Areas of Interest
- Water Resources Planning & Management, Water Resources Planning & Management
- Rural & Urban Water Supply, Planning and Design
- Hydropower System Planning, E-Flows, Economic Analysis
- Water Quality Monitoring and Modelling, Monitoring Locations, Spatio-temporal Variation
- Performance Evaluation of Water Resources Projects, Risk & Reliability Analysis
- Hydraulics of Flow, Flow Measurement
- Hydrology, Surface and Sub-surface Hydrology
- System Design Techniques, Application in Water Resources Problems
|1985||1986||Quality Control Er||Private|
|1986||1989||Research Fellow||WRMC, REC Kurukshetra|
|1989||1990||Research Scholar||IIT Delhi|
|1996||2001||Asstt. Professor||DCE, Delhi|
|2001||2008||Associate Professor||WRD&M, IIT Roorkee|
|2008||On Going||Professor||WRD&M, IIT Roorkee|
Honors and Awards
|JPSS Chair Professor (Hydropower)||IIT Roorkee||2013|
|Visiting International Fellow (VIF-2011)||EWRI of ASCE, USA||2011|
|Star Performer on the basis of overall performance during the academic year 2004-05||IIT Roorkee||2004|
|Gold medal||Indian Building Congress (IBC) for best paper during the 12th Annual Convention at Vigyan Bhawan, Ne||2006|
|Best Paper Award||Indian Water Works Association (IWWA)||2004|
|Commend. Cert. for Research||Ind. Bldg. Cong.||2003|
|Commend. Cert. for Research||Ind. Bldg. Cong.||1999|
|Post Graduate Diploma||Operations Management||I.G.N.O.U. Delhi||1996|
|Ph.D.||Civil Engineering||Delhi University||1997|
|1999||2001||Incharge Examination cell||D.C.E Delhi|
|June 2016||Current||Chief Advisor Sports||Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee|
|1998||1998||Co-ordinator, B.Tech. Entrance Exam,||D.U., Delhi|
|2000||2000||Deputy Chairman, College Convocation,||D.C.E., Delhi|
|2002||2003||Deputy Chairman||UPR-2002, JEEP-2003|
|1993||1998||Member of B.E. Admission Committee||D.U., Delhi|
|2006||2008||Chief Warden||Azad Bhawan|
|2008||2009||Deaputy Chief Advisor Sports (Admn.)||IIT Roorkee|
|2015||2015||Chief Election Officer SAC-2015||IIT Roorkee|
Sponsored Research Projects
|Minimum Flow Requirements of River System for Ecology in River Brahmani in Orissa for WAPCOS||WAPCOS India Limited, New Delhi||2003|
|Detailed Project Report for Supply of 200 cusec of Water to Delhi from Ganga Canal in U.P. .||UP Irrigation||2002|
Participation in seminars
|M L Kansal||New Delhi||PHD House, New Delhi||07/02/2014|
|M L Kansal||Gandhinagar||GEMI and IRD||23-24th Se|
|M L Kansal||Vadodara||CED, Parul Institute, Vadodara||27/11/13|
- American Society of Civil Engineers, Associate Member
- North India Chapter of Environmental & Water Resources Institute, Founder president since 2010
- Indian Association of Hydrologists, Life Fellow
- Environmental & Water Resources Institute, Associate Member
- Indian Water Works Association, Life Fellow
- Indian Association of Hydrologists, Executive Member
- Indian Water Resources Society, Life Fellow
- Indian Association of Agrometeorologists, Member
- Indian Society for Hydraulics, Life Member
- Institute of Urban Transport (India), Life Member
- Indian Society of Technical Education, Life Member
- Institution of Engineers (India), Life Fellow
Projects and Thesis Supervised
|Title of Project||Names of Students|
|Performance evaluation of an urban water distribution network, a case study of IIT- Roorkee||CHRISTOVER CHARLES MAHENGE|
|Flood Impact on Hydrology, Environment, Life and Policy (HELP) in Bihar||Abhishek Kishore Kumar|
|Computer Aided Simulation and Optimization of the Water Distribution Network Systems||Raheja, N|
|A Study of Pangani River Health in Tanzania||ELIBARIKI E. MWANGA|
|Flood Hotspot Identification and Mitigation – A Case Study of Bihar||Prashant Kumar|
|An Analytic Approach for Reliability Assessment of Water Distribution Networks||Sanjay Kumar|
|Reservoir Sedimentation Pattern and Assessment of its Residual Life||DWOKI JUSTIN SAM|
|Rainfall-runoff modelling using ANN||Nidhi Kalyani|
|Optimal Design of a Water Distribution Network||Ms Kumari Indu Jaiswal|
|Optimal Design of Well-Point System for Dewatering||Din Din|
|Performance Evaluation of Water Supply Scheme to Salima District in Malawi||MAYAMIKO MATHEWS KOMBI|
|Rainwater Harvesting as a Renewable Source of Drinking Water in Saline Groundwater Areas – A Case St||Anurag Sharma|
|Assessment and Management of watershed sustainability using GIS and remote sensing-A case study of G||Saramadie Thorlu Bangura|
|Sustainable Management of Sudd Swamp||NYOMBE RICHARD LOBOSO|
|Sustainability Assessment of Water Supply Schemes in Nepal - A Case Study of Khairenitaar and Parsa||Ashish Mani Lamichhane|
|Strategies for Efficient Use of Irrigation Water in Bhairhawa Lumbini Ground Water Irrigation Projec||Shyam Bahadur Karki|
|Water balance study of Taloqan sub river basin in Afghanistan||Esmatullah Nikpai|
|Sustainable Water Supply Management to Charikar City in Parwan Province of Afghanistan||PATRICK CLAUDIUS IDOWU COLE|
|Flood Risk Analysis and Mapping for a Himalayan River||Avinash Thakur|
|Performance Evaluation of Power System Components using Fault Tree Analysis||Sanchit Saran Agarwal|
|Study to Improve Operation and Maintenance of Nam Huam Irrigation System in Lao PDR||Boun Hom Silimanotham|
|Design and implementation of a low cost grid connected hydro power system||Augustine Amara|
|Drought Assessment using SPI in Marathwada Region of India||Megha Salve|
|Travelling Salesman Problem Solution using Ant Colony Optimization Technique||Subash Sethi|
|Sustainable Development Contribution Assessment of CDM based Renewable Energy Projects||Rajat Kanti Samal|
|A study of Water measuring Devices on Irrigation Channels||Vivarath Sihabouj|
|Study of Amu River Bank protection in Afghanistan||Abbas S Fazeli|
|A Study of Water Supply to Durame Town in Ethiopia||TESHOME MEKETE|
|River Water Quality Index Assessment – A Case Study||Benny Komba|
|An Appropriate Forecasting Technique for Electrical Energy Demand||Temesgen Abebe|
|River training structures using Trial Dykes and Jack Jetty system||Umesh Kumar Gupta|
|Extraction from Wastes in High Rise Buildings||Ulhas Manan|
|Assessment of Rice Production under Changing Climatic Conditions of Karawang (Indonesia)||Eka Prasetyawati|
|Reliability Based Design of Pumping Station for an Urban Water Supply Scheme||Kiswarman|
|A study of urban drainage system-A case study of Gurgaon||Nitin Kumar Nagarwal|
|Assessment of Urban Water Quality Service - A Case Study of Cape Town in Ghana||N Y Patrick|
|Optimization of Dewatering and Excavation Cost for Construction of Power Plant||Dwi Agus Rahsetiyo|
|Deogratius Nyamsha||Irrigation planning and scheduling for improving water productivity-A case study of Msange irrigation scheme in Tanzania|
|Sustainability Assessment of Rural Water Supply Schemes in Uttarakhand||Lt. Col. Hemant Joshi|
|Seepage Losses from a Canal Conveying a Varying Discharge||Agustini Ernawati|
|Sustainability assessment of an irrigation system –A case study of Doho in Eastern Uganda||Ekadu Silas|
|Drinking Water Sustainability Assessment for an Indian Metropolitan City – A Case Study of Delhi||Nitu Singh|
|Assessment of Green House Gas Emissions from Storage Based Hydropower Schemes||Anvesh Gunjuluri|
|Downscaling of Climate Variables using Support Vector Machine||Murtiningrum Kuji|
|Long term Wave Forecasting Using ANN||Bal Krishna|
|Inter Basin Water Transfer and Water Balance Study of Mahanadi Basin at Manibhadra||Rajnikanta Biswal|
|Assessment of Customers' Satisfaction for Water Supply in Few Cities of Tanzania||Ivor Joseph Ndimbe|
|Reliability Evaluation of a Hydropower Station||Jeebachh Mandal|
|Conjunctive water use planning in irrigation system for enhancing water use and water productivity||Alemayehu Yadesha Emana|
|Computer Aided Design of a Penstock||Navin Kumar Jha|
|Reliability Assessment of a Power System – A Case Study of IIT Roorkee Campus||Stuti Gupta|
|Use of Fuzzy Logics for Reservoir Operation Policy||Anggara Wiyono Wit Saputra|
|A Study on Environmental Flow Estimation for a Casacade Type Hydropower Development||Mulenga Musonda|
|Hydropower and Flood Year Prediction Using Grey Models||Navavi Ahmad|
|Simulation Based Performance Evaluation of an Urban Water Distribution Network||Heru Setiadi|
|Estimation of Hydrulic Roughness Parameters for Boulder Streams||Derese Admasu Tessema|
|Optimization of Construction Equipment Selection for Earth Moving Operations||Mengistu Kebebe|
|Design of Water Distribution Network using Non Linear Programming||Roy P Perdede|
|Long Term Electricity Demand Forecasting for Uttarakhand||Nitin Gupta|
|Distribution Network in Urban Water Supply||Tandin Dorje|
|Performance Based Reservoir Operation for Sustainable Management of Water Resources||Rofel Hmar|
|Computer Aided Design of Aggregate Production for a Concrete Plant||Yakob Tamu Ama Lay|
|Basin Study for Environmental Flow Assessment in Hydropower Development||Jefry Luna|
|Performance Evaluation of a Collector well using MODFLOW||Bayu Kusuma|
|Optimal Operation of Pumps for Urban Water Distribution Systems||Recardo C Olarte|
|Slurry Transport in a Pipe line||Dwi Asika Sari|
|Topic||Scholar Name||Status of PHD||Registration Year|
|Snowpack Estimation and its Impact on River Flow Regime||Sandeep Shukla||O||2012|
|Sustainable Management of Hydropower Schemes under risks and Uncertainties||Sanchit Saran Agarwal||O||2014|
|Soil Health Assessment and Management for Improving Productivity||Lingaraj Dhal||O||2017|
|Performance Evaluation and Strategic Planning of Water Supply in Hilly Areas||Sham Kumar Sharma||A||2012|
|Watershed Sustainability Index Framework and its Estimation for a Watershed||Surendra Kumar Chandniha||A||2010|
|A Study on Design Aspects of Radial Collector Wells||Kailash Bisnoi||A||2010|
|Planning of Interbasin transfer for sustainable water management in Ethiopia||Dereje Adeba Gerbi||A||2012|
|Water Quality Modelling and Monitoring in Distribution Systems||Mrs. Geeta Arora||A||1|
|Irrigation Performance and Water Management Practices in Salt affected Area||K K Mahanta||A||1|
|A Study on Pollutant Transport in a Stream||MuthuKrishna vellaisamy K.||A||1|
|Performance Assessment of a Radial Collector Well near a Stream||Mohd. Fahimuddin||A||1|
|Multi-Criteria Decision Making for Engineering & Management Oroblems||Krishna Pratap Singh||A||1|
Visits to outside institutions
|Institute Visited||Purpose of Visit||Date|
|G B Pant University of Agriculture & Technology, Pant Nagar||To deliver lectures on Flow Measurements in Pipelines and Hydraulics of Flow in Water Distribution Networks||16th June|
|G B Pant University of Agriculture & Technology, Pant Nagar||To deliver lecture on Application of Optimization Techniques in Design & Research||14th July|
|Regional Research Laboratory, Bhopal||To attend and present a paper titled Cutset-Based Reliability Analysis of Water Distribution Networks in the International Conference of Water & Environment (WE-2003)||15-18 Dece|
|Water Engineering Research and Development Centre (WERDEC), Istanbul (Turkey)||To attend and deliver lectures in the International Advanced Course on Water Resources Assessment - Data Processing, Fuzzy system Modelling, Interpretation, Design and Application||August 30|
|Regional Centre on Urban Water Management (RCUWM) Tehran, Iran||To attend the Expert Group Meeting for Training of Trainers (ToT) on Integrated Water Resources Management||December 1|
|Application of Optimization Techniques in Design & Research||G.B.Pant University, Pant Nagar||G||2004|
|LP Based Optimal Design of Water Distribution Networks||G.B.Pant University, Pant Nagar||G||2004|
|Decision Making Under Risk and Uncertainty||Water Foundation, Istanbul (Turkey)||I||2004|
|Multi-Criteria Decision Making||Water Foundation, Istanbul (Turkey)||I||2004|
|Issues Involved in the Management of Urban Water Supply Schemes in India||Sri Jayachamarajendra College of Engineering (SJCE), Mysore||T||2005|
|Training of Trainers on Integrated Water Resources Management||Regional Centre on Urban Water Management (RCUWM) Tehran, Iran||I||2004|
Participation in short term courses
|Couse Name||Sponsored By||Date|
|RS & GIS Applications to Water Resources||Indian Institute of Remote Sensing||05-05-2003|
|International advanced Course on Water Resources Assessment||Water Engineering Research and Development Centre, Turkish Water Foundation, Istanbul (Turkey)||August 30|
Courses or Conferences Organised
|Conference Name||Sponsored By||Date|
|National Workshop on Challenges in the Management of Water Resources & Environment in the Next Mille||DCE, Delhi||8-9 Oct.,|
|System Analysis Techniques and Computer Applications in Water Resources Management||WRDTC, NIH||05-20 Janu|
|Management of Sustainable Irrigated Agriculture Using Agroclimatic Data||CAD, MOWR, GOI||Feb., 5-13|
Special Lectures Delivered
|Municipal & Industrial Water Demands in River Basin Planning & Management||IIT Roorkee||17th Jan.|
|RAINFALL AND DROUGHT ANALYSIS||IIT Roorkee||Feb. 7-12,|
|STATISTICAL ANALYSIS OF DATA||IIT Roorkee||Feb. 7-12,|
Books AuthoredSystem Analysis Techniques in Water Resources Management
By: M L Kansal
Published by: Centre for Continuing Education, IIT Roorkee Page No: - (Vol 00) year: 2004
System Analysis Techniques in Water Resources Management
By: M L Kansal
Published by: Turkish Water Foundation Page No: - (Vol 975-6455-17-9) year: 2005
Refereed Journal Papers
- Kansal, M.L., Kumar, A. & Sharma, P.B., (1995). “Reliability Analysis of Water Distribution Systems Under Uncertainty”, Reliability Engg. & System Safety, Vol 50, No.1, 51-59.
- Kumar, A and Kansal, M L Discussion on "Reliability Analysis of Water Distribution Systems", J Env Engg, ASCE, September, pp 674-75, (1995).
- Kumar, A, Kansal, M L and Arora G, “Identification of Monitoring Stations in Water Distribution System” ASCE, Journal of Env. Engg., Aug., Vol. 123, No. 8, pp 746-52, (1997).
- Kumar, A, Kansal, M L and Kumar Sanjay, Discussion on “Systemic Analysis of Urban Water Supply and Growth Management”, Journal of Urban Planning & Development, ASCE, September, pp135-137, (1998).
- Kumar, A, Kansal, M L and Arora G, Closure of “Identification of Monitoring Stations in Water Distribution System” Journal of Env. Engg., ASCE, Feb., pp 203-204, (1999).
- Kumar, A, Kansal, M L and Arora G, Discussion on “Inverse Modeling of Chlorine Concentration in Pipe Networks Under dynamic conditions” Journal of Env. Engg., ASCE, pp 296-297, March, (1999).
- Kumar, A, Kansal, M L, Minocha, V K and Kumar Sanjay, Discussion on “Risk Analysis of Traffic and Revenue Forecasts for Road Investment Projects”, Journal of Infrastructure Development & Planning, ASCE, September, pp 112-114, (1999).
- Kumar, A, Kansal, M L and Arora G, Discussion on “Detecting Accidental Contaminations in Municipal Water Networks”, Journal of Water Resources Planning and Management, ASCE, September, pp 308-310, (1999).
- Kumar, A, Kansal, M L and Kumar Sanjay, Discussion on “Condition Assessment of Water Supply Infrastructure” , Journal of Infrastructure Development & Planning, ASCE, December, pp 161-162, (1999).
- Kansal, M.L. and Kumar, A. “Computer Aided Reliability Analysis of Water Distribution Networks”, International Journal of Modelling & Simulation, Vol. 20, No. 3, 264-273, (2000).
- Arora, G and Kansal, M L, Discussion on “Performance of Various Kinetic Models for Chlorine Decay” Journal of Water Resources Planning and Management, ASCE, September, pp. 349, (2001).
- Kansal, M L, and Arora, G, Discussion on “EXPLORE – Hybrid Expert System for Water Supply Management” Journal of Water Resources Planning and Management, ASCE, Nov.-Dec., pp. 415-416, (2001).
- Kansal, M L, and Arora, G, Discussion on “Reliability as Tool for Hydraulic Network Planning” Journal of Hydraulic Engineering, ASCE, January, pp. 127, (2002).
- Kansal, M L, and Arora, G, Discussion on “Optimal Operation of Water Distribution Pumps Considering Water Quality” Journal of Water Resources Planning and Management, ASCE, July-August, pp. 307, (2002).
- Kansal, M.L., & Verma, Shuchi “An Efficient Technique for Failure Assessment in a Distribution Network”, International Journal of Modeling & Simulation, Vol. 25, No. 4, 2005, pp. 269-276.
- Kansal, M.L., Das, Devadutta, & Mandal, Jeebachh “Performance Assessment of a Hydropower Station using Fault Tree Analysis”, International Journal of Water & Energy, Vol. 62, No. 3, pp 44-55, 2005.
- Kansal, M.L., Devi, Sunita. “An Improved Algorithm for Connectivity Analysis of Distribution Networks”, Rel. Engg. & System Safety, Vol 92, No.10, 295-1302, (2007).
- Kusum Deep, M.L. Kansal, K P Singh. “Ranking of Alternatives in Fuzzy Environment using Integral Value”, Journal of Mathematics, Statistics, and Allied Fields (Scientific Journals International), Vol. 1, Issue 2, (2007).
- Fery M. Hepy, Z. Ahmad, and Kansal, M L. “Critical velocity for slurry
transport through pipeline”, Journal of Dam Engineering, Vol. XIX, 3, pp 169-184, (2008).
- Mohd Fahimuddin, Govinda C Mishra and Mitthan L Kansal. “Groundwater Recharge Through a Multi-Aquifer Shaft Near a Flooding Stream”, Journal of Hydrologic Engineering, ASCE, Vol. 14, 1, pp 84-90, (2009).
- Muthukrishnavellaisamy. K, G. C. Mishra, N. C. Ghosh and M. L. Kansal. “Estimation of stream water quality parameter using regime channel theory”, Journal of Environmental Geology, Springer-Verlag, Vol. 57, No. 4, pp 899-908, (2009).
- Kusum Deep, K P Singh, M.L. Kansal, and Chander Mohan. “Management of multipurpose multi-reservoir using fuzzy interactive method”, Journal of Water Resources Management, Vol. 23, No. 14, pp 2987-3003, (2009).
- Kusum Deep, K P Singh, M.L. Kansal, and Chander Mohan. “A real coded genetic algorithm for solving integer and mixed integer optimization problems”, Journal of Applied Mathematics and Computations, 212 (2), pp 505-518, (2009).
- Kansal, M.L. and I Nyoman Suwarno “Integrated Agricultural Risk Management in Way Jepara Area of Indonesia”, International Journal of Irrigation & Drainage, Online ISSN: 1531-0361, June (2009).
- Kusum Deep, K. P. Singh, M. L. Kansal and C. Mohan: “A Fuzzy Interactive Approach to Portfolio Management”, OPSEARCH, Springer, Vol. 46, No. 1, pp. 69-88, 2009.
- Saha, A, Kansal, M L, Mishra, G C, and Gupta, R P, “Restoration of the Traditional Small Water Bodies in Braj”, South Asian Journal of Tourism and Heritage, Vol. 3, No. 2, pp 19-29, 2010.
- Kusum Deep, K. P. Singh, M. L. Kansal and C. Mohan: “An Interactive Method Using Genetic Algorithm for Multi-Objective Optimization Problems Modeled in Fuzzy Environment”, Available online, ESWA, Elsevier, 2010.
- Kusum Deep, M. L. Kansal and K.P. Singh: “Genetic Algorithm based Fuzzy Weighted Average Application in Multi-Criteria Decision Making Problems”, accepted, OPSEARCH, Springer, Vol. 48, No. 2, pp. 96-108, 2011.
- Saha, A, Mishra, G C, Kansal, M L, and Gupta, R P, “Analysis of Seepage from a Pond”, Hydrogeology Journal, Springer, 573-589, 2011.
- Muthukrishnavellaisamy. K, N. C. Ghosh, G. C. Mishra, and M. L. Kansal. “Semianalytical Solution for Nonequilibrium Sorption of Pollutant Transport in Streams”, ASCE, Journal of Env. Engg., Nov., Vol. 137, No. 11, pp 1066-1074, (2011).
- Kansal, M.L. and Shilpy Arora, “Biodiversity and Present Status of Freshwater Fishes in Lohit River Basin of India”, Environmentalist Journal, Vol. 32, No. 1, pp 58-69, Springer, (2012).
- Muthukrishnavellaisamy. K, N. C. Ghosh, G. C. Mishra, and M. L. Kansal. “Hybrid Model Development for the Decaying Pollutant Transport in Streams”, Int. J. of Environment and Waste Management (IJEWM), (2012).
- Mishra, G C, Mahanta, K K, and Kansal, M L, “Determination of Inter-plate Distance and Initial Bulk”, Journal Soil Research, CSIRO, Australia, 2011.
- Mahanta, K K, Mishra, G C, and Kansal, M L, “Estimation of electric double layer thickness from linearized and nonlinear solutions of Poisson-Boltzman equation for single type of ions”, Journal of Applied Clay Science, 2012.
- Kansal, M L, Dorje, T, and Chandniha, S K, “Design Scheme for Water Quality Monitoring in a Distribution Network” International Journal of Environment and Development, Vol. 9, No. 1, pp. 69-81, (2012).
- Maryam Abdolahpour, Mehdi Yasi, Javad Behmanesh, and Kansal, M L, “Performance evaluation of horizontal sharp crested weirs in a channel bend” Int. Journal of Hydrology Science & technology, Vol. 2, No. 4, pp. 402-412, 2012.
- Mahanta, K K, Mishra, G C, and Kansal, M L, “Estimation of electric double layer thickness in the presence of two types of ions in soil water”, Journal of Applied Clay Science, Vol. 87, pp. 2012-2018, 2014,
- Gupta, Stuti, and Kansal, M L, ‘Reliability Assessment of a Real Time Distribution System’, International Journal of Electronic and Electrical Engineering, Vol. 7, No. 9, pp. 993-999, (2014).
- Singh, K. P., Kansal, M. L. and Kusum Deep, “GA-NR for Optimal Design of Water Distribution Networks”, International Journal of Operational Research, Vol. 20, No. 3, 2014, pp 241-261.
- Singh, K. P., Kusum Deep and Kansal, M. L., “Fuzzy-based Interactive Method for Solution of bi and multi-level Programming Problems”, International Journal of Information and Decision Sciences, Vol. 6, No. 2, 2014, pp 166-181.
- Chandniha, S K, Kansal, M L, and Gunjuluri, Anvesh, “Watershed Sustainability Index Assessment of a watershed in Chhattisgarh, India”, Current World Environment, Vol. 9, No. 2, pp. 403-411, 2014.
- Dereje, A, Kansal, M L, and Sen, Sumit, “Assessment of Water Scarcity and its Impacts on Sustainable Development in Awash Basin, Ethiopia” Journal of Sustainable Water Resources Management, Vol. 1, No. 1, pp. 71-87, 2015.
- Sharma, S K, Kansal, M L, and Tyagi, Aditya, "Resource Assessment & Strategic Planning for Sustainable Water Supply to Shimla City (India) using Geo-Spatial Techniques", The Egyptian Journal of Remote Sensing and Space Sciences, Vol. 18, No. 1, pp. 85-87, 2015.
- Sharma, S K, Kansal, M L, and Tyagi, Aditya, "Integrated Water Management Plan for Shimla City in India using Geo-Spatial Techniques", Water Science & Technology : Water Supply, IWA, London, Vol. 16, No. 3, pp. 641-652, 2016.
- Dereje, A, Kansal, M L, and Sen, Sumit, “Economic Evaluation of Proposed Alternatives of Inter-basin Water Transfer from Baro Akobo to Awash Basin in Ethiopia”, Journal of Sustainable Water Resources Management, Vol. 2, No. 3, pp. 313-330, 2016.
- Shukla, S, Kansal, M L, and Jain, S K, "Snow cover area variability assessment in the upper part of the Satluj river basin in India", Geo-carto International, pp. 1-22, 2016.
- Chandniha, S K, and Kansal, M L, “Prioritization of sub-watersheds based on morphometric analysis using geospatial technique in Piperiya watershed, India”, Applied Water Science, Vol. 7, No. 1, 329-338, (2017).
- Kansal, M L, Kumar, P, Kishore, K A, “Integrated Flood Risk Management using Multi Criterion Decision Analysis – A Case Study of Bihar”, International Journal of Scientific and Research Publications, Vol. 7, No. 3, March. 2017, pp 271-276.
- Kansal, M L, Kishore, K A, Kumar, P, “Impacts of Flood and its Management- A Case Study of Bihar”, International Journal of Advanced Research, Vol. 5, No. 3, March. 2017, pp 1695-1706.
- Kansal, M L, Ivor, J N, and Chandaniha, S, “Urban Water Service Quality Assessment in Tanzanian Towns of Songea and Mbeya” Journal of Sustainable Water Resources Management, Accepted, (2017).
- Kansal, M L, Thakur, A, “Flood Estimation for a Cloudburst Event in an Ungauged Western Himalayan Catchment”, International Journal of Hydrology, 2017, 1(6): 00030.
- Pillai, N N, Goel, A and Kansal, M L, “Rapid Determination of Optimum Moisture Content of Engineering soils for Embankment Construction”, Journal of Irrigation & Power, Jan., pp 59-66, (1990).
- Kumar, A, Kansal, M L, Arora G and Kumar Sanjay, “A Study on Financial & Contractual Issues in BOT Projects” IBC, Journal of Indian Building Congress, Vol. 5, No. 1, pp 149-157, (1998),.
- Kansal, M L, and Arora G, “Issues and challenges in the Management of Urban Water Supply Schemes” IBC, Journal of Indian Building Congress, Vol. 9, No. 1, 188-194, (2002).
- Kansal, M.L., Arora, Geeta, and Verma, Shuchi “Water Quality Reliability Analysis in an Urban Network”, Journal of IWWA, Vol. 36, No. 3, pp 185-198, (2004).
- Kansal, M.L., Arora, Geeta, and Verma, Shuchi “Optimal Location of Chlorine Booster Stations in an Urban Water Distribution Network”, Journal of IWWA, Vol. 37, No. 1,
pp 25-36, 2005.
- Mishra, G C, and Kansal, M L, "Radial Collector Well as an Alternate Source of Water Supply – A Case Study", Journal of Indian Building Congress, Vol. 12, No. 1, pp 3-12, (2005).
- Kansal, M L, and Verma, Shuchi,, "Rational Water Pricing – Need for Sustainable Management of Urban Water Supply ", Journal of Indian Building Congress, Vol. 12, No. 1, pp 244-152, (2005).
- Kansal, M L, "Water Balance Analysis for Large Scale Water Transfer – A Case Study", Jalvigyan Sameeksha, Journal of INCOH, 19(1-2), pp 105-115, (2004).
- Kansal, M L, " Sustainable Development and Management of Water Supply to the City of Almora ", Journal of Indian Building Congress, Vol. 14, No. 1, pp. 232-237, (2007).
- Kansal, M L, Mishra, G C, and Bisnoi, Kailash "Radial Collector Well - An Alternate Source of Water Supply", Journal of CSIR, Vol. 20, No. 1, June, (2012), pp. 30-35.
- Kansal, M L, Bayu, K, and Mishra, G C, "Yield Estimation of Radial collector Well Located Near a Meandering River", Special Issue of JIWWA on River Bank Filtration, Vol. 20, No. 1, Dec., (2012) (Sp. Issue), pp. 59-66.
- Bisnoi, K, Kansal, M L, and Mishra, G C, "Flow to a Collector Pipe Laid under a Stream Bed", ISH Journal of Hydraulic Engineering, Vol. 22 , No. 1 , (2015), pp. 100-108
- Kansal, M L, and Agarwal, S S, “Impact of Uncertainties on Economic Sustainability – A Case Study of Myntdu Leshka Hydropower Project”, Indian Power Journal, (2015), Vol. XXIII, No. 4, pp 31-39.
- Chandniha, S K and Kansal, M L, “Rainfall Estimation using Multiple Linear Regression based Statistical Downscaling for Piperiya Watershed in Chhattisgarh”, Journal of Agro-meteorology, (2016).
- Kansal, M L, and G, Anvesh, “Greenhouse Gas Emission Assessment from Few Storage Based Hydropower Schemes in India”, Journal of Indian Water Resources Society, Vol. 36, No. 4, Oct., 2016, pp. 27-35.
- Agarwal SS, and M L Kansal, “Issues of Hydropower Development in Uttarakhand Region of Indian Himalaya”, Water and Energy International, Vol. 59, No. 11, pp. 52-64, 2017.
- Kansal, M L, “Issues and Challenges in Water Productivity for Sustainable Agricultural Growth in India”, Journal of Indian Water Resources Society (Special Issue), 2017.
- Kansal, M L, and Shukla Sandeep, “Role of Climate Change and Anthropogenic Activities in 2013 Flood Disaster of Uttarakhand”, Journal of Indian Water Resources Society, Vol. 37, No. 1, Jan., 2017. .
- Chandniha, S K and Kansal, M L, “Water resources planning and management using probability distribution”, Journal of Agro-meteorology, (2017), Vol. 19, No. 2.