Congress, p. 41, Köln, Germany, 2018.
17. Samyn P, Rastogi V. Synthesis of PHB micro- to nanoscale particles for bio-based packaging, 14th International Conference of Renewable Resources and Biorefineries, Ghent, Belgium, 2018.
16. Rastogi V, Samyn P. Surface Functionalization of Fibrillated Cellulose by Nanoparticle Deposition and Use as Paper Coating Additive, PTS Faserstoff Symposium, Dresden, Germany, 2015.
15. Samyn P, Rastogi V. PHB/NFC blends for composite and coating applications, 23rd annual meeting of the Bio-Environmental Polymer Society, (BEPS 2015), p. 27, Karlsruhe, Germany, 2015.
14. Samyn P, Rastogi V, D. Stanssens. Fibrillar nanocellulose with sustained release of encapsulated wax from nanoparticle deposits, 4th EPNOE International Polysaccharide Conference, p. 45, Warsaw, Poland, 2015.
13. Rastogi V, Samyn P. Improvements in mechanical properties polyhydroxybutyrate by nanocellulose additives, 8th European Symposium on Biopolymers ESBP2015, p. 128, Rome, Italy, 2015.
12. Samyn P, Herberger T, Rastogi V. Formulation and characterization of PHB/NFC blends for potential thermoforming applications, p. 75, Biopolymers and Bioplastics Conference, San Francisco, USA, 2015.
11. Rastogi V, Samyn P. Fully bio-based protective coating for packaging papers, 11th Coatings Science International COSI, p. 126-130, Noordwijk, The Netherlands, 2015.
10. Samyn P, Rastogi V. Chemical surface homogeneity of an organic nanoparticle coating analyzed by secondary ion mass spectroscopy and imaging, 11th Coatings Science International COSI, Noordwijk, The Netherlands, 2015.
9. Rastogi V, Herberger T, Samyn P. Crystallization behaviour and thermal properties of bio-based PHB/NFC nanocomposite blends, Biopolymer Materials and Engineering (BiMatE), Slovenj Gradec, Slovenia, 2015.
8. Rastogi V, Herberger T, Samyn P. Nanofibrillated cellulose as a nucleating agent to improve polyhydroxyalkanoates crystallization behavior, Macromolecular Colloquium, Freiburg, Germany, 2015.
7. Rastogi V, Samyn P. Improvement in barrier resistance properties of microfibrillated cellulose nanocomposite films, Materials Science and Engineering - MSE Conference, Darmstadt, Germany, 2014.
6. Rastogi V, Stanssens D, Samyn P. Hydrophobic surface modification of softwood cellulose nanofibers through nanoparticle deposition, 10th Congress for Biobased Materials, Natural Fibres and WPC (Biopolymers 2014), Stuttgart, Germany, 2014.
5. Samyn P, Rastogi V. Bio-mimicking of superhydrophobic surfaces with structured polyhydroxybutyrate particles, International conference on bio-friendly polymers and polymer additives, p. 62, Budapest, Hungary, 2014 (Poster Award).
4. Samyn P, Rastogi V. Thermally controlled release of plant wax from nanocomposite films of microfibrillated cellulose, International conference on bio-friendly polymers and polymer additives, p. 62, Budapest, Hungary, 2014.
3. Rastogi V, Taheri H, Samyn P. A novel production method for hydrophobized microfibrillated cellulose, 4th International Conference of Biodegradable and Biobased Polymers (Biopol – 2013), Rome, Italy, 2013.
2. Taheri H, Rastogi V, Samyn P. Production and rheology of microfibrillated cellulose (MFC) dispersions under different homogenization conditions, 4th International Conference of Biodegradable and Biobased Polymers (Biopol – 2013), Rome, Italy, 2013.
1. Taheri H, Rastogi V, Samyn P. Production and characterization of microfibrillated cellulose (MFC) as valuable additive for biocomposites, 22nd Internal Kolloquium Freiburger Materialforschungszentrum (FMF), Schluchsee, Germany, 2013.