Contact Us :
In this Lab, we work on developing material systems for tissue engineering. Presently, we are working on developing metal based material systems for orthopedic application and polymer based material systems for neural and skin generation scaffold both with specific functionalities. We also work on developing polymer/metal/ ceramic matrix composites reinforced with nano-phases for structural applications. For more information about the research group please visit: http://faculty.iitr.ac.in/~dlahifmt/
ULTRASONIC PROBE SONICATOR: Ultrasonic probe sonicator is an instrument which can prepare an emulsion, homogenise immiscible liquids, accelerate enzymatic and chemical reactions, , disperse solid like nanomaterials in liquids, deagglomeration, particle size reduction, particle synthesis
- Max. Frequency – 25 KHz
- Max. Power – 750W
- Max. Probe Dia. – 1/2", Probe Material – Titanium
- Max. Crushing capacity – 600 ml
- Programmable Time – 0- 99 hrs 59 min 59 sec
- Dimensions – 50 cm * 30 cm
- Voltage – 220V
- Working modes – Two modes Timing and Counting
- Auto frequency chasing, liquid crystal display.
- Overload protection.
- Output amplitude adjustment 0-100%.
- Displays temperature, control checking and over heat monitoring of samples.
ULTRASONIC PROBE SONICATOR:-
- MAKE - Vibra-Cell - Sonics & Materials, Inc.
- MODEL NO. - VCX 750
CONTACT ANGLE GONIOMETER:-
- Make - KRUSS GmbH Germany
- MODEL NO.- DSA25E
The contact angle goniometer, in its expert configuration (Drop Shape Analyzer DSA25E) is helpful in determining the contact angle and surface free energy of solids as well as the surface tension of liquids. The flexible combination of measuring methods enables to evaluate the interaction between solid and liquid properties, and therefore to check the quality of wetting and coating processes.
Vacuum Impregnation System: It is an indigenous system we designed for our research related to impregnation of polymers in porous material. It has capacity to remove air and other impurities entrapped in the micro pores through high vacuum (1 mbar). Impregnation chamber is designed in a way to pour any liquid material inside chamber while maintaining the high vacuum. If required a high internal pressure (up to 12 bar) can also be created inside chamber for effective impregnation.
- Internal dimension: ID 125mm X 100mm Cylindrical Height
- Operating Pressure: 12 bar
- Vacuum level: 1 mbar
PLANETARY BALL MILL:-
Make - Retsch Technology GmbH, Germany
MODEL NO. –PM 100
Planetary Ball Mill is used wherever the highest degree of fineness is required. In addition to mixing, for size reduction process and colloidal grinding, it provides the energy input necessary for the mechanical alloying. The extremely high centrifugal forces of a planetary ball mill result in very high pulverization energy and therefore shorten grinding times.
Double Beam UV-Vis Spectrophotometer: Spectrophotometer can be used to determine the concentration of the absorber in a solution. The wavelengths of absorption peaks can be correlated with the types of bonds in a given molecule and also absorption peaks are valuable in determining the functional groups within a molecule.
- Wavelength range: 200 to 1000 nm
- Spectral band pass: 1 nm
- Stray light: 0.05% or less
- Wavelength accuracy: ±0.3 nm or better
- Wavelength setting repeatability: ±0.1 nm
- Photometric range: - 3 to 3 Abs / 0 to 300% T
- Baseline stability: 0.0005 Abs/hr or better
- Light source: Xenon flash lamp
- Cell holder: Automatic 6 cell turret
CONTROLLED ATMOSPHERE FURNACE:-
Make - Nabertherm GmbH Germany
MODEL NO.- R50/500/13
This is a compact tabletop vacuum tube furnaces with integrated control systems can be used universally for many processes. Equipped with the standard working tubes of both alumina and quartz and Tmax of 1300ºC, it can be used for various applications. It can also be operated in Argon and Nitrogen atmosphere.
Hydraulic Cold press:Cold press is generally used for making green compacts of powdered materials
- Capacity of the Press is 25T
Different Die specification
- 20mm dia and 20mm thickness
- 20mm dia and 30mm thickness
- 20mm dia and 40mm thickness
- 40mm dia and 20mm thickness
- 40mm dia and 30mm thickness
- 40mm dia and 40mm thickness
Centrifuge: The refrigerated centrifuge is an instrument which is used to separate suspended particles from solution by means of centrifugal force.
- Maximum Speed 20000 rpm or better
- Maximum RCF 35000 g force or better
- Cooling temperature up to -20°C
- Connected load <2 KVA
- Brush-less inductor motor with frequency drive
- Precise speed control and reproducibility with accuracy 100 rpm
- Pre-setting for speed, time and temperature digitally
- Digital display for speed, timer and temperature
- 0-99 minute timer with digital count down
- Dynamic brake
- Imbalance detector with cut off
- Over current overheating safety cut off
- Safety lid interlock
- Operation at single phase 220V/50Hz supply
- Fixed type rotor: load capacity 6X50 ml up to 18000 rpm
- Fixed type rotor: load capacity 24X1.5ml up to 20000 rpm
- Servo Voltage Stabilizer
Electrostatic Sprayer : An electrostatic sprayer is used to coating the powdered particles or atomized liquid on conductive samples using normal spraying methods.
- Power consumption: 260V AC, 60 Hz
- Air Supply Pressure: 10 to 30 PSI
- Air Inlet Size: ¼ inch
- Gun Powder Lead; high voltage lead
- Control Box Fuse: 0.5 amps
True Density Meter: It is used to measure the true density / specific gravity of any material by precisely determining true volume of the material by measuring the pressure change of helium in calibrated volume (Archimedes principle of fluid displacement and Boyle’s law of gas expansion). It contains keypad, a display area and an analysis chamber.
- Power Supply: 230V AC, 50 Hz
- Accuracy: Sample Volume Accuracy
For Large Cup: 35 cm3 to 150 cm3 ±0.5%
For Small Cup: 4 cm3 to 18 cm3 ±0.5%
Dimensions : 35cm(L)*17.5cm(H)*31cm(D)
Repeatability : ±0.3%
Helium : 99.995% pure
- HOT AIR OVEN
- Operating temperature: 50-250ºC.
- Air circulating fan for maintaining temperature
- Digital temperature controller with digital display.
- Inside Dimensions: (455x455x455) mm
- Bio Tribometer Pin/Ball on Disc type
Make- Ducom Material Characterization Systems
The Ducom BioTribometer is widely used for tribological investigation of materials replacing naturally occurring interfaces in joints. Currently available structural and lubricating materials are unable to reproduce low friction and wear response as observed in naturally occurring joints and lubricants. As a result, some structural biomaterials like UHMWPE or CoCrMo last for 10-12 years (average) whereas the natural joints can last for 60-70 years. There is an increasing need of novel materials to increase life span of the artificial joints. To promote such an environment there is a requirement for rapid testing (friction and wear) of biomaterials in accordance with and beyond the standards, and the BioTribometer serves this role with full compliance with ASTM and ISO standards.
Wear track dia: 5 to 40 mm, with minimum size pin/ball manually adjustable
Disc rotation: Min. 10 rpm, Max: 1500 rpm in step of 1 rpm
Normal load: Min. 1N, Max: 50N By dead weights
Frictional force: Min 0N, Max 50 N least counts 0.1N
Wear: 0-2000µm least count 1 µm
Angular Oscillation: max 10 degree at 5 Hz to 90 degree at 0.1 Hz & with jog mode
Liquid cup: material; corrosion resistant to simulated body fluid
Tribo corrosion module: Electro-chemical system consisting of potentiostat, galvinostat for variety of applications in electro chemistry such as electro analytical studies Corrosion analysis
- Vacuum Pressure Impregnation Chamber
Make- Indian High vacuum Pumps Bangalore, India
Technical specification- This system is specially designed for carrying out 2 processes namely, Resin infusion, and Resin impregnation into the substrates. The rotary pumps are used to obtain a medium vacuum upto 10-3 mbar.
The basic system consists of:
- Pressure Vessel with rotary table Vacuum Pump
The Pressure vessel is made up of SS-304 material. The chamber is designed to with a standard pressure of 7 bar. The door of the chamber is provided with a glass window to observe, the resin infusion and impregnation process. The 3 phase compressor capable of pressurizing the chamber to 7 bar.
- Low Speed Diamond Cutter
Make - Ducom Material Characterization Systems
The Low speed diamond cutter is a low speed saw that uses diamond wafering blades for cutting various types of materials. This is a great tool for sample preparation and sample sectioning for analysis. The low speed of cutting provides a very high quality of cut, while minimizing damage to the sample.
Samples can be aligned using a micrometer, for precise placement of cut. Samples are gravity fed and sample holders allow users to hold a variety of sample shapes confidently. It is suitable for materials such as metals, semiconductors, ceramics, minerals, composites, coated samples.
Load - 0-300 grams
Speed -Range 20-300 rpm
Cutter Size OD*ID*TH -125mm*20mm*0.3mm
Sample size in mm -Dia 3 and Dia 12 mm
Aluminium flanges - Dia 4 and Dia 5 inches
Max cutting length -25 mm
Micrometer movement -0-25 mm
Sample Orientation - Radial axis
Coolant volume -300-500 ml
- Vacuum oven
Make - Vacuum Techniques Pvt.Ltd., Bangalore, India
Vacuum ovens are used for Heating, Degassing, Annealing and Vacuum Drying. The low pressure environment also minimizes oxidation during drying. A standard vacuum oven can operate upto 230⁰C or higher temperature with a precision of ± 2⁰C; temperature to be displayed continuously by digital temperature indicator with thermocouple, PID and thyristor controller. The vacuum oven is made out of SS 304 grade material with glass wool or ceramic insulation, front hinged double doors. Vacuum ranges for vacuum oven measured with digital pirani gauge are from 1x10-3 mbar to 999 mbar.
- Internal dimension: Cubical chamber of 300mm X 300 mm X 300mm.
- Vacuum: 1x10-2 mbar inside the chamber with vacuum pump on.
- Having operational temperature ranging from 5ºC to 60ºC.
- Provided with three side heating elements.
- Contains air circulating fan (Which can be turn ON/OFF on demand) for uniform temperature on all shelves.
- Microprocessor based digital temperature controller with digital display.