- Eco-hydrological resilience analysis
- Hydrological modeling
- Climate change impact assessment
- Applications of machine learning in water resources
||Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Roorkee
||Pennsylvania State University, USA
||University of Nebraska Lincoln, USA
Graduate Research Trainee
|McGill University, Canada
||Water Resources Engineering
Honors and Awards
|Water Advanced Research Innovation (WARI) Fellowship
||Indo-US Science Technology Forum (IUSSTF)
|Shastri Research Student Fellowship
||Shastri Indo Canadian Institute (SICI)
||Integrated M Tech 1st and 2nd year (Earth Sciences)
|Groundwater Systems Analysis
||M.Tech (Master) and Ph.D. (Hydrology)
Special Lectures/Talks Delivered
- "Climate Change and its Impacts" during one-day Seminar on "Emerging Trends in Civil Engineering" under TEQIP-III organized by Rajkiya Engineering College (REC), Azamgarh.
- “Resilience of Terrestrial Ecosystems to Droughts in India” during 5-day virtual training course on “Water security for resilience to deal with disasters and outbreaks”, Organized by National Institute of Hydrology, Roorkee
- “Assessment of ecosystem resilience to drought conditions in India” during Faculty Development Program, Oriental Institute of Science and Technology, Bhopal
Sponsored National And International Research Projects
|Improving Hydrologic Predictions of Extreme Events using Machine Learning in India (as PI)
||Microsoft AI for Earth (AI4Earth) Grants
||Ecosystem and Hydrological Modeling
Masters (M. Tech) Supervision
Refereed Journal Publications
You can also find the updated list of my papers on my Google Scholar profile.
- Ashutosh Sharma and Manish Kumar Goyal (2020) “Assessment of Drought Trend and Variability in India using Wavelet Transform”, Hydrological Sciences Journal, 65(9), 1539-1554.
- Ashutosh Sharma and Manish Kumar Goyal (2019) “Assessment of the Changes in Precipitation and Temperature in Teesta River Basin in Indian Himalayan Region under Climate Change”, Atmospheric Research, 231, 104670.
- Srinidhi Jha, Jew Das, Ashutosh Sharma, Budhaditya Hazra and Manish Kumar Goyal (2019) “Probabilistic evaluation of vegetation drought likelihood and its implications to resilience across India”, Global and Planetary Change, 176, 23-35.
- Manas Khan, Ashutosh Sharma and Manish Kumar Goyal (2019) “Assessment of future water provisioning and sediment load under climate and LULC change scenarios in a peninsular river basin, India”, Hydrological Sciences Journal, 64(4), 405-419.
- Ashutosh Sharma and Manish Kumar Goyal (2018) “District-level assessment of the ecohydrological resilience to hydroclimatic disturbances and its controlling factors in India”, Journal of Hydrology, 564, 1048–1057.
- Ashutosh Sharma and Manish Kumar Goyal (2018) “Assessment of ecosystem resilience to hydroclimatic disturbances in India”, Global Change Biology, 24(2), e432–e441.
- Jhilam Sinha, Ashutosh Sharma, Manas Khan, and Manish Kumar Goyal (2018) “Assessment of the impacts of climatic variability and anthropogenic stress on hydrologic resilience to warming shifts in Peninsular India”, Scientific Reports, 8(1), 1383.
- Manish Kumar Goyal, Venkatesh Panchariya, Ashutosh Sharma, and Vishal Singh (2018) “Comparative assessment of SWAT model performance in two distinct catchments under various DEM scenarios of varying resolution, sources and resampling methods”, Water Resources Management, 32(2), 805–825.
- Manish Kumar Goyal, Ashutosh Sharma, Konstantinos Katsifarakis (2017) “Prediction of flow rate of Karstic springs using Support Vector Machines”, Hydrological Sciences Journal, 62(13), 2175-2186.
- Vishal Singh, Ashutosh Sharma and Manish Kumar Goyal (2017) “Projection of hydro-climatological changes over eastern Himalayan catchment by the evaluation of RegCM4 RCM and CMIP5 GCM models”, Hydrology Research, 50(1), 117-137.
- Manish Kumar Goyal and Ashutosh Sharma (2016) “A Fuzzy c-Means approach regionalization for analysis of meteorological drought homogeneous regions in Western India”, Natural Hazards, 84: 1831:1847.
- Manish Kumar Goyal, Ashutosh Sharma, and Rao Y. Surampalli (2020) ”Remote Sensing and GIS Applications in Sustainability”, Chapter 28 in Sustainability : Fundamentals and Applications. Edited by : R. Y. Surampalli, T. C. Zhang, M. K. Goyal, S. K. Brar and R. D. Tyagi.
- Ashutosh Sharma, Manish Kumar Goyal and Deepak Jhajharia (2017) “Application of machine learning techniques in drought forecast”, Chapter 20 in Sustainable Holistic Water Resources Management in a Changing Climate, Pages 351-365, M/S Jain Brothers, New Delhi, Edited by : K. S. Raju and A. Vasan
- Manish Kumar Goyal and Ashutosh Sharma (2017) “Regionalization of drought prediction”, Chapter 15 in Handbook of Drought and Water Scarcity : Principles of Drought and Water Scarcity. Vol. 1, 253–278, Taylor and Francis, Edited by S. Eslamian and F. A. Eslamian.
- Ashutosh Sharma, Manish Kumar Goyal and Arup Kumar Sarma (2018) “Comparative assessment of ecosystem resilience to droughts in two large scale river basins in India”, AGU Fall Meeting 2018, Session: H51K: Drought: Dynamics, Impacts, Resilience, and Mitigation I Posters, Washington DC, US. 10-14 Dec 2018.
- Ashutosh Sharma, Manish Kumar Goyal and Arup Kumar Sarma (2018) “Remote sensing-based assessment of terrestrial ecosystem resilience to droughts in India”. Midwest Big Data Hub Digital Agriculture All Hands meeting, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, 21 September 2018.
- Manish Kumar Goyal and Ashutosh Sharma (2017) “Wavelet transform based trend analysis for drought variability over 566 stations in India”. 10th World Congress on Water Resources and Environment (Panta Rhei), European Water Resources Association (EWRA), Athens, Greece, 5-9 July 2017.
- Ashutosh Sharma, Manas Khan, and Manish Kumar Goyal (2017) “Assessment of the impact of changes in climate and land use / land cover on ecosystem services of a river watershed in Peninsular India”. In: Book of Abstracts of the Sixth International Conference on Environmental Management, Engineering, Planning & Economics (CEMEPE). Thessaloniki, Greece, 159. Edited by: A. Kungolos, C. Laspidou, K. Aravossis, P. Samaras, K.W. Schramm, and G. Marnellos.
- Francisco Munoz-Arriola, Ashutosh Sharma, Katherine Werner, Juan-Carlos Chacon, Gerald Corzo, Manish-Kumar Goyal (2017) “Hydrocentric view of agro-ecosystem resiliency to extreme hydrometeorological and climate events in the High Plains, US”. In EGU General Assembly Conference Abstracts, Vol. 19, Pages 11865. 2017.
- Manish Kumar Goyal and Ashutosh Sharma (2017) “Assessment of the ecosystem resilience in an urbanized river basin in India”. ASCE India Conference 2017 on Urbanization Challenges in Emerging Economies: Moving Towards Resilient Sustainable Cities and Infrastructure, 12-14 Dec 2017.
- Ashutosh Sharma and Manish Kumar Goyal (2016) “Modelling rainfall prediction using Bayesian approach with interstation dependencies.” In the proceedings of Sixth IEEE International Conference on Communication Systems and Network Technologies (CSNT), Chandigarh.
- Ashutosh Sharma and Manish Kumar Goyal (2015) “Bayesian network model for monthly rainfall forecast.” In the proceedings of 2015 IEEE International Conference on Research in Computational Intelligence and Communication Networks (ICRCICN), Kolkata, India, 241–246. IEEE.
More details and contact information
Further details about my research can be found on https://ashutosh-hydro.github.io/
Contact information is below, including email and various web services for more details about my work.
If you are looking for an M Tech or Ph.D. position in my research area, please email your CV to email@example.com