Areas of Interest
- Metal Foam, Nanomaterials, Metal Matrix Composites, Metallic Glasses
|2014||till date||Professor||Department of Metallurgical & Materials Engineering and Center of Nanotechnology (IIT Roorkee)|
|2009||2014||Associate Professor||Department of Metallurgical & Materials Engineering and Center of Nanotechnology (IIT Roorkee)|
|2004||2009||Assistant Professor||Department of Metallurgical & Materials Engineering and Center of Nanotechnology (IIT Roorkee)|
|2003||2004||Professor and Head, Mechanical Engineering||KCG College of Technology, Anna University, Chennai|
|2001||2003||Post-doctoral Fellow||Techniche Facultaet, Christian Albrechts Universitaet, Kiel, Germany|
|2000||2001||Post-doctoral Fellow||Institute for Solid State and Materials Research (IFW), Dresden, Germany|
|1997||1999||Project Engineer||Department of Materials and Metallurgical Engineering, IIT Kanpur|
|PhD||Composite Materials||IIT Kanpur||1997|
|ME (Int)||Metallurgy||IISc Bangallore||1992|
|BSc||Physics||MCC (Autonomous), Madras University||1988|
|2011||2013||Deputy Chief Advisor||Institute Sports Organization|
|2012||2013||Member||UG Curriculum Review Committee|
|2009||2014||Member Secretary||Department Faculty Committee|
|2008||2012||Member||Board of Studies|
|2008||2014||Officer-in-Charge||Dept Time Table|
|2005||2010||Staff Advisor, Athletics||Institute Sports Organization|
|2005||2014||Officer in Charge||Cellular and Composite Materials Lab|
|2012||2014||Officer in Charge||SEM Lab|
|2015||till date||Manager||ABN School|
Sponsored Research Projects
|1. Insitu Aluminium alloy matrix composites by hybrid processing of melts||Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR)||2013|
|2. A feasibility study to process Steel Foam||Naval Research Board||2013|
- The Minerals, Metals & Materials Society (TMS) , USA, Member
- Indian Institute of Metals, Life Member
- Materials Research Society of India, Life Member
|Title||Course Code||Class Name||Semester|
|Structural Metallurgy||MT-104||BTech I yr||Spring|
|Engineering Analysis & Design||MTN 292||BTech 2nd yr||Spring|
|Topic||Scholar Name||Status of PHD||Registration Year|
|In-situ Magnesium based composite – Development and Tribological behavior||1. D. Sivalingappa||A||2007|
|Processing and Mechanical Property Analysis of Closed-cell Aluminium Foam||E. Edwin Raj||A||2008|
|Electrical Conductivity of Calcia Stabilized Zirconia prepared by Mechanical Alloying||Raja Ram Prasad||A||2012|
|Nanocrystalline Co-Ni and Ni-Cu alloys: Synthesis and Studies on their Magnetic Properties||Sudhakar Panday||A||2012|
|Severe Plastic Deformation of Magnesium Alloys using Accumulative Roll Bonding||H. Sivananda Nayaka||A||2013|
|Growth and Characterization of Lead-free Ferroelectric Thin Films and Heeterostructures||Chandan||A||2014|
- Nanomaterials and Devices: Processing and Applications, Editors: S.Ray, S.K.Nath, A.Kumar, R.C.Agarwala, V.Agarwala, G.P.Chaudhari, B.S.S.Daniel, Trans Tech Inc. Switzerland, 2009.
- Advances in Materials Development: A festschrift honouring Professor Subrata Ray, Editor: B.S.S. Daniel, Materials Science Forum Vol. 736, Trans Tech Publications, Switzerland, 2012.
- Advances in Materials and Processing: Challenges and Opportunities, Editors: B.S.S. Daniel and G.P. Chaudhari, Advanced Materials Research, Vol. 585, Trans Tech Publications, Switzerland, 2012.
Refereed Journal Papers
- Directed melt oxidation and nitridation of aluminum alloys: a comparison, B.S.S.Daniel and V.S.R.Murthy, Materials & Design 16 (1995) 155-161.
- Metal matrix composites via insitu methods, B.S.S.Daniel, V.S.R.Murthy and G.S.Murty, Journal of Materials Processing Technology 68 (1997) 132-155.
- Microstructure and mechanical properties of SiC reinforced AlN/Al composites, B.S.S.Daniel and V.S.R.Murthy, ISIJ International 37  (1997) 992-999.
- Nickel Aluminide reinforced AlN/Al composites by pressureless infiltration, B.S.S.Daniel and V.S.R.Murthy, Materials Letters 37 (1998) 334-339.
- Modelling of composite growth in Directed melt Nitridation process, B.S.S.Daniel, D.Mazumdar and V.S.R.Murthy, Metallurgical and Materials Transactions 30A  (1999) 2951-2958.
- Unified theory of deformation for structural superplastics, metallic glasses and nanocrystalline materials, K. A. Padmanabhan and B. S. S. Daniel, Materials Science Forum Vol. 357-359 (2001) 371-380.
- Relaxation behaviour and High temperature Creep of Zr55Cu30Al10Ni5 Bulk Metallic Glass, B.S.S.Daniel, A.Reger-Leonhard, M.Heilmaier, J.Eckert and L.Schultz, Mechanics of Time-Dependent Materials 6 (2002) 193-206.
- Silver diffusion in Fe40Ni38Mo4B18 metallic glass under high vacuum, S. Lenser, B.S.S. Daniel, V. Zöllmer, J. Erichsen, K. Rätzke, S. Deki, F. Faupel, Scripta Materialia 48  (2003) 275-279.
- Development of Nanograined Metallic Materials by bulk and coating techniques, V.Agarwala, R.C. Agarwala, B.S.S. Daniel, Synthesis and Reactivity in Inorganic, Metal-organic and Nano-metal Chemistry, 36  (2006) 3-16.
- Aluminum Melt Foam Processing for Light Weight Structures, R. Edwin Raj and B.S.S. Daniel; Materials and Manufacturing Processes  (2007) 525-530.
- Manufacturing challenges in obtaining tailor-made closed-cell structures in metallic foams, R. Edwin Raj, B.S.S. Daniel; International Journal for Advanced Manufacturing Technology  (2008) 605-612.
- Structural property correlation with process parameters in the manufacture of closed-cell aluminum foam, R. Edwin Raj, B.S.S. Daniel, Journal of Manufacturing Engineering  (2008) 67-72.
- Prediction of compressive properties of closed-cell aluminum foam using artificial neural network, R. Edwin Raj, B.S.S. Daniel, Computational Materials Science  (2008) 767-773.
- Cryoginically synthesized mechanically alloyed Calcia stabilized Zirconia, Raja Ram Prasad, B.S.S. Daniel, Advanced Materials Research,  (2009) 271-276.
- Structural and compressive property correlation of closed-cell aluminum foam, R. Edwin Raj, B.S.S. Daniel, Journal of Alloys and Compounds,  1-2 (2009) 550-556.
- Microstructural influence in closed cell Aluminum foam for structural application, R. Edwin Raj and B.S.S. Daniel, International Journal of Microstructure and Materials properties, Volume 4, Issue 4 (2009) 476-486.
- Comparison of quasi-static and dynamic compression behavior of closed-cell aluminum foam, R. Edwin Raj, Venkitanarayanan Parameswaran and B.S.S. Daniel, Materials Science and Engineering: A, Volume 526, Issues 1-2 (2009) 11-15.
- Dissolution of Aluminium base composite in Magnesium to inherit the reinforced phases in cast Magnesium base Composites, D. Shivalingappa, B.S.S. Daniel, S. Ray, Scripta Materialia (Submitted)
- Processing, Microstructure and Mechanical Properties of Cast In-Situ Mg-Al/Al3Ti-Al2O3 Composites, D. Shivalingappa, B.S.S. Daniel, S. Ray, Alloys and Compounds (submitted)
- Processing, Microstructure and Mechanical Properties of Cast In-Situ Mg-Al/Mg2Si Composites, D. Shivalingappa, B.S.S. Daniel, S. Ray, Materials Science and Engineering A, (submitted)
- Customization of closed-cell aluminum foam properties using design of experiments, R. Edwin Raj, B.S.S. Daniel, Material Science and Engineering A, 528 (2011) 2067-2075
- Magnetic properties of Nanocrystalline Co-Ni alloys synthesized by precursor, Sudhakar Panday, B.S.S. Daniel, P. Jeevanandam, Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials 323 (2011) 2271-2280
- Highly tunable compositionally graded (1-x)Ba(Zr0.2Ti0.8)O3–x(Ba0.7Ca0.3)TiO3 multilayer with low temperature capacitance coefficients, Chandan Bhardwaj, B.S.S.Daniel, Davinder Kaur, Materials Letters 87 (2012) 172–175
- Nanocrystalline Co82Ni18 Alloy: Synthesis and Magnetic Properties, Sudhakar Panday, B.S.S. Daniel, P. Jeevanandam, Advanced Materials Research 585 (2012) 100-104
- Effect of reinforcing phase inherited from another composite on the mechanical properties of cast magnesium base composite, D. Shivalingappa, B.S.S. Daniel and Subrata Ray, Material Science and Engineering A, 541 (2012) 172-180
- Conductivity measurement of calcia stabilized zirconia prepared by mechanical route, Raja Ram Prasad, K.L. Yadav, B.S.S. Daniel, Advanced Materials Research 585 (2012) 245-249
- Application of Graphene Oxide and TiO2 in the fabrication of Dye sensitized solar cells module by electrode modification, Shejale K. Prakash, Harjeet Singh, Himanshu Panjiar, Sanjeev Manhas, B.S.S. Daniel, Advanced Materials Research 585 (2012) 255-259
- Synthesis of TiO2 film for Dye-sensitized solar cells, Harjeet Singh, Shejale K. Prakash, Himanshu Panjiar, B.S.S. Daniel, Advanced Materials Research 585 (2012) 284-288
- The effect of aging on energy absorption capability of closed cell aluminium foam, V.K. Jeenagar, Vivek Pancholi, B.S.S. Daniel, Advanced Materials Research 585 (2012) 327-331
- Grain growth kinetics of accumulative roll bonded AZ61 alloy, H. Shivananda Nayaka, G.P. Chaudhari, B.S.S. Daniel, Advanced Materials Research 585 (2012) 387-391
- Correlation of Mechanical and Microstructural properties of SMAW welded Cr-Mo Boiler steels subjected to different post weld heat treatment soaking times, S. Riyaz Ahmed, Ajai Agarwal, B.S.S. Daniel, Advanced Materials Research 585 (2012) 425-429
- Synthesis and magnetic properties of nanocrystalline Co-Ni alloys, Sudhakar Panday, P. Jeevanandham, B.S.S. Daniel, Materials Science Forum 736 (2012) 229-240
- Pulsed laserdepositionandcharacterizationofhighlytunable (1-x)Ba(Zr0.2Ti0.8)O3–x(Ba0.7Ca0.3)TiO3 thin filmsgrownon LaNiO3/Si substrate, Chandan Bhardwaj, B.S.S.Daniel, Davinder Kaur, Journal of Physics and Chemistry of Solids 74 (2013) 94–100
- Synthesis and characterization of shape memory Nano alloy Cu74Zn22Al4 (wt %) using high energy ball milling, Sujit Kumar Verma, B.S.S. Daniel, American International Journal of Research in Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics 2 (2013) 11-22 (Open Source)
- Influence of cell wall microstructure on the energy absorption capability of aluminium foam, V.K. Jeenagar, Vivek Pancholi, B.S.S. Daniel, Journal of Materials and Design (In press)
- Formation of hybrid graphene-carbon nano fibre structure by CVD using a polymer encapsulated cobalt-nickel alloy catalyst, R.K. Sahoo, C. Jacob, S.B. Sant, P. Jeyapandiarajan, B.S.S. Daniel, K Devi Chandrasekhar and A. Venimadhav, Journal of Materials Science, (Submitted)
- Leakage current behavior of lead-free 0.5Ba(Zr0.2Ti0.8)O3–0.5(Ba0.7Ca0.3)TiO3 thin film grown on LaNiO3/Si by pulsed laser deposition, Chandan Bhardwaj, B.S.S. Daniel, Davinder Kaur (in preparation)