- Experimental Condesnsed Matter Physics, Energy Storage Materilas: Nanomaterials, crystal Structure, Ionic and electronic conduction
- Energy Storage, Li-ion Battery, Supercapacitor, Fuel cells
- Solid State Ionics, Li- Kinetics, Electrochemical Impedance Spectroscopy
- Nanotechnology And Nanoscience, Fabrication of Nanofibers by Electrospinning Technique ,Nano-hybrids, Nano-Composites
- Functional Materials, Ferroelectric and Magnetic Materials: Synthesis and Characterization
|2011||On Going||Assistant Professor||IIT Roorkee|
|2010||2011||Post Doctoral Fellow||Energy Research Institute, Singapore|
|2004||2005||Senior Research Fellow||IIT Roorkee|
|Secretary (Elected)||Indian Solid State Ionics Society (ISSIS)||2018|
|Institute Research Fellowship 2018||IIT Roorkee||2018|
|Shastri Institutional Collaborative Research Grant award||Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute||2017|
|Visiting Scientist||Nationa Chiao Tung University Hsinchu, Taiwan||Dec 2016|
|Visiting Professor||University of Calgary, Canada||July 2013|
|DST-SERB International Travel grant||DST-SERB, Govt. of India||2013|
|DST-SERB Fast track Young Science Grant||DST-SERB, Govt. of India||2013|
|Listed in Marquis Who's Who in the World||Energy Research Institute , Singapore||2011|
|Best graduate researcher award||Faculty of Science, National University of Singapore||2009|
|Graduate Student Travel Grant||The Electrochemical Society, USA||2008|
|Graduate Research Scholarship||National University of Singapore, Singapore||2005|
|National University of Singapore (NUS) - President Research Scholarship, in the recognition of outst||National University of Singapore||2007|
|Master Mayank Gold Medal, Master of Science||C.C.S University, Meerut, India||2001|
|3rd rank, MSc Physics||CCS University Meerut||2001|
|PhD||Condensed Matter Phyiscs||National University of Singapore, Singapore||2010|
|M. Tech.||Solid State Electronic Materials (Physics)||I.I.T Roorkee, Roorkee||2004|
|2016||2017||Faculty Adviser, Swimming||Institute Sports Council|
|2016||on going||Member, Department Research Committee||Department of Physics, IITR|
|2017||on going||Member, Institute Reserach Committee||IIT Roorkee|
|2016||on going||officer-in charge, Photovoltaics Laboratory||Department of Physics, IITR|
|2012||2014||Officer in Charge, Time Table and Exam||IIT Roorkee, Saharanpur Campus|
|2012||2013||Faculty Advisor||Hobbies Club, IIT Roorkee, Saharanpur Campus|
|2012||2014||Member, Department Academic Committee||IIT Roorkee, Saharanpur Campus|
|Development of a sustainable and safe hybrid supercapacitor for defecence and space applications||Technology Development Mission, DST||2018|
|Fabrication and Performance Optimization of Hybrid Supercapacitor Device||Defence Research Development Organization||2018|
|Robust and Chemically Stable Nano Fiber Li-Stuffed Garnet Membranes for Next Generation All-Solid-St||INDO-Canada, Shastri Institute Collaborative Research||2017|
|Indo-Taiwan Project, Development of novel hybrid supercapacitor based on Li2MnSiO4 and activated car||GITA-DST and MOST Taiwan||2016|
|Nanostructured Mn-based Silicate: Cathode Material for High Energy/Power Denisty Li-ion Batteries.||CSIR, Govt. of India||2015|
|Synthesis and Characterization of Nanostructured Mn-based Oxides as Li-ion battery electrode||DST-SERB, Govt. of India||2013|
|Fabrication of 1D, High Aspect Ratio, Aligned Nanofibers of Metal Oxides by Electrospinning Method||DAE-BRNS, Govt. of India||2012|
|Synthesis and Characterization of Nano-Phase Oxide Materials and Their Application as Electrode ma||Sponsored Research and Industrial Consultancy, Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee||2011|
- Indian Solid State Ionics Society (ISSIS, Life Member
- Indian Physics Association, Life Member
- Material Research Society Sigapore, Member
- Material Research Society, India, Member
- The Electrochemical Society, USA, Member
|Title||Course Code||Class Name||Semester|
|Structure Analysis of Nanomaterials||NT-601||M.Tech Nanotechnology||Spring|
|Electromagnetic theory||PHN-008||B. Tech. 1st year||Spring|
|Modern Physics||PHN-007||B. Tech. 1st year||Autumn|
|Electricity and Magnetism||PH-202 M||M. Tech 2nd year||Spring|
|Physics Practicals||PH-101||B. Tech. Ist year||Spring|
|Advanced Characterization Techniques||AS-901||PrePhD||Autumn|
|Mr. Amit kumar||Metal Carbonate-rGO nanocomposite as electrode material for energy storage devices|
|Mr. Asit Sahoo||Si-based nanocomposite as Li-battery anode material|
|Mr. Sandeep Sundriyal||Ferrite based nanofibers as multiferroic material|
|Mr. Meetesh||Cathode Material for LIBs|
|Mr. Harish Pal||Nanotechnology|
|Ms. Akanksha||Modeling and Simulations on LIBS|
|Ms. Milan||Li-intercalalation induced magnetism|
|Abhinav Tandon||Nano Devices|
|Shalu Rani||Flexible devices|
|Dr. Jai Bhagwan, RA||Nanofibers based solid state electrolyte|
|Dr. Nagesh Kumar , Post Doctoral Fellow||Nanotechnology, Energy Storage Materials|
|Topic||Scholar Name||Status of PHD||Registration Year|
|Nanofibers by Electrospinning Technique and Applications.||Mr. JaiBhagwan||A||July 2012|
|Nanostructured Li2MnSiO4: A novel electrode Material for supercapacitor||Ms Prerna Charurvedi||A||2011|
|Nano hybrids of Metal Oxides or Metal Carbonate/ Polymer for Energy Storage.||Mr. Amit Kumar||O||July 2012|
|Graphene-Metal Oxides nano-composite as Energy storage Material||Mr. Asit Sahoo||O||Jan 2014|
|Dielectric and Magnetic properties of electrospuned oxide nanofibers||Mr. Sandeep Sundriyal||O||Jan 2015|
|modelling and Simulation on Li-battery electrode||Ms. Akanksha||O||2015|
|Cathode Material for LIBs||Mr. Meetesh||O||2016|
|Nanostuructured Material for Energy storage devices||Mr. Harish Pal||O||2016|
|Intercalation based magnetism||Ms. Milan||O||2016|
|Institute Visited||Purpose of Visit||Date|
|IIT Kharagpur||Invited speaker in Indo-German conference on electrochemical energy storage and Modeling (2016)||17-20,Feb|
|UAE, DUBAI||DUBAI, DAE presenting the paper in 4th Nanotoday Conference||Dec, 2015|
|Mahatma Gandhi University Priyadarshini Hills P. O. Kottayam, Kerala,||Invited Speaker and chair of session in International Conference on nano-science and nanotechnology||Dec 2014|
|University of Calgary, Calgary, Canada||As a visiting Professor||Aug 2013|
|Laval University Qubec City Canada||International Conference and Exhibition on Advanced and Nano Materials||Aug 2013|
|National University Singapore, Singapore||Intl. Conf. Mater. for Adv. Technol.||June 2011|
|National University Singapore, Singapore||Intl. Conf. Mater. for Adv. Technol.||June 2009|
|USA||214th ECS meeting, Hawaii||OCT 2008|
|IMRE, Singapore||3rd MRS-S Conf. on Adv. Mater.||Feb 2008|
|Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia||3rd Math. and Phys. Sci. Graduate Congr. (MPSGC)||Dec 2007|
|National University Singapore, Singapore||Intl. Conf. Mater. for Adv. Technol., (ICMAT)||July 2007|
|Prof. B.V.R Chowdari||Nanyang Technological University, Singapore||RP|
|Prof. V. Thangadurai||Department of Chemistry, University of Calgary||RP|
|Prof. T.-Y. Tseng||National Chiao Tung University Taiwan||RP|
|Dr. M. Srinivasan||School of Material Science & Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore||RP|
|Prof. Alex||School of Material Science and Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore||RP|
|Dr. Raju Kumar Gupta||Chemical Engineering, IIT Kanpur||RP|
|Prof. Anjan Sil||Department of Metallurgical and Materials Engineering, IIT Roorkee||RP|
Total citations ~2050 and h-index – 16, Average impact factor of published papers- ~3.9
Published Paper After Joining IITR ( Feb, 2011 onwards)
36. "Probing the electrical properties and energy storage performance of electrospun ZnMn2O4 nanofibers", Jai Bhagwan, Nagesh Kumar, K.L. Yadav, Yogesh Sharma, Solid State Ionics 321 (2018) 75–82.
35. "Improved Energy stotage, magentic and electrical properties of alligned, high aspect ratio, mesoporous electrospunned spinel-NiMn2O4 nanofibers", Jai Bhagwan, S. Rani, V. Sivasanakran, K. L. Yadav and Yogesh Sharma* Appl. Surf. Sci. 426 (2017) 913 (Impact Factor: 3.387)
34. "Improvement in dielectric, ferroelectric and ferromagnetic characteristics of Ba 0.9 Sr 0.1 Zr 0.1 Ti 0.9 O 3-NiFe 2 O 4 composites, A Jain, AK Panwar, AK Jha and Yogesh Sharma, Ceramic International 43 (2017) 5734 (Impact Factor: 2.96)
33. “In -situ Conversion of Manganese Carbonate to Manganese oxide/hydroxide and its supercapacitive analysis in aqueous KOH solution” by Amit Kumar and Yogesh Sharma* Ionics (2017) DOI: 10.1007/s11581-017-2146-2 (Impact Factor: 2.2).
32. “Nanofibers of Spinel-CdMn2O4: A new and high performance material for Supercapacitor and Li-ion batteries”, Jai Bhagwan, Asit Sahoo, K. L. Yadav and Yogesh Sharma*, J. Alloys and Comp. 703 (2017) 86 (Impact Factor: 3.01).
31. “Physicochemical and electrochemical performance of LiFe1-xNixPO4 (0 ≤ x ≤ 1.0) solid solution as potential cathode material for rechargeable lithium-ion battery”, R. Saroha, A. K. Panwar* and Yogesh Sharma, Ceramic International 43 (2017) 10253.
30. “Development of surface functionalized ZnO-doped LiFePO4/C composites as alternative cathode material for lithium ion batteries”, R. Saroha, A. K. Panwar*, Yogesh Sharma, P. K. Tyagi, and S. Ghosh, Applied Surface Science 394 (2017) 25 (Impact Factor: 3.387).
29. "Synthesis and transport properties of nanostructured lithium manganese silicate (Li2 MnSiO4) as Li-ion battery cathode material." Prerna Chaturvedi, Anjan Sil, and Yogesh Sharma*, Solid State Ionics 297 (2016) 68. (Impact Factor: 2.380)
28. “"Porous, one-dimensional and high aspect ratio nanofibric network of cobalt manganese oxide as a high performance material for aqueous and solid-state supercapacitor (2 V), Jai Bhagwan, V. Sivasanakran, K. L. Yadav and Yogesh Sharma*, J. Power Sources 327 (2016) 29 (Impact Factor: 6.23)
27. “Energy storage performance of hybrid aqueous supercapacitor based on nano-Li2MnSiO4 and activated carbon”, by Parerna Chaturvedi, Anjan Sil and Yogesh Sharma*, Ionics, 22 (2016) 1719 (Impact Factor: 2.1)
26. “Energy storage performance of urea combustion derived nanocrystalline-Li2MnSiO4 as a novel electrode material for symmetric supercapacitor by by Parerna Chaturvedi, Anjan Sil and Yogesh Sharma*, AIP Conf. Proc.., 1731 (2016) 050058 (1-3)
25. “Structurally induced spin canting and metamagnetism in CoFe2O4 nanoparticles synthesized via co-precipitation method”, by Stuti Rani, Yogesh Sharma and G. D. Varma, J. Supercond. Nov. Magn. 28 (2015) 3633.
24. “Porous, One dimensional and High Aspect Ratio Mn3O4 Nanofibers: Fabrication and Optimization for Enhanced Supercapacitive Properties”, by Jai Bhagwan, Asit Sahoo, K. L. Yadav and Yogesh Sharma, Electrochim. Acta., 174 (2015) 992 (Impact Factor: 4.794)
23. “Cost effcetive urea combustion derived mesoporous- Li2MnSiO4 as a novel material for supercapacitor", Parerna Chaturvedi, Amit Kumar, Anjan Sil and Yogesh Sharma*, RSC Adv., 5 (2015) 25126 (Impact Factor: 3.84)
22. “Synthesis of nanoporous hypercrosslinked polyaniline (HCPANI) for gas sorption and electrochemical supercapacitor applications”, Vivek Sharma, Asit Sahoo, Yogesh Sharma and Paritosh Mohanty, RSC Adv., 5 (2015) 45749.
21. “Nanofiber of Mn3O4: Fabrication and application as supercapacitor electrode, Jai Bhagwan, K. L. Yadav and Yogesh Sharma*, AIP Conf. Proc., 1665 (2015) 050188.
20. “Synthesis and characterization of nanostructured ternary zinc manganese oxide as novel supercapacitor material”, Asit Sahoo and Yogesh Sharma*, Mater. Chem. Phys. 149 (2015) 721. (Impact Factor: 2.1).
19. “Mixed Magnetic Phases in CO3O4 nanoparticle synthesized by coprecipitation method”, Stuti Rani, Yogesh Sharmaand G. D. Verma, AIP Conf. Proc 1591, (2014), 526.
18. “Electrochemical Reactivity with Lithium of spinel-type ZnFe2-y CryO4 (0≤ y≤ 2)”, Pei Fen Teh, Stevin S Pramana, Chunjoong Kim, Chieh-Ming Chen, Cheng-Hao Chuang, Yogesh Sharma, Jordi Cabana and Madhavi Srinivasan, J. Phys. Chem. C, 117 (2013) 24213 (Impact Factor: 4.536).
17. "Nanosphere of Metal Carbonates: Synthesis and Characterization as energy storage materials", Yogesh Sharma*, Amit Kumar and Prerna Chaturvedi”, Nano Studies, 8 (2013) 171.
16. “Electrospun Zn1-xMnxFe2O4 nanofibers as anodes for lithium ion batteries and the impact of mixed transition metallic oxides on battery performance”, P. F. Teh, S. S. Pramana, Yogesh Sharma, Y. W. Ko and M. Srinivasan ACS Appl. Mater. Interface, 5 (2013), 5461.(Impact Factor: 7.504).
15. “Tuning the morphology of ZnMn2O4 lithium ion battery anodes by electrospinning and its effect on electrochemical performance”, P. F. Teh, Yogesh Sharma, S. S. Pramana, Y.W. Ko and M. Srinivasan, RSC Adv., 3 (2013), 2812 (Impact Factor: 3.84).
14. "Electrospun polyaniline nanofibers web electrodes for supercapacitors", S. Chaudhary, Yogesh Sharma, R. Jose, S. Mhaisalkar, S. RamKrishanaa and M. Srinivasan, J. App. Poly. Sci., 129 (2013)1660 (Impcat Factor: 1.768).
13. “Nanofibers-NiCo2O4: Fabrication and Li-storage properties”, Yogesh Sharma and M. Srinivasan AIP Conf. Proc.,1447 (2012) 365.
Paper published during Post docs @ Energy Research Institute, Singapore (2009-2010)
12. "Achieving High Specific Charge Capacitances in Fe3O4/Reduced Graphene Oxide Nanohybrids”, W. Shi, J. Zhu, D. H. Sim, Y. Y. Tay, Z. Lu, X. Zhang, Yogesh Sharma, M. Srinivasan, H. Zhang, H. H. Hng and Q. Yan, J. Mater. Chem., 21(2011) 3422 (Impact Factor: 7.443).
11. "Cobalt oxide nanowall arrays on reduced graphene oxide sheets with controlled phase, grain size and porosity for Li-ion battery electrodes”, J. Zhu, Yogesh K. Sharma, Z. Zeng, X. Zhang, M. Srinivasan, S. Mhaisalkar, H. Zhang, H. H. Hng and Q. Yan, J. Phys. Chem. C., 115 (2011) 8400. (Impact Factor: 4.772)
10. "Nano-web Anodes composed of One Dimensional, High aspect ratio, Size Tunable Electrospun ZnFe2O4 Nanofibers for Lithium Ion Batteries", P. F. Teh, Yogesh Sharma, S. S. Pramana and M. Srinivasan, J. Mater Chem., 21 (2011) 14999.(Impact Factor: 8.867)
Papers published during PhD @ Department of Physics, National University of Singapore ( 2005-2010)
9. “Li- storage and cycling properties of spinel, CdFe2O4 as an anode for Li-ion batteries”, Yogesh Sharma, N. Sharma, G. V. Subba Rao and B. V. R. Chowdari, Bull. Mater. Sci., 32 (2009) 295. (Impact Factor: 1.017)
8. "Nano-(Cd1/3Co1/3Zn1/3)CO3: a new and high capacity anode material for Li-ion batteries”, Yogesh Sharma, N. Sharma, G. V. Subba Rao and B. V. R. Chowdari, J. Mater. Chem., 19 (2009) 5047. (Impact Factor: 8.867)
7. “Li-storage and cycleability of nano-CdSnO3 as an anode material for Li-ion batteries”, Yogesh Sharma, N. Sharma, G. V. Subba Rao and B. V. R. Chowdari, J. Power Sources, 192 (2009), 627. (Impact Factor: 6.23)
6. “Studies on nano-‘CaO.SnO2’ and nano-CaSnO3 as anodes for Li-ion batteries”, Yogesh Sharma, N. Sharma, G. V. Subba Rao and B. V. R. Chowdari, Chem. Mater., 20 (2008), 6829. (Impact Factor: 9.446)
5. "Studies on spinel cobaltites, FeCo2O4 and MgCo2O4 as anodes for Li-ion batteries”, Yogesh Sharma, N. Sharma, G. V. Subba Rao and B. V. R. Chowdari, Solid State Ionics, 179 (2008), 587. (Impact Factor: 2.112)
4. “Li-storage and cyclability of urea combustion derived ZnFe2O4 as anode for Li-ion batteries”, Yogesh Sharma, N. Sharma, G. V. Subba Rao and B. V. R. Chowdari, Electrochim. Acta, 53 (2008), 2380. (Impact Factor: 4.794)
3. “Li -recycling behavior of nanophase-CuCo2O4 as anode for lithium ion batteries”, Yogesh Sharma, N. Sharma, G. V. Subba Rao and B. V. R. Chowdari, J. Power Sources, 173 (2007), 495. (Impact Factor: 6.23)
2. “Nanophase-ZnCo2O4 as a high performance anode material for Li-ion batteries”, Yogesh Sharma, N. Sharma, G. V. Subba Rao and B. V. R. Chowdari, Adv. Funct. Mater., 17 (2007), 2855. (Impact Factor: 11.328)
Papers published during M. Tech @ Department of Physics, IITR ( 2002-2004)
1. "Structural and dielectric properties of MgO doped 0.8PMN-0.2PT solid solution", Yogesh Sharma, Anjan Sil and K.L. Yadav, Ind. J. Eng. Mater. Sci., 12 (2005), 317. (Impact Factor: 0.523).
16. "Nanostructured Mn-based Oxides and Carbonates for Li-ion batteries and Supercapacitor", 10th National Conference on solid State Chemistry and Allied Areas (ISCAS 2017), Delhi Technological University July 1-3 , 2017 ( INVITED TALK)
15. “Nanostructured lithium manganese orthosilicate (Li2MnSiO4): a prospective electrode material for Li-ion batteries and supercapacitors” Joint Indo German Workshop on Electrochemical Storage Systems: Synergy of Materials Design and Modelling, IIT Kharagpur Feb. 17-20, 2016 (INVITED TALK).
14. “Co-precipitation routed cubical assembly of Nano-MnCO3: A prospective electrode material for supercapacitor”, by Amit Kumar and Yogesh Shrama, 4th Nanotoday Conference Dubai, December 6-10, 2015.
13. Fabrication and characterization of Mn-based oxides as electrode material for supercapacitor, by K. L. Yadav, JaiBhagwan and Yogesh Sharma, 4th Nanotoday conference Dubai, December 6-10, 2015.
12. “Fabrication of porous, aligned, one dimensional and high aspect ratio nanofibers of Mn- based oxides by electrospinning method and their storage properties”, Yogesh Sharma, Second International Conference on nanostructured Materials and Nanocomposites (ICNM 2014), Kottayam, Kerala, December, 2014 (INVITED TALK).
11. “Nano-sphere of Metal Carbonates: Synthesis and Charcaterization as Energy Storage Material”, by Amit Kumar, Prerna Chaturvedi and Yogesh Sharma, International Conference and Exhibition on Advanced & Nano Materials(ICANM-2013), Quebec, Canada, 2013 (Oral Presentation).
10. “Nanofibers of NiCo2O4: Fabrication and Li-storage Properties by Yogesh Sharma and Madhavi Srinivasan, 56-DAE solid state symposium, December , 2012, Kattankulathur, SRM university, Chennai, India
10.“Electrospunned nano-fibers of Fe-based ternary oxide and its application in Li-ion batteries as anode material”, P. F. Teh, S. S. Pramana, Yogesh Sharma and M. Srinivasan, Intl. Conf. Mater. for Adv. Technol., (ICMAT), June, 2011, Singapore.
9. “Nanohexagons- ZnCo2O4 and its application as supercapacitor electrode”, S. Chaudhari, Yogesh Sharma and M. Srinivasan, Intl. Conf. Mater. for Adv. Technol., (ICMAT), June, 2011, Singapore.
8.“Li-Storage and Cyclability of CdFe2O4 as Anode for Li-ion Batteries”, Yogesh Sharma, N. Sharma, G. V. Subba Rao and B. V. R. Chowdari, ICMAT, June, 2009, Singapore (oral presentation).
7.“Nano phase CdSnO3 as an anode material for Li-ion batteries”, Yogesh Sharma, N. Sharma, G. V. Subba Rao and B. V. R. Chowdari, paper presented at 3rd MRS-S Conf. on Adv. Mater., Feb, 2008, IMRE, Singapore (poster presentation).
6.“Nano-phase (Cd1/3Zn1/3Co1/3)CO3 : A high capacity anode material for Li-ion batteries”, Yogesh Sharma, N. Sharma, G. V. Subba Rao and B. V. R. Chowdari, paper presented at 214th ECS meeting, October, 2008, Hawaii, USA (oral).
5.“Nano-CaSnO3: synthesis and Li-cyclability as anode for Li-ion batteries”, Yogesh Sharma, N. Sharma, G. V. Subba Rao and B. V. R. Chowdari, Intl. Conf. Mater. for Adv. Technol., (ICMAT), July, 2007, Singapore (oral presentation).
4.“Li-recyclability of oxides with the spinel structure, MCo2O4 (M= metal)”, Yogesh Sharma, N. Sharma, G. V. Subba Rao and B. V. R. Chowdari, ICMAT, July, 2007, Singapore (oral presentation).
3.“Nano-phase ternary metal oxides as anodes for Li-ion batteries”, Yogesh Sharma, N. Sharma, G. V. Subba Rao and B. V. R. Chowdari, 3rd Math. and Phys. Sci. Graduate Congr. (MPSGC), December, 2007, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
2. “PMN-PT Relaxor Ferroelectrics”, Yogesh Sharma, Subhash Sharma, Puja Goel and K. L. Yadav, proceeding of 4th Asian Meeting on Ferroelectrics, held on IISc, Banglore 2003 (poster presentation).
1.“Effect of Sintering temperature and simultaneous addition of MgO and PbO on 0.8PMN -0.2PT solid solution”, Yogesh Sharma, Anjan Sil and K.L.Yadav, proceedings of 13th National conference on Ferroelectrics , held on University of Delhi, India. 2004 (poster presentation).