Honurs And Awards
1. G. Pavan and S. Singh (2022). “Near-perfect sound absorptions in broad range low-frequencies by varying compositions of porous labyrinthine acoustic metamaterial”, Applied Acoustics, Status: Accepted for publication, Paper ID: APAC-D-22-00038.
2. S. Singh (2022). “Determination of fundamental coupled torsional—radial frequency of single-walled carbon nanotubes”, Journal of Vibration and Control, Vol. 28(5-6), 677–688. Doi: 10.1177/1077546320981349
3. S. Singh, Z. B. Junaid, V. Vyas, T. Singh Kalyanwat, S. S. Rana (2021). “Identification of vacancy defects in carbon nanotubes using vibration analysis and machine learning”, Carbon Trends, Vol. 5, 100091, ISSN: 2667-0569, pp. 1 - 11. Doi: 10.1016/j.cartre.2021.100091
4. S. Singh, and V. Dutt (2020). “A reduced form for fundamental transverse modal frequency of carbon nanotubes”, Materials Today Communications, Vol. 25, 101404. Doi: 10.1016/j.mtcomm.2020.101404
5. S. Singh, S. Potala, and A. R. Mohanty (2019). “An improved method of detecting engine misfire by sound quality metrics of radiated sound”, Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part D: Journal of Automobile Engineering, Vol. 233, No. 12, 3112–3124. Doi: 10.1177/0954407018818693
6. S. Singh, and A. R. Mohanty (2018). “HVAC noise control using natural materials to improve vehicle interior sound quality”, Applied Acoustics, Vol. 140, 100-109. Doi: 10.1016/j.apacoust.2018.05.013
7. S. Singh, and A. R. Mohanty (2018). “Measurement of boiling liquid levels by decomposition of sound waves in a waveguide”, Applied Acoustics, Vol. 129, 248-257. Doi: 10.1016/j.apacoust.2017.08.005
8. S. Singh, S. R. Payne, J. B. Mackrill, and P. A. Jennings (2015). “Do experiments in the virtual world effectively predict how pedestrians evaluate electric vehicle sounds in the real world?”, Transportation Research Part F: Traffic Psychology and Behavior, Vol. 35, 119-131. Doi: 10.1016/j.trf.2015.10.012
9. S. Singh, S. R. Payne, and P. A. Jennings (2014). “Toward a Methodology for Assessing Electric Vehicle Exterior Sounds”, IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems, Vol. 15, No. 4, 1790-1800. Doi: 10.1109/TITS.2014.2327062
10. S. Singh, and S. Deb (2014). “An intelligent methodology for optimizing machining operation sequence by ant system algorithm”, International Journal of Industrial and Systems Engineering, Vol. 16, No. 4, pp. 451-471. Doi: 10.1504/IJISE.2014.060654
1. S. Singh, and Shikha (2022). “A system and method to localize a sound source and predict its 3 dimensional (3D) spatial coordinates”, Indian Patent No. 202211020183. Publication date: 15/04/2022. Journal No. 15/2022. New Delhi, India: Controller General of Patents, Designs, and Trademarks, Government of India.
1. P. Golakoti and S. Singh (2022). “Design and application of labyrinthine acoustic metamaterial for noise control in home appliances”, 20th ISME Conference on Advances in Mechanical Engineering, IIT Ropar, India, Paper ID: 5500.
2. Shikha and S. Singh (2022). “Complete 3D sound source localization using 6 microphones”, 20th ISME Conference on Advances in Mechanical Engineering, IIT Ropar, India, Paper ID: 9448.
3. P. Kumari, A. Jain, S. Jain, N. Bhansali, P. Gupta, and S. Singh (2022). “Efficient inventory control techniques for healthcare pharmacies”, 20th ISME Conference on Advances in Mechanical Engineering, IIT Ropar, India, Paper ID: 6049.
4. S. Singh, S. Potala, and A. R. Mohanty (2018). “Cylinder misfire detection using engine sound quality metrics and random forest classifier”, 25th International Congress on Sound and Vibration (ICSV25), Hiroshima, Japan, Paper No. 931.
5. S. Singh, and A. R. Mohanty (2017). “Detection of boiling liquid levels by decomposition of acoustic waves measured using a waveguide”, 24th International Congress on Sound and Vibration (ICSV24), London, UK, Paper No. 683.
6. S. Singh, S. Potala, and A. R. Mohanty (2017). “Support vector machine classifier for engine misfire detection using exhaust sound quality”, 24th International Congress on Sound and Vibration (ICSV24), London, UK, Paper No. 1266.
7. S. Singh, S. Potala, S. Fatima, and A. R. Mohanty (2016). “Misfiring Identification of a Petrol Engine using Sound Quality Metrics”, International symposium on Acoustics for Engineering Applications (NSA-2016), Acoustical Society of India, Gurugram, India, Paper No. 70.
8. S. Singh, S. R. Payne, J. B. Mackrill, and P. A. Jennings (2015). “Perceived sound quality of additional alert sounds of an electric vehicle”, INTER-NOISE and NOISE-CON Congress and Conference Proceedings, San Francisco, USA, Vol. 250, No. 3, pp. 3975-3982.
9. S. Singh, S. R. Payne, J. B. Mackrill, and P. A. Jennings (2014). “Evaluation of electric vehicle sounds in a virtual and a real life environment - a comparative study”, Aachen Acoustics Colloquium, Aachen, Germany, 24-26 November, 2014.
10. S. Singh, S. R. Payne, J. B. Mackrill, and P. A. Jennings (2014). “Using virtual environments as a tool to evaluate electric vehicle sounds”, Hybrid and Electric Vehicles Conference (HEVC 2014), 5th IET, London, UK. doi: 10.1049/cp.2014.0948
11. S. Singh, S. R. Payne, and P. A. Jennings (2013). “Detection and emotional evaluation of an electric vehicle's exterior sound in a simulated environment”, INTER-NOISE 2013, Innsbruck, Austria, paper no. 807.