1. Candidates will only be accommodated for the minimum period required for them to attend all the interviews / written tests that they are called for. They may plan their arrival at IIT Roorkee ONE DAY prior to the date of written test/interview and their departure ON THE SAME DAY of interview or ONE DAY after the interview.
2. Accommodation is shared, furnished hostel rooms will be provided to candidates, subject to availability.
3. We will NOT accommodate any accompanying person for male candidates. Amount paid for accompanying persons by male candidates cannot be refunded.
4. One accompanying person per female/ PWD candidate can be accommodated.
5. Accommodation will be available only to those who book it prior to arrival. On the spot booking is not available.
6. The portal will be disabled in between the mentioned dates if the number of applications for accommodation exceeds the limit of IIT Roorkee.
7. Candidates who want to avail of hostel accommodation during the written test and/or interview should do the following:
• Pay the NON-REFUNDABLE room rent as per approved norms below (24 hours of stay or part thereof), for the required number of days to the following Account.
|•Single seater common WC Rs. 150 per day|
|•Two seater common WC Rs. 300 per day|
8. We will neither be able to accommodate requests made after 4 November, 2019 nor will be able to refund rent paid, if any, after this date.
9. You will receive the final confirmation e-mail message before 2 days of arrival for Ph.D. interviews. Please carry a printed copy of this message when you come to IITR.
10. You may transfer the amount online by using the following link:
• CLICK HERE
• Accept terms & condition • Select : Accommodation fee for Ph.D. Admission. • After fee deposit , please take the print out of receipt generated.
11. Please plan to reach the institute between 9.00 AM to 6.00 PM. Bhawan staff will not be available beyond thesehours. After 6.00 pm key will be available with security guard.
12. Upon arrival in IIT Roorkee, Please proceed to the Bhawan allotted to you, and meet the Bhawan Caretaker or his representative there. If you come by taxi or an auto rickshaw, then disembark only when you reach the respective Bhawan. The Bhawans are almost 1 to 1.5 km from the maingate.
13. We regret that we cannot entertain requests for refund of rent paid for the incomplete/incorrect/duplicate applications or candidates who pay the charges extra, inadvertently OR pays the charges but do not appear for the interview.
14. Refund will be made only in those cases where the student has deposited the online fee but Institute is not able to provide accommodation due to non-availability.
15. In case of any further query, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject “Bhawan Accommodation during Written Test/Interview for Spring Semester (2019-2020)” OR call 01332- 285246, 285092.