Workshop on Computer Vision and Image Processing
After receiving a very good response and much appreciation for the two consecutive CVIP conferences, the Department of Computer Science and Engineering and Electronics & ICT Academy at Indian Institute of Technology-Roorkee, India are motivated to organize a workshop on similar grounds. The CVIP conferences were held in 2016 and 2017 . They aimed not only at providing a platform for young scholars and researchers to discuss their work but also to learn from various notable dignitaries in the area of Computer Vision and Image Processing. The major areas of focus were Image/Video Processing and Analysis, Image Coding and Transmission, Image/Video Storage, Retrieval and Authentication, Document Image Analysis, Visual Multimedia, etc. The major areas covered by the Electronics & ICT Academy are Pattern Recognition, Image Processing, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence and Deep Learning.
However, as a conference is more inclined towards presenting and discussing one's work, a workshop is being organized during October 14-24, 2020 at IIT Roorkee, Roorkee, Uttarakhand, India. This workshop aims at explaining the basic concepts and touching upon all the current key research areas in the domain of Computer Vision and Image Processing so that researchers from academia as well as industry, faculty and students get the idea of the current problems being explored in the field and the ways to tackle them.
The plenary and technical talks will revolve around the following topics.
- Machine Learning in Image/Video Analysis
- Document Image Analysis
- Image/Video Processing and Analysis
- Image/Video Formation and Display
- Image/Video Filtering, Restoration, Enhancement and Super-resolution
- Computational Photography and Videography
- Biomedical Image Analysis
- Artificial Intelligence and Deep Learning Analysis
- Dr. R. Balasubramanian (balarfma[at]iitr[dot]ac[dot]in)
- Dr. Partha Pratim Roy (proy.fcs[at]iitr[dot]ac[dot]in)
- Dr. Sanjeev Manhas (eict[at]iitr[dot]ac[dot]in)
Conference Code: EICTIITR-Online-27
Faculty members and students from academic Institutions (Technical Institutes/Universities) and Industry/Research organizations involved in image processing, computer vision and pattern recognition.
The participation fees for taking the course is as follows:
- Participants from India: Rs. 2000
- Participants from abroad: US $100
Last date of registration: 05/10/2020
- The payments can be made through online transaction or demand draft.
- The required details for the payment are available in the form itself.
- Amount once paid is not refundable.
Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee
Roorkee - 247667