Areas of Interest
- Fiber Optics, Specialty Optical Fibers, Fiber Amplifiers, EDFA, LMA Fibers, DCF, Fiber Sensors
- Integrated Optics, Design of optical waveguides for high power amplifiers and lasers, dispersion management
- Optoelectronics, Light extraction in LED and OLED, Thin film solar cells
|2018||Ongoing||Professor||Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee|
|2012||2018||Associate Professor||Physics Department, IIT Roorkee|
|2003||2012||Assistant Professor||Physics Department, IIT Roorkee|
|MAY 2013||JULY 2013||Invited Professor||LPMC Université de Nice, France|
|JUN 2008||JUL 2008||Invited Professor||LPMC Université de Nice, France|
|JUN 2005||JUL 2005||Visiting Fellow||City University Hong Kong|
|2000||2003||Research Fellow||City University of Hong Kong|
|1998||1999||Postdoctoral Fellow||University of Nice, France|
Honors and Awards
|IAPT-DSM Award for UG Physics Teaching by Indian Association of Physics Teachers||Indian Association of Physics Teachers||2016|
|Outstanding Teacher Award||IIT Roorkee||2011|
|Senior Member Designation||Optical Society of America||2011|
|Best Paper Award (Scientist Category)||Conference ICOP-2009, CSIO Chandigarh||2009|
|French Government Post-doctoral Fellowship||Universite de Nice-Sophia Antipolis France||1998|
|Ph. D.||Physics||IIT Delhi||1998|
|M. Sc.||Physics||IIT Roorkee (formerly Universty of Roorkee)||1993|
|B. Sc.||Physics, Mathematics||Rohilkhand University Bareilly||1991|
|2017||ongoing||Associate Dean Academic Affairs - Curriculum||IIT Roorkee|
|2016||2017||Chief Advisor||Students' Club|
|2013||2015||Treasurer||Adarsh Bal Niketan|
|2015||ongoing||Dy OC||High Power Laser Lab|
|2016||2017||Staff Adviser Training and Placement||Physics Department|
|2004||2017||OC Laser Physics Laboratory||Physics Department|
|2008||2010||OC Administration and Maintenance||Physics Department|
Participation in seminars
|17th OptoElectronics & Communication Conference - OECC 2012||Busan, South Korea||PDA||02-07-2012|
|XXIII International Workshop on Optical Wave & Waveguide Theory and Numerical Modelling – OWTNM 2015||London||PDA||April 2015|
|XXI International Workshop on Optical Wave & Waveguide Theory and Numerical Modelling – OWTNM 2013||Enschede, The Netherlands||PDA||April 2013|
|International Winter School on Organic Electronic Materials & Devices – OEMD 2013||NITK Surathkal||organizers||19-12-2013|
|Indo-UK Seminar on Computational Photonics||IIT Delhi||DST-Royal Soc.||01-03-2014|
|XXXVIII Symposium of Optical Society of India and International Conference on Optics & Optoelectroni||IRDE Dehradun||Project||05-03-2014|
|XXII International Workshop on Optical Wave & Waveguide Theory and Numerical Modelling – OWTNM 2014||Nice, France||PDA/PDF||27-06-2014|
|International Conference on Optics and Optielectronics - ICOL 2005||IRDE Dehradun||DRDO||December 1|
|XXI International Workshop on Optical Wave & Waveguide Theory and Numerical Modelling – OWTNM 2013||Enschede, The Netherlands||PDA||18-04-2013|
|XXXVI OSI SYMPOSIUM on Frontiers in Optics and Photonics - FOP 11||IIT Delhi||Project Grant||03-12-2011|
|International Conference on Specialty Glass and Optical Fiber: Materials, Technology and Devices - I||CGCRI Kolkata||Project Grant||2011-08-04|
|XXXV OSI Symposium on Contemporary Trends in Optics and Optoelectronics||Thiruvanantpuram||17-01-2011|
|International Conference on Fiber Optics and Photonics - Photonics 2010||IIT Guwahati||Project Grant||13-12-2010|
|15th OptoElectronics and Optical Communication Conference - OECC2010||Sapporo, Japan||05-07-2010|
|Indo-Australia Solar Energy Workshop||Amity Univ. Noida||Feb. 9-10,|
|International Symposium on Microwave and Optical Technology - ISMOT 2009||Hotel Ashok New Delhi||Dec. 16-19|
|International Conference on Optics and Photonics - ICOP 2009||CSIO Chandigarh||Oct. 30 -|
|Optical Fiber Sensors||Edinburgh||UKIERI Project Grant||Oct. 5-7 2|
|International Conference on Fiber Optics and Photonics - Photonics 2008||New Delhi||Dec. 13-17|
|Indo-UK Workshop on Microstructured Optical Fibers||CGCRI Kolkata||Jan. 5-7,|
|Workshop on Optical Fiber Sensors and Components||British Council New Delhi||Dec. 7 - 9|
- Optical Society of America, Senior Member
- Optical Society of India, Life Fellow
- Indian Laser Association, Life Member
- IEEE Photonics Society, Member
- Indian Association of Physics Teachers, Life Member
- Indian Physics Association, Life Member
Projects and Thesis Supervised
|Title of Project||Names of Students|
|Microstructured optical fibers for high power lasers||Sudheer Kumar|
|Studies on long period gratings in optical waveguides||Anil Boyal|
|Large-mode-area dispersion compensating fibre||Rajiv Kumar|
|Leaky optical waveguide based sensors||Anil Boyal|
|Surface plasmon based optoelectronic devices||rajiv Kumar|
|Optical fiber chemical sensors||Anil Boyal|
|Recent advances in TDFA||Rajiv Kumar|
|Integrated optic waveguide lasers||Prince Gupta|
|Integrated optic polarization filter based on leaky structure||Prince Gupta|
|Methods for strain estimation in single fossil forms and graphical representation of asymmetric fold||Rajit Ghosh|
|MATLAB programs for strain analysis from elliptical markers||Ashok Kumar|
|Propagation characteristics of leaky optical waveguides||Bhawana Rautela|
|Gain equalization of EDFA using leaky structures||Prashant Singh|
|Modelling fabrication and characterization of integrated optic planar waveguide||Bhawana Rautela|
|Full vectorial analysis of microstructured optical fiber||Prashant Singh|
|Long period waveguide gratings||Bhawana Rautela|
|Methods for modeling of microstructured optical fibers||Prashant Singh|
|Surface plasmons-based photovoltaic solar cells||Suman Das|
|Dispersion studies on dual-core optical fiber||Suman Das|
|Application of polymers in optical communication||Purushottam Singh|
|Microstructured optical fibers||Alok Kumar|
|Fiber optic Raman amplifier||Abhishek Sharma|
|Fiber Bragg gratings||Rohit Malik|
|Fabrication of glass waveguides using double ion exchange||Abhishek Sharma and Alok Kumar Singh|
|Design of optical fibers for gain flattening of optical amplifiers||Alok Kumar and Anant Rao Saladi|
|Matrix method in fiber and integrated optics||Kaushik Chaudhury|
|Fiber optic communication link||Kaushik Chaudhury and Rohit Malik|
|Propagation Characteristics of microstructured specialty optical fibers||S. P. Chakrabarty|
|Fiber-optic sensor||Rajkumar Patra & Poulami Ghosh|
|Thulium doped fiber amplifiers||Rajkumar Patra|
|Point representation of asymmetric folds||Dipanwita Nandy (Earth Sciences)|
|High power fiber lasers||Poulami Ghosh|
|Fabrication and characterization of glass optical waveguides||Durgesh Kumar Yadav and Prabhat Kumar|
|Optical fiber amplifier||Prabhat Kumar|
|Photonic Crystal/Photonic bandgap waveguides||Durgesh Kumar Yadav|
|Investigations on index-guided photonic crystal fiber||Sudheer Kumar & Shailendra Kumar|
|Oblique flattening of parallel folds: a mechanism for development of complex fold geometry||Alisha Mehra (Earth Sciences)|
Research Scholar Groups
|Ankita Gaur||Few-Mode Erbium Doped Fiber Amplifier|
|Uma Shankar Tripathi||Liquid Crystal Photonics|
|Md. Rehan||Fiber Amplifiers and Lasers|
|Topic||Scholar Name||Status of PHD||Registration Year|
|Large modearea rectangular optical waveguides and fibers||Ajeet Kumar||A||2004|
|Optical fiber designs for amplifiers and sensors||K. Kamakshi||A||2008|
|Design and study of planar optical waveguide components and devices||Ashok Nandam||A||2008|
|Application specific multilayer optical structures||Babita||A||2009|
|Design and study of long period waveguide grating devices using natural optimization algorithms||Girish Semwal||A||2009|
|Multiband photonic integrated circuits using plasmonic MIM waveguide||K. Thirupathaiah||A||2010|
|Studies on multi-mode erbium doped fiber amplifier||Ankita Gaur||O||2013|
|Multilayer structures for optoelectronics applications||Vidhi Mann||O||2013|
|Liquid crystal based integrated optic components and devices||Uma Shankar Tripathi||O||2014|
|Metallic grating assisted surface plasmon resonance based devices||Ashish Bijalwan||O||2014|
|To be decided||Md. Rehan||O||2015|
Visits to outside institutions
|Institute Visited||Purpose of Visit||Date|
|LPMC, Université Nice Sophia Antipolis, Nice, France||Research Collaboration||April 2015|
|LPMC, Université Nice Sophia Antipolis, Nice, France||Visiting Researcher||June 2014|
|LPMC, Université Nice Sophia Antipolis, Nice, France||Visiting Professor||May 2013|
|City Univ. London||UKIERI Project meeting||14-07-2012|
|City Univ. London||UKIERI Project meeting and research collaboration||10-07-2010|
|Univ. of Southampton, Heriot Watt Univ. Edinburgh, and City Univ. London||UKIERI project meeting and research collaboration||01-10-2009|
|University of Nice, France||Research Collaboration||03-06-2009|
|City University London, Univ. of Nottingham||Research Collaboration under UKIERI project||11-07-2008|
|University of Nice France||Visiting Scientist||02-06-2008|
|University of Nice France||Research Collaboration||December 2|
|University of Limoges France||Research Collaboration||December 2|
|City University London||Research Collaboration||August 200|
|University of Southampton UK||Research Collaboration||August 200|
|Heriot Watt University Edinburgh||Research Collaboration||August 200|
|University of Nice France||Research Collaboration||December 2|
|University of Limoges France||Research Collaboration||December 2|
|City University of Hong Kong||Research||June-July|
Courses or Conferences Organised
|Conference Name||Sponsored By||Date|
|Seminar Series on Fiber Optics Photonics and Applications||QIP||20-22 Janu|
|Indo-UK workshop on "Recent Advances in Fiber Optics and Photonics - RAFOP 2006"||DRDO, CSIR, EPSRC||August 25|
National International Collaboration
|Indo-French Networking Project on Specialty Optical Fibers and Fiber based Components for Optical Communication||LPMC Nice, XLIM Limoges, IIT Delhi, CGCRI Kolkata||RP|
|UKIERI major award on "Research on application specific microstructured optical fiber."||City Univ. London, Univ. of Southampton, Heriot Watt Univ. Edinburgh, Univ. of Nottingham, IIT Delhi||RP|
|Development of silica based segmented cladding fiber||CGCRI, Kolkata||RP|
|Innovative light extraction technology for white OLED||IIT Delhi, Moser Baer India Ltd. Greater Noida||RP|
Refereed Journal Papers
- A. Gaur and V. Rastogi, “Design and analysis of high-power segmented-core trench-assisted Yb-free erbium doped fiber amplifier,” Optics and Laser Technology, vol. 95, pp. 46-50, 2017.
- V. Mann, B. Hooda, and V. Rastogi, “Improvement of light-extraction efficiency of organic light-emitting diodes using dielectric nanoparticles,” Journal of Nanophotonics, vol. 11, p. 03610, 2017.
- B. Hooda and V. Rastogi, “Low cost highly sensitive miniaturized refractive index sensor based on planar waveguide,” Optik-International Journal for Light and Electron Optics, vol. 143, pp. 158-166, 2017.
- V. Mann and V. Rastogi, “Dielectric nanoparticles for the enhancement of OLED light extraction efficiency,” Optics Communications, vol. 387, pp. 202-207, 2017.
- A. Pal, A. Dhar, A. Ghosh, R. Sen, B. Hooda, V. Rastogi, M. Ams, F. Mathias, T. Sun, and K. T. V. Grattan, “Sensors for harsh environment : radiation resistant FBG sensor system,” IEEE-OSA J. Lightwave Technology, vol. 35, pp. 3393-3398, 2017.
- V. Rastogi, A. Gaur, P. Aschieri, and B. Dussardier, “Mode group specific amplification length in an asymmetric LPG assisted few-mode EDFA,” Optics Communications, vol. 382, pp. 13-17, 2017.
- A. Gaur and V. Rastogi, “Design and analysis of annulus core few-mode EDFA for modal gain equalization,” IEEE Photonics Technology Letters, vol. 28, pp. 1057-1060, 2016.
- G. Semwal and V. Rastogi,” Design optimization of long period waveguide grating devices for refractive index sensing using adaptive particle swarm optimization,” Optics Communications, vol. 359, pp. 336-343, 2016.
- N. Ashok and V. Rastogi, “Design and study of trench-assisted long-period-waveguide-grating based gain flattening filter for erbium-doped waveguide amplifier,” J. Optics (OSI), DOI 10.1007/s12596-015-0286-1, 2015.
- B. Hooda, A. Pal, V. Rastogi, R. Sen, and J. Kobelke, “Segmented cladding fiber fabricated in silica-based glass,” Optical Engineering, vol. 54, pp. 075103, 2015.
- V. Mann, N. Ashok, and V. Rastogi, “Coupled strip-slot waveguide design for dispersion compensation,” Optical and Quantum Electronics, vol. 47, pp. 3161-3169, 2015.
- G. Semwal and V. Rastogi, “Design optimization of two concatenated lon period waveguide grating devices for an application specific target spectrum,” Applied Optics, vol. 54, pp. 3141 – 3149, 2015.
- G. Semwal and V. Rastogi, “Design of LPWG broad band filters with genetic algorithm optimization,” J Optics (OSI), vol. 43, pp. 165-168, 2014.
- K. Thirupataiah, B. Iyer, N. P. Pathak, and V. Rastogi, “Concurrent dual-band diplexer for nanoscale wireless links,” IEEE Photonics Technology Letters, vol. 26, pp. 1832 - 1835, 2014.
- G. Semwal and V. Rastogi, “Design of application specific long period waveguide grating filters using adaptive particle swarm optimization algorithms,” J Optics (IOP), vol. 16, pp. 15504(1-8), 2014.
- G. Semwal and V. Rastogi, “Derivative free method for computing modes of multilayer planar waveguide,” Optical and Quantum Electronics, vol. 46, pp. 423-438, 2014.
- B. Hooda and V. Rastogi, “Design of segmented cladding fiber for femtosecond laser pulse delivery at 1550 and 1064 nm wavelengths,” Optical and Quantum Electronics, vol. 46, pp. 397-408, 2014.
- K. Thirupataiah, N. P. Pathak, and V. Rastogi, “Concurrent dual-band filters using plasmonic slot waveguide,” IEEE Photonics Technology Letters, vol. 25, pp. 2217-2220, 2013.
- N. Ashok, and V. Rastogi, “Dual-core leaky waveguide-based filters for erbium doped waveguide amplifier,” Fiber and Integrated Optics, vol. 32, pp. 242-250, 2013.
- K. Kamakshi, V. Rastogi, and A. Kumar, “Design and analysis of a refractive index sensor based on dual-core large-mode-area fiber,” Optical Fiber Technology, vol. 19, pp. 325-329, 2013.
- G. Prabhakar, A. Peer, V. Rastogi, and A. Kumar, “Large-effective-area dispersion-compensating fiber design based on dual-core microstructure,” Applied Optics, vol. 52, pp. 4505-4509, 2013.
- B. Hooda, and V. Rastogi, “Segmented-core single mode optical fiber with ultra-large-effective-area, low dispersion slope and flattened dispersion for DWDM optical communication system,” Progress in Electromagnetic Research B, vol. 51, pp. 157-175, 2013.
- N. Ashok, V. Rastogi, and A. Kumar, “Long-period-grating in a trench assisted planar optical waveguide,” Applied Optics, vol. 52, pp. 1954-1962, 2013.
- Babita, V. Rastogi, and A. Kumar, “Design of large-mode-area three-layered fiber structure for femtosecond laser pulse delivery,” Optics Communications, vol. 293, pp. 108-112, 2013.
- V. Rastogi, “Application specific leaky optical fibers,” J. Optics (OSI), vol. 42, pp. 42-50, 2013.
- N. Ashok, V. Rastogi, and A. Kumar, “Dual-core leaky optical waveguide as an integrated-optic polarizer,” Optics Communications, vol. 285, pp. 5094-5099, 2012.
- A. Kumar, V. Rastogi, A. Agrawal, and B. M. A. Rahman, “Birefringence analysis of segmented cladding fibre,” Applied Optics, vol. 51, pp. 3104-3108, 2012.
- K. Kamakshi, and V. Rastogi, “Inherently gain flattened S-band erbium doped fiber amplifier based on dual core resonantly leaky fiber,” Optics Communications, vol. 285, pp. 2821-2825, 2012.
- V. Rastogi, R. Kumar, and A. Kumar, “Large-effective-area all-solid dispersion compensating fiber,” J. Optics (IOP), vol. 13, pp. 125707(1-6), 2011.
- A. Kumar and V. Rastogi, “Design and analysis of dual-shape-core large-mode-area optical fiber,” Applied Optics, vol. 50, pp. E119 - E124, 2011.
- V. Rastogi, N. Ashok, and A. Kumar, “Design and analysis of large-core high-GVD planar optical waveguide for dispersion compensation,” Applied Physics B, 2011, vol. 105, pp. 821-824, 2011.
- B. Dussardier, V. Rastogi, A. Kumar and G. Monnom, “Large mode area leaky optical fiber fabricated by MCVD.” Applied Optics, vol. 50, pp. 3118 - 3122, 2011.
- K. Kamakshi, V. Rastogi, P. Singh and A. Kumar, “Design of dual-core resonant leaky optical fibre based gain flattening filters for erbium doped fibre amplifiers,” Optics Communications, vol. 283, pp. 5025-5027, 2010.
- D. C. Srivastava, V. Rastogi and R. Ghosh, “A rapid Bezier curve method for shape analysis and point representation of asymmetric folds,” J. Structural Geology, vol. 32, pp. 685-692, 2010.
- L. Labonte, V. Rastogi, A. Kumar, B. Dussadier and G. Monnom, “Birefringence analysis of multilayer leaky cladding optical fiber,” J. Optics (IOP), vol. 12, pp. 065705 (1-4), 2010.
- K. Kamakshi, V. Rastogi, A. Kumar and J. Rai, “Design and fabrication of a single-mode optical fiber based refractive index sensor,” Microwave and Optical Technology Letters , vol. 52, pp. 1408-1411, 2010.
- D. C. Srivastava, and V. Rastogi, “HingeInflex – a MATLAB-based method for precise selection of the hinge and the inflection points in folds,” Geological Magazine, vol. 147, pp. 233-241, 2010.
- J. Shah, D. C. Srivastava, V. Rastogi, R. Ghosh, and A. Pal, “Strain estimation from single forms of distorted fossils – a computer graphics and MATLAB approach,” J. Geological Society of India, vol. 75, pp. 88-97, 2010.
- A. Kumar, V. Rastogi, C. Kakkar, and B. Dussardier, “Co-axial dual-core resonant leaky fibre for optical amplifiers,” J. Optics A: Pure and Applied Optics, vol. 10, pp. 115306 (1-6), 2008.
- A. Kumar, and V. Rastogi, “Multilayer cladding leaky planar waveguide for high-power applications,” Applied Physics B, vol. 92, pp. 577-583, 2008.
- A. Kumar, V. Rastogi, and K. S. Chiang, “Large-core single-mode channel waveguide based on geometrically shaped leaky cladding,” Applied Physics B, vol. 90, pp. 507-512, 2008.
- A. Kumar, and V. Rastogi, “Design and analysis of a multilayer cladding large-mode-area optical fibre,” J. Optics A : Pure and Applied Optics, vol. 10, pp. 015303 (1-6), 2008.
- A. Kumar, V. Rastogi, and K. S. Chiang, “Leaky optical waveguide for high power applications,” Applied Physics B, vol. 85, pp. 11-16, 2006.
- V. Rastogi, and K. S. Chiang, “Analysis of segmented cladding fiber by the radial effective-index method,” J. Optical Society of America B, vol. 21, pp. 258-265, 2004.
- Q. Liu, K. S. Chiang, and V. Rastogi, “Analysis of corrugated long-period gratings in slab waveguides and their polarization dependence,” J. Lightwave Technology, vol. 21, pp. 3399-3405, 2003.
- V. Rastogi, and K. S. Chiang, “Holey optical fiber with circularly distributed holes analyzed by radial effective-index method,” Optics Letters, vol. 28, pp. 2449-2451, 2003.
- V. Rastogi, and K. S. Chiang, “Leaky optical fibre for large mode area singlemode operation,” Electronics Letters, vol. 39, pp. 1110-1112, 2003.
- K. S. Chiang, R. Kancheti, and V. Rastogi, “Temperature-compensated fiber-Bragg-grating-based magnetostrictive sensor for DC and AC currents,” Optical Engineering, vol. 42, pp. 1906-1909, 2003.
- K. S. Chiang, K. P. Lor, C. K. Chow, H. P. Chan, V. Rastogi, and Y. M. Chu, “Widely tunable long-period gratings fabricated in polymer-clad ion-exchanged glass waveguides,” Photonics Technology Letters, vol. 15, pp. 1094-1096, 2003.
- V. Rastogi and K. S. Chiang, “Long period gratings in planar optical waveguides,” Applied Optics, vol. 41, pp. 6351-6355, 2002.
- V. Rastogi, K. S. Chiang, and N. N. Akhmediev, “Soliton states in a nonlinear directional coupler with intermodal dispersion,” Physics Letters A, vol. 301, pp. 27 – 34, 2002.
- V. Rastogi and K. S. Chiang, “Propagation characteristics of a segmented cladding fiber,” Optics Letters, vol. 26, pp. 491-493, 2001.
- V. Rastogi, P. Baldi, I. Aboud, P. Aschiéri, M.P. De Micheli, D.B. Ostrowsky, and J.P. Meyn, “Effect of proton exchange on periodically poled ferroelectric domains in lithium tantalate,” Optical Materials, vol. 15, pp. 27-32, 2000.
- P. Aschiéri, V. Rastogi, L. Chanvillard, P. Baldi, M. De Micheli, D. B. Ostrowsky, G. Bellanca, P. Bassi, K. Thyagarajan and M. R. Shenoy, “Experimental observation of longitudinal modulation of mode fields in periodically segmented waveguides,” Applied Optics, vol. 38, pp. 5734-5737, 1999.
- K. El Hadi, V. Rastogi, M. R. Shenoy, K. Thyagarajan, M. De Micheli, and D. B. Ostrowsky, “Spectral measurements of the film-substrate index difference in proton exchanged LiNbO3 waveguides,” Applied Optics, vol. 37, pp. 6463-6467, 1998.
- V. Rastogi, A. K. Ghatak, D. B. Ostrowsky, K. Thyagarajan, M. R. Shenoy, “ Ray analysis of parabolic-index segmented planar waveguides,” Applied Optics, vol. 37, pp. 4851-4856, 1998.
- V. Rastogi, V. Mahalakshmi, M. R. Shenoy, and K. Thyagarajan, “Propagation characteristics of a novel complementary-structure planar segmented waveguide,” Optics Communications, vol. 148, pp. 230-235, 1998.
- V. Rastogi, K. Thyagarajan, M. R. Shenoy, P. Baldi, M. De Micheli, and D. B. Ostrowsky, “Modeling of large-bandwidth parametric amplification in the Cerenkov-idler configuration in planar waveguides,” J. Opt. Soc. of America B, Special issue on Nonlinear Guided Waves: Physics and Applications, vol. 14, pp. 3191-3196, 1997.
- K. Thyagarajan, V. Rastogi, M. R. Shenoy, D. B.Ostrowsky, M. De Micheli, and P. Baldi, “Modeling of parametric amplification in the Cerenkov-idler configuration in planar waveguides,” Optics Letters, vol. 21, pp. 1631-1633, 1996.
- K. Thyagarajan, V. Rastogi, V. Mahalakshmi, and M. R. Shenoy, “Propagation characteristics of novel gain-guided segmented planar waveguides,” Optics Communications, vol. 121, pp. 19-26, 1995.
- Faculty Facilitator for SURA -2005 project entitled "An optical fiber based pH sensor" carried out by Kaushik Chaudhury and Rohit Malik of M. Sc. (1st yr.) Development of Atomic and Laser Physics Laboratory (a teaching lab.) , US patent on " Optical fiber for Ultra High Capacity Transmission" invented with prof. K. S. chiang of City University of Hong Kong, patent granted on July 27, 2004, Reviewing work for internation journal "Optics Communications" published by Elsevier Science.