Pradip K. Maji
Pradip K. Maji Assistant Professor pradip.fpt[at]iitr.ac.in +91 7895965010
Areas of Interest
- Nanomaterials synthesis:, Cellulose nanofibres, graphene, silver nanoparticles, gold nanoparticles, ZnO nanoparticles
- Polymer Nanocomposites, based on synthesized nanomaterials and commercial nanoclay, nanosilica, CNT, nanofibre
- Smart polymers, Polymer synthesis & modification
- High performances polymer nanocomposites, Properties & speciality applications
- Self healing polymer, Synthesis and applications in space and aircraft industry
- Graphene based nanocomposites, For energy applications
- Rubber Technology:, Aircraft Industry
- Polyurethanes, Hyperbranched polymer
|July, 2014||till date||Assistant Professor||Dept. of Polymer & Process Engineering, IIT Roorkee|
|Jan 2010||July 2014||Scientist||Indian Air Force, Ministry of Defence (DRDO), Govt of India|
|June 2006||Jan 2010||Junior Project Officer||Rubber Technology Centre, IIT Kharagpur|
Honors and Awards
|Expert Panel Member||Indian Polyurethane Association (IPUA) Technical Centre, Pune, India||2016|
|Associate Editor||MOJ Polymer Journal, USA||2016|
|Commendation by Air Officer Commanding in Chief, Maintenance Command||Indian Air Force||2014|
|Biography published in Who's Who in the World 2014||Marquis Who's Who Publication, USA||2014|
|Six Sigma Green Belt||RS OTIFAS Pvt Ltd||2013|
|Best Poster Award||Rubber Technology Centre, IIT Kharagpur||2010|
|University Gold Medal in M.Tech.||University of Calcutta||2006|
|B. Tech.||Polymer Science & Technology||University of Calcutta||2004|
|M. Tech.||Polymer Science & Technology||University of Calcutta||2006|
|PhD||Polymer Nanocomposites||IIT Kharagpur||2012|
Sponsored Research Projects
|Preparation and Characterization of Polymer Nanocomposites as Shape Memory Applications||SRIC, IIT Roorkee||2015|
|Cellulose nanofibres extraction from waste forest biomaterials and its applications in biomedical||SERB, DST, Govt of India||2016|
- The Aeronautical Society of India, Life Member
- The Society for Polymer Science, India, Life Member
- The Indian Science Congress Association, Life Member
|Title||Course Code||Class Name||Semester|
|Elastomer Science & Rubber Technology||PP-453||Int. M. Tech. (4th Year)||Autumn|
|Polymer Processing II||PP-452||Int. M. Tech. (4th Year)||Spring|
|Properties of Polymers||PE-317||B. Tech. (3rd Year)||Autumn|
|Polymer Rheology||PE-326||B. Tech. (3rd Year)||Spring|
|Polymer Rheology||PE-206||B. Tech. (2nd Year)||Spring|
|Functional Polymers||PE-415||B. Tech. (4th Year)||Autumn|
|Elastomer Science & Rubber Technology||PE-417||B. Tech. (4th Year)||Autumn|
Projects and Thesis Supervised
|Title of Project||Names of Students|
|Influence of phase modifiers and different additives on morphology and properties of TPE||Animesh Chandra|
|Effects of nanoparticles on morphology and properties of polymer nanocomposites||Naveen Kumar Chandra|
|SEBS block copolymer-sepiolite clay nanocomposites: A novel approach in packaging applications||Pragya Gupta|
|Nanotailoring of fluoroelastomer layered silicate nanocomposites||Akshay Kumar Sharma|
|Preparation and properties of SEBS triblock copolymer silica nanocomposites||Bhag Chand Regar|
|Synthesis of Polyaniline/Graphene oxide Nano-composite for supercapacitor applications||Nehal Nupnar and P Nihal|
|Engage-clay nanocomposites: preparation and characterization||Hemant Saini and Rahul Tomar|
Research Scholar Groups
|Madhab Bera||Graphene based nanocomposites|
|Chandravati||Nano-cellulose based bio-nanocomposites|
|R. Divya||Self healing polymer|
|Pragya Gupta||Nanocomposites as superabsorbent materials|
|Shubham||Nanocellulose in polymer nanocomposites for biomedical applications|
|Tejvir Tagya||Bio-nanocomposites for packaging applications|
|Gaurav Kumar||Graphene based nanocomposites for energy applications|
|Ayush Bhardwaj||Butyl rubber graphene nanocomposites for specialty military applications|
|Amit Patel||Butyl rubber graphene nanocomposites for specialty military applications|
|Topic||Scholar Name||Status of PHD||Registration Year|
|Structure-property relationships in graphene based polymer nanocomposites||Madhab Bera||O||2015|
|Cellulose nanofibers extraction from waste forest biomaterials and its potential use in polymer nan||Chandravati Yadav||O||2015|
|Self-healing polymers based on embedded microencapsulation and ionomers||R. Divya||O||2016|
|Cellulose nanofibers in biomedical applications||Pragya Gupta||O||2016|
Participation in short term courses
|Couse Name||Sponsored By||Date|
|Materials for Advanced Application||AICTE, Govt of india||Sep 2014|
|Issues and Advancements of De-icing and Anti-icing Systems||SASE, DRDO & CRREL, US Army Crops of Engineers, USA||Feb 2013|
|Design Development Upgradation of Airborne System||RCMA, DRDO, Govt o India||Nov 2012|
Courses or Conferences Organised
|Conference Name||Sponsored By||Date|
|Advanced Aerospace Materials: Processing, Characterization and Applications||AICTE, Govt of India||1-5 Jun 15|
- A. K. Bhowmick, M. Bhattacharya, S. Mitra, K. Dinesh Kumar, P. K. Maji, A. Choudhury, J. J. George, G. C. Basak “Morphology – Property Relationship in Rubber Based Nanocomposites: Some Recent Developments” in Advances in Polymer Sciences , Volume: Advanced Rubber Composites, 1st Edition, Editors: Gert Heinrich, Brigitte Voit; Publisher: Springer, Germany, 2011, Page No.: 1-83.
Refereed Journal Papers
- Pradip K. Maji, Anil K. Bhowmick, “Influence of Number of Functional Groups of Hyperbranched Polyol on Cure Kinetics and Physical Properties of Polyurethanes” Journal of Polymer Science: Part A: Polymer Chemistry 47, 731-745 (2009).
- Pradip K. Maji, Prasanta K. Guchhait, Anil K. Bhowmick “Effect of the Microstructure of a Hyperbranched Polymer and Nanoclay Loading on the Morphology and Properties of Novel Polyurethane Nanocomposites” ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces 1, 289-300 (2009)
- Pradip K. Maji, Prasanta K. Guchhait, Anil K. Bhowmick “Effect of Nanoclays on Physico-Mechanical Properties and Adhesion of Polyester Based Polyurethane Nanocomposites: Structure-Property Correlations” Journal of Materials Science 44, 5861–5871 (2009).
- Pradip K. Maji, Nisith K. Das, Anil K. Bhowmick “Preparation and Properties of Polyurethane Nanocomposites of Novel Architecture as Advanced Barrier Materials for Space Application” Polymer 51, 1100-1110 (2010)
- Sritama Kar, Pradip K. Maji, Anil K. Bhowmick; “Chlorinated polyethylene nanocomposites: thermal and mechanical behavior” Journal of Materials Science 45, 64–73 (2010)
- Prasanta K. Guchhait, Sudip Pradhan K. Dinesh Kumar, Pradip K. Maji, Anil K. Bhowmick “Influence of Nanoclay on the Morphology, Adhesive and Mechanical Properties of Polysulfide Modified Epoxy Resin” Polymer and Polymer Composites 18, 123-131, 2010.
- Anil K. Bhowmick, Mithun Bhattacharya, Suman Mitra, Pradip K. Maji, Anusuya Choudhury, Jinu J. George, Ganesh C. Basak, K. Dinesh Kumar “Rubber Based Nanocomposites: Some Recent Examples” KGK-Kautschuk und Gummi Kunststoffe 3, 191-196, 2010.
- G. Rajesh, Pradip K. Maji, Anusuya Chaudhary, Mithun Bhattacharya, Anil K. Bhowmick, Anubhav Saxsena; “Liquid Silicone Rubber Vulcanizates: Network Structure-Property Relationship and Cure Kinetics” Polymer and Polymer Composites 18, 469 - 480, 2010.
- Sandip Rooj, Ganesh C. Basak, Pradip K. Maji, Anil K. Bhowmick; “New Route for Devulcanization of Natural Rubber and the Properties of Devulcanized Rubber” Journal of Polymers and the Environment, 19, 382-390, 2012.
- Pradip K. Maji, Anil K. Bhowmick, “Efficacy of clay content and microstructure of curing agents on the structure-property relationship of new generation polyurethane nanocomposites” Polymer for Advanced Technologies, 23, 1311-1320, 2012.
- Pradip K. Maji, Anil K. Bhowmick, “Structure-property correlation of novel polyurethane nanocomposites: Influence of loading and nature of nanosilica, and microstructure of hyperbranched polyol” Journal of Applied Polymer Science 127, 4492-4505, 2013.
- Pragya Gupta, Madhab Bera, Pradip K. Maji, “Nanotailoring of Sepiolite Clay with Poly [Styrene-b-(Ethylene-co-Butylene) -b-Styrene]: Structure-Property Correlation” Polymer for Advanced Technologies; DOI: 10.1002/pat.4019 (2017)
- Madhab Bera, Chandravati, Pragya Gupta, Pradip K. Maji “Facile One Pot Synthesis of Graphene Oxide by Sonication Assisted Mechanochemical Approach and Its Surface Chemistry” Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology; DOI: 10.1166/jnn.2017.14306 (2017)
- Chandravati Yadav, Arun Saini, Pradip K. Maji, "Energy efficient facile extraction process of cellulose nanofibres and their dimensional characterization using light scattering techniques" Carbohydrate Polymers; 165, 276-284 (2017)
- Arun Saini, Chandravati Yadav, Madhab Bera, Pragya Gupta, Pradip K. Maji, "Maleic anhydride grafted linear low density polyethylene/waste paper powder composites with superior mechanical behavior" Journal of Applied Polymer Science; DOI: 10.1002/app.45167 (2017)
- Madhab Bera, Pradip K. Maji*, “Effect of structural disparity of graphene based materials on thermo-mechanical and surface properties of thermoplastic polyurethane nanocomposites” Polymer DOI: 10.1016/j.polymer.2017.05.019 (2017)
- S. Maji, P K. Maji, B. Adhikari; Bio degradation study of polyethylene film – a poster presentation at “Polymer–2006”, March 1-3, 2006 at Indian Institute for the Cultivation Science, Kolkata. India.
- Pradip K. Maji, Prasanta K. Guchhait, Anil K. Bhowmick; Nanolayer reinforcement of elastomeric polyurethane network, “India International Rubber Conference” on 1st -3rd November, 2007 at Udaipur- 313001, Rajasthan, India.
- Pradip K. Maji, Prasanta K. Guchhait, Anil K. Bhowmick; Morphology, structure and properties of polyurethane/layered silicate nanocomposites, in “International Conference of Rubber and Rubber Like Materials” on 8th -10th January,2008 at RTC, IIT Kharagpur-721302.
- Prasanta K. Guchhait, Pradip K. Maji, Anil K. Bhowmick; Nanocomposites of polyester polyurethane: effect of organically modified montmorillonite (OMMT) on morphology, mechanical and barrier properties “International Conference of Rubber and Rubber Like Materials” on 8th -10th January, 2008 at IIT Kharagpur, Kharagpur-721302, India.
- Pradip K. Maji, Prasanta K. Guchhait, Anil K. Bhowmick ; Molecular engineering in polyurethane based layered silicate nanocomposites for space application, “Conference on Advances in Space Science and Technology” on 14th – 16th January, 2008 at KCSTC, IIT Kharagpur-721302, India.
- Pradip K. Maji, Anil K. Bhowmick; Morphology and thermo-mechanical response of polyurethane nanocomposites containing hyperbranched polymer, “Fall 174th Technical Meeting of the Rubber Division, ACS” on 14th – 16th October, 2008 at Louisville, Kentucky, USA.
- Pradip K. Maji, Nisith K. Das, Anil K. Bhowmick; Effect of microstructure of hyperbranched polyol and clay loading on gas permeation of polyurethane nanocomposites, “5th International Conference, India Rubber Expo-2009” on 28th – 31st January, 2009 at Hyatt Regency, Kolkata-700098, India.
- Prasanta K. Guchhait, Sudip Pradhan, K. Dinesh Kumar, Pradip K. Maji, Anil K. Bhowmick; Influence of nanoclay on the adhesive behavior of epoxy modified polysulfide elastomer, “5th International Conference, India Rubber Expo-2009” on 28th – 31st January, 2009 at Hyatt Regency, Kolkata-700098, India.
- G. Rajesh, Mithun Bhattacharya, Pradip K. Maji, Anusuya Chaudhary and Anil K. Bhowmick; Structure property relationship of liquid silicone rubber (LSR) vulcanizates and its nanocomposites, “5th International Conference, India Rubber Expo-2009” on 28th – 31st January, 2009 at Hyatt Regency, Kolkata-700098, India.
- Anil K. Bhowmick, M. Bhattacharya, S. Mitra, P. K. Maji, A. Choudhury, J. J. George, G. C. Basak, K. Dinesh Kumar; Rubber based nanocomposites: some recent examples, “International Rubber Conference–2009 (IRC–2009)”, on 29th June – 2nd July, 2009, Nuremberg, Germany.
- Pradip K. Maji, Anil K. Bhowmick; “Polyurethane nanocomposites of novel architecture as advanced materials” International Conference on Advances in Polymer Science and Rubber Technology (APSRT-2011), on 3rd March – 5th March, 2011, IIT Kharagpur - 721302, India.
- Pragya Gupta, Madhab Bera, Pradip K. Maji; Poly [(styrene-ethylene-co-butylene)–styrene] block copolymer -sepiolite clay nanocomposites: a novel approach in packaging applications, 68th Annual Session of Indian institute of Chemical Engineers, CHEMCON-2015, 27-30th December 2015, IIT Guwahati- 781039, India.
- Akshay Kumar Sharma, Madhab Bera, Pradip K. Maji; Thermo mechanical characterization of fluoroelastomer layered silicate nanocomposite, International Conference on Advancements in Polymeric Materials, APM 2016, 12-14th February 2016, CIPET Ahmedabad- 382445, India.
- Bhag Chand Regar, Pragya Gupta, Chandravati, Pradip K. Maji; Influence of nanosilica on thermomechanical properties of poly-[styrene– (ethylene-co-butylene)–styrene] block copolymer, International Conference on Advancements in Polymeric Materials, APM 2016, 12-14th February 2016, CIPET Ahmedabad - 382445, India.
- Chandravati, Pradip K. Maji; Eco-bio nanotechnology in Forest Biomaterials Cellulose Nanofibers, International Conference on Materials Science & Technology 2016, 01-04th March 2016, Delhi University, New Delhi- 110021, India.
- Madhab Bera, Pradip K. Maji; Facile method for the preparation of graphene oxide, reduced graphene oxide and their detailed characterization, International Conference on Materials Science & Technology 2016, 01-04th March 2016, Delhi University, New Delhi- 110021, India.