- Notice for Accommodation for Ph.D Admission Autumn Semester 2019-20 Posted On: 20 Apr, 2019
- Venue and Schedule of Registration and Written Test at the Department for Ph.D Admission Autumn Semester 2019-20' Posted On: 19 Apr, 2019
- List of Additional Short Listed Candidates for Written Exam to PhD Admission Autumn Semester 2019-20 Posted On: 10 Apr, 2019
- Schedule and Syllabus for the written exam to Ph.D. admission Autumn Semester 2019-20 Posted On: 04 Apr, 2019
- List of Short Listed Candidates for Written Exam to PhD Admission Autumn Semester 2019-20 Posted On: 02 Apr, 2019
The Department of Mechanical Engineering came into being in the year 1946 and the first batch of Mechanical Engineers graduated in the year 1949. The department was renamed as Department of Mechanical & Industrial Engineering on its silver jubilee in 1974 when an undergraduate programme in Industrial Engineering was started. At present it offers both undergraduate and postgraduate courses in various facets of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering. The department offers Master of Technology courses in Machine Design Engineering, Production and Industrial Systems Engineering, Thermal System Engineering, and Welding Engineering. The department has also started M.Tech programme in CAD, CAM and Robotics from the year 2005. The department has laboratory and workshop facilities with modern sophisticated equipment to carry out research in all areas related to Mechanical and Production & Industrial Engineering. The faculty actively participates in sponsored research and consultancy work.