Areas of Interest
- Condensed matter theory and simulation, mechanical response of granular media and glass, Condensed matter theory and simulation, Physics of glass formation and supercooled liquids
|2016-01-01||2 years||Post-doctoral Fellow||Institue of Industrial Science, University of Tokyo, Japan|
|2013-01-01||3 years||Post-doctoral Fellow||Dept. of Chemical Physics, Weizmann Institute of Science, Israel|
|2013-01-01||Post-doctoral Researcher||TIFR Centre for Interdisciplinary Sciences, Hyderabad, India.|
Honors and Awards
|IIS Fellowship for Post-doctoral Research||Institute of Industrial Science, University of Tokyo, Japan||2018|
|INSPIRE Faculty Award||Department of Science and Technology, Government of India||2016|
|CSIR-NET Junior Research Fellowship||Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR), India.||2006|
|Summer Research Fellowship||Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research, Bengaluru, India||2004|
|PhD||Physics of supercooled liquids and glass transition||Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research, Bengaluru, India||2013|
|M. Sc.||Physics||Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur, India||2006|
|B. Sc. (Hons.)||Physics||Jadavpur University, Kolkata, India||2004|
Book Chapter: Srikanth Sastry and Shiladitya Sengupta, “Kinetic, Thermodynamic, and Adam-Gibbs Fragilities”
(Chapter 7 of Fragility of Glassforming liquids, Eds. A. Lindsay Greer, K. F. Kelton, and S. Sastry, TRiPS Series), Publisher: Hindustan Book Agency, India, 2014.
Refereed Journal Papers
- Anshul D. S. Parmar, Shiladitya Sengupta and Srikanth Sastry, Power law relationship between diffusion coefficients in multi-component glass forming liquids, The European Physical Journal E, 41, 90 (2018). arXiv:1805.04671
- Anshul D. S. Parmar, Shiladitya Sengupta and Srikanth Sastry, Length-Scale Dependence of the Stokes-Einstein and Adam-Gibbs Relations in Model Glass Formers, Physical Review Letters, 119, 056001 (2017). arXiv:1705.09982
- Oleg Gendelman, Yoav. G. Pollack, Itamar Procaccia, Shiladitya Sengupta, and Jacques Zylberg,What determines the static force chains in stressed granular media?, Physical Review Letters, 116, 078001 (2016). [Author names arranged alphabetically; selected for the cover page of PRL.] arXiv:1505.06626
Our reply, Physical Review Letters, 117, 159802 (2016) to the comment by E. DeGiuli and J. N. McElwaine.
- Manoj Kumar Nandi, Atreyee Banerjee, Shiladitya Sengupta, Srikanth Sastry and Sarika Maitra Bhattacharyya, Unravelling the success and failure of mode coupling theory from consideration of entropy, The Journal of Chemical Physics, 143, 174504 (2015). arXiv:1507.00203
- Atreyee Banerjee, Shiladitya Sengupta, Srikanth Sastry and Sarika Maitra Bhattacharyya, The role of structure and entropy in determining differences in dynamics for glass-formers with different interaction potentials, Physical Review Letters, 113, 225701 (2014). arXiv:1404.0815.
- Vishwas V. Vasisht, John Mathew, Shiladitya Sengupta and Srikanth Sastry, Nesting of thermodynamic, structural, and dynamic anomalies in liquid silicon, The Journal of Chemical Physics, 141, 124501 (2014).[Selected in JCP Editors's choice for 2014.]
- Shiladitya Sengupta and Smarajit Karmakar, Distribution of diffusion constants and Stokes-Einstein violation in supercooled liquids, The Journal of Chemical Physics, 140, 224505 (2014).
- Shiladitya Sengupta, Vishwas V. Vasisht and Srikanth Sastry, Diffusivity anomaly in modified Stillinger-Weber liquids, The Journal of Chemical Physics, 140, 044503 (2014).
- Shiladitya Sengupta, Thomas B Schrøder and Srikanth Sastry, Density-temperature scaling of the fragility in a model glass-former,The European Physical Journal E, 36, 1 (2013).
- Shiladitya Sengupta, Smarajit Karmakar, Chandan Dasgupta and Srikanth Sastry, Breakdown of the Stokes-Einstein relation in two, three, and four dimensions, The Journal of Chemical Physics, 138, 12A548 (2013).
- Shiladitya Sengupta, Smarajit Karmakar, Chandan Dasgupta and Srikanth Sastry, Adam-Gibbs Relation for Glass-Forming Liquids in Two, Three, and Four Dimensions, Physical Review Letters, 109, 095705 (2012).
- Shiladitya Sengupta, Filipe Vasconcelos, Frédéric Affouard and Srikanth Sastry, Dependence of the fragility of a glass former on the softness of interparticle interactions, The Journal of Chemical Physics, 135, 194503 (2011).