- Condensed matter theory:, Correlated electronic systems, quantum many body, electronic structure of novel materials
|2002||2004||Guest Scientist||Max Planck Institute for Physics of Complex Systems|
|2004||2006||Post-doctoral research fellow||J. W. Goethe University, Frankfurt, Germany|
|2006||2008||Post-doctoral research fellow||Twente University, Enschede, The Netherlands|
|2008||2014||Assistant Professor||I.I.T. Roorkee|
|2014||present||Associate Professor||I.I.T. Roorkee|
|Ph.D.||Condensed Matter Theory||I. I. T. - Kharagpur||2003|
|Competing and coexisting long range orders in certain correlated systems||CSIR||2012|
|Magnetic and orbital order in certain spinel oxides from first principles||DST, India||2010|
|Effect of electronic correlation in magnetically frustrated systems||SRIC,IITR||2009|
|Investigation of magnetism in NdMn0.5Fe0.5O3 and Nd2MnFeO6||UGC-DAE||2016|
|Investigation of photodoping effect in complex oxide thin films and multilayers||SERB||2016|
|EUROMAT-2017||Thessaloniki, Greece||IIT Roorkee||Sept'17|
|Itinerant Spin-Orbital Systems: From Magnetic Frustration to Novel Superconductivity||Max Planck Institute for Physics of Complex Systems, Dresden, Germany||IIT Roorkee||21-05-2012|
|ICTS condensed matter programme||Infosys campus, Mysore||ICTS, Bangalore||12-12-2010|
|International conference on Physics and Chemistry of Oxide Materials||S.N.Bose National Centre for Basic Sciences, Kolkata||SNBCBS, Kolkata||23-02-2009|
|Recent Advances in Quantum Condensed Matter||School of Physics, J.N.U.||JNU||05-07 Marc|
|Avijeet Ray||Strongly correlated systems|
|Jyoti Krishna||correlated systems|
|Sarita Rajput||Magnetic and structural transitions, magnetocaloric effect|
|Mukesh Kumar Sharma||Correlated electronic systems|
|Topic||Scholar Name||Status of PHD||Registration Year|
|Study of extended Falicov-Kimball model on a triangular lattice for correlated systems||Umesh Kumar Yadav||A||2008|
|Electronic and magnetic properties of strongly correlated systems||Monika Dhariwal||A||2009|
|Magnetic and orbital order in frustrated spinel systems||Ramandeep||A||2009|
|Spin dependent Falicov-Kimball model on a triangular lattice||Sant Kumar||A||2010|
|Long range orders in correlated systems||Avijeet Ray||O||2013|
|Electronic and magnetic properties of complex oxides||Jyoti Krishna||O||2014|
|Institute Visited||Purpose of Visit||Date|
|Max Planck Institute for Physics of Complex Systems, Dresden, Germany||Research collaboration||Jun-Jul'09|
|Imperial College, London, UK||Research Collaboration||June '2012|
|Michigan state university, USA||Research collaboration||June,2013|
|Conference Name||Sponsored By||Date|
|Recent Advances in Strongly Correlated Electronic Materials||SERB, CSIR, BRNS, TIFR, IMSC||Feb'17|
|Strongly correlated electronic systems||IIT Kharagpur||RP|
|Correlated Electronic Systems||Institute of Mathematical Science, Chennai||RP|
|Magnetic spinel systems||S.N. Bose centre for basic sciences, Kolkata||RP|
1. Dibyendu Dey, S. Nandy, T. Maitra, C. S. Yadav and A. Taraphder, Nature of spiral state and absence of electric polarisation in Sr-doped YBaCuFeO5 revealed by first-principle study; Scientific Reports 8, 2404 (2018).
2.Ankita Singh, A. Jain, Avijeet Ray, Padmanabhan B., RuchikaYadav, Vivian Nassif, Sajid Husain, S. M. Yusuf, T. Maitra, and V. K. Malik; Spin reorientation in NdFe0.5Mn0.5O3: Neutron scattering and ab initio study; Physical Review B, 144420, 96, (2017).
3. First-Principles Correlated Approach to the Normal State of Strontium Ruthenate, Swagata Acharya, M. S. Laad, Dibyendu Dey, T. Maitra, A. Taraphder; Scientific Reports 7, 43033 (2017).
4.Orbital Ordering in Fe1−xMnxV2O4: A First Principles Study, Dibyendu Dey, T. Maitra, A. Taraphder; Phys. Rev. B 93, 195133 (2016).
5. The role of intra- and inter-site exchange correlations in the extended Falicov–Kimball model on a triangular lattice, Sant Kumar, Umesh K. Yadav, T. Maitra, Ishwar Singh; Solid State Communications 228, 1 (2016).
6. Nature of transport gap and magnetic order in zircon and scheelite type DyCrO4 from first principles, Avijeet Ray and T. Maitra; J. Phys.: Condens. Matter 27, 105501 (2015).
7. Competing electronic states in the high temperature phase of NaTiO2, M. Dhariwal, L. Pisani and T. Maitra; J. Phys.: Condens. Matter 26, 205501 (2014).
8. Study of ground state phases for spin-1/2 Falicov-Kimball model on a triangular lattice, Sant Kumar, Umesh K. Yadav, T. Maitra and I. Singh; Solid State Communications 189C, 21 (2014)
9. The nature of itineracy in CoV2O4: a first principles study, Ramandeep Kaur, T. Maitra and T. Nautiyal; J. Phys. cond. mat. 26, 045505 (2014).
10. Phase transitions in a spinless, extended Falicov-Kimball model on a triangular lattice, Umesh K. Yadav, T. Maitra, Ishwar Singh, Solid State Communications, 164, 32, (2013).
11. Effect of spin-orbit coupling on magnetic and orbital order in MgV2O4, Ramandeep Kaur, T. Maitra and T. Nautiyal; J. Phys. Cond. Mat. 25, 065503 (2013).
12. Orbital order in NaTiO2 : A first principles study, Monika Dhariwal, T. Maitra, Ishwar Singh, S. Koley, A. Taraphder; Solid State Communications, 152, 1912 (2012).
13. Metallicity and ferromagnetism in nanosystem of charge ordered Nd0.5Sr0.5MnO3, S. Kundu, T. K. Nath, A. K. Nigam, T. Maitra, and A. Taraphder; J. of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology 12, 943 (2012).
14. Thermodynamic studies of the two dimensional Falicov-Kimball model on a triangular lattice, U. K. Yadav, T. Maitra and I. Singh; Eur. Phys. J. B. 84, 365 (2011).
15. An extended Falicov-Kimball model on a triangular lattice,U. K. Yadav, T. Maitra, I. Singh and A. Taraphder; Europhysics Letters 93, 47013 (2011).
16. Comparative study of FeCr2S4 and FeSc2S4: Spinels with orbitally active A site, S. Sarkar, T. Maitra, R. Valenti, T. Saha-Dasgupta; Physical Review B 82, 041105(R) (2010).
17. Ground state phase diagram of a spinless, extended Falicov-Kimball model on the triangular lattice, Umesh K Yadav, T. Maitra, I.S. Tyagi, A. Taraphder, J. Phys.: Condens. Matter 22, 295602 (2010).
18. Proposed Orbital Ordering in MnV2O4 from First principles, S. Sarkar, T. Maitra, R. Valenti and T. Saha-Dasgupta, Phys. Rev. Lett. 102, 216405 (2009).
19. Orbital order in ZnV2O4, T. Maitra and R. Valenti, Phys. Rev. Lett. 99, 126401 (2007).
20. Effects of Fe substitution on the electronic, transport, and magnetic properties of ZnGa2O4: A systematic ab initio study, L.Pisani, T. Maitra and R. Valenti, Phys. Rev. B. 73, 205204 (2006).
21. Magnetic properties of doped GdI2, T. Maitra, A. Taraphder, A. N. Yaresko and P. Fulde; Eur. Phys. J. B 49, 433 (2006).
22. Charge order and phase segregation in overdoped bilayer manganites, T. Maitra, A. Taraphder and H. Beck; J. Phys.: Condens. Matter 17 4333 (2005).
23. Ferromagnetism in Fe-substituted spinel semiconductor ZnGa2O4, T. Maitra and R. Valenti, J. Phys.: Condens. Matter 17 7417-7431 (2005).
24. Volume contraction at the Jahn-Teller transition of LaMnO3, T. Maitra, P. Thalmeier, T. Chatterji, Physical Review B, 69 132417 (2004).
25. Magnetic and orbital order in overdoped bilayer manganites, Tulika Maitra and A. Taraphder, Europhysics Lett., 65, 262 (2004).
26. Magnetic, orbital and charge ordering in electron-doped manganites, T. Maitra and A. Taraphder; Phys. Rev. B, 68, 174416 (2003).
27. Double exchange and orbital correlations in electron-doped manganites, T. Maitra and A. Taraphder; Europhysics Lett., 59, 896 (2002).
28. Antiferromagnetism and Superconductivity in a model with extended pairing interactions, T. Maitra, H. Beck and A. Taraphder; Eur. Phys. J. B, 21, 527-533 (2001).
29. Thermodynamic Properties of dx2−y2+idxy Superconductors, Tulika Maitra, Physica C, 331, 302-306 (2000).
30. Gap anisotropy in the angle-resolved photoemission spectroscopy of Bi2Sr2CaCu2O8+\delta, T. Maitra, A. Taraphder, Physica C, 325, 61-69 (1999).