- Experimental Condensed Matter Physics, Solar Cells, Organic Solar Cells and Perovskites, LEDs, Detectors and Lasers, Memory Devices
- Nanotechnology , Nanomaterials Synthesis, and Charecterization, Nanoparticles and Nanofibers,Organic Nano Electronics
- Materials science and Engineering, Sensors,Water Remediation, Nanobiophotonics,Drug delivery and Imaging, 3D Printing,Entrepreneurship
|2014||ongoing||Assistant Professor||IIT Roorkee|
|2014||2015||Visting Professor of Physics||University of Massachusetts Lowell, USA|
|2014||ongoing||Joint Faculty||Center of Nanotechnology, IIT Roorkee|
|Max Planck Director's Nomination Award||Max Planck Institute Mainz||2017|
|Bhaskara Advanced Solar Energy Award||Indo-US Science and Technology Forum||2016|
|DST DAAD PPP Fellowship||DST DAAD||2016|
|Young Scientist Delegate to BRICS scientific meeting in China||Zhejiang University||2017|
|Young Scientist Award||DST||2015|
|DST Nanomission Postdoctoral Research Award, Govt. of India (2013)||IACS||2013|
|University of Massachusetts endowed scholarship, University of Massachusetts, Lowell, MA||University of Massachusetts Lowell, USA||2012|
|Sukant Tripathy Summer Fellowship, University of Massachusetts, Lowell, MA, (2012)||University of Massachusetts Lowell, USA||2012|
|Graduate Research Scholar Award, University of Massachusetts, Lowell, MA, (2012)||University of Massachusetts Lowell, USA||2012|
|Marquis Who’s Who of America for most promising young scientist 2011||USA||2011|
|Outstanding Graduate Student of the Physics Department award, University of Massachusetts, Lowell, M||University of Massachusetts Lowell, USA||2012|
|Outstanding Graduate Student of the Year award, University of Massachusetts Lowell, MA, (2011)||University of Massachusetts Lowell, USA||2011|
|Graduate Research Grants Awards, University of Massachusetts, Lowell, MA,(for best proposal writing)||University of Massachusetts Lowell, USA||2009|
|PhD||Physics||University of Massachusetts, USA||2012|
|2017||-till date||Advisory Committee member for Tinkering Lab||IIT Roorkee|
|2017||-till date||Faculty-in-charge for Training & Placement –Dept of Physics||IIT Roorkee|
|2016||2017||Member in the Board of Research–Centre for Nanotechnology||IIT Roorkee|
|2017||-till date||O.C.-B.Tech Lab, Dept of Physics||IIT Roorkee|
|2016||2017||O.C. (Thomso) -Center of Nanotechnology||IIT Roorkee|
|2016||-till date||O.C. (Libary) -Center of Nanotechnology||IIT Roorkee|
|2016||2017||Member-Department Academic Programme Commitee (DAPC), Dept of Physics||IIT Roorkee|
|2015||2017||Secretary, DFC-Department of Physics||IIT Roorkee|
|Hierarchical, Lightweight Nanocomposite Reinforced With electrospun nano-fibres for structural appli||DST Belgium||2017|
|Fabrication of large area (1 cm X 1 cm) uniform, pin hole free and highly efficient (upto 18%) stabl||DST,Solar Energy Research Initiative||2016|
|Low cost technology for waste water treatment for domestic and industrial applications||DST, Water Technology Initiative||2016|
|Development of Portable Sensing Devices for On-Site and Visual Detection of Nitroaromatic Explosives||CSIR||2016|
|Morphology optimization and performance enhancement in organic solar cells utilizing nanoparticles||DST DAAD||2016|
|Optical Sensor for Sensitive Detection of Nitroaromatics||DST, Young Scientist Award||2015|
|Morphology Optimization in Excitonic Solar Cells||IIT Roorkee Faculty Initiation Grant,||2014|
- American Physical Soceity, USA, Member
- Materials Research Soceity, USA, Member
- Sigma Xi, Member
|Topic||Scholar Name||Status of PHD||Registration Year|
|Morphology Optimization in Perovskite Solar Cells||Anubhav Raghav||O||2014|
|Design of Optical Sensor for Highly Senstive Detection of Nitroaromatics and Metal Ions||Vishal Kumar||O||2015|
|Singlet Exciton Fission Based Solar Cells||Naveen Kumar Tailor||O||2017|
|Smart Materials for Water Remediation||SmrutI Purohit||O||2017|
|Solar Cells||Amar Kumar||O||2017|
1. Soumitra Satapathi, “Organic Photovoltaic: A green solution for a gray problem”, Uttarakhand Science and Technology Department.
2. Soumitra Satapathi, Manisha Chatterjee Satapathi, Anirban Mitra, Saugata Hazra, Anubhav Raghav, Manisha Sharma, Somesh Mahapatra, Manish Paul, “Nanobiophotonics for Cancer Diagnostics”, Springer.
27. Payal Taya, Binoy Maiti, V Kumar, Priyodarshi De, Soumitra Satapathi, “Design of a novel FRET based fluorescent chemosensor and their application for highly sensitive detection of nitroaromatics”, Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical , 255, 3, 2628-2634,2018.
26. Kulveer Singh, Prateek K. Jha, and Soumitra Satapathi, “Controllable Bulk Heterojunction Morphology by Self-Assembly of Oppositely Charged Nanoparticles”, Journal of Physical Chemistry C, 121, 16045−16050, 2017.
25. Somesh Mohapatra, Rutusmita Mishra, Manisha Chatterjee, Partha Roy and Soumitra Satapathi, “Functionalized Nano-graphene Oxide as Multi-modal Clinic for Effective Drug Delivery”, International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Nanotechnology, 10, 4, 3768-3771,2017.
24. Anubhav Raghav, Shivam Singh, Shailendra Kumar Sharma, Kabra Dinesh, Monojit Bag, Soumitra Satapathi, “Controlling morphology of CH3NH3PbI3 perovskite film by dual solvent elimination method”, Nano-Structures & Nano-Objects, 12, 106–112, 2017.
23. Nipun Sawhney, Soumitra Satapathi, “Utilization of Naturally Occurring Dyes as Sensitizers in Dye Sensitized Solar Cells.”, IEEE Photovoltaics, 7, 2, 539-544, 2017. [Featured in Nature Asia, PTI, Quartz, BBC, Chemical Today]
22. Soumitra Satapathi, Lian Li, Robinson Anandakathir, Lynne Samuleson , and Jayant Kumar, “Effect of side groups on two-photon-absorption of soluble polythiophenes”, Spectroscopy Letters, 50, 7, 375–380, 2017.
21. Nivedita Choudhary, Nipun Sahwney, Anubhav Raghav, M. Sankar, Soumitra Satapathi, “Effect of functional groups on sensitization of dye-sensitized solar cells (DSSCs) using free base Porphyrins”, Journal of Porphyrins and Phthalocyanines, 21, 222, 2017.
20. Shailendra Kumar Sharma, Shivali Sokhi, Chandrajit Balomajumder, Soumitra Satapathi, “Reusable graphene oxide nanofibers for enhanced photocatalytic activity: a detailed mechanistic study”, Journal of Materials Science, 52, 9,5390–5403, 2017.
19. Somesh Mohapatra, Rutusmita Mishra, Partha Roy, K.L.Yadav, Soumitra Satapathi, "Systematic Investigation and in vitro Biocompatibility Studies on Implantable Magnetic Nanocomposites for Hyperthermia Treatment of Osteoarthritic Knee Joint", Journal of Materials Science (JMSC), 52,9262–9268, 2017.
18. Purnendu, Soumitra Satapathi “Graphene-Based 3D Xerogel as Adsorbent for Removal of Heavy Metal Ions from Industrial Wastewater”, Journal of Renewable Materials, 5, 2, 96-102,2017.
17. Somesh Mohapatra, Rutusmita Mishra, Manisha Chatterjee, Partha Roy and Soumitra Satapathi, “Functionalized Nano-graphene Oxide as Multi-modal Clinic for Effective Drug Delivery”,International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Nanotechnology, 10,4,3768-3771,2017.
16. Soumitra Satapathi, Jalpa Soni and Nirmalya Ghosh, “Fluorescent Muller matrix analysis of highly scattering turbid media”, Applied Physics Letters, 104, 131902, 2014.
15. Preeti Yadav, Soumitra Satapathi, Meena Kumari, Akanksha Chaturvedi, Lian Li, Lynne A Samuelson, Jayant Kumar, Sunil K Sharma, “Synthesis of two-photon active cinnamoyl coumarins for high-contrast imaging of cancer cells and their photophysical characterization”, Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology A: Chemistry. 280, 39-45, 2014.
14. Soumitra Satapathi, Anoop K. Pal, Lian Li, Lynne A. Samuelson, Dhimiter Bello and Jayant Kumar, “Two-photon active polymeric nanoparticles for high contrast in vitro imaging”, RSC Advances, 4,1116, 2014.
13. Soumitra Satapathi, Sriya Das, Lian Li, Lynne A Samuelson, Ravi Mosurkal, Micah Green and Jayant Kumar, “Performance enhancement of dye sensitized solar cells by incorporating graphene nanosheets of various sizes”, Applied Surface Science, 314,638-641, 2014.
12. Soumitra Satapathi, Mijanur Rahaman Molla, Santanu Bhattacharya, Suhrit Ghosh and Amitava Patra, “Photophysical Study of P3HT/NDI Based Hybrid Nanoparticles”, European Journal of Physics D, 2014, 68:350, 2014.
11. Soumitra Satapathi, Hardeep Singh Gill, Lian Li, Lynne Samukeson, Jayant Kumar, Ravi Mosurkal, “Synthesis of Nanoparticles of P3HT and PCBM for Optimizing Morphology in Polymeric Solar Cells”, Applied Surface Science, 323, 3–18, 2014.
10. Soumitra Satapathi, Amarnath Bheemaraju, Dhandapani Venkataraman and Jayant Kumar “Enhanced sensory response of quaterthiophene bearing 1,2,3-triazole moiety to explosives”, IEEE Sensors, 14, 12, 4334 - 4339, 2014.
9. Soumitra Satapathi, Akshay Kokil, B. Harihara Venkataraman, Lian Li, Dhandapani Venkataraman, Jayant Kumar, “Sensitive detection of nitroaromatics with colloidal conjugated polymer nanoparticles”, IEEE Sensor 13,2329, 2013.
8. Soumitra Satapathi, Hardeep Singh Gill, Lian Li, Lynne Samuleson and Jayant Kumar, “Two-photon active Nile Red loaded fluorescent polystyrene nanoparticles”, Advanced Science Focus, 1,3, 2013.
7. Soumitra Satapathi, Lian Li, Abhishek Kumar, Haibin Huo, Robinson Anandakathir, Mengyan Shen, Lynne Samuelson, Jayant Kumar, “Strong two-photon-induced fluorescence from a highly soluble polythiophene”, Optics Communications, 4, 3612, 2011.
6. Soumitra Satapathi, Sethumadhavan Ravichandran, Ravi Mosurkal, Subhalakshmi Nagarajan, Lian Li, Ramaswamy Nagarajan, Lynne A. Samuelson, Jayant Kumar, “Biocatalytic Synthesis of Two-Photon Active Resveratrol Oligomer”, Journal of Macromolecular Science, Part A: Pure and Applied Chemistry, 48(12), 1061-1066, 2011.
5. Harihara Venkatraman, Akshay Kokil, Soumitra Satapathi, Jayant Kumar, Dhandapani Venkataraman “Conjugated Polymer:TiO2 Nanocomposite Solar Cells Based on P3HT Nanoparticles,” B., MRS Proceedings, 2011, 1312, mrsf10-1312-ii09-06,.
4. Soumitra Satapathi, Lian Li, Robinson Anandakathir, Lynne A. Samuelson, Jayant Kumar, “Sensory Response and Two-Photon-Fluorescence Study of Regioregular Polythiophene Nanoparticles”, Journal of Macromolecular Science, Part A: Pure and Applied Chemistry, 48(12), 1049-1054, 2011.
3. Soumitra Satapathi, Anoop Pal, Amarnath Bheemaraju, Dhandapani Venkataraman and Jayant Kumar, “Oligothiophene nanoparticles for high contrast imaging of cancerous cells”, ACS Fall 2012 preprint.
2. Soumitra Satapathi, Robinson Anandakathir, Jayant Kumar, “Synthesis and Characterization of a Thiophene Copolymer for Photovoltaic Application,” Journal of Macromolecular Science, Part A: Pure and Applied Chemistry, 48(12), 1044-1048, 2011.
1. Soumitra Satapathi, Fa-Dong Yan, Robinson Anandakathir, Ke Yang, Lian Li, Ravi Mosurkal, Lynne A Samuelson, Jayant Kumar, “Fabrication of Dye-sensitized Solar Cells and Fluorescence Quenching Study Using Thiophene Based Copolymers”, Journal of Macromolecular Science, Part A: Pure and Applied Chemistry, 47(12), 1180-1183, 2010.
Patent: Provisional patent filed “DEVICE AND METHOD FOR REAL TIME THICKNESS CONTROLLED SPIN COATING”, Application#: 201611039173 and Date of Filing: November 17, 2016.