Areas of Interest
- Condensed matter theory:, Correlated electronic systems, quantum many body, electronic structure of novel materials
|2002-10-01||1 year 9 months 30 days||Guest Scientist||Max Planck Institute for Physics of Complex Systems|
|2004-08-01||1 year 11 months 30 days||Post-doctoral research fellow||J. W. Goethe University, Frankfurt, Germany|
|2006-09-01||1 year 11 months 30 days||Post-doctoral research fellow||Twente University, Enschede, The Netherlands|
|2008-09-04||5 years 6 months 30 days||Assistant Professor||I.I.T. Roorkee|
|2014-04-04||6 years 4 months 5 days||Associate Professor||I.I.T. Roorkee|
|Ph.D.||Condensed Matter Theory||I. I. T. - Kharagpur||2003|
Sponsored Research Projects
|Topic||Funding Agency||Start Date||Period|
|Competing and coexisting long range orders in certain correlated systems||CSIR||2012-09||3 years 5 months|
|Magnetic and orbital order in certain spinel oxides from first principles||DST, India||2010-03||2 years 11 months|
|Effect of electronic correlation in magnetically frustrated systems||SRIC,IITR||2009-10||2 years 11 months|
|Investigation of magnetism in NdMn0.5Fe0.5O3 and Nd2MnFeO6||UGC-DAE||2016-01||2 years 11 months|
|Investigation of photodoping effect in complex oxide thin films and multilayers||SERB||2016-09||2 years 11 months|
|Developing gradient exchange correlation kernel in Time-Dependent Density Functional Theory (TDDFT)||DST-DAAD||2018-07||1 year 11 months|
Participation in seminars
|New generation strongly correlated electronic systems||San Sebastian, Spain||IIT Roorkee||2020-08|
|EUROMAT-2017||Thessaloniki, Greece||IIT Roorkee||2020-08|
|Itinerant Spin-Orbital Systems: From Magnetic Frustration to Novel Superconductivity||Max Planck Institute for Physics of Complex Systems, Dresden, Germany||IIT Roorkee||2012-01|
|ICTS condensed matter programme||Infosys campus, Mysore||ICTS, Bangalore||2010-01|
|Recent Advances in Quantum Condensed Matter||School of Physics, J.N.U.||JNU||2020-08|
|International conference on Physics and Chemistry of Oxide Materials||S.N.Bose National Centre for Basic Sciences, Kolkata||SNBCBS, Kolkata||2009-01|
|Title||Course Code||Class Name||Semester|
|Condensed Matter Physics||PHN-504||MSc I||Spring|
|Quantum Theory of Solids||PHN-627||MSc II||Autumn|
|Superfluidity and superconductivity||PHN-606||MSc II||Autumn|
|Physics of nanosystems||PHN-604||MSc II||Spring|
|Quantum Physics||PHN-211||B Tech (Engg. Phys) II yr||Autumn|
Research Scholar Groups
|Sarita Rajput||Magnetic and structural transitions, magnetocaloric effect|
|Mukesh Kumar Sharma||Correlated electronic systems|
|Amarjyoti Choudhury||Correlated electronic systems|
|Srishti||Magnetic materials, electronic structure calculations|
|Topic||Scholar Name||Status of PHD||Registration Date|
|Study of extended Falicov-Kimball model on a triangular lattice for correlated systems||Umesh Kumar Yadav||A||2008-01|
|Electronic and magnetic properties of strongly correlated systems||Monika Dhariwal||A||2009-01|
|Magnetic and orbital order in frustrated spinel systems||Ramandeep||A||2009-01|
|Spin dependent Falicov-Kimball model on a triangular lattice||Sant Kumar||A||2010-01|
|Long range orders in correlated systems||Avijeet Ray||A||2013-01|
|Magnetic, orbital and transport properties of certain correlated and frustrated materials||Jyoti Krishna||A||2014-01|
|Magnetic properties of rare-earth and transition metal oxides||Sarita Rajput||O||2015-12|
|Magnetic and multiferroic properties of heterostructures||Mukesh Kumar Sharma||O||2017-07|
|Correlated electronic materials||Mohd. Anas||O||2017-01|
|Correlated electronic materials||Amarjyoti Choudhury||O||2018-01|
|Electronic structure of magnetic materials||Srishti||O||2019-01|
Visits to outside institutions
|Institute Visited||Purpose of Visit||Date|
|Max Planck Institute for Physics of Complex Systems, Dresden, Germany||Research collaboration||2020-08-31|
|Max Born Institute, Berlin, Germany||Research collaboration||2020-08-31|
|Imperial College, London, UK||Research Collaboration||2020-08-31|
|Michigan state university, USA||Research collaboration||2020-08-31|
|NATIONAL WORKSHOP ON RECENT ADVANCES IN CONDENSED MATTER AND HIGH ENERGY PHYSICS (CMHEP-2021)||DEPARTMENT OF PHYSICS, EWING CHRISTIAN COLLEGE, ALLAHABAD & NASI, ALLAHABAD||2021-03|
|Symposium cum meeting on ‘Physics of Strongly Correlated Electron Systems’ during 06-08 March, 2019 at IIT Delhi||IIT Delhi||2019-01|
|Conference on Quantum Condensed Matter (QMAT-2020) (online conference)||S N Bose National Center for Basic Sciences, Kolkata||2020-09|
|National Conference on Quantum Condensed Matter (Q-Mat) in IISER, Mohali from 25th to 27th July, 2018||IISER Mohali||2018-01|
|Symposium cum meeting on ‘Physics of Strongly Correlated Electron Systems’ during 02-04 April, 2018||IIT Mandi||2018-01|
Courses or Conferences Organised
|Conference Name||Sponsored By||Date|
|Recent Advances in Strongly Correlated Electronic Materials||SERB, CSIR, BRNS, TIFR, IMSC||2020-08|
Special Lectures Delivered
|Current Trends in Condensed Matter Physics (CTCMP-2020) (online short term course)||NIT Jalandhar||2020-09|
National International Collaboration
|Multiferroic materials||Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR)|
|Spinel Vanadates||Max Planck Institute for Microstructure Physics, Halle, Germany|
|Magnetocaloric effect||IISER Mohali|
|Strongly correlated electronic systems||IIT Kharagpur|
|Multiferroic oxides||IIT Mandi|
|Correlated Electronic Systems||Institute of Mathematical Science, Chennai|
|Magnetic spinel systems||S.N. Bose centre for basic sciences, Kolkata|
Refereed Journal Papers
1. Experimental and theoretical study of magnetization and magnetocaloric effect in Nd1- xSmxFeO3 (x=0, 0.1, 0.4), Sarita Rajput, Padmanabhan B., Ankita Singh, M. Anas, V. K. Malik and T. Maitra, J. of Applied Physics, 129, 063902 (2021).
2. Origin of destruction of multiferroicity in Tb2BaNiO5 by Sr doping and its implications, Ram Kumar, Sarita Rajput, T. Maitra, A. Hoser, S. Rayaprol, S. K Upadhyay, K. K. Iyer, K. Maiti and E. V. Sampathkumaran, , J. of alloys and comp, 862, 158514 (2021).
3. Successive spin reorientations and rare earth ordering in Nd0.5Dy0.5FeO3: Experimental and ab initio investigations, Ankita Singh*, Sarita Rajput*, Padmanabhan B.*, M. Anas, Francoise Damay, C. M. N. Kumar, Gaku Eguchi, A. Jain, S. M. Yusuf, T. Maitra, and V. K. Malik, Phys. Rev. B, 102, 144432 (2020) (*authors contributed equally).
4. Orbital order and electron itinerancy in CoV2O4 and Mn0.5Co0.5V2O4 from first principles; Jyoti Krishna and T Maitra, ; J. Phys.: Condens. Matter 32, 285501 (2020).
5. Emergence of weak pyrochlore phase and signature of field induced spin ice ground state in Dy2− xLaxZr2O7; x = 0, 0.15, 0.3; Sheetal, Anzar Ali, Sarita Rajput, Yogesh Singh, T Maitra and C S Yadav; J. Phys.: Condens. Matter 32, 365804 (2020).
6. Phonon dispersion, Raman spectra, and evidence for spin-phonon coupling in MnV2O4 from first principles; Dibyendu Dey, T. Maitra, U. V. Waghmare, and A. Taraphder; Phys. Rev. B 101, 205132 (2020).
7. Complete description of the magnetic ground state in spinel vanadates; Jyoti Krishna, N. Singh, S. Shallcross, J. K. Dewhurst, E. K. U. Gross, T. Maitra, and S. Sharma Phys. Rev. B (Rapid comm.) , 081102(R) (2019).
9. An experimental and theoretical study of magnetocaloric effect in NdDyFeO, , , , , and J. Phys.: Condens. Matter 355802 (2019).
10. Magnetocaloric effects from an interplay of magnetic sublattices in Nd, , , , , , and J. Phys.: Condens. Matter 305803 (2019).NiMnO
11. Existence of a critical canting angle of magnetic moments to induce multiferroicity in the Haldane spin-chain system Tb2BaNiO5; Ram Kumar, Sudhindra Rayaprol, Sarita Rajput, Tulika Maitra, D. T. Adroja, Kartik K. Iyer, Sanjay K. Upadhyay, and E. V. Sampathkumaran,, Phys. Rev. B 99, 100406 (Rapid. comm.) (2019).
12.First-principles study of electronic structure, transport, and optical properties of EuCd2As2; Jyoti Krishna, T. Nautiyal, and T. Maitra, Phys. Rev. B , 125110 (2018).
13. Electronic structure of Pr2MnNiO6 from x-ray photoemission, absorption and density functional theory; P Balasubramanian et al.,Journal of Physics: Condensed Matter 30, 435603 (2018).
14. Rare earth doping and effective band-convergence in SnTe for improved thermoelectric performance; S Acharya, D Dey, T Maitra, A Soni, A Taraphder; Applied Physics Letters 113, 193904 (2018).
15. Quantum criticality associated with dimensional crossover in the iso-electronic series Ca 2-xSrxRuO4, S Acharya, D Dey, T Maitra, A Taraphder, Journal of Physics Communications 2, 075004 (2018).
16.Correlation between multiferroic properties and processing parameters in NdFeO3-PbTiO3 solid solutions Sunil Kumar, Jaswinder Pal, Shubhpreet Kaur, Vandana Sharma, Sajjan Dahiya, P.D.Babu, Mandeep Singh, Avijeet Ray, Tulika Maitra, Anupinder Singh;; Journal of Alloys and Compounds (2018); https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jallcom.2018.06.058
17. Dibyendu Dey, S. Nandy, T. Maitra, C. S. Yadav and A. Taraphder, Nature of spiral state and absence of electric polarisation in Sr-doped YBaCuFeO5 revealed by first-principle study; Scientific Reports 8, 2404 (2018).
18.Ankita Singh, A. Jain, Avijeet Ray, Padmanabhan B., RuchikaYadav, Vivian Nassif, Sajid Husain, S. M. Yusuf, T. Maitra, and V. K. Malik; Spin reorientation in NdFe0.5Mn0.5O3: Neutron scattering and ab initio study; Physical Review B, 144420, 96, (2017).
19. First-Principles Correlated Approach to the Normal State of Strontium Ruthenate, Swagata Acharya, M. S. Laad, Dibyendu Dey, T. Maitra, A. Taraphder; Scientific Reports 7, 43033 (2017).
20.Orbital Ordering in Fe1−xMnxV2O4: A First Principles Study, Dibyendu Dey, T. Maitra, A. Taraphder; Phys. Rev. B 93, 195133 (2016).
21. The role of intra- and inter-site exchange correlations in the extended Falicov–Kimball model on a triangular lattice, Sant Kumar, Umesh K. Yadav, T. Maitra, Ishwar Singh; Solid State Communications 228, 1 (2016).
22. Nature of transport gap and magnetic order in zircon and scheelite type DyCrO4 from first principles, Avijeet Ray and T. Maitra; J. Phys.: Condens. Matter 27, 105501 (2015).
23. Competing electronic states in the high temperature phase of NaTiO2, M. Dhariwal, L. Pisani and T. Maitra; J. Phys.: Condens. Matter 26, 205501 (2014).
24. Study of ground state phases for spin-1/2 Falicov-Kimball model on a triangular lattice, Sant Kumar, Umesh K. Yadav, T. Maitra and I. Singh; Solid State Communications 189C, 21 (2014)
25. The nature of itineracy in CoV2O4: a first principles study, Ramandeep Kaur, T. Maitra and T. Nautiyal; J. Phys. cond. mat. 26, 045505 (2014).
26. Phase transitions in a spinless, extended Falicov-Kimball model on a triangular lattice, Umesh K. Yadav, T. Maitra, Ishwar Singh, Solid State Communications, 164, 32, (2013).
27. Effect of spin-orbit coupling on magnetic and orbital order in MgV2O4, Ramandeep Kaur, T. Maitra and T. Nautiyal; J. Phys. Cond. Mat. 25, 065503 (2013).
28. Orbital order in NaTiO2 : A first principles study, Monika Dhariwal, T. Maitra, Ishwar Singh, S. Koley, A. Taraphder; Solid State Communications, 152, 1912 (2012).
29. Metallicity and ferromagnetism in nanosystem of charge ordered Nd0.5Sr0.5MnO3, S. Kundu, T. K. Nath, A. K. Nigam, T. Maitra, and A. Taraphder; J. of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology 12, 943 (2012).
30. Thermodynamic studies of the two dimensional Falicov-Kimball model on a triangular lattice, U. K. Yadav, T. Maitra and I. Singh; Eur. Phys. J. B. 84, 365 (2011).
31. An extended Falicov-Kimball model on a triangular lattice,U. K. Yadav, T. Maitra, I. Singh and A. Taraphder; Europhysics Letters 93, 47013 (2011).
32. Comparative study of FeCr2S4 and FeSc2S4: Spinels with orbitally active A site, S. Sarkar, T. Maitra, R. Valenti, T. Saha-Dasgupta; Physical Review B 82, 041105(R) (2010).
33. Ground state phase diagram of a spinless, extended Falicov-Kimball model on the triangular lattice, Umesh K Yadav, T. Maitra, I.S. Tyagi, A. Taraphder, J. Phys.: Condens. Matter 22, 295602 (2010).
34. Proposed Orbital Ordering in MnV2O4 from First principles, S. Sarkar, T. Maitra, R. Valenti and T. Saha-Dasgupta, Phys. Rev. Lett. 102, 216405 (2009).
35. Orbital order in ZnV2O4, T. Maitra and R. Valenti, Phys. Rev. Lett. 99, 126401 (2007).
36. Effects of Fe substitution on the electronic, transport, and magnetic properties of ZnGa2O4: A systematic ab initio study, L.Pisani, T. Maitra and R. Valenti, Phys. Rev. B. 73, 205204 (2006).
37. Magnetic properties of doped GdI2, T. Maitra, A. Taraphder, A. N. Yaresko and P. Fulde; Eur. Phys. J. B 49, 433 (2006).
38. Charge order and phase segregation in overdoped bilayer manganites, T. Maitra, A. Taraphder and H. Beck; J. Phys.: Condens. Matter 17 4333 (2005).
39. Ferromagnetism in Fe-substituted spinel semiconductor ZnGa2O4, T. Maitra and R. Valenti, J. Phys.: Condens. Matter 17 7417-7431 (2005).
40. Volume contraction at the Jahn-Teller transition of LaMnO3, T. Maitra, P. Thalmeier, T. Chatterji, Physical Review B, 69 132417 (2004).
41. Magnetic and orbital order in overdoped bilayer manganites, Tulika Maitra and A. Taraphder, Europhysics Lett., 65, 262 (2004).
42. Magnetic, orbital and charge ordering in electron-doped manganites, T. Maitra and A. Taraphder; Phys. Rev. B, 68, 174416 (2003).
43. Double exchange and orbital correlations in electron-doped manganites, T. Maitra and A. Taraphder; Europhysics Lett., 59, 896 (2002).
44. Antiferromagnetism and Superconductivity in a model with extended pairing interactions, T. Maitra, H. Beck and A. Taraphder; Eur. Phys. J. B, 21, 527-533 (2001).
45. Thermodynamic Properties of dx2−y2+idxy Superconductors, Tulika Maitra, Physica C, 331, 302-306 (2000).
46. Gap anisotropy in the angle-resolved photoemission spectroscopy of Bi2Sr2CaCu2O8+\delta, T. Maitra, A. Taraphder, Physica C, 325, 61-69 (1999).