Ganesh Kumbhar Assistant Professor gkumbfee[at]iitr.ac.in 01332-28-4752 Website
Areas of Interest
- Distributed Generation Planning and Analysis, Distributed generation planning
- Smart Grid Technologies and Applications, Smart Grid Technologies and Applications
- Power and Distribution Transformers, Modeling and simulation, design and analysis
- Finite Element Analysis of Power Apparatus, Finite Element Analysis of electrical machines and transformers
- Electromagnetics and Coupled Field Analysis, Applications of coupled field formulations for analysis electrical machines
|2011||On Going||Assistant Professor||Indian Institute of Technology-Roorkee, Uttarakhand, India|
|2010||2011||Deputy Manager||Global R&D Center, Crompton Greaves Ltd. Mumbai.|
|2009||2010||Assistant Professor||VJTI, Mumbai|
|2008||2009||Post-Doctoral Research Scholar||Tennessee Tech University, TN, USA|
|2007||2008||Assistant Consultant||Tata Consultancy Services, Ltd. Mumbai|
|2006||2007||Senior Engineer||Eaton Industries Pvt. Ltd. Pune.|
Honors and Awards
|Dr. Ing. Dieter Kind Prize for being the student with the best project in area of Power and High Vol||IIT-Madras||2002|
|IEEMA Best Paper Award at TRAFOTECH-2006||IEEMA||2006|
|M.Tech.||Electrical Engineering (Power Systems and Instrumentation)||IIT-Madras||2002|
|Ph.D.||Electrical Engineering (Power Electronics and Power System)||IIT-Bombay||2007|
Refereed Journal Papers
- G. B. Kumbhar, S. V. Kulkarni, and V. S. Joshi, “Analysis of half-turn effect in power transformers using nonlinear-transient FE formulation,” IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery, vol. 22, no. 1, pp. 195-200, Jan. 2007.
- G. B. Kumbhar and S.V. Kulkarni, “Analysis of short circuit performance of split-winding transformer using coupled field-circuit approach,” IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery, vol. 22, no. 2, pp. 936-943, Apr. 2007.
- G. B. Kumbhar and Satish M. Mahajan, “Reduction of loss and local overheating in the tank of a current transformer,” IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery, vol. 25, no. 4, pp. 2519–2525, Oct. 2010.
- Mithun Mondal, G.B. Kumbhar, S. V. Kulkarni, Localization of Partial Discharges inside a Transformer Winding Using a Ladder Network Constructed From Terminal Measurements, IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery, Accepted for Publication (DOI: 10.1109/TPWRD.2017.2683560).
- Mithun Mondal and G.B. Kumbhar, “A technique based on an Archimedean copula for the localization of partial discharge in a transformer winding,” IEEE Transactions on Dielectrics and Electrical Insulation, vol. 23, issue 5, pp. 2908–2916, Oct. 2016.
- G. B. Kumbhar and Satish M. Mahajan, “Analysis of Short Circuit and Inrush Transients in a Current Transformer using a Field-Circuit Coupled FE Formulation,” International Journal of Electrical Power and Energy Systems (IJEPES), vol. 33, no. 8, pp.1361-1367, Oct. 2011.
- G. B. Kumbhar, S.V. Kulkarni, R. Escarela-Perez, and E. Campero-Littlewood, “Applications of coupled field formulations to electrical machinery,” The International Journal for Computation and Mathematics in Electrical and Electronic Engineering (COMPEL), vol. 26, no. 2, pp. 489-523, 2007.
- G. B. Kumbhar and Satish M. Mahajan, “Detection of saturation, and reconstruction of the secondary current of a CT,” International Journal of Emerging Electric Power Systems (IJEPES), vol. 11, no. 1, 2010.
- R. S. Bhide, G. B. Kumbhar, S. V. Kulkarni, and J. P. Koria, “Coupled circuit-field formulation for analysis of parallel operation of converters with interphase transformer,” Electric Power Systems Research (EPSR), vol. 78, no. 1, pp. 158-164, Jan. 2008.
- Sandeep Kaur, G. B. Kumbhar, and Jaydev Sharma, “A MINLP Technique for optimal placement of Multiple DG units in Distribution systems,” International Journal of Electrical Power and Energy Systems (IJEPES), vol. 63, pp. 609–617, Dec. 2014.
- Sandeep Kaur and G. B. Kumbhar, “Incentive driven distributed generation planning with renewable energy resources,” Advances in Electrical and Computer Engineering, vol. 14, no. 4, pp. 21-28, 2014.
- M. Nabi, S. V. Kulkarni, A. K. Gupta, and G. B. Kumbhar, “An improved finite element computational scheme for transient field-circuit coupled systems,” International Journal of Computational Methods in Engineering Science and Mechanics, vol. 7, no. 4, pp. 313-322, Jul.-Aug. 2006.
- Mithun Mondal and G.B. Kumbhar, “Partial discharge localization in a power transformer: methods, trends, and future research,” IETE Technical Review (Taylor & Francis), DOI:10.1080/02564602.2016.1209436, Aug 2016,.
- Mithun Mondal and G.B. Kumbhar, “Detection, measurement, and classification of partial discharge in a power transformer: methods, trends and future research,” IETE Technical Review (Taylor & Francis), doi: 10.1080/02564602.2017.1335244, June 2017.
- Sartaj Alam, G. B. Kumbhar and Naveen Singh, "Effect of Source Voltage and Core Losses on Ferro-Resonance in Transformer," International Journal of Engineering Research & Technology, Vol. 3, No. 6, June-2014.