S.K. Ghosh Professor scangfce[at]iitr.ac.in +91 - 1332 - 285463
|2016||Present||Professor (HAG)||Civil Engg IIT Roorkee|
|2001||2007||Associate Professor||IIT Roorkee|
|1996||2001||Assistant Professor||IIT Roorkee|
|1983||1996||Lecturer||University of Roorkee|
|1982||1983||Teaching Assistant||University of Roorkee|
Honors and Awards
|Thomson Gold medal||University of Roorkee||1980|
|Commonwealth Scholarship for higher studies leading to a Ph.D||British Council||1988-1991|
|Vijay Shree Award||India International Friendship Society, New Delhi|
|Glory of India Gold Medal||International Institute for Success Awareness, New Delhi|
|Indira Gandhi Shiromani Award for Excellence in research and teaching||IIFS, New Delhi|
|Ph.D||Civil Engineering||University of Strathclyde Glasgow UK||1991|
|M.E. Civil||Geomatics Engg||University of Roorkee Roorkee India||1982|
|B.E Civil||Civil Engineering||University of Roorkee Roorkee India||1980|
|Jan 1,2012||May 31, 20||Chief Advisor||Students Club|
|2007||2009||Hononary Secretary||Faculty Forum|
|2008||2009||Honanary Secretary,||All India IIT Faculty Forum|
|2006||2006||Chief Warden||Jawahar Bhawan|
|2008||2009||Honanary Secretary||All India IITR Faculty Forum|
|2012||2014||Convener||Time Table Committee|
Sponsored Research Projects
|Extraction of thematic layers for the state of UP, Haryana, Uttaranchal, and UT of Chandigarh using||NIC, New Delhi||2007|
|Development of Building attributes using high resolution remote sensing data set||RMSI, India||2006|
|Develpt. of a critical Infrastructure Information System in a GIS Envt. for maintenance of bridges||Dept. of Science & Technology||2006|
|Road profile correction for road no 102, 108, 109 in NCR||CPWD, New Delhi||2006|
|Hydrological & Topographical Survey of Taj Expressway (90-165km)||J.P.I.L. New Delhi||2006|
|Extraction of thematic layer for Greater Noida.||Greater Noida Authority||2006|
|Extraction of thematic layers for the state of UP, Haryana, Uttaranchal, and UT of Chandigarh||NIC, New Delhi||2006|
|Profile correction on Lok Nayak Setu and ITO setu||CPWD, New Delhi||2006|
|Profile correction on Nizamuddin bridge on NH 24||CPWD, New Delhi||2006|
|Profile correction for road along Ghazipur drain||CPWD, New Delhi||2006|
|Hydrological & Topographical Survey of Taj Expressway (47-90km)||J.P.I.L. New Delhi||2005|
|Development of semi-automated procedures for city map updation using high resolution CARTOSAT data||ISRO, Bangalore||2004|
|Remote Sensing aided idealisation of space – time variant behaviour of channel geometry of River Bra||Min. of Water Resources||2000|
|Drainage Analysis of tea garden areas affected by waterlogging||U.P. Govt||1999|
|Spatio – temporal analysis of River Kosi using satellite data||AICTE||1999|
|Hydraulic Analysis of River Kosi using Remote Sensing Data.||U.P Govt||1996|
|Eco Regeneration of Pushkar Lake||Min.of Forest & Env||1985|
- Indian Society of Remote Sensing, Life Member
- International Association of Hydrological Sciences, Life Member
- Indian National Cartographic Association, Life Member
- Indian InSAR Group, Life Member
- Indian Society for Geomatics, Life Member
- Institute of Urban Transport, LIfe Member
- Indian Society for Construction material and Structures, LIfe Member
- Indian Institution of Engineers (India)., Fellow
- Journal of Hydrology, Indian Association of Hydrologist, Reviewer
- Italian Journal of Remote Sensing, . Reviewer
- GeoCarto International Journal, Reviewer
|Title||Course Code||Class Name||Semester|
|Geomatics Engineering||CE-321||B.Tech III yr||Autumn|
|GIS and its applications||Ce-631||M.Tech||Spring|
|Geomatics Engg||CE-321||B.Tech III yr||Autumn|
|Remote sensing for Land Cover & Land use||CE-636||M.Tech Civil I yr||Spring|
|Land cover & Land Use using Remote sensing||CE-613||M.Tech (Geomatics) I year||Spring|
|GIS||CEN-614||M.Tech Civil I yr||Spring|
Projects and Thesis Supervised
|Title of Project||Names of Students|
|Eco-Regeneration – A case study for Pushkar Valley.||Onkar Dikshit|
|Study of planform changes in a selected reach of an alluvial river using remote sensing data||Ashok Kumar|
|A study on the feasibility of selection of training data for image analysis||Ajay Mathur|
|A study on various change detection techniques using digital remote sensing data||G.Tata Rao|
|Detection of linear features using various filters on satellite images||Vijay Veer|
|Extraction of some of the basin characteristics using digital elevation model||Vinay Yadav|
|A comparative study of some of the vegetation indices including Tasselled Cap Transformation||Sandeep|
|Morphological study in a reach of River Ganga using satellite data||Lt.Col.A.K.Kher|
|A study of various feature selection techniques in digital remote sensing analysis.||D.K.Jha|
|Integration of ANNIE into a hydrological model||S.K.Balabantray|
|Morphological analysis for identification of river training sites in a stretch of river Ganga using||Mohd. Arshad|
|Hydromorphological study of the river Kosi in a selected reach using extremal hypothesis and satelli||K. K. Misra|
|Delineation of stream network using DEM||M.Sravan Kumar|
|A knowledge based system for classification of obstacles in war planning||D.K. Tolikar|
|A study of river morphological analysis of Brahmaputra Rive from Dibrugarh to Majuli Island||U.P.Gupta|
|Case study of drainage problem for a plantation area using GIS techniques||K. Vamsi Krishna Naidu|
|Geomorphological analysis of an alluvial river using GIS||S. Mohana Mani Kumar|
|Study of waterlogging within a flood plain area using remote sensing data||V.S. Jauhari|
|Application of Remote Sensing and GIS for Oil Exploration – A case study from Cauvery basin||Atul Kant Piyoosh|
|A study of river change patern using Remote Sensing||B. Ramana Rao|
|Artificial Nueral Network (ANN) based spetio temporal studies for a typical reach of Brahmaputr||T.S. Patil|
|Development of a knowledge based system for military use||Rajat Baijal|
|Modeling of river morphology using remote sensing techniques||Gopi Madana|
|Improvement of supervised classification accuracy using synthetically generated images derived from||P. Subash Babu|
|Spatio-temporal morphological analysis using satellite data for a reach of river brahmaputra||M.K.Singh|
|Channel changes of an alluvial river using remote sensing inputs in a GIS environment.||J.N.Singh|
|Determination of topographic elevations using SAR Interferometry and GPS data.||V.V.Poorna Chandra Rao|
|Geocoding of SAR Data and its Accuracy||Ritesh Agarwal|
|Haridwar Tourist Information System||Anurag Ohri|
|Accuracy assessment of remotely sensed derived thematic maps||Mohd. Ala Shalan|
|Comparison of classifier in various image processing software||Ch. Mahendra reddy|
|Simulation of surface deformation of SAR interferommetry||P. Navi Kanth|
|Evaluation of irrigation performance parameters using RS & GIS||Ms. U. Sirisha|
|GIS for site suitability in urban planning||Vipin Soni|
|Raod accident analysis for Dehradun city within GIS Env.||Jay Kumar Uraon|
|GIS based feasibility study for airship travel in a part of Uttaranchal State||D. Ravi Kumar|
|Tourism GIS for Uttaranchal State||Venkateswarlu K.|
|GIS based analysis for identification of water logged area – a case study of Tawa project.||Yance Pabisa|
|Assessment of Quality of DEM generated from topographical maps and GPS data||Buddhi Sagar Singh|
|A comparative study of some supervised neural network algorithms for image classification||Vamsee Krishna K|
|GIS based Modeling for Rural Infrastructural Planning||Polamreddi Sreenu|
|Development of world wide GIS based earthquake information system||Jaganniwas|
|A study of irrigation water management practices using remote sensing and GIS||Tansukh Khatri|
|Micro Seismic Zonation of NCR region||Subramania, A.M.|
|GIS application for identification of accident black spots for two highways||M. Chakravarthy|
|Block level Transport network planning and management using GIS||Deviprasad Mohapatra|
|Object identification using texture based classification||Siddhartha Khare|
|GRACE data based analysis of recent mass variation in Himalaya and Ganga plains||Prateek Verma|
|Assessment of some crop yield models using geomatics tools||Vishal Sharma|
|GIS based medical facility planning in rural areas||Avinash Kumar|
|Comparison of accuracy assessment for soft classification techniques||Kishore Kumar|
|SWAT model based hydrological analysis with GIS based Technique||Ravi Kumar Singh|
|Development of a 3 D information system of an area using Geomatics tools||Sandip De|
|A comparative assessment of some unsupervised classification algorithms||Nikhil Saxena|
|3D Modelling of ESTP Cachan, France by 3D scanner for the assessment of thermal effects||Mudit Kapoor|
|Analysis of satellite derived maps and hydrological data for identification of navigation problems i||Hari Prasad Ishar|
Research Scholar Groups
|Priyadarshi Upadhyay||Remote Sensing (Soft-classification Algorithms, Sub-pixel Classification), GIS, GPS,|
|Rakesh Dwivedi||Sub pixel classification, Soft classification Algorithms, Remote Sensing|
|Siddhartha Khare||Remote Sensing (Object Based Image Analysis, Biodiversity Assessment), GIS, GPS, Image Processing|
|Prateek Verma||Remote Sensing and Application (Climate Change Impact), Grace, GIS,GPS, Digital Image Processing|
|Upendra Singh||Image Processing (MATLAB), Remote Sensing|
|Abhishek Bhatt||Object-Based Image analysis, Image Processing (Image Fusion)|
|Virendra Yadav||Fuzzy based Image Analysis, Remote Sensing, GIS|
|Atul Kant Piyoosh||Remote Sensing, GIS, Climate Change|
|Nitin Gavankar||Image Processing|
|Rashmi Saini||Soft classification|
|Kapil Pandey||Image Processing, forest fire detection|
|Topic||Scholar Name||Status of PHD||Registration Year|
|Mapping of Tea gardens from satellite images - A fuzzy knowledge based image interpretation||J. K. Ghosh||A||1994-1996|
|Rainfall – Runoff modelling using digital elevation model and remote sensing data||A. K. Nigam||A||1993-1997|
|Evaluation of soft classifiers for remote sensing data||Mohd. Abd El-Aziz Ibrahim Abd El-Aziz||A||2001-2004|
|Evaluation of spectral biophysical parameters for a few agricultural crops.||N.Rama Rao||A||2006|
|Drought assessment using remote sensing and GIS TECHNIQUES||Shiva Prakash||A||2002-2006|
|Investigation in sub-pixel classification approaches for landuse nd land cover mapping||Anil Kumar||A||2004-2007|
|GIS based planning Model for Rural Infrastructure Development.||Mili Ghosh||A||2003-2008|
|Assessment of waterlogging in a canal command area using remote sensing||Sirisha Uppaluri||A||2003|
|Distributed Modelling of Runoff and Sediment Yield Based on Geospatial Techniques||RAAJ. RAMSANKARAN||A||2005-2010|
|Distributed Conjunctive use Modelling using Remote sensing and GIS||Bhaskar Ramachandra Nikam||A||2005-2011|
|Earthquake damage identification using geomatics tools||Sandeep Singh Sengar||A||2009-2013|
|Time series analysis of satellite data for single Land Cover Identification||Priyadarshi Upadhyay||A||2009-2014|
|Fuzzy hybrid approaches for soft classification of satellite images||Rakesh Dwivedi||A||2010|
|Urban Road Information and Management System (RIMS) using Geospatial Tools||Sandeep Gupta||A||2008|
|Study of Image Fusion Techniques for Multisensor Satellite data sets||Upendra Singh||A||2011|
|Object-based change detection for urban growth using Geospatial techniques||Abhishek Kumar Bhatt||A||2012|
|Impact of Landuse on Climatic change using geomatics tools.||Atul Kant Piyoosh||O||2013|
|Development of disaster action plans using Geospatial tools||Veerendra Yadav||O||2013|
|Study on Biodiversity changes using geomatics tools||Siddarth Khare||O||2013|
|Study the movement on glaciers using remote sensing data||Prateek Verma||O||2013|
|study on spatial filtering on high resolution data||Nitin Gavankar||O||2014|
|Urban Mapping using Landsat data||Vijendra Singh Brahme||O||2014|
|Investigation in soft classification||Rashmi Saini||O||2016|
|Detection and mapping of forest fires using geomatics tools||Kapil Pandey||O||2016|
Visits to outside institutions
|Institute Visited||Purpose of Visit||Date|
|Institute of Geography, Hanoi, Vietnam||Completion of Indo-Vietnam (DST-MOST) collaborative project from March16-29, 2014||16-30/3/14|
|Deptt of Geography, HUS, Hanoi||Indo-Vietnam (DSt-MOST) bi-lateral project on "Institutional Capacity reinforcement of Hanoi University of Science,in education and research in remote sensing and GIS applied to monitoring and management of natural resources" from May 26-June 17, 2010.||26/5-17/6|
|Institute of Geography, VAST, Hanoi||Indo-Vietnam (DST-MOST) bi-lateral project on "Development of geo-informatic techniques for defining sensitive and vulnerable drought areas under impact of global climatic change in Southern Central of Veitnam ( Case study in Ninh Thuan Province)" from 17-30, June, 2012|
|Deptt of Land Records||Project proposal presentation Department of Land Records, Govt of Laos.||17-25/6/10|
|Department of Geography, Hanoi University of Science, Hanoi||Special Lecture at Department of Geography, Hanoi University of Science, Hanoi on Geospatial application for earthquake damage identification.||25/3/2014|
|Portugal Convention Centre||Paper presentation in 15th World Conference in Earthquake Engg at Lisbon Portugal from Sept 24-28, 2012||24/9/2012|
|Chaing Mai Convention Centre||Paper presentation in the 4th GRID, Chang Mai Thailand from Oct 19-21, 2010||19/10/2010|
|Indian Institute of Remote Sensing, Dehradun.||Expert lecture on Advances trends in image classification||21/01/2008|
|IIT Delhi||DST Expert Committee on Bio Geo data base for Himalayan Ecology||21/07/2008|
|VNIT, Surat||NBA-AICTE Accreditation Visit||26/09/2008|
|Anna University, Chennai||NBA-AICTE Accreditation Visit||24/10/2008|
|NDRI, Karnal||Expert, DST Project Assessment Committee||11/11/2008|
|Biju Patnaik Tech. University, Bhubaneshwar||Selection Committee||16/12/2008|
|IIT Delhi||DST Expert Committee on Bio Geo data base for Himalayan Ecology||22/12/2008|
|Ghousia College of Engineering, Ramanagaram, Karnataka||NBA-AICTE Accreditation Visit||18/05/2007|
|Maharastra Institute of Technology, Pune||NBA-AICTE Accreditation Visit||11/06/2007|
|Govt. College of Engg, Belgaum||NBA-AICTE Accreditation Visit||13/07/2007|
|Biju Patnaik Technical University, Bhubhaneshwar||Selection Committee||25/07/2007|
|Harcourt Bulter Technical Institute, Kanpur||NBA-AICTE Accreditation Visit||29/09/2007|
|Indian Institute of Remote Sensing, Dehradun||Expert lecture on Digital Terrain modelling||18/10/2007|
|National Institute of Technology, Hamirpur||NBA-AICTE Accreditation Visit||26/10/2007|
|Govt. College of Engg, Aurangabad||NBA-AICTE Accreditation Visit||28/12/2007|
|University College of Engineering, Burla, Distt Sambalpur||NBA-AICTE Accreditation Visit||28/04/2006|
|Jawahar Lal Nehru National College of Engineering, Shimoga||NBA-AICTE Accreditation Visit||26/05/2006|
|Indian Institute of Remote Sensing, Dehradun||To deliver expert Lecture||15/10/2005|
|Indian Institute of Remote Sensing, Dehradun.||To deliver expert Lecture||04/12/2005|
|Adhiyamaan College of Engineering, Dr.M.G.R.Nagar, Hosur, Krishnagiri District, Tamil Nadu||NBA visit to Adhiyamaan College of Engineering, Dr.M.G.R.Nagar, Hosur, Krishnagiri District, Tamil Nadu from Sept 12-14, 2014||12-14 Sept|
|NIT Warangal||NBA visit to NIT Warangal Oct 10-12, 2014||10/10/14|
|College of Engineering, Pune||NBA Visit||April 3 -5|
|B.S. Abdur Rehman University, Chennai||NBA visit||24-26/4/15|
|IIRS, Dehradun||As examiner for Digital Image Processing Subject||9/12/2015|
|IIRS, Dehradun||As thesis examiner||March 2015|
Special Lectures Delivered
|DTM – Principles and Basics ( 1½ Hrs)||IIRS Dehradun||October 15|
|DTM – Modelling and Application ( 1½ Hrs)||IIRS Dehradun||October 15|
Remote sensing and Geographical Information System published by Narosa (2006)
Digital Image Processing by Narosa Publishing House, New Delhi (2012)
Refereed Journal Papers
- Nigam, A.K., P.K.Garg and S.K.Ghosh, (1995), Utility of IRS LISS II data for the extraction of Basin Characteristics, Indian Surveyor, July 1995. Pg 1-11.
- Veer, V., S.K.Ghosh & P.K.Garg, (1997), Use of satellite data for the delineation of road network of a part of New Delhi, Indian Road Congress, Dec 1997. *
- Arora, M. and S.K.Ghosh, (1998), Classification Accuracy indices: their definitions, comparison and a brief review. Asia Pacific Journal of Remote Sensing, Dec 1998.
- Ghosh J.K., S.K.Ghosh, P.N.Godbole, (2002), Automated Interpretation of sub-pixel water cover from satellite data, Journal of the Indian Society of Remote Sensing, Vol 30, No 1. & 2. March & June 2002, pp 53 – 60.
- Ghosh J.K., S.K.Ghosh, P.N.Godbole, (2002), An evaluation of fuzzy classifications from IRS 1C LISS III data, International Journal of Remote Sensing. Vol 24, No. 15, pp 3179-3186*
- Baijal, R., S.K.Ghosh, M.Arora, (2003), A GIS assisted knowledge-based Approach for military operations, GIS Development. Sep 2003, Vol 7. No. 9 pp 31-34.
- Ghosh, S.K., (2002), A study of river behavioural pattern changes using remote sensing data, Hydrology Journal of IAH. Vol25, No.4, Dec2002, pp 71-80.
- Uraon, A., S.K. Ghosh and M. Parida, (2004)Traffic Accident Analysis for Dehradun City using GIS, ITPI Journal, Vol1, No.3, pp40-54 July 2004.
- Estimating and accommodating uncertainty through soft classification of Remote sensing data, International Journal of Remote Sensing, Vol 26, No.14, July 2005, 2995-3007. *
- Sirisha, U., S.K.Ghosh and O.P. Dubey, (2006), Evaluation of Irrigation performance parameters using remote Sensing and GIS, Journal of Hydrology. Vol 29, No.1-2,pp 77-96 *
- Rama Rao, N. P.K.Garg, S.K.Ghosh Estimation and comparison of Leaf Area Index of agricultural crops using LISS – III and EO – 1 Hyperion images, Journal of Indian Society of Remote Sensing, Vol 34, No. 1, 2006.
- Rama Rao, N. P.K.Garg, S.K.Ghosh The effect of radiometric resolution on the retrieval of leaf area index from agricultural crops, GIScience & Remote Sensing, Vol 43 (2007), No. 4, pg 1-11.
- Rama Rao, N. P.K.Garg, S.K.Ghosh, (2007), Evaluation of radiometric resolution on land use/land cover mapping in an agricultural area, International Journal of Remote Sensing, Vol; 28:pp 443-450. DOI: 10.1080/01431160600733181
- N. Rama Rao, Garg, P.K., S.K.Ghosh, (2007) Estimation of plant chlorophyll and nitrogen concentration of agricultural crops using EO-1 Hyperion hyperspectral imagery, Journal of Agricultural Science, 146, pg 1-11.
- Rama Rao, N. P.K.Garg, S.K.Ghosh, (2007) Potential use of Hyperspectral imagery to eliminate saturation effect of NDVI at high canopy density for agriculture crops, International Journal of Applied Remote Sensing, Vol 1, No 1, pg 10-21. 2007
- Rama Rao, N. P.K.Garg, S.K.Ghosh (2007), Remote sensing based estimation of cotton canopy cover using linear mixture modeling approach, International Journal of Applied Remote Sensing, Vol 1, No 1, pg 63-71. 2007*
- Kumar, A., S.K.Ghosh and Dhadhwal, V.K. (2007), Subpixel classifier: fuzzy theory versus statistical learning algorithm, Journal of Applied Remote Sensing, Vol. 1, 013517, (2007). *
- Kumar A., Ghosh S. K. and Dadhwal V. K., 2007, Full fuzzy land cover mapping using remote sensing data based on fuzzy c-means density estimation. Canadian Journal of Remote Sensing. Volume 33, Number 2, April 2007, E-ISSN 1712-7971.
- N.Rama Rao, P.K.Garg, S.K.Ghosh, (2008), Development of an agricultural crop spectral library and classification of crops at cultivar level using hyperspectral data, Precision Agriculture, DOI 10.1007/s11110-007-9037-x.
- Kumar, A., S.K.Ghosh and Dhadhwal, V.K. (2008), Subpixel classifier: fuzzy theory versus statistical learning algorithm, Journal of Applied Remote Sensing, Vol. 2, 13-19, (2008).
- Ramsankaran, Raaj Ramalingam, M., Ghosh, S.K. and Kothyari, U.C. (2008), “Mapping of Suspended Sediments using Site Specific Seasonal Algorithms”, Journal of Indian Society of Remote sensing, Springer Publications 36 (1), 61-68.
- Ramsankaran, R., Kothyari, U.C., Ghosh, S.K., Malcherak, A., (2009), GIS based hydrological modeling of extreme effects in a forested mountainous catchment, UNSECO, Technical Documents in Hydrology, No. 84, pp 49-54.
- Kothyari, U.C., Ramsankan R., Satisth Kumar, D., Ghosh, S.K. and Mendiratta, N, (2010), Geospatial based automated watershed modelling in Garhwal Himalaya, IWA Journal of Hydroinformatics, 12(4) (2010), 502-520.
- Kumar, Anil, S.K.Ghosh, V.K.Dhadhwal, (2010), ALCM – Automatic Land Cover Mapping, Journal of Indian Society of Remote Sensing, Vol No. 39, 229 – 235.
- Garg, P.K., S.K.Ghosh, R.D. Garg and Rajat Agrawal (2010), Development of a Bridge and Culvert Information System in GIS, Indian Surveyor, January 2010, pg 65 – 71.
- Priyadarshi Upadhyaya, Anil Kumar, S.K.Ghosh, P.S.Roy, Effect on specific crop mapping using Worldview-2 multi-spectral add-on bands - A Soft classification approach. Journal of Applied Remote Sensing, April 2012. http://dx.doi.org/10.1117/1.JRS.6.063524
- Dwivedi, R. K., S.K.Ghosh, Anil Kumar, (2012) Study of Fuzzy Based Classifier Parameter Using Fuzzy Matrix, International Journal of Soft Computing and Engineering (IJSCE) ISSN: 2231-2307, Volume-2, Issue-3.
- Sengar S.S., A. Kumar, S.K. Ghosh, H.R. Wason and P.S. Roy (2012). “Liquefaction identification using class based sensor independent approach based on single pixel classification after 2001 Bhuj, India earthquake” in Journal of Applied Remote Sensing [DOI: http:// dx.doi.org/10.1117/1.JRS.6.063531].
- Dwivedi, R. K., S. K. Ghosh and Anil Kumar, (2012) Study of Fuzzy based Classifier Parameter across Spatial Resolution, International Journal of Computer Applications, Volume 50, No.11, 17-24.
- Dwivedi, R. K., S. K. Ghosh and Anil Kumar, (2012), Study of Fuzzy Based Classifier Parameter Using Fuzzy Matrix, International Journal of Soft Computing and Engineering, Volume-2, Issue-3, 358-365.
- Dwivedi, R. K., S. K. Ghosh and Anil Kumar, (2012), Investigation Of Image Classification Techniques For Performance Enhancement, International Journal of Management and Technology, Volume 3, number 1, 21-33.
- Dwivedi, R. K., S. K. Ghosh and Anil Kumar, (2012), Model to measure the effect of discontinuity adaptive MRF models in fuzzy based clasiifier on satellite images, International Online Journal of Engineering And Technology, Volume 1 Issue 1, 9-21.
- Sengar, S.S., Kumar, A., Ghosh, S.K. and Wason, H.R., (2012), Liquefaction Identification Using IRS-1D Temporal Indices Data, Journal of Indian Society of Remote Sensing, 41(2), 355-363. [DOI: http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s12524-012-0239-y].
- Sengar, S.S., Kumar, A., Ghosh, S.K. and Wason, H.R., (2012), Earthquake induced built-up damage identification using IRS-P6 data - a comparative study using fuzzy based classifiers, Geocarto International. [DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/10106049.2012.756939].
- Sengar, S.S., Kumar, A., Ghosh, S.K., Wason, H.R., Raju, P.L.N., and Krishnamurthy, Y.V.N., (2012). Earthquake induced built-up damage identification using fuzzy approach, Geomatics, Natural Hazards and Risk. [DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/19475705.2012.746242].
- Sengar, S.S., Kumar, A., Ghosh, S.K., Wason, H.R., Raju, P.L.N., and Krishnamurthy, Y.V.N., (2013). Study of soft classification approaches for identification of earthquake induced liquefied soil, Geomatics, Natural Hazards and Risk. [DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/19475705.2013.811444].
- Upadhyay, P., Kumar, A., Roy, P.S., Ghosh, S. K. and Gilbert, I., 2012. “Effect on specific crop mapping using WorldView-2 multispectral add-on bands: soft classification approach” Journal of Applied Remote Sensing 6, 063524, http://dx.doi.org/10.1117/1.JRS.6.063524.
- Surendra Singh Choudhary, P.K. Garg and S.K. Ghosh, 2013, Mapping of Agriculture Drought using Remote Sensing and GIS, International Journal of Scientific Engineering and Technology (ISSN : 2277-1581), Volume No.1, Issue No.4, pg :149-157
- Upadhyay, P., Kumar, A. and Ghosh, S. K., 2013. Fuzzy Based Approach for Moist Deciduous Forest Identification using MODIS Temporal Data. Journal of Indian Society of Remote Sensing, http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s12524-013-0267-2.
- Upadhyay, P., Ghosh, S. K. and Kumar, A., 2013. Moist Deciduous Forest Identification using Temporal MODIS Data- a comparative study using fuzzy based classifiers. Ecological Informatics, Vol. 18, pp. 117-130, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ecoinf.2013.07.002.
- Surendra Singh Choudhary, P.K. Garg and S.K. Ghosh, 2013, Drought Analysis Using Digital Image Processing & Meteorological Data, International Journal of Advanced Remote Sensing and GIS 2013, Volume 2, Issue 1, pp. 280-302.
- Priyadarshi Upadhyay, S. K. Ghosh, and Anil Kumar, (2013) , Moist deciduous forest identification using temporal MODIS dat - a comparative study using fuzzy classifiers. Ecological Informatics (Elsevier)Vol 18, pp117-130. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ecoinf.2013.07.002.
- Dwivedi, R.K., Kumar A., Ghosh S. K., (2013) Proposed model to measure the effect of discontinuity adaptive MRF models in fuzzy based clasiifier on satellite images, MATRIX Academic International Online Journal Of Engineering And Technology.
- Upadhaya, P., Ghosh S. K., Kumar A., Krishna Murthy Y.V.N. and Raju P.L.N, (2014) Moist deciduous forest identification using MODIS temporal indices data. International Journal of Remote Sensing, Vol 35(9), PP 3177-3196 (ISSN 0143-1161 & 1366-5901)
- Priyadarshi Upadhyay, S. K. Ghosh, and Anil Kumar, (2014) A Brief Review of Fuzzy Soft Classification and Assessment of Accuracy Methods for Identification of Single Land Cover, Studies in Surveying and Mapping Science (SSMS) American Society of Science and Engineering, Volume 2, 2014. (ISSN 2328-6245& 2328-6253). http:dx.doi.org/ssms/j.ecoinf.2013.07.002.
- Kumar, U., S.K.Ghosh and Anil Kumar (2014), Multi-sensor fusion of satellite images for urban information extraction using Pseudo-Wigner distribution, Journal of Applied Remote Sensing, Vol 8, 2014.
- Singh, A.K., Dubey, O.P. and S.K.Ghosh (2014), GIS based Irrigation based water management, International Journal of Research in Engineering and Technology, 2014, Vol3, spl. Issue 14, pg 62-65 International Journal of Research in Engineering and Technology, 2014
- Sangeeta Kumari, S. K. Ghosh, M. F. Buchroithner, (2014) Measurement Of Glacier Velocity At Pik Lenin, Tajikistan, By Feature Tracking, The International Archives of the Photogrammetry, Remote Sensing and Spatial Information Sciences, Volume XL-8, 2014. doi:10.5194/isprsarchives-XL-8-531-2014
- Priyadarshi Upadhyay, S.K. Ghosh & Anil Kumar (2015): Temporal MODIS data for Identification of Wheat Crop using Noise Clustering Soft Classification Approach, Geocarto International, ~http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/10106049.2015.1047415.
- Kumar, U., Sanjay Kumar Ghosh & Anil Kumar (2016), Multi-sensor Satellite Pan-sharpening based on IHS and Window Pseudo Wigner Distribution Integrated Approach: Application to WorldView-2 Imagery, International Journal of Image and Data Fusion, (DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/19479832.2015.1135828)
- Bhatt A., Ghosh S. K., Kumar A (2016). “Spectral indices based Object Oriented classification for change detection using satellite data”, International Journal of System Assurance Engineering and Management (IJSAEM). 2016, ISSN: 0976-4348. doi="10.1007/s13198-016-0458-7
- Bhatt A., Ghosh S. K., Kumar A. 2015 “Spectral Indices Based Change Detection in an Urban Area Using Landsat Data,” Proceedings of Fifth International Conference on Soft Computing for Problem Solving: SocProS 2015, Volume 2, 2016, Springer Singapore pp.425–442. (Springer)
- Singh, A. K., O.P. Dubey & S.K.Ghosh, (2016) Irrigation scheduling using intervention of Geomatics tools—A case study of Khedli minor, Agricultural Water Management · June 2016 DOI: 10.1016/j.agwat.2016.05.024
- Rajput, U.K., Ghosh, S.K. & Kumar, A. (2016) Comparison of Fusion Techniques for Very High Resolution Data for Extraction of Urban Land-Cover, J Indian Soc Remote Sensing (2016). Vol 44, Pp 1-16 doi:10.1007/s12524-016-0615-0
- Khare, S., Latifi, H. and Ghosh, S. K., 2016. Phenology Analysis of Forest Vegetation to Environmental Variables during-and Post-Monsoon Seasons in Western Himalayan Region of India, ISPRS-International Archives of the Photogrammetry, Remote Sensing and Spatial Information Sciences, pp.15-19. DOI: 10.5194/isprs-archives-XLI-B2-15-2016.
- Atul Kant PIYOOSH, Sanjay Kumar GHOSH, 2016: A Comparative Assessment of Temperature Data from Different Sources for Dehradun, Uttarakhand, India. J. Meteor. Res., 30(6): 1019-1032, doi: 10.1007/s13351-016-6031-0
- Piyoosh, A.K. & Ghosh, S.K. (2016), Effect of autocorrelation on temporal trends in rainfall in a valley region at the foothills of Indian Himalayas, Stochastic Environmental Research and Risk Assessment, doi: 10.1007/s00477-016-1347-y
- Khare, S. and Ghosh, S. K., 2016. “Satellite Remote Sensing Technologies for Biodiversity Monitoring and Its Conservation”, International Journal of Advanced Earth Science and Engineering, 5(1), pp.pp-375.
- Atul Kant Piyoosh & Sanjay Kumar Ghosh (2017): Development of a modified bare soil and urban index for Landsat 8 satellite data, Geocarto International, DOI: 10.1080/10106049.2016.1273401
- Atul Kant Piyoosh & Sanjay Kumar Ghosh (2017), Semi-automatic mapping of anthropogenic impervious surfaces in an urban/sub-urban area using Landsat 8 satellite data, GIScience & Remote Sensing, http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/15481603.2017.1282414
- Khare, S., Latifi, H. and Ghosh, S. K., 2017. Multi-scale assessment of invasive plant species diversity using Pléiades 1A, RapidEye and Landsat-8 data. Geocarto International, pp.1-18. DOI: 10.1080/10106049.2017.1289562
- Khare, S., Ghosh, S. K., Latifi, H., Vijay, S. and Dahms, T., 2017. Seasonal-based analysis of vegetation response to environmental variables in the mountainous forests of Western Himalaya using Landsat 8 data. International Journal of Remote Sensing, 38(15), pp.4418-4442. DOI: 10.1080/01431161.2017.1320450
- Yanit Mekonnen and S.K. Ghosh (2017), Monitoring Urban Growth and Land Use/ Cover Changes using Remote Sensing and Geospatial Techniques in Adama, Ethiopia, IRACST – Engineering Science and Technology, Vol.7, No.2, pp-31-35.