- Nanomaterials synthesis:, Cellulose nanofibres, graphene, silver nanoparticles, gold nanoparticles, ZnO nanoparticles
- Polymer Nanocomposites, based on synthesized nanomaterials and commercial nanoclay, nanosilica, CNT, nanofibre
- Smart polymers, Polymer synthesis & modification
- High performances polymer nanocomposites, Properties & speciality applications
- Self healing polymer, Synthesis and applications in space and aircraft industry
- Graphene based nanocomposites, For energy applications
- Rubber Technology:, Aircraft Industry
- Polyurethanes, Hyperbranched polymer
|July, 2014||till date||Assistant Professor||Dept. of Polymer & Process Engineering, IIT Roorkee|
|Jan 2010||July 2014||Scientist||Indian Air Force, Ministry of Defence (DRDO), Govt of India|
|June 2006||Jan 2010||Junior Project Officer||Rubber Technology Centre, IIT Kharagpur|
|Expert Panel Member||Indian Polyurethane Association (IPUA) Technical Centre, Pune, India||2016|
|Editor||SciFed Journal of Polymerscience||2017|
|Associate Editor||MOJ Polymer Journal, USA||2016|
|Commendation by Air Officer Commanding in Chief, Maintenance Command||Indian Air Force||2014|
|Biography published in Who's Who in the World 2014||Marquis Who's Who Publication, USA||2014|
|Six Sigma Green Belt||RS OTIFAS Pvt Ltd||2013|
|Best Poster Award||Rubber Technology Centre, IIT Kharagpur||2010|
|University Gold Medal in M.Tech.||University of Calcutta||2006|
|B. Tech.||Polymer Science & Technology||University of Calcutta||2004|
|M. Tech.||Polymer Science & Technology||University of Calcutta||2006|
|PhD||Polymer Nanocomposites||IIT Kharagpur||2012|
|Preparation and Characterization of Polymer Nanocomposites as Shape Memory Applications||SRIC, IIT Roorkee||2015|
|Cellulose nanofibres extraction from waste forest biomaterials and its applications in biomedical||SERB, DST, Govt of India||2016|
|Inspection of GPIs through technical institutes/CPCB for compliance verification of effluent dischar||Central Pollution Control Board, Govt of India||2017|
- The Aeronautical Society of India, Life Member
- The Society for Polymer Science, India, Life Member
- The Indian Science Congress Association, Life Member
- American Chemical Society, USA, Member
- Polymer Processing Society, USA, Member
|Title||Course Code||Class Name||Semester|
|Elastomer Science & Rubber Technology||PP-453||Int. M. Tech. (4th Year)||Autumn|
|Polymer Processing II||PP-452||Int. M. Tech. (4th Year)||Spring|
|Properties of Polymers||PE-317||B. Tech. (3rd Year)||Autumn|
|Polymer Rheology||PE-326||B. Tech. (3rd Year)||Spring|
|Polymer Rheology||PE-206||B. Tech. (2nd Year)||Spring|
|Functional Polymers||PE-415||B. Tech. (4th Year)||Autumn|
|Elastomer Science & Rubber Technology||PE-417||B. Tech. (4th Year)||Autumn|
|Title of Project||Names of Students|
|Influence of phase modifiers and different additives on morphology and properties of TPE||Animesh Chandra|
|Effects of nanoparticles on morphology and properties of polymer nanocomposites||Naveen Kumar Chandra|
|SEBS block copolymer-sepiolite clay nanocomposites: A novel approach in packaging applications||Pragya Gupta|
|Nanotailoring of fluoroelastomer layered silicate nanocomposites||Akshay Kumar Sharma|
|Preparation and properties of SEBS triblock copolymer silica nanocomposites||Bhag Chand Regar|
|Synthesis of Polyaniline/Graphene oxide Nano-composite for supercapacitor applications||Nehal Nupnar and P Nihal|
|Engage-clay nanocomposites: preparation and characterization||Hemant Saini and Rahul Tomar|
|Madhab Bera||Graphene based nanocomposites|
|Chandravati||Nano-cellulose based bio-nanocomposites|
|R. Divya||Self healing polymer|
|Pragya Gupta||Nanocomposites as superabsorbent materials|
|Shubham||Nanocellulose in polymer nanocomposites for biomedical applications|
|Uttam Saha||Graphene based materials|
|Tejvir Tagya||Bio-nanocomposites for packaging applications|
|Gaurav Kumar||Graphene based nanocomposites for energy applications|
|Ayush Bhardwaj||Butyl rubber graphene nanocomposites for specialty military applications|
|Amit Patel||Butyl rubber graphene nanocomposites for specialty military applications|
|Topic||Scholar Name||Status of PHD||Registration Year|
|Structure-property relationships in graphene based polymer nanocomposites||Madhab Bera||O||2015|
|Cellulose nanofibers extraction from waste forest biomaterials and its potential use in polymer nan||Chandravati Yadav||O||2015|
|Self-healing polymers based on embedded microencapsulation and ionomers||R. Divya||O||2016|
|Cellulose nanofibers in biomedical applications||Pragya Gupta||O||2016|
|Development of graphene based materials for supercapacitor applications||Uttam Saha||O||2017|
|Couse Name||Sponsored By||Date|
|Materials for Advanced Application||AICTE, Govt of india||Sep 2014|
|Issues and Advancements of De-icing and Anti-icing Systems||SASE, DRDO & CRREL, US Army Crops of Engineers, USA||Feb 2013|
|Design Development Upgradation of Airborne System||RCMA, DRDO, Govt o India||Nov 2012|
|Conference Name||Sponsored By||Date|
|Advanced Aerospace Materials: Processing, Characterization and Applications||AICTE, Govt of India||1-5 Jun 15|
1. A. K. Bhowmick, M. Bhattacharya, S. Mitra, K. Dinesh Kumar, P. K. Maji, A. Choudhury, J. J. George, G. C. Basak “Morphology – Property Relationship in Rubber Based Nanocomposites: Some Recent Developments” in Advances in Polymer Sciences , Volume: Advanced Rubber Composites, 1st Edition, Editors: Gert Heinrich, Brigitte Voit; Publisher: Springer, Germany, 2011, Page No.: 1-83.
1. R Divya, PK Maji; Recycling of plastic wastes with poly (ethylene-co-methacrylic acid) copolymer as compatibilizer and their conversion into high-end product; Waste Management DOI: 10.1016/j.wasman.2018.01.018; 2018.
2. Madhab Bera, Chandravati, Pragya Gupta, Pradip K. Maji; Facile One-Pot Synthesis of Graphene Oxide by Sonication Assisted Mechanochemical Approach and Its Surface Chemistry; Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology 18 (2), 902-912, 2018.
3. N. D. Bansod, B. P. Kapgate, P. K. Maji, A. Bandyopadhyay, and C. Das; EPDM rubber toward better silica dispersion and reinforcement; Rubber Chemistry and Technology, DOI: 10.5254/rct.18.81564, 2018.
4. C Yadav, A Saini, PK Maji; Cellulose nanofibres as biomaterial for nano-reinforcement of poly [styrene-(ethylene-co-butylene)-styrene] triblock copolymer, Cellulose 25 (1), 449-46, 2018.
5. S. Ghosh, S. Ganguly, S. Remanan, S. Mondal, S. Jana, P. K Maji, N. K. Singha, N. C Das; Ultra-light weight, water durable and flexible highly electrical conductive polyurethane foam for superior electromagnetic interference shielding materials; Journal of Materials Science: Materials in Electronics (Article in press 2018)
6. C Yadav, A Saini, M Bera, PK Maji; Thermo-analytical characterizations of biodiesel produced from edible and non-edible oils; Fuel Processing Technology 167, 395-403; 2017.
7. M Bera, PK Maji; Effect of structural disparity of graphene-based materials on thermo-mechanical and surface properties of thermoplastic polyurethane nanocomposites;Polymer 119, 118-133; 2017.
8. A Saini, C Yadav, M Bera, P Gupta, PK Maji; Maleic anhydride grafted linear low‐density polyethylene/waste paper powder composites with superior mechanical behavior;Journal of Applied Polymer Science 134 (31); 2017.
9. Avijit Kumar Paul, Rajendiran Kanagaraj, Ajay Jana, Pradip K. Maji; Novel Amine Templated Three-Dimensional Zinc-Organophosphonates with Variable Pore-Openings; CrystEngComm 19 (43), 6425-6435, 2017.
10. M Bera, PK Maji; Graphene-Based Polymer Nanocomposites: Materials for Future Revolution; MOJ Polymer Science 1 (3), 1-4; 2017.
11. C Yadav, A Saini, PK Maji; Energy efficient facile extraction process of cellulose nanofibres and their dimensional characterization using light scattering techniques;Carbohydrate Polymers 165, 276-284, 2017.
12. P Gupta, M Bera, PK Maji; Nanotailoring of sepiolite clay with poly [styrene‐b‐(ethylene‐co‐butylene)‐b‐styrene]: structure–property correlation; Polymers for Advanced Technologies 28 (11), 1428-1437, 2017.
13. PK Maji, AK Bhowmick; Structure–property correlation of polyurethane nanocomposites: Influence of loading and nature of nanosilica and microstructure of hyperbranched polyol; Journal of Applied Polymer Science 127 (6), 4492-4504; 2013.
14. PK Maji, AK Bhowmick; Efficacy of clay content and microstructure of curing agents on the structure–property relationship of new‐generation polyurethane nanocomposites; Polymers for Advanced Technologies 23 (9), 1311-1320; 2012.
15. S Rooj, GC Basak, PK Maji, AK Bhowmick; New route for devulcanization of natural rubber and the properties of devulcanized rubber; Journal of Polymers and the Environment 19 (2), 382-390; 2011.
16. G Rajesh, PK Maji, M Bhattacharya, A Choudhury, N Roy, A Saxena, AK Bhowmick; Liquid Silicone Rubber Vulcanizates: Network Structure-Property Relationship and Cure Kinetics;Polymers & Polymer Composites 18 (9), 477; 2010.
17. PK Guchhait, S Pradhan, KD Kumar, PK Maji, AK Bhowmick; Influence of nanoclay on the morphology, adhesive and mechanical properties of polysulfide modified epoxy resin; Polymers & Polymer Composites 18 (3), 123, 2010.
18. PK Maji, NK Das, AK Bhowmick; Preparation and properties of polyurethane nanocomposites of novel architecture as advanced barrier materials; Polymer 51 (5), 1100-1110, 2010.
19. AK Bhowmick, M Bhattacharya, S Mitra, PK Maji, A Choudhury, JJ George; Rubber Based Nanocomposites: Some Recent Examples; KGK. Kautschuk, Gummi, Kunststoffe 63 (5), 192-196; 2010.
20. S Kar, PK Maji, AK Bhowmick; Chlorinated polyethylene nanocomposites: thermal and mechanical behavior; Journal of Materials Science 45 (1), 64; 2010.
21. AK Bhowmick, M Bhattacharya, S Mitra, KD Kumar, PK Maji, A Choudhury; Morphology–property relationship in rubber-based nanocomposites: some recent developments; Advanced Rubber Composites, 1-83; 2010.
22. PK Maji, PK Guchhait, AK Bhowmick; Effect of nanoclays on physico-mechanical properties and adhesion of polyester-based polyurethane nanocomposites: structure–property correlations; Journal of Materials Science 44 (21), 5861-5871; 2009.
23. PK Maji, AK Bhowmick; Influence of number of functional groups of hyperbranched polyol on cure kinetics and physical properties of polyurethanes; Journal of Polymer Science Part A: Polymer Chemistry 47 (3), 731-745; 2008.
24. PK Maji, PK Guchhait, AK Bhowmick; Effect of the microstructure of a hyperbranched polymer and nanoclay loading on the morphology and properties of novel polyurethane nanocomposites; ACS applied materials & interfaces 1 (2), 289-300; 2008.