Himanshu Fulara Assistant professor email@example.com Website
Areas of Interest
- Applied Spintronics & Nanomagnetism, Spin-Torque and Spin Hall Nano-Oscillator Devices, Spin-Waves, Non-Linear Magnetization Dynamics, Brain-Inspired Computing, Magnonics, Exchange-Biased Magnetic Thin Films
Honors and Awards
|Postdoctoral Scholarship||University of Gothenburg, Sweden||2017|
|Max-Planck Postdoctoral Fellowship||Max Planck Institute of Microstructure Physics Halle, Germany||2014|
|Winner Best Project Award, I2 tech 2013 Open House Day||Indian Institute of Technology Delhi||2013|
|Merit Prize, National Science Day - 2013: Best Speaker Award at the Institute Level||Indian Institute of Technology Delhi||2013|
|Senior Research Fellowship||Joint CSIR-UGC, Govt. of India||2011|
|All India Rank - 65, Joint Entrance Screening Test (JEST - 2009)||Variable Energy Cyclotron Centre, Department of Atomic Energy, Govt. of India||2009|
|Junior Research Fellowship and Lectureship||Joint CSIR-UGC, Govt. of India||2008|
|Ph. D.||Experimental Condensed Matter Physics||Indian Institute of Technology Delhi||2014|
|July 2019||2 years||Researcher||University of Gothenburg, Sweden|
|April 2019||3 months||Visiting Researcher||NanOsc AB, Sweden|
|April 2017||2 years||Postdoctoral Scholar||University of Gothenburg, Sweden|
|September 2015||1 year 5 months||Assistant Professor||Galgotias University, India|
|August 2014||1 year||
|Max Planck Institute of Microstructure Physics Halle, Germany
|Invited Talk at APS March Meeting 2022 (Focus Session)||APS March Meeting 2022, Chicago Illinois, (USA)
|Invited Lecture at one Week Short Term Course (STC) on "Smart Materials: Processing and Applications"||Department of Physics, NIT Uttarakhand, (INDIA)
|Invited Lecture at National Webinar on Energy Efficient Innovations and Applications||Maitreyi College, Delhi University, (INDIA)||June 2021|
|Invited Talk at Webinar Series on Spintronics (W2S Seminar)||NISER Bhubaneswar, (INDIA)||April 2021|
|Invited Talk at The 4th Symposium for The Core Research Cluster for Spintronics||Tohoku University, (JAPAN)||February 2021|
|Invited Symposium Talk at MMM 2020 Virtual Conference||65th Annual Conference on Magnetism and Magnetic Materials, Palm Beach, Florida (USA)||November 2020|
|Invited Talk at INTERMAG 2020, (Cancelled due to COVID-19)
||2020 International Magnetics Conference, Montréal, (CANADA)||May 2020|
|Invited Talk at APS March Meeting 2020 (Focus Session)||APS March Meeting 2020, Denver, Colorado, (USA)||March 2020|
|Invited Oral Presentation at XXth International Workshop on Physics of Semiconductor Devices (IWPSD-2019)
||IWPSD-2019, Novotel Hotel And Residences, Kolkata, (INDIA)||December 2019|
|Invited Talk at VR Neuromorphic Project meeting||Royal Swedish Academy of Engineering Sciences (IVA), Stockholm, (SWEDEN)||November 2019|
|Invited Lecture at Soban Singh Jeena Campus Almora
||Kumaun University, Nainital, Uttarakhand (INDIA)
|Invited Talk at Max Planck Institute of Microstructure Physics Halle||Max Planck Institute of Microstructure Physics Halle, (GERMANY)||May 2014|
Peer-reviewed International Journals:
- Lakhan Bainsla, Akash Kumar, Ahmad A. Awad, Chunlei Wang, Mohammad Zahedinejad, Nilamani Behera, Himanshu Fulara, Roman Khymyn, Afshin Houshang, Jonas Weissenrieder, Johan Åkerman, "Ultrathin ferrimagnetic GdFeCo films with very low damping," Advanced Functional Materials (Submitted) 2021. arXiv:2111.08768
- Nilamani Behera, Himanshu Fulara*, Lakhan Bainsla, Akash Kumar, Mohammad Zahedinejad, Afshin Houshang, Johan Åkerman*, "Energy-efficient W100-xTax/CoFeB/MgO spin Hall nano-oscillators," Physical Review Applied (Submitted) 2021. arXiv:2111.08627 (*Corresponding Author)
- AV Chumak, P Kabos, M Wu, C Abert, C Adelmann, A Adeyeye, J Åkerman, FG Aliev, A Anane, A Awad, CH Back, A Barman, GEW Bauer, M Becherer, EN Beginin, VASV Bittencourt, YM Blanter, P Bortolotti, I Boventer, DA Bozhko, SA Bunyaev, JJ Carmiggelt, RR Cheenikundil, F Ciubotaru, S Cotofana, G Csaba, OV Dobrovolskiy, C Dubs, M Elyasi, KG Fripp, H Fulara et al., "Roadmap on Spin-Wave Computing", IEEE Transactions on Quantum Engineering (Submitted) 2021. arXiv:2111.00365
- A. Houshang, M. Zahedinejad, S. Muralidhar, J. Checinski, R. Khymyn, M. Rajabali, Himanshu Fulara, A. A. Awad, M. Dvornik and J. Åkerman, “Phase-binarized spin Hall nano-oscillator arrays: Towards spin Hall Ising machines”, Physical Review Applied (Submitted) 2021.
- M. Zahedinejad, Himanshu Fulara, R. Khymyn, A. Houshang, M. Dvornik, S. Fukami, S. Kanai, H. Ohno, and J. Åkerman, “Memristive control of mutual SHNO synchronization for neuromorphic computing", Nature Materials (In Print) 2021. arXiv:2009.06594
- M. Haidar, H. Mazraati, P. Dürrenfeld, Himanshu Fulara, M. Ranjbar, and J. Åkerman, “Compositional effect on auto-oscillation behavior of Ni100-xFex/Pt spin Hall nano-oscillators”, Appl. Phys. Lett. 118, 012406 (2021).
- Himanshu Fulara*, M. Zahedinejad, R. Khymyn, M. Dvornik, S. Fukami, S. Kanai, H. Ohno, and J. Åkerman*, “Giant voltage-controlled modulation of spin Hall nano-oscillator damping”, Nature Communications 11, 4006 (2020). (*Corresponding Author)
[The research was highlighted by 8 different international news outlets.]
- M. Zahedinejad, A. A. Awad, S. Muralidhar, R. Khymyn, Himanshu Fulara, H. Mazraati, M. Dvornik, and J. Åkerman, “Two-dimensional mutually synchronized spin Hall nano-oscillator arrays for neuromorphic computing”, Nature Nanotechnology 15, 47–52 (2020).
- Himanshu Fulara, M. Zahedinejad, R. Khymyn, A. A. Awad, S. Muralidhar, M. Dvornik, and J. Åkerman, “Spin-orbit torque—driven propagating spin waves”, Science Advances 5, eaax8467 (2019).
- A. Houshang, R. Khymyn, Himanshu Fulara, A. Gangwar, M. Haidar, S. R. Etesami, R. Ferreira, P. P. Freitas, M. Dvornik, R. K. Dumas, J. Åkerman, “Spin transfer torque driven higher-order propagating spin waves in nano-contact magnetic tunnel junctions,” Nature Communications 9, 4374 (2018).
- M. Zahedinejad, H. Mazraati, Himanshu Fulara, J. Yue, S. Jiang, A. A. Awad, and J. Åkerman, “CMOS compatible W/CoFeB/MgO spin Hall nano-oscillators with wide frequency tunability,” Appl. Phys. Lett. 112, 132404 (2018).
- M. M. Otrokov, A. Ernst, K. Mohseni, Himanshu Fulara, S. Roy, G. R. Castro, J. Rubio-Zuazo, A. G. Ryabishchenkova, K. A. Kokh, O. E. Tereshchenko, Z. S. Aliev, M. B. Babanly, E. V. Chulkov, H. L. Meyerheim, and S. S. P. Parkin, “Geometric and electronic structure of the Cs-doped Bi2Se3(0001) surface,” Phys. Rev. B 95, 205429 (2017).
- Himanshu Fulara, Sujeet Chaudhary, Subhash C. Kashyap, and Simon Granville, “Enhancement of exchange bias and training effect in ion-beam sputtered Fe46Mn54/Ni81Fe19 bilayers,” J. Appl. Phys. 115, 043910 (2014).
- Himanshu Fulara, Sujeet Chaudhary, and Subhash C. Kashyap, “Biaxial anisotropy driven asymmetric kinked magnetization reversal in exchange-biased IrMn/NiFe bilayers,” Appl. Phys. Lett. 103, 052405 (2013).
- Himanshu Fulara, Sujeet Chaudhary, and Subhash C. Kashyap, “Influence of strong anisotropy of CoFe layer on the reversal asymmetry and training effect in Ir22Mn78/Co60Fe40 bilayers,” J. Appl. Phys. 113, 043914 (2013).
- Himanshu Fulara, Sujeet Chaudhary, and Subhash C. Kashyap, “Interdependence of reversal asymmetry and training effect in Ir22Mn78/Ni81Fe19 bilayers probed with magnetoresistance,” Appl. Phys. Lett. 101, 142408 (2012).
- L. Kipgen, Himanshu Fulara, M. Raju, and Sujeet Chaudhary, “In-plane magnetic anisotropy and coercive field dependence upon thickness of CoFeB,” J. Magn. Mag. Mater. 324, 3118 (2012).
- Himanshu Fulara, Sujeet Chaudhary, Subhash C. Kashyap, and D. K. Pandya, “Positive exchange bias in ion-beam sputtered IrMn/CoFeB system grown on CoFe seed layer,” Nanosci. Nanotechnol. Lett. 4, 651-655 (2012).
- Himanshu Fulara, Sujeet Chaudhary, Subhash C. Kashyap, and D. K. Pandya, “Positive exchange bias in as-deposited ion-beam sputtered IrMn/CoFeB system,” J. Appl. Phys. 110, 093916 (2011).
Full Papers in Conference Proceedings:
- Himanshu Fulara, Sujeet Chaudhary, and Subhash Kashyap, “Magnetoresistance investigations in exchange-biased IrMn/NiFe bilayers,” AIP Conf. Proc. 1512, 1178 (2013).
- Chandra Prakash, Rajagopal Srivatsan, Himanshu Fulara, and Sujeet Chaudhary, “Tailoring the hysteresis loop of the Si/Cu(10nm)/FeMn(10-30nm)/CoFeB(10nm) bilayer system,” Advanced Materials Research Vols. 622-623, pp 695-699 (2013).
- Himanshu Fulara, Sujeet Chaudhary, Subhash C. Kashyap, and Dinesh Pandya, “Effect of seed layer thickness on the magnetic properties of Sputter deposited and magnetically annealed FM/AF system for exchange coupled magnetic tunnel junctions”, Processing and Fabrication of Advanced materials (PFAM-XIX), Aukland (New Zealand), Jan 15-18, 2011, #181 p1314-1319.
- Himanshu Fulara, M. Raju, Sujeet Chaudhary, Subhash C. Kashyap, and D. K. Pandya, “Magnetic properties of sputtered IrMn/CoFeB nanometric bilayers for exchange biased magnetic tunnel junctions,” NSTI-Nanotech 2010, Jun 21- 24, 2010, Anaheim (USA), Vol. 1, Ch. 1, Nanoscale Material Characterization, #1573 (2010) p133-136.
Participation in Conferences/Workshops
|Contributory Talk at Advances in Magnetics (IEEE-AIM 2021) Virtual Meeting||Moena (TN), (ITALY)||University of Gothenburg, Sweden||June 2021|
|Contributory Talk at Joint European Magnetic Symposia (JEMS-2020)||Lisbon, (PORTUGAL).||University of Gothenburg, Sweden||December 2020|
|Contributory Talk at the 2019 Conference on Magnetism and Magnetic Materials (MMM 2019)||Rio All-Suites Hotel & Casino, Las Vegas (USA).||University of Gothenburg, Sweden||November 2019|
|Contributory Talk at 9th Joint European Magnetic Symposia (JEMS-2018)||Mainz, (GERMANY)||University of Gothenburg, Sweden||September 2018|
|Contributory Talk at International Conference on Magnetism and Spintronics (SOL-SKYMAG 2018)||San Sebastian, (SPAIN)||University of Gothenburg, Sweden||June 2018|
|Contributory Talk at One-Day Trends in Magnetism Meeting||Uppsala, (SWEDEN)||University of Gothenburg, Sweden||January 2018|
|Contributory Talk at International Conference on Nanoscience and Nanotechnology (ICNN-2013)||B. B. Ambedkar Central University, Lucknow, U.P., (INDIA)||IIT Delhi, India||November 2013|
|Contributory Talk at 12th Joint MMM/Intermag Conference||Hyatt Regency Hotel, Chicago, Illinois (USA).||DST & IIT Delhi, India||January 2013|
|Contributory Talk at National Seminar on Advanced Materials & Devices (NSAMD-2011)||G. V. M. Girls College, Sonepat (INDIA)||IIT Delhi, India||July 2011|
|Contributory Talk at International Conference on Materials for Advanced Technologies (ICMAT-2011)
||Suntec (SINGAPORE).||IIT Delhi, India||June 2011|