- (1) Biomaterials:, Developing Material systems for Implants, Tissue Engineering and Degradable Scaffolds
- (2) Multiscale Mechanics and Tribology:, (i) For Structural Materials, (ii) Nanomechanics of Biological and 1D/2D Nanomaterials
- (3) Composite Material Systems with Nanofillers:, For structural and biomedical applications with specific functionalities
|Dec, 2012||Till Date||Assistant Professor||IIT Roorkee|
|Aug, 2012||Dec, 2012||Visiting Assistant Professor||Florida International University, USA|
|Aug, 2011||Aug, 2012||Post Doctoral Researcher||Florida International University, USA|
|Aug, 2003||July, 2007||Scientific Officer - D||Nuclear Fuel Complex, DAE, Hyderabad, India|
|2001||2003||Visiting Scientist||Nuclear Fuel Complex, DAE, Hyderabad, India|
|1999||2001||Metallurgist, R&D||Indian Aluminum Company (INDAL), Belur, India|
|Best paper award (third) in IIM-ATM (Indian Institute of Metals - Annual Technical Meeting)-2015||India Institute of Metals||2015|
|Zwick Science Award – 2013||Zwick Roell Group||2014|
|“Student Spotlight” – for excellent academic achievements by University Graduate School, FIU||FIU||2012|
|World’s Ahead Graduate by President, Florida International University||FIU||Summer'11|
|Best Doctoral Graduate College of Engineering and Computing, FIU||FIU||Summer'11|
|Second best oral presentation in TMS-2011, San Diego, USA||The Minerals, Metals and Materials Society - TMS, USA||2011|
|First place in student poster competition, MS&T-2010, Houston, USA||American Ceramic Society||2010|
|First place in student poster competition – MPMD, TMS-2009, San Francisco, USA||The Minerals, Metals and Materials Society - TMS, USA||2009|
|Best paper award in IIM-ATM (Indian Institute of Metals - Annual Technical Meeting)||Indian Institute of Metals||2001|
|PhD||Materials Science and Engineering||Florida International University, Miami, USA||2011|
|M. Tech||Metallurgical and Materials Engineering||IIT- Kanpur, India||2000|
|B.E||Metallurgy||Bengal Engineering College, Shibpur, India||1998|
|2013||continuing||Member-Secretary, DRC||MMED, IITR|
|2014||Continuing||OC, Website - MMED||MMED, IITR|
|2013||Continuing||Member, Printing and Production Committee, Samvad||IITR|
|2013||2015||Faculty Advisor, METES - Students Society||MMED, IITR|
|2013||2014||Stuff Advisor – Sports Council||IITR|
|Polymer Based Orthopedic Implant||FIG-IITR||2013|
|Developing Polymer Based Surface Modified Composite for Drug Eluting Orthopedic Implants||DST||2014|
|Magnesium Based Functionally Gradient Material System for Orthopedic Application||DST - Health Science||2015|
|Surface Modified Metallic Orthopedic Implant for Sustained Drug Release||DST-TSDP||2016|
|Developing Hybrid Multiscale Carbon Filler Reinforced Epoxy Composite for Structural Application||BRNS, DAE||2016|
|Developing Polymer Based Scaffold with Electrical and Topographical Cue for Neural Tissue Engg.||ICMR||2017|
- The Minerals Metals and Materials Society - TMS, Member
- American Ceramic Society - ACerS, Member
- Indian Institute of Metals - IIM, Life member
- Materials Research Society of India - MRSI, Life Member
- Society for Tissue Engineering & Regenerative Medicine (India), Life Member
- Society for Biomaterials and Artificial Organs India, Life Member
|Title||Course Code||Class Name||Semester|
|Materials Science||MT 201B||Arch , P&P, PS, PEM and Geotech||Spring|
|Nanomaterials and Applications||MT-411||MMED||Autumn|
|Structural Analysis of Nanomaterials||NT - 502||Nanotechnology - PG||Spring|
|Nanoscale Materials||NT 501||Nanotechnology, PG||Autumn|
|Materials Science||MT-106||ME, IN||Spring|
|Communication Skills||MT 308||MMED||Spring|
|Structure of Materials||MTN 501||Post Graduate||Autumn|
|Biomaterials||MTN 542||Elective to UG, PG||Spring|
|Title of Project||Names of Students|
|Mg Based Implant for Orthopedic Application||Pramanshu Trivedi|
|Carbon Nanotube Based Composites for Li-ion Battery Application||Sameer Chouksey|
|Surface Modification of Magnesium Based Alloy for Orthopedic Application||Sanjay Singh|
|Modification of Mechanical Behavior of Mg-Zn Alloy for Hard Tissue Engineering||Soumyaranjan Nayak|
|Corrosion Behavior of Surface Modified Mg-Zn Alloy for Orthopedic Application||Kishor Kumar Kuntal|
|Mg-HA composite for Orhopedic Implant Accessories||Satish Jaiswal|
|Al-GNP Composite for Structural Application||Mukul Srivastava|
|Developing Materials System for Skin Grafting||Akriti Sharma|
|Studying Residual Stress in Sintered Refractory Based Composites||Bhagyadhar Das|
|Polymer Based Composite for Structural Application||Khamgaonkar Ketan Mohan|
|Hot Working of Magnesium Alloy||Subham Agarwal|
|Topic||Scholar Name||Status of PHD||Registration Year|
|Synthesis and Application of Boron Nitride Nanostructures||Vijayesh Kumar||A||2013|
|Drug Eluting Implants for Orthopedic Applications||Manoj Kumar R||O||2013|
|Development of Polymer Based Composites for Neural Tissue Engineering||Pallavi Gupta||O||2013|
|Nanophase Reinforced Polymer Based Composite for Structural Application||Ankita Bisht||O||2014|
|Magnesium Based Composite for Orthopedic Application||Anshu Dubey||O||2016|
|Mg Based Scaffold for Orthoepdic Application||Satish Jaiswal||O||2016|
|Surface Modified Metallic Orthopedic Implant for Sustained Drug Release||K.B. Bisal||O||2017|
|Multiscale Carbon Filler Reinforced Epoxy Composites for Structural Application||Vaibhav Jain||O||2017|
|Institute Visited||Purpose of Visit||Date|
|University of Southampton||Part of IITR Team.||May, 2014|
|Couse Name||Sponsored By||Date|
|Introduction to Modelling and Simulation||QIP, IITR||12-12-2013|
|Recent Advances in Biomaterials and Nanobitechnology||QIP, IITR||12-03-2014|
|Nanotechnology: Basics and Applications in Chemical Engineering||QIP, IITR||24-06-2015|
|Spark Plasma Sintering||QIP, IITR||13.02.2016|
|Conference Name||Sponsored By||Date|
|Short term course on 'Hands-on Training for the Formulation of Smart Nanodevices'||Centre for Nanotechnology, IITR and NextSapiens||2-3 Feb'13|
|Nano-Scratch Based Technique: Novel Method for Quantifying Adhesion Strength at Sub-Micron Scale||IPA Lecture Series, Physics Dept., IITR||03.04.2014|
|Carbon Nanotubes: How Strong is their Bond with Substrate||Universidad Rey Juan Carlos, Madrid, Spain||09.04.14|
|Nano-Scratch Based Technique: Novel Method for Quantifying Adhesion Strength at Sub-Micron Scale||IIT Kanpur||18.01.2014|
|Probing Into Bone-Implant Interface: Materials Engineering Approach||Invited Talk in ICMS: RTBTR?2014, IIT Roorkee, India||17.12.2014|
|Nano-Scratch Based Technique: Novel Method for Quantifying Adhesion Strength at Sub-Micron Scale||Invited Talk in 12th Asian Forum for Materials Testing, Zwick-Roell, Gurgaon, India||19.01.2015|
|Biomechanical Evaluation at Bone-Implant Interface||Keynote Talk in ICEMEM, Dhule, Maharasthra, India||28.02.2015|
|Nano-Scratch Based Technique: Novel Method for Quantifying Adhesion Strength at Sub-Micron Scale||Invited talk in Nanoyantrika-2015, Trivundrum, India||20.09.2015|
|Aligned Carbon Nanotube Reinforced Polymeric Scaffolds With Electrical Cues for Neural Tissue Engin||Invited talk in CPDM, IIEST, Shibpur, India||19.12.2015|
|Hydroxyapatite Modified Mg Alloy for Orthopedic Application||Invited Talk at CSIR-CGCRI - Kolkata||30.12.2015|
|Evaluation of Cell Adhesion Mechanism at Multiple Scale Lengths||Invited Talk at INDOGFOE - 2016 as a member of DST Delegation, Potsdam, Germany||22.05.2016|
|Drug Releasing Acetabular Cup Lining – A New Dimension in Total Hip Implant||Invited Talk in Tenth National Frontiers of Engineering Symposium - IIT Kanpur, India||23.06.2016|
1. “Carbon Nanotubes Reinforced Metal Matrix Composites”, A. Agarwal, S.R. Bakshi, D. Lahiri, Taylor and Francis Publishers, ISBN: 978-1-4398114-9-8.
- “Graphene Reinforced Ceramic and Metal Matrix Composites”, D. Lahiri, A. Agarwal, in “Graphene: Synthesis and Applications”, Editors: W. Choi and J. Lee, Taylor and Francis Publishers, ISBN: 9781439861875.
- “Medical Applications of Hierarchical Composites”, Manoj Kumar R, K. Agrawal, D. Lahiri, in “Hybrid and Hierarchical Composite Materials”, Editors: C.-S. Kim, C. Randow, T. Sano, Springer, ISBN: 978-3-319-12867-2.
- “Processing and Nanomechanical Properties of Hydroxyapatite-Nanotube Biocomposite”, D. Lahiri, A. Agarwal, in “Biosurfaces: A Materials Science and Engineering Perspective”, Editors: Kantesh Balani, Vivek Verma, Arvind Agarwal, and Roger Narayan, Wiley & Sons, ISBN: 978-1-118-29997-5.
- “Boron Nitride Nanotubes as Nanofillers/Reinforcement for Polymer, Ceramic, and Metal Matrix Composites”, D. Lahiri, A. Agarwal, in “Nanotubes and Nanosheets: Functionalization and Applications of Boron Nitride and Other Nanomaterials”, Editor: Ying(Ian) Chen, CRC Press, Taylor and Francis Group, ISBN: 9781466598096.
Book - 1
Book Chapters – 4
Peer Reviewed Journal Articles – 75
h-index – 23 (scopus.com)
Total Citations - 1954 (scopus.com)
i10 Index – 49 (google scholar)
75. A. Bisht, M. Srivastava, R.M. Kumar, I. Lahiri, D. Lahiri, “Strengthening mechanism in graphene nanoplatelets reinforced aluminum composite fabricated through spark plasma sintering”, Materials Science and Engineering A, Vol. 695, 2017, pp. 20-28.
74. R.M. Kumar, P. Gupta, S.K. Sharma, A. Mittal, M. Sekhar, V. Kumar, B.V. Manoj Kumar, P. Roy, D. Lahiri, “Sustained drug release from surface modified UHMWPE for acetabular cup lining in total hip implant”, Materials Science and Engineering C, Vol. 77, 2017, pp. 649-661.
73. A. Nieto, A. Bisht, D. Lahiri, C. Zhang, A. agarwal, “Graphene reinforced metal and ceramic matrix composites: a review”, International Materials Review, Vol. 62, 2017, pp. 241-302.
72. R. Kumar, R.M. Kumar, D. Lahiri, I. Lahiri, “Thermally reduced graphene oxide film on soda lime glass as transparent conducting electrode”, Surfaces and Coatings Technology, Vol. 309, 2017, pp. 931-937.
71. P. Gupta, D. Lahiri, “Aligned carbon nanotube containing scaffolds for neural tissue regeneration”, Neural Regeneration Research, Vol. 11, 2016, pp. 1062-1063.
70. V. Kumar, N. Kumar, P.Roy, D. Lahiri, I Lahiri, “Emergence of fluorescence in boron nitride nanoflakes and its application in bioimaging”, RSC Advances, Vol. 6, 2016, pp. 48025.
69. P. Gupta, M. Rajput, N. Singla, V. Kumar, D. Lahiri, “Electric field and current assisted alignment of CNT inside polymer matrix and its effects on electrical and mechanical properties”, Polymer, Vol. 89, 2016, pp. 119-127.
68. S. Nayak, B. Bhushan, P. Gopinath, R.D. Agarwal, R. Jayaganthan, D. Lahiri, “Strengthening of Mg based alloy through grain refinement for orthopaedic application”, Journal of the Mechanical Behavior of Biomedical Materials, Vol. 59, 2016, pp. 57-70.
67. R.M. Kumar, K.K. Kuntal, S. Singh, B. Bhushan, P. Gopinath, D. Lahiri, “Electrophoretic deposition of hydroxyapatite coating on Mg–3Zn alloy for orthopaedic application”, Surface and Coatings Technology, Vol. 287, 2016, pp. 82-92.
66. A.K.Keshri, L. Behl, D. Lahiri, G.S. Duikravich, A. Agarwal, “Dry Sliding Wear Behavior of Hafnium-Based Bulk Metallic Glass at Room and Elevated Temperatures”, Journal of Materials Performances, 2016, DOI: 10.1007/s11665-016-2242-x.
65. P. Gupta, S. Sharan, P. Roy, D. Lahiri, “Aligned Carbon Nanotube Reinforced Polymeric Scaffolds with Electrical Cues for Neural Tissue Regeneration”, Carbon, Vol. 95, 2015, pp. 715-724.
64. K. Saini, R.M. Kumar, D. Lahiri, I. Lahiri, “Quantifying Bonding Strength of CuO Nanotubes with Substrate Using Nano-Scratch Technique”, Nanotechnology, Vol. 26, 2015, pp. 305701.
63 R.M. Kumar, S. Sharma, B.V.M. Kumar, D. Lahiri, “Effects of Carbon Nanotube Aspect Ratio on Strengthening and Tribological Behaviour of Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethylene Composite”, Composites A, Vol. 76, 2015, pp. 62-72.
62. S.Singh, R. Manoj Kumar, K.K. Kuntal, P. Gupta, S. Das, R. Jayaganthan, P. Roy, D. Lahiri, “Sol–Gel Derived Hydroxyapatite Coating on Mg-3Zn Alloy for Orthopedic Application”, JOM, Vol. 67, 2015, pp. 702-712.
61. S. Chouksey, A.Sil, D. Lahiri, I. Lahiri , “Atmospheric oxidation effect of silicon-carbon nanotube anode on Li-ion battery performance”, Nanomaterials and Energy, Vol. 4, 2015, pp. 1-20.
60. K.S. Suresh, D. Lahiri, A. Agarwal, S. Suwas, “Microstructure Dependent Elastic Modulus Variation in NiTi Shape Memory Alloy”, Journal of Alloys and Compounds, Vol. 633, 2015, pp. 71-74.
59. D. Lahiri, J. Karp, A.K. Keshri, C. Zhang, G.S. Dulikravich, L.J. Kecskes, A. Agarwal, “Scratch Induced Deformation Behavior of Hafnium Based Bulk Metallic Glass at Multiple Load Scales”, Journal of Noncrystalline Solids, Vol. 410, 2015, pp. 118-126.
58. P. Trivedi, S. Goel, S. Das, R. Jayaganthan, D. Lahiri, P. Roy, “Biocompatibility of Ultrafine Grained Zircaloy-2 Produced by Cryorolling for Medical Applications”, Material Science and Engineering C, Vol. 46, 2015, pp. 309-315.
57.K.Jha, N. Suksawang, D. Lahiri, A. Agarwal, “A Novel Energy-based Method to Evaluate Indentation Modulus and Hardness of Cementitious Materials from Nanoindentation Load–Displacement Data”, Materials and Structures, 2014, DOI: DOI 10.1617/s11527-014-0367-7.
56. D. Lahiri, F. Hec, M. Thiesse, A. Durygin, C. Zhang, A. Agarwal, “Nanotribological Behavior of Graphene Nanoplatelet Reinforced Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethylene Composites”, Tribology International, Vol. 70, 2014, pp. 165-169.
55. A. Nieto, A. Kumar, D. Lahiri, C. Zhang, S. Seal, A. Agarwal, “Oxidation Behavior of Graphene NanoPlatelets Reinforced Tantalum Carbide Composites in High Temperature Plasma Flow”, Carbon, 2014, Vol. 67, 2014, pp. 398-408.
54. S. Das, D. Lahiri, A. Agarwal, W. Choi, “Interfacial bonding characteristics between graphene and dielectric substrates”, Nanotechnology, Vol. 25, 2014, pp. 045707.
53. S.B. Pitchuka, B. Boesl, C. Zhang, D. Lahiri, A. Nieto, G. Sundararajana, A. Agarwal, “Dry sliding wear behavior of cold sprayed aluminium amorphous/nanocrystalline alloy coatings”, Surface and Coatings Technology, Vol. 238, 2014, pp. 118-125.
52. S.B. Pitchuka, D. Lahiri, G. Sundararajan, A. Agarwal, “Scratch Induced Deformation Behavior of Cold Sprayed Aluminum Amorphous/Nanocrystalline Coatings at Multiple Load Scales”, Journal of Thermal Spray Technoogy, Vol. 23, 2014, pp. 502-513.
51. A. Gupta, S. Barkam, D. Lahiri, R. Balasubramanian, K. Balani, “Effect of Alumina Dispersion on Microstructural and Nanomechanical Properties of Pulse Electrodeposited NickeleAlumina Composite Coatings”, Journal of Materials Science and Technology, Vol. 30, 2014, pp. 808-813.
50. D. Lahiri, V. Singh, G.R. Rodrigues, T. M. Haas Costa, M.R. Gallas, S.R. Bakshi, S. Seal, A. Agarwal, “Ultrahigh-pressure consolidation and deformation of tantalum carbide at ambient and high temperatures”, Acta Materialia, Vol. 61, 2013, pp. 4001-4009.
49. B. Boesl, D. Lahiri, S. Behdad, A. Agarwal, “Direct Observation of Carbon Nanotube Induced Strengthening in Aluminum Composite via In situ Tensile Tests”, Carbon, Vol. 69, 2013, pp. 79–85.
48. D. Lahiri, A. Hadjikhani, C. Zhang, T. Xing, L. Hua Li, Y. Chen, A. Agarwal, “Boron nitride nanotubes reinforced aluminum composites prepared by spark plasma sintering: Microstructure, mechanical properties and deformation behaviour”, Materials Science and Engineering: A, Vol. 574, 2013, pp. 149-156.
47. D. Lahiri, P.K. Gill, S. Scudino, C. Zhang, V. Singh, J. Karthikeyan, N. Munroe, S. Seal, A. Agarwal, “Cold Sprayed Aluminum Based Glassy Coating: Synthesis, Wear and Corrosion Properties”, Surfaces and Coating Technoloy, Vol. 232, 2013, pp. 33-40.
46. S. Das, D. Lahiri, A. Agarwal, W. Choi, “Measurements of the adhesion energy of graphene to metallic substrates”, Carbon, Vo. 59, 2013, pp. 121-129.
45. A. Nieto, D. Lahiri, A. Agarwal, “Nano Dynamic Mechanical Behavior of Graphene NanoPlatelets Reinforced Tantalum Carbide”, Scripta Materialia, Vol. 69, 2013, pp. 678-681.
44. A. Nieto, D. Lahiri, A. Agarwal, “Graphene NanoPlatelet Reinforced Tantalum Carbide Consolidated by Spark Plasma Sintering: Microstructure and Mechanical Properties” Materials Science and Engineering A, Vol. 582, 2013, pp. 338-346.
43. D. Lahiri, E. Khalegi, S.R. Bakshi, W. Li, E.A. Olevsky, A. Agarwal, “Graphene Induced Strengthening in Spark Plasma Sintered Tantalum Carbide-Nanotube Composite”, Scripta Materialia, Vol. 68, 2013, pp. 285-288.
42. C. Zhang, U. Chaudhary, D. Lahiri, A. Godavarty, A. Agarwal, “Photo-catalytic Activity of Spark Plasma Sintered TiO2-Graphene Nanoplatelet Composite System”, Scripta Materialia, Vol. 68, 2013, pp. 719-722.
41. A. Gupta, G. Tripathi, D. Lahiri, K. Balani, “Compression Molding of UHMWPE-HA-Al2O3-CNT Hybrid Composites for Hard Tissue Replacement”, Journal of Materials Science & Technology, Vol. 29, 2013, pp. 514-522.
40. V. Kumar, A. Gupta, D. Lahiri, K. Balani, “Nanomechanical Behavior Eliciting Serrated Yielding in Thermomechanically Processed Novel Mg-9Li-7Al-1Sn and Mg-9Li-5Al-3Sn-1Zn Alloys”, Accepten for Publication in Journal of Physics D: Applied Physics, Vol. 46, 2013, pp. 145304.
39. K.K. Jha, N. Suksawang, D. Lahiri, A. Agarwal, “Evaluating initial unloading stiffness from elastic work-of-indentation measured in a nanoindentation experiment”, Journal of Materials Research, Vol. 28, 2013, pp. 789-797.
38. D. Lahiri, S. Das, W. Choi, A. Agarwal, “Unfolding Damping Behavior of Graphene in Low Frequency Regime”, ACS Nano, Vol. 6, 2012, pp. 3992-4000.
37. D. Lahiri, R. Dua, C. Zhang, I. Socarraz-Novoa, A. Bhat, S. Ramaswamy, A. Agarwal, “Graphene Nano Platelet Induced Strengthening of Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethylene and Biocompatibility in-vitro”, ACS Applied Materials and Interfaces, Vol. 4, 2012, pp. 2234-2241.
36. D. Lahiri, V. Singh, L. Li, T. Xing, S. Seal, Y. Chen, A. Agarwal, “Insight into Reactions and Interface Between Boron Nitride Nanotube and Aluminum”, Journal of Materials Research, Vol. 27, 2012, pp. 2760-2770.
35. D. Lahiri, S. Ghosh, A. Agarwal, “Carbon Nanotube Reinfoced Hydrxyapatite composite in Orthopedic Application: A Review”, Materials Science and Engineering C, Vol. 32, 2012, pp. 1727-1758. Ranked 11 out of 25 hottest articles published in MSEC for the full year of 2012 http://top25.sciencedirect.com/subject/materials-science/15/journal/materials-science-and-engineering-c/09284931/archive/42/
34. D. Lahiri, A. Agarwal, “Scratch Based Technique for Quantifying Adhesion at Nano and Micro-scales”, Advanced Materials and Processes, April, 2012, pp. 22-27.
33. A. Nieto, D. Lahiri, A. Agarwal, “Synthesis and Properties of Bulk Graphene Nanoplatelets Consolidated by Spark Plasma Sintering”, Carbon, Vol. 50, 2012, pp. 4068-4077.
32. M. Bao, C. Zhang, D. Lahiri, A. Agarwal, “Tribological Behavior of Plasma Sprayed Al-Si Composite Coatings Reinforced with Nanodiamond”, JOM, Vol. 64, 2012, pp. 702-708.
31. K.K. Jha, N. Suksawang, D. Lahiri, A. Agarwal, “Energy Based Analysis of Nanoindentation Curves for Cementitious Materials”, ACI Materials Journal, vol. 109, 2012, pp. 81-90.
30. D. Lahiri, A.P. Benaduce, L. Kos, A. Agarwal, “Quantification of Carbon Nanotube Induced Adhesion of Osteoblast on Hydroxyapatite using Nano-Scratch Technique”, Nanotechnology, Vol. 22, 2011, pp. 355703 (9 pp)
Highlighted in “Nanotech Web” (http://nanotechweb.org/cws/article/lab/46915).
29. I. Lahiri*, D. Lahiri*, S. Jin, A. Agarwal, W. Choi, “Carbon Nanotubes: How Strong is Their Bond with the Substrate?” ACSNano, Vol. 5(2), 2011, pp. 780-787. *Co-first Authors.
Highlighted in “Nanowerk” (http://www.nanowerk.com/spotlight/spotid=19707.php).
28. D. Lahiri, V. Singh, A.K. Keshri, S. Seal, A. Agarwal, “Apatite formability of boron nitride nanotube”, Nanotechnology, Vol. 22, 2011, pp. 205601.
27. S. Facca*, D. Lahiri*, F. Fioretti, N. Messadeq, D. Mainard, N. Jessel, A. Agarwal, “In Vivo Osseointegration of Nano-Designed Composite Coatings on Titanium Implants”, ACS Nano, 2011, Vol. 5, pp. 4790-4799. * Co-first Authors.
26 D. Lahiri, V. Singh, A.P. Benaduce, S. Seal, L. Kos, A. Agarwal, “Boron nitride nanotube reinforced hydroxyapatite composite: mechanical and tribological performance and in-vitro biocompatibility to osteoblasts”, Journal of the Mechanical Behavior of Biomedical Materials, Vol. 4, 2011, pp. 44-56. (This paper was ranked amongst top 25 hottest articles published in this journal in the year 2011 http://top25.sciencedirect.com/subject/materials-science/15/journal/journal-of-the-mechanical-behavior-of-biomedical-materials/17516161/archive/36/ ).
25. D. Lahiri, A.P. Benaduce, F. Rouzaud, J. Solomon, A.K. Keshri, L. Kos, A. Agarwal, “Wear Behavior and In-vitro Cytotoxicity of Wear Debris Generated from Hydroxyapatite-Carbon Nanotube Composite Coating” Journal of Biomedical Materials Research Part A, Vol. 96A, 2011, pp. 1-12. (This Paper has been cited in the website of ‘The International Council on Nanotechnology’ and included in ‘nanoEHS Virtual Journal’.)
24. A.K. keshri, D. Lahiri, A. Agarwal, “Carbon nanotubes improve the adhesion strength of a ceramic splat to the steel substrate”, Carbon, Vol. 49, 2011, pp. 4340-4347.
23. K. Balani, R.R Patel, A.K. Keshri, D. Lahiri, A. Agarwa, “Multi-scale Hierarchy of Chelydra serpentina: Microstructure and Mechanical Properties of Turtle Shell”, Journal of the Mechanical Behavior of Biomedical Materials, Vol. 4, 2011, pp. 1440-1451.
22. H. Couvy, D. Lahiri, J. Chen, A. Agarwal, G. Sen, “Nano-hardness and Young’s modulus of nano-polycrystalline diamond”, Scripta Materialia, 2011, Vol. 64, pp. 1019-1022.
21. S.R. Bakshi, V. Musharamthota, D.A. Virzi, A.K. Keshri, D. Lahiri, V. Singh, S. Seal, A. Agarwal, “ Spark plasma sintered tantalum carbide-carbon nanotube composite: effect of pressure, carbon nanotube length and dispersion technique on microstructure and mechanical properties”, Material Science and Engineering A, 2011, Vol. 528, 2538-2547.
20. S.R. Bakshi, V. Musaramthota, D. Lahiri, V. Singh, S. Seal, A. Agarwal, “Spark Plasma Sintered Tantalum Carbide: Effect of Pressure and nano-Boron Carbide Addition on Microstructure and Mechanical properties”, Materials Science and Engineering A, Vol. 528, 2011, pp. 1287-1295.
19. D. Lahiri, V. Singh, A. K. Keshri, S. Seal, A. Agarwal, “Carbon Nanotube Toughened Hydroxyapatite by Spark Plasma Sintering: Microstructural Evolution and Multi-Scale Tribological Properties”, Carbon, Vol. 48, 2010, pp. 3103-3120.
18. D. Lahiri, F. Rouzaud, T. Richard, A. K. Keshri, S.R. Bakshi, L. Kos, A. Agarwal, “Boron Nitride Nanotube Reinforced Polylactide–Polycaprolactone Copolymer Composite: Mechanical Properties and Cytocompatibility with Osteoblasts and Macrophages In Vitro”, Acta Biomaterialia, Vol. 6, 2010, pp. 3524-3533. (This Paper has been cited in the website of ‘The International Council on Nanotechnology’ and included in ‘nanoEHS Virtual Journal’ http://icon.rice.edu/details.cfm?rid=48335).
17. S.R. Bakshi, D. Lahiri, R.R. Patel, A. Agarwal, “Nanoscratch behavior of carbon nanotube reinforced aluminum coatings”, Thin Solid Films, Vol. 518, 2010, pp. 1703-1711.
16. S. R. Bakshi, D. Lahiri, A. Agarwal, “Carbon Nanotube Reinforced Metal Matrix Composite – A Review”, International Materials Review, Vol. 55, 2010, pp. 41-64.
15. S. Kalmodia, S. Goenka, T. Laha, D. Lahiri, B. Basu, K. Balani, “Microstructure, Mechanical Properties and in vitro biocompatibility of spark plasma sintered hydroxyapatite-aluminum oxide-carbon nanotube composite” Material Science and Engineering C, Vol. 30, 2010, pp. 1162-1169.
14. K. Balani, S.R. Bakshi, D. Lahiri, A. Agarwal, "Grain Growth Behavior of Aluminum Oxide Reinforced with Carbon Nanotubes During Plasma Spraying and Post-Spray”, International Journal of Applied Ceramic Technology, Vol. 7, 2010, pp. 846-855.
13. D. Lahiri, F. Rouzaud, S. Namin, A.K. Keshri, J.J. Valdes, L. Kos, N. Tsoukias, A. Agarwal, “Carbon Nanotube Reinforced Polylactide-Caprolactone Copolymer: Mechanical Strengthening and Interaction with Human Osteoblasts in Vitro”, ACS Applied Materials and Interfaces, Vol. 1, 2009, pp. 2470-2476.
12. D. Lahiri, S.R. Bakshi, A. K. Keshri, Y. Liu, A. Agarwal, “Dual Strengthening Mechanism Induced by Carbon Nanotube in Roll Bonded Aluminum Composites”, Materials Science and Engineering A, Vol. 523, 2009, pp. 263-270.
11. K. Balani, R. Batista, D. Lahiri, A. Agarwal, “The Hydrophobicity of a Lotus Leaf: A Nanomechanical and Computational Approach“, Nanotechnology, Vol. 20, 2009, pp. 305707 (9pp).
10. T. Laha, Y. Chen, D. Lahiri, A. Agarwal, “Tensile Properties of Carbon Nanotube Reinforced Aluminum Nanocomposite Fabricated by Plasma Spray Forming”, Composite Part A, Vol. 40, 2009, pp. 589-594.
9. J. Tercero, S. Namin, D. Lahiri, K. Balani, N. Tsoukias, A. Agarwal, “Effect of Carbon Nanotube and Aluminum Oxide Addition on Plasma Sprayed Hydroxyapatite Coating’s Mechanical Properties and Biocompatibility”, Materials Science and Engineering C, Vol. 29, 2009, pp. 2195-2202.
8. K. Balani, D. Lahiri, A. K. Keshri, S.R. Bakshi, J.E. Tercero, A. Agarwal, “The Nano-scratch Behavior of Biocompatible Hydroxyapatite Reinforced with Aluminum Oxide and Carbon Nanotubes ”, JOM, Vol. 61, 2009, pp. 63-66.
7. D. Lahiri, S.V. Ramana Rao, R.K. Srivastava, G.V.S. Hemantha Rao, “Study on Sintering Kinetics and Activation Energy of UO2 Pellets using Three Different Methods”, Journal of Nuclear Materials, Vol. 357, 2006, pp. 88-96.
6. K. Kapoor, D. Lahiri, I.S. Batra, S.V.R. Rao, T. Sanyal, “X-ray Diffraction Line Profile Analysis for Defect Study in Cu-1%Cr-0.1%Zr Alloy”, Materials Characterization, Vol. 54, Feb. 2005, pp.131-140.
5. K. Kapoor, D. Lahiri, S.V. Ramana Rao, T. Sanyal, “X-ray Diffraction Line Profile Analysis for Defect Study in Zr-2.5%Nb Material”, Bulletin of Materials Science, Vol. 27, Feb. 2004, pp.39-48.
4. K. Kapoor, D. Lahiri, T. Sanyal, B.P. Kashyap, “Texture Evolution in two phase Zr-2.5 wt.% Nb through Modified Route”, Material Science and Technology, Vol. 20, Oct. 2004, pp. 1281-1298.
3. I. Lahiri, D. Lahiri (Mondal), S. Bhargrava, "Effect of Prior b Processing on Superplasticity of (a+b) Thermomechanically Treated Ti-6Al-4V Alloy" Materials & Manufacturing Processes, Vol. 18, 2003, pp. 621-635.
2. K. Kapoor, D. Lahiri, S.V. Ramana Rao, T. Sanyal, "Influence of Crystallographic Texture on X-ray Residual Stress Measurement for Ti-3Al-2V Tube Material", Journal of Testing and Evaluation (ASTM), Vol. 31, Nov. 2003, pp.465-471.
1. K. Kapoor, D. Lahiri, C. Padmaprabu, T. Sanyal, "X-ray Measurement of Near Surface Residual Stress in Textured Cold-Worked Stress Relieved Zr-2.5%Nb Pressure Tube Material", Journal of Nuclear Materials, Vol. 303, 2002, pp.147-155.
- REVIEWER FOR – • Metallurgical and Materials Transaction A (received letter of appreciation from the Editor for excellent review) • ACS Applied Materials and Interfaces • Acta Biomaterialia • Surface and Coatings Technology • Current Applied Physics • Journal of Alloys and Compounds • Journal of Thermal Spray Technology • Advances in Tribology • Surface Engineering • Wear
- CONTRIBUTIONS TO CONTINUING EDUCATION PROGRAMMES (i) Offered free tutorship in ‘Materials Engineering’ course – to undergraduate students in spring-2010, on behalf of Material Advantage, FIU – for better understanding of the subject for students in one to one close supervision. (ii) Offered seminar on Nanotechnology and its impact on community to high school students at “Coral Park Senior High School” several times during 2009-2010 with interesting demonstration. Received ‘letter of appreciation’ from Office of Intergovernmental Affairs and Community Engagement, Miami-Dade County, Florida, USA – for community service through outreach activities.