PhD, Superfinishing (Magnetic abrasive finishing)
M.Tech., FE analysis of ECSM
Production Engineering, B.E.
Honurs And Awards
Travelling Wire Electro chemical spark machining (ECSM)
01 Jan 2013 - 09 Feb 2018
Other Supervisors: , Scholar: Navratan Kaushik
FABRICATION AND ANALYSIS OF AN ARTIFICIAL HUMAN HIP JOINT FOR SQUAT POSTURE
01 Jan 2013 - 21 Oct 2018
Other Supervisors: , Scholar: Ankit Saxena
PERFORMANCE STUDY OF TREPANNING TOOL FOR DEEP ANNULAR GROOVING
21 Jul 2014 - 03 Feb 2019
Other Supervisors: , Scholar: Sharad Gaikwad
Performance study and Life prediction models on coating of CSEF steel welds
01 Jan 2014 - 05 Feb 2020
Other Supervisors: Dr. M. M. Mahapatra, Scholar: Jayant G. Thakare
Al 7xxx based Metal Matrix Composites
01 Jan 2015 - 15 May 2020
Other Supervisors: , Scholar: Sujit SV
heat treatment, hydrogen embrittlement and creep strength in P92 steel welds
01 Jan 2015 - 20 Jan 2020
Other Supervisors: Dr. M. M. Mahapatra, Scholar: Nitin Saini
Metal based Rapid Prototyping
01 Jan 2017 - Present
Other Supervisors: , Scholar: Umashankar Tripathi
high strain rate PMC applications
01 Jan 2018 - Present
Other Supervisors: , Scholar: Ankur Chaurasiya
Application of hBN in machining
01 Jan 2018 - Present
Other Supervisors: , Scholar: Ankit Kumar
Machining of ceramics
01 Jan 2019 - Present
Other Supervisors: , Scholar: Rajneesh Raghav
- MI-102, Manufacturing Techniques
MI-232, Manufacturing Technology - II
MI-435 Work System Design
MI-511C, Modeling and Simulation
Book Chapter titled, "Magnetic Abrasive Finishing", in Nonconventional Finishing Technologies by Polish Scientific Publishers (PWN), Poland, page nos.125-140
A) International Journals Papers (Published/Accepted/Comunmicated)
- R.S. Mulik and Vinod Yadava, Thermal stresses during electro-chemical spark machining, Int. J. Manufacturing Technology and Management, Vol. 7, Nos. 2/3/4, 287- 307 (2005).
- R.S. Mulik and P. M. Pandey, Mechanism of surface finishing in ultrasonic assisted magnetic abrasive finishing process, Materials and Manufacturing Processes, 25, 1418-1427 (2010)*.
- R.S. Mulik and P. M. Pandey, Ultrasonic assisted magnetic abrasive finishing of hardened AISI 52100 steel using unbonded SiC abrasives, Int J of Refractory Metals & Hard Materials, 29, 68-77 (2011)*.
- R.S. Mulik and P. M. Pandey, Magnetic abrasive finishing of hardened AISI 52100 steel, Int J of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, 55, 501-515 (2011).
- R.S. Mulik and P. M. Pandey, Experimental Investigations and Optimization of Ultrasonic Assisted Magnetic Abrasive Finishing Process, IMechE- Part B, J. of Engineering Manufacture, 225 (8), 1347-1362 (2011).
- R.S. Mulik, V. Srivastava and P. M. Pandey, Experimental investigations and modeling of temperature distribution in the work-brush interface during ultrasonic assisted magnetic abrasive finishing process, Materials and Manufacturing Processes, 27, 1-9, (2012).
- R.S. Mulik and P. M. Pandey, Experimental investigations and modeling of finishing force and torque in ultrasonic assisted magnetic abrasive finishing, J. of Manufacturing Sci. (ASME), 134, 051008 (2012).
- V. Mishra, H. Goel, R.S. Mulik, and P.M. Pandey, Finite element analysis of magnetic abrasive finishing process to determine work-brush interface temperature, J Manufacturing Processes (SME), 16(2), 248 (2014)
- N Rattan, R S Mulik, Improvement in Material Removal Rate (MRR) Using Magnetic Field in TW-ECSM Process, Materials and Manufacturing Processes,32(1), 101-107 (2017).
- Nav Rattan and Rahul S. Mulik “Experimental investigations and multi-response optimization of magnetic field assisted TW-ECSM process”, Silicon 9(5), 663-673 (2017).
- M. Deepan, Chandan Pandey, N. Saini, M. M. Mahapatra, R. S. Mulik, Estimation of strength and wear properties of Mg/SiC nanocomposite fabricated through FSP route, Journal of the Brazilian Society of Mechanical Sciences and Engineering, 39 (11), 4613–4622 (2017)
- JG Thakare, RS Mulik, MM Mahapatra, Effect of carbon nanotubes and aluminum oxide on the properties of a plasma sprayed thermal barrier coating, Ceramics International 44 (1), 438-451 (2018)
- SV Sujith, MM Mahapatra, RS Mulik, A New Hot Tearing Assessment by Using Stepped Ring Core Mold and the Effect of Strontium on the Hot-Tearing Resistance of Al–6 wt% Zn Based Alloy, doi.org/10.1007/s12666-017-1225-4.
- N Saini, C Pandey, MM Mahapatra, RS Mulik, Evolution of nano-size precipitates during tempering of 9Cr-1Mo-1W-V-Nb steel and their influence on mechanical properties, Materials Science and Engineering: A, 711, 37-43, (2018)
B) International Conferences Papers (Published/communicated)
- V.A. Kamble and R.S. Mulik, Shape Optimization of 'S' Type Load Cell Using Finite Element Method, International Conference on Advances in Mechanical Engineering-2006 (AME 2006),at Baba Banda Singh Bahadur Engineering College, Fatehgarh Sahib, Punjab, India. 1-3 December, 2006.
- R.S. Mulik and P. M. Pandey, Experimental study to determine work-brush interface temperature in magnetic abrasive finishing process, PFAM-19, University of Auckland (NZ), 14-17 January, 2011.
- R.S. Mulik and P. M. Pandey, Experimental investigations into the finishing force and torque in magnetic abrasive finishing process, ASME IMECE, November, 2013.
- R.S. Mulik, Navrattan, Parametric study into magnetic field assisted travelling wire electrochemical spark machining (TW-ECSM) process, 39th MATADOR Conference, Manchester University (U.K.), July, 2017.
C) National Conferences Papers (Published)
- R.S. Mulik, S.A. Pujari and K.P. Joshi, Evaluation of Electrochemical Arc machining (ECAM), National Conference on Computational Methods in Mechanical Engineering (Computime 05) at Osmania University, Hyderabad, India. 16-17 September, 2005.
- R.S. Mulik, V.R. Naik and K.P. Joshi, Use of Advanced Manufacturing Machining in Composites, National Conference on Recent Trends in Manufacturing at K.I.T. Kolhapur (M.S.), India. 6-8 January 2006.
Device for Ultrasonic Assisted Magnetic Abrasive Finishing Process (UAMAF) and process thereof. An Indian patent application has been filed (1200/DEL/2010).