- Nanomaterials synthesis:, Cellulose nanofibres, graphene, silver nanoparticles, gold nanoparticles, ZnO nanoparticles
- Polymer Nanocomposites, based on synthesized nanomaterials and commercial nanoclay, nanosilica, CNT, nanofibre
- Smart polymers, Polymer synthesis & modification
- High performances polymer nanocomposites, Properties & speciality applications
- Self healing polymer, Synthesis and applications in space and aircraft industry
- Graphene based nanocomposites, For energy applications
- Rubber Technology:, Aircraft Industry
- Polyurethanes, Hyperbranched polymer
|July, 2014||till date||Assistant Professor||Dept. of Polymer & Process Engineering, IIT Roorkee|
|May 2017||till date||Associated Faculty||Centre of Nanotechnology, IIT Roorkee|
|Jan 2010||July 2014||Scientist||Indian Air Force, Ministry of Defence (DRDO), Govt of India|
|June 2006||Jan 2010||Junior Project Officer||Rubber Technology Centre, IIT Kharagpur|
|Young Researcher Award||Polymer Processing Society, USA||2018|
|Expert Panel Member||Indian Polyurethane Association (IPUA) Technical Centre, Pune, India||2016|
|Commendation by Air Officer Commanding in Chief, Maintenance Command||Indian Air Force||2014|
|Biography published in Who's Who in the World 2014||Marquis Who's Who Publication, USA||2014|
|Six Sigma Green Belt||RS OTIFAS Pvt Ltd||2013|
|Best Poster Award||Rubber Technology Centre, IIT Kharagpur||2010|
|University Gold Medal in M.Tech.||University of Calcutta||2006|
|B. Tech.||Polymer Science & Technology||University of Calcutta||2004|
|M. Tech.||Polymer Science & Technology||University of Calcutta||2006|
|PhD||Polymer Nanocomposites||IIT Kharagpur||2012|
|2015||till date||Faculty In-charge, Central Instrument Facility||IIT Roorkee, Saharanpur Campus|
|Aug 2018||till date||Faculty Advisor, Sports||IIT Roorkee, Saharanpur Campus|
|Oct 2017||till date||Faculty Advisor, SPIC MACAY||IIT Roorkee, Saharanpur Campus|
|2018||till date||Faculty-in-Charge: Training & Placement||Dept of Polymer and Process Engineering, IIT Roorkee|
|2015||2016||Faculty In-charge, Time Table||IIT Roorkee, Saharanpur Campus|
|Preparation and Characterization of Polymer Nanocomposites as Shape Memory Applications||SRIC, IIT Roorkee||2015|
|Cellulose nanofibres extraction from waste forest biomaterials and its applications in biomedical||SERB, DST, Govt of India||2016|
|Inspection of GPIs through technical institutes/CPCB for compliance verification of effluent dischar||Central Pollution Control Board, Govt of India||2017|
- The Aeronautical Society of India, Life Member
- The Society for Polymer Science, India, Life Member
- The Indian Science Congress Association, Life Member
- American Chemical Society, USA, Member
- Polymer Processing Society, USA, Member
|Title||Course Code||Class Name||Semester|
|Elastomer Science & Rubber Technology||PP-453||Int. M. Tech. (4th Year)||Autumn|
|Polymer Processing II||PP-452||Int. M. Tech. (4th Year)||Spring|
|Properties of Polymers||PE-317||B. Tech. (3rd Year)||Autumn|
|Polymer Rheology||PE-326||B. Tech. (3rd Year)||Spring|
|Polymer Rheology||PE-206||B. Tech. (2nd Year)||Spring|
|Functional Polymers||PE-415||B. Tech. (4th Year)||Autumn|
|Elastomer Science & Rubber Technology||PE-417||B. Tech. (4th Year)||Autumn|
|Title of Project||Names of Students|
|Influence of phase modifiers and different additives on morphology and properties of TPE||Animesh Chandra|
|Effects of nanoparticles on morphology and properties of polymer nanocomposites||Naveen Kumar Chandra|
|SEBS block copolymer-sepiolite clay nanocomposites: A novel approach in packaging applications||Pragya Gupta|
|Nanotailoring of fluoroelastomer layered silicate nanocomposites||Akshay Kumar Sharma|
|Preparation and properties of SEBS triblock copolymer silica nanocomposites||Bhag Chand Regar|
|Synthesis of Polyaniline/Graphene oxide Nano-composite for supercapacitor applications||Nehal Nupnar and P Nihal|
|Engage-clay nanocomposites: preparation and characterization||Hemant Saini and Rahul Tomar|
|Madhab Bera||Graphene based nanocomposites|
|Chandravati||Nano-cellulose based bio-nanocomposites|
|R. Divya||Self healing polymer|
|Pragya Gupta||Nanocomposites as superabsorbent materials|
|Shubham||Nanocellulose in polymer nanocomposites for biomedical applications|
|Uttam Saha||Graphene based materials|
|Tejvir Tagya||Bio-nanocomposites for packaging applications|
|Gaurav Kumar||Graphene based nanocomposites for energy applications|
|Ayush Bhardwaj||Butyl rubber graphene nanocomposites for specialty military applications|
|Amit Patel||Butyl rubber graphene nanocomposites for specialty military applications|
|Topic||Scholar Name||Status of PHD||Registration Year|
|Structure-property relationships in graphene based polymer nanocomposites||Madhab Bera||O||2015|
|Cellulose nanofibers extraction from waste forest biomaterials and its potential use in polymer nan||Chandravati Yadav||O||2015|
|Self-healing polymers based on embedded microencapsulation and ionomers||R. Divya||O||2016|
|Preparation and Properties of Nanocellulose based composites||Pragya Gupta||O||2016|
|Development of graphene based materials for supercapacitor applications||Uttam Saha||O||2017|
|Nanocellulose and its applications||Monika Chhajed||O||2017|
|Polymer nanocomposites||Arjun Prabhakar||O||2018|
|Speciality polymers||Chhavi Verma||O||2018|
|Conference Name||Sponsored By||Date|
|Advanced Aerospace Materials: Processing, Characterization and Applications||AICTE, Govt of India||1-5 Jun 15|
|Communication Strategies for Scientists and Engineers in the Era of Globalization||AICTE, Govt of India||4-8 Jun 18|
1. M. Bera, P. Gupta, PK Maji*, Chapter 14: Structural/Load-bearing Characteristics of Polymer-Carbon Composites, in Carbon-Containing Polymer Composites, Springer Nature Singapore Pte. Ltd., DOI: 10.1007/978-981-13-2688-2 (2018)
2. A. K. Bhowmick, M. Bhattacharya, S. Mitra, K. Dinesh Kumar, P. K. Maji, A. Choudhury, J. J. George, G. C. Basak “Morphology – Property Relationship in Rubber Based Nanocomposites: Some Recent Developments” in Advances in Polymer Sciences , Volume: Advanced Rubber Composites, 1st Edition, Editors: Gert Heinrich, Brigitte Voit; Publisher: Springer, Germany, 2011, Page No.: 1-83.
1. Pragya Gupta, Balwant Singh, Ashish K Agrawal, PK Maji, Low density and high strength nanofibrillated cellulose aerogel for thermal insulation application, Materials and Design DOI: 10.1016/j.matdes.2018.08.031 (2018)
2. Madhab Bera, Uttam Saha, Ayush Bhardwaj, Pradip K. Maji, Reduced graphene oxide (RGO) induced compatibilization and reinforcement of poly(vinylidene fluoride) (PVDF)-thermoplastic polyurethane (TPU) binary polymer blend, Journal of Applied Polymer Science (DOI: 10.1002/app.47010), 2018
3. R. Divya, PK Maji; Recycling of plastic wastes with poly (ethylene-co-methacrylic acid) copolymer as compatibilizer and their conversion into high-end product; Waste Management DOI: 10.1016/j.wasman.2018.01.018; 2018.
4. Madhab Bera, Chandravati, Pragya Gupta, Pradip K. Maji; Facile One-Pot Synthesis of Graphene Oxide by Sonication Assisted Mechanochemical Approach and Its Surface Chemistry; Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology 18 (2), 902-912, 2018.
5. Siddheswar Rudra, Arpan Kumar Nayak, Rishika Chakraborty, Pradip K. Maji and Mukul Pradhan; Synthesis of Au-V2O5 composite nanowires through the shape transformation of a vanadium (III) metal complex for high-performance solid-state supercapacitors; Inorg. Chem. Front. DOI: /10.1039/C8QI00325D (2018)
6. N. D. Bansod, B. P. Kapgate, P. K. Maji, A. Bandyopadhyay, and C. Das; EPDM rubber toward better silica dispersion and reinforcement; Rubber Chemistry and Technology, DOI: 10.5254/rct.18.81564, 2018.
7. C Yadav, A Saini, PK Maji; Cellulose nanofibres as biomaterial for nano-reinforcement of poly [styrene-(ethylene-co-butylene)-styrene] triblock copolymer, Cellulose 25 (1), 449-46, 2018.
8. S. Ghosh, S. Ganguly, S. Remanan, S. Mondal, S. Jana, P. K Maji, N. K. Singha, N. C Das; Ultra-light weight, water durable and flexible highly electrical conductive polyurethane foam for superior electromagnetic interference shielding materials; Journal of Materials Science: Materials in Electronics 29, 10177-10189 (2018)
9. C Yadav, A Saini, M Bera, PK Maji; Thermo-analytical characterizations of biodiesel produced from edible and non-edible oils; Fuel Processing Technology 167, 395-403; 2017.
10. M Bera, PK Maji; Effect of structural disparity of graphene-based materials on thermo-mechanical and surface properties of thermoplastic polyurethane nanocomposites;Polymer 119, 118-133; 2017.
11. A Saini, C Yadav, M Bera, P Gupta, PK Maji; Maleic anhydride grafted linear low‐density polyethylene/waste paper powder composites with superior mechanical behavior; Journal of Applied Polymer Science 134 (31); 2017.
12. Avijit Kumar Paul, Rajendiran Kanagaraj, Ajay Jana, Pradip K. Maji; Novel Amine Templated Three-Dimensional Zinc-Organophosphonates with Variable Pore-Openings; CrystEngComm 19 (43), 6425-6435, 2017.
13. C Yadav, A Saini, PK Maji; Energy efficient facile extraction process of cellulose nanofibres and their dimensional characterization using light scattering techniques;Carbohydrate Polymers 165, 276-284, 2017.
14. P Gupta, M Bera, PK Maji; Nanotailoring of sepiolite clay with poly [styrene‐b‐(ethylene‐co‐butylene)‐b‐styrene]: structure–property correlation; Polymers for Advanced Technologies 28 (11), 1428-1437, 2017.
15. PK Maji, AK Bhowmick; Structure–property correlation of polyurethane nanocomposites: Influence of loading and nature of nanosilica and microstructure of hyperbranched polyol; Journal of Applied Polymer Science 127 (6), 4492-4504; 2013.
16. PK Maji, AK Bhowmick; Efficacy of clay content and microstructure of curing agents on the structure–property relationship of new‐generation polyurethane nanocomposites; Polymers for Advanced Technologies 23 (9), 1311-1320; 2012.
17. S Rooj, GC Basak, PK Maji, AK Bhowmick; New route for devulcanization of natural rubber and the properties of devulcanized rubber; Journal of Polymers and the Environment 19 (2), 382-390; 2011.
18. G Rajesh, PK Maji, M Bhattacharya, A Choudhury, N Roy, A Saxena, AK Bhowmick; Liquid Silicone Rubber Vulcanizates: Network Structure-Property Relationship and Cure Kinetics; Polymers & Polymer Composites 18 (9), 477; 2010.
19. PK Guchhait, S Pradhan, KD Kumar, PK Maji, AK Bhowmick; Influence of nanoclay on the morphology, adhesive and mechanical properties of polysulfide modified epoxy resin; Polymers & Polymer Composites 18 (3), 123, 2010.
20. PK Maji, NK Das, AK Bhowmick; Preparation and properties of polyurethane nanocomposites of novel architecture as advanced barrier materials; Polymer 51 (5), 1100-1110, 2010.
21. AK Bhowmick, M Bhattacharya, S Mitra, PK Maji, A Choudhury, JJ George; Rubber Based Nanocomposites: Some Recent Examples; KGK. Kautschuk, Gummi, Kunststoffe 63 (5), 192-196; 2010.
22. S Kar, PK Maji, AK Bhowmick; Chlorinated polyethylene nanocomposites: thermal and mechanical behavior; Journal of Materials Science 45 (1), 64; 2010.
23. AK Bhowmick, M Bhattacharya, S Mitra, KD Kumar, PK Maji, A Choudhury; Morphology–property relationship in rubber-based nanocomposites: some recent developments; Advanced Rubber Composites, 1-83; 2010.
24. PK Maji, PK Guchhait, AK Bhowmick; Effect of nanoclays on physico-mechanical properties and adhesion of polyester-based polyurethane nanocomposites: structure–property correlations; Journal of Materials Science 44 (21), 5861-5871; 2009.
25. PK Maji, AK Bhowmick; Influence of number of functional groups of hyperbranched polyol on cure kinetics and physical properties of polyurethanes; Journal of Polymer Science Part A: Polymer Chemistry 47 (3), 731-745; 2008.
26. PK Maji, PK Guchhait, AK Bhowmick; Effect of the microstructure of a hyperbranched polymer and nanoclay loading on the morphology and properties of novel polyurethane nanocomposites; ACS Applied Materials and Interfaces 1 (2), 289-300; 2008.
Research Paper Published in National/International Conference Proceedings
1. Chandravati Yadav, Pradip K. Maji; Nanocellulose for sustainable future in advanced Polymer nanocomposites, 34th International Conference of the Polymer Processing Society (PPS-34), 21-25th May 2018, Taipei, Taiwan.
2. Madhab Bera, Pradip K. Maji; Efficacy of ultra low loading of modified graphene oxide on physico-mechanical properties of glycidol terminated polyurethane nanocomposites aiming to high performance applications, 34th International Conference of the Polymer Processing Society (PPS-34), 21-25th May 2018, Taipei, Taiwan.
3. Divya Rajasekaran, Pradip K. Maji; Blending of polyethylene terephthalate bottle waste along with polyethylene bag scraps using ionomers into secondary product as an efficient plastic reuse, International Conference on Advances in Polymer Science & Technology (APA-2017), 23-25th November 2017, Radisson Blue Hotel, Dwarka, New Delhi, India
4. Madhab Bera, Pradip K. Maji; Reactive functionalization of graphene based materials with thermoplastic polyurethane: Effect of nanomaterial structure on final properties, International Conference on Advances in Polymer Science & Technology (APA-2017), 23-25th November 2017, Radisson Blue Hotel, Dwarka, New Delhi, India.
5. Pragya Gupta, Pradip K. Maji; Thermally Insulating and Compressible Aerogel prepared from Nanofibrillated Cellulose, ACS on campus , 7th February 2018, IIT Roorkee- 247667, India
6. Madhab Bera, Pradip K. Maji; Graphene induced compatabilization of polymer blend based on poly (vinylidene fluoride) and thermoplastic polyurethane, International Conference on Nanotechnology: Ideas, Innovations and Initiatives-2017 (ICN:3I-2017), 6-8th December 2017, IIT Roorkee, India.
7. Pragya Gupta, Pradip K. Maji; Ultralight and highly flexible aerogel based on cellulose nanofibers, International conference on Nanotechnology: Ideas, Innovation& Initiatives-2017 (ICN:3I), 6-8th December 2017, IIT Roorkee- 247667, India.
8. Divya Rajasekaran, Pradip K. Maji; Autonomic Healing of Polymers with Embedded Microcapsules, , International conference on Polymer Science and Technology (MACRO 2017),8th - 11thJan 2017, Kerala, India.
9. Chandravati Yadav, Pradip K. Maji; Nanotechnological push for reimagining trees: cellulose nanomaterial from waste wood resources for preparing high performance thermoplastic elastomer nanocomposites. International Conference on Advances in Materials & Processing: Challenges & Opportunities (AMPCO 2017), 30th Nov - 2nd Dec 2017, Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, Roorkee, India (Awarded as best poster)
10. Pradip K. Maji; Elastomers in aviation and aerospace applications; Recent advancement in moulded and extruded goods technology, Page no: 12; 9th Sep 2017; Kolkata
11.Pradip K. Maji; Nanocellulose as a Fascinating Biopolymer in Advanced Polymer Nanocomposites; Functional electroceramics and polymers (ICEP -2017), Page no: 26; 20-22 Feb 2017, IIT Kharagpur
12. Chandravati Yadav, Arun Saini, Pradip K. Maji; Cellulose nanofibres: A value added forest product for enhancing the mechanical strength of poly [styrene- (ethylene-co-butylene)–styrene]” triblock copolymer. 19th Commonwealth Forestry Conference, Page no: 34; 3rd - 7th April 2017, Forest Research Institute, Dehradun, India
13. Chandravati Yadav, Arun Saini, Pradip K. Maji; A sustainable material with great future: nanocellulose; Harnessing Engineering, Technology, & Innovation for Sustainable Growth (HETIS-2016); Page no: 11; 30th Sep 16 to 02 Oct 17, PU, Chandigarh
14. Arun Saini, Chandravati Yadav, Pradip K. Maji; Waste papers as potential reinforcer for the fabrication of high strength polymeric composite material. 19th Commonwealth Forestry Conference, Page No: 28; 3rd - 7th April 2017, Forest Research Institute, Dehradun, India.
15. Chandravati Yadav, Arun Saini, Pradip K. Maji; Comparative study of biodiesel produced from edible and non-edible oils through their physiochemical properties, National Symposium on Shaping the Energy Future: Challenges and Opportunities (SEFCO-2017), Page No: 58; 11th - 12th May 2017, CSIR-Indian Institute of Petroleum, Dehradun, India.
16. Chandravati, Pradip K. Maji; Eco-bio nanotechnology in Forest Biomaterials Cellulose Nanofibers, International Conference on Materials Science & Technology 2016, Page No: 122; 01-04th March 2016, Delhi University, New Delhi- 110021, India.
17. Madhab Bera, Pradip K. Maji; Facile method for the preparation of graphene oxide, reducedgraphene oxide and their detailed characterization, International Conference on Materials Science & Technology 2016, Page No: 155; 01-04th March 2016, Delhi University, New Delhi- 110021, India.
18. Madhab Bera, Pradip K. Maji; One pot synthesis of graphene oxide by sonication assisted mechanochemical approach, International conference on Functional Materialss, ICFM-2016, 88; Page No:12 – 14th December 2016, IIT Kharagpur- 721302, India.
19. Akshay Kumar Sharma, Madhab Bera, Pradip K. Maji; Thermo mechanical characterization of fluoroelastomer layered silicate nanocomposite, International Conference on Advancements in Polymeric Materials, APM 2016, Page No: 46; 12-14th February 2016, CIPET Ahmedabad- 382445, India
20. Bhag Chand Regar, Pragya Gupta, Chandravati, Pradip K. Maji; Influence of nanosilica on thermomechanical properties of poly-[styrene– (ethylene-co-butylene)–styrene] block copolymer, International Conference on Advancements in Polymeric Materials, APM 2016, Page No: 19; 12-14th February 2016, CIPET Ahmedabad - 382445, India.
21. Pragya Gupta, Madhab Bera, Pradip K. Maji; Poly [(styrene-ethylene-co-butylene)–styrene] blockcopolymer -sepiolite clay nanocomposites: a novel approachin packaging applications, 68th Annual Session of Indian institute of Chemical Engineers, CHEMCON-2015, Page No: 78; 27-30th December 2015, IIT Guwahati- 781039, India.
22. Anil K. Bhowmick, M. Bhattacharya, S. Mitra, P. K. Maji, A. Choudhury, J. J. George, G. C. Basak, K. Dinesh Kumar; Rubber based nanocomposites: some recent examples, International Rubber Conference-2009 (IRC-2009), on 29th June - 2nd July, 2009, Nuremberg, Germany
23. Pradip K. Maji, Anil K. Bhowmick; “Polyurethane nanocomposites of novel architecture as advanced materials” International Conference on Advances in Polymer Science and Rubber Technology (APSRT-2011), on 3rd March-5th March, 2011, IIT Kharagpur - 721302, India.
24. Pradip K. Maji, Nisith K. Das, Anil K. Bhowmick; “Effect of microstructure of hyperbranched polyol and clay loading on gas permeation of polyurethane nanocomposites”, 5th International Conference, India Rubber Expo-2009 on 28th - 31st January, 2009 at Hyatt Regency, Kolkata-700098, India.
25. Prasanta K. Guchhait, Sudip Pradhan, K. Dinesh Kumar, Pradip K. Maji, Anil K. Bhowmick; Influence of nanoclay on the adhesive behavior of epoxy modified polysulfide elastomer, 5th International Conference, India Rubber Expo-2009 on 28th - 31st January, 2009 at Hyatt Regency, Kolkata-700098, India.
26. G. Rajesh, Mithun Bhattacharya, Pradip K. Maji, Anusuya Chaudhary and Anil K. Bhowmick; Structure property relationship of liquid silicone rubber (LSR) vulcanizates and its nanocomposites, 5th International Conference, India Rubber Expo-2009 on 28th - 31st January, 2009 at Hyatt Regency, Kolkata-700098, India.
27. Pradip K. Maji, Anil K. Bhowmick; “Morphology and thermo-mechanical response of polyurethane nanocomposites containing hyperbranched polymer”, Fall 174th Technical Meeting of the Rubber Division, ACS on 14th - 16th October, 2008 at Louisville, Kentucky, USA.
28. Pradip K. Maji, Prasanta K. Guchhait, Anil K. Bhowmick; “Morphology, structure and properties of polyurethane/layered silicate nanocomposites”, in International Conference of Rubber and Rubber Like Materials on 8th -10th January,2008 at RTC, IIT Kharagpur-721302.
29. Prasanta K. Guchhait, Pradip K. Maji, Anil K. Bhowmick; “Nanocomposites of polyester polyurethane: effect of organically modified montmorillonite (OMMT) on morphology, mechanical and barrier properties” International Conference of Rubber and Rubber Like Materials on 8th -10th January, 2008 at IIT Kharagpur, Kharagpur-721302, India.
30. Pradip K. Maji, Prasanta K. Guchhait, Anil K. Bhowmick; “Molecular engineering in polyurethane based layered silicate nanocomposites for space application” Conference on Advances in Space Science and Technology on 14th - 16th January, 2008 at KCSTC, IIT Kharagpur-721302, India.
31. S. Maji, P K. Maji, B. Adhikari; “Bio degradation study of polyethylene film” a poster presentation at Polymer-2006, March 1-3, 2006 at Indian Institute for the Cultivation Science, Kolkata. India.
32. Pradip K. Maji, Prasanta K. Guchhait, Anil K. Bhowmick; “Nanolayer reinforcement of elastomeric polyurethane network”, India International Rubber Conference on 1st -3rd November, 2007 at Udaipur- 313001, Rajasthan, India.