- 29Th August at 6:15 PM in Bose Auditorium: C V Raman memorial lecture on "Physics is alive, well and kicking" by Prof. T.V. Ramakrishnan Posted On: 24 Aug, 2018
- Time Table Autumn 2018-19 Posted On: 10 Jul, 2018
- International Meeting on Energy Storage Devices (IMESD-2018) during 10-12 December, 2018 (www.imesd18.in) Posted On: 10 Jul, 2018
The Department of Physics from its modest beginning in 1960 has now grown in to an active center of quality teaching and research. Today it stands as one of the leading departments in the country, well known for its excellence in teaching and research. The Department runs five year integrated M.Sc. (Physics) , two year M.Sc. (Physics) and M. Tech. (Solid State Electronic Materials) programs apart from catering the teaching of core Physics courses to undergraduate engineering students.
The faculty of the Department are actively engaged in different areas of research viz. Atmospheric and Space Physics, Atomic and Molecular Physics, Condensed Matter Physics, Nuclear Physics, Optics and Theoretical High Energy Physics.
The Department organizes national and international conferences from time to time. The research activity in the department is well recognized by CSIR, AICTE, DST and ISRO and a number of research projects funded by these agencies are always in progress in the department.
- Accelerator Physics
- Atmospheric and Space Physics
- Atomic and Molecular Collision Physics
- Condensed Matter Physics
- Fiber Optics & Photonics
- High Energy Physics
- Laser Physics
- Nuclear Physics
- Smart Materials