Areas of Interest
- Machine design, Low frequency vibration comfort
|B.Sc. (Engg.)||Mechanical Engg.||Agra University||1984|
|M.E.||Machine Design||University of Roorkee||1987|
|Ph.D.||Mechanical Engineering||I.I.T. Roorkee||2004|
Sponsored Research Projects
|Influence of Low Frequency Vibration on Activity Comfort while Travelling by Railway Vehicles||Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency,SIDA||0|
|Effect of low frequency vibration on human comfort||S.E.R.C., D.S.T., New Delhi||0|
|Collaboration in Research and Development of New Curriculum in Sound and Vibration||EU Asia Link Program||0|
|Vertical Dynamics and Ride Analysis of Three wheeled motor vehicles||S.E.R.C., D.S.T., New Delhi||0|
- The Institution of Engineers (India) (HQ. Calcutta), Life Member
- Indian Society for Mechanical Engineers (HQ. New Delhi), Life Member
Visits to outside institutions
|Institute Visited||Purpose of Visit||Date|
|Royal Institute of Technology (KTH), Stockholm||To attend the Consortium meeting of European Commission Asia-Link Programme, "Collaboration in Research and Development of New Curriculum in Sound & Vibration".||August 21|
Refereed Journal Papers
- Saran, V.H. and Goel, V. K., 2000, “Rolling dynamic stiffness and damping characteristics of small sized pneumatic tyres”, Proc. I. Mech.E, Part D, 214(3), pp. 243-248.
- Ramji, K, Goel, V. K., and Saran, V. H., 2002, “Stiffness properties of small sized pneumatic tyres”, Proc. I. Mech.E, Part D, 216, pp.107-114.
- M.K. Bhiwapurkar, V.H. Saran S.P. Harsha, V.K.Goel and Mats Berg, 2010, ”Influence of Mono-axis Random Vibration on Reading Activity”, Industrial Health, V. 48, pp. 675 -681.
- M.K. Bhiwapurkar, V.H. Saran S.P. Harsha, 2010, “Effect of Multi-axis Whole Body Vibration Exposures and Subject Postures on Typing Performance”, International Journal of Engineering Science and Technology, Vol. 2(8), 3614-3620.
- M.K. Bhiwapurkar, V.H. Saran S.P. Harsha, 2010, “Effect of Multi-axis Vibration and Subject Postures on Sketching Distortion”, International Journal of Engineering Science and Technology, Vol. 2(10), 14-24.
- M. Desta, V.H. Saran, S.P. Harsha, June 2011 “Effects of Inter-Subject Variability and Vibration Magnitude on Vibration Transmission to Head during Exposure to Whole-Body Vertical Vibration”, International Journal of Acoustics and Vibration, Vol 16, No.2, pp. 88- 97.
- M.K. Bhiwapurkar, V.H. Saran S.P. Harsha, V.K.Goel and Mats Berg, 2011 “Effect of magnitudes and directions (mono-axis and multi-axis) of whole body-vibration exposures and subjects postures on the sketching performance”, Proc. I. Mech. E.,Part F, Jnl. Of Rail & Rapid Transit, Vol. 225, No. 1, pp. 71-83.
- M. K. Bhiwapurkar, V.H. Saran, S.P. Harsha, Nov. 2011, “Objective and subjective responses of seated subjects while reading Hindi newspaper under multi axis whole-body vibration Int. Jnl. of Industrial Ergonomics, Vol 141, pp. 625- 633.
- Bhiwapurkar, M. K., Saran V. H., Harsha, S. P., Quantitative evaluation of distortion in sketching under mono and dual axis whole body vibration, Industrial Health, V. 49, No. 4, pp. 410-20, 2011.
- Ramasamy Narayanamoorthy, V. Huzur Saran, Nov. 2011, “ Error Analysis of Task Performance with Laptop in Vibration Environment”, Computers in Human Behaviour, Vol. 27, pp. 2263-2270.
- Ramasamy Narayanamoorthy, V. Huzur Saran, Jan. 2012, "Investigation of activity performance on laptop in vibration environment", International Journal of Industrial Ergonomics 42, pp 513-524.
- M. K. Bhiwapurkar, V.H. Saran, S.P. Harsha, June 2012, “Interference in reading an e-paper under Whole-body Vibration exposure with subject posture", Int. Jnl. of Acoustics and Vibration, Vol 11, No. 2, pp. 100- 107.
- Ramji, K., Saran, V. H., Gupta, A., Goel, V. K. and Kumar, V., , “Road roughness measurements in India”, Journal of Institution of Engineers (India), vol. 85, Nov. 2004, pp. 193-201.
- Saran, V.H. and Goel, V.K., “Ride Behaviour of Three-Wheeled Vehicle- Model and Optimization” Advances in Vibration Engineering, Vol. 6, No. 1, 2007, pp. 65-78.
- R. Narayanamoorthy, V. K. Goel, V. H. Saran, ‘Vibration measurement- a tool for evaluating activity comfort in trains’, Journal of Instrumentation Society of India, V 39, No.3, Sept. 2009.
- P. Pul Singh, Jitendra Yadav, M.K. Bhiwapurkar, V.H. Saran, S.P. Harsha, ‘A Futuristic Model for Activity Comfort using Artificial Neural Network’, Special Issue AFTMME ‘10, Indian Jnl. Of Engineering, Science and Technology, V.4, No. 1, pp. 108-113, February 2010.
- S.K. Chand, P.P. Chalotra, Prakash Kumar and V. H. Saran, ‘Modal analysis and vibration transmissibility characteristics of human hand arm system under different posture using impact drill machine’, MIT Int. Jnl. Of Mech. Engg., Vol. 3, No. 1, Jan. 2013, pp 43 -50.
- P.P. Chalotra, S.K. Chand, Prakash Kumar and V. H. Saran, ‘Comparison of the transmission of whole-body vibration to the body segments of standing subjects holding handle and hand rail’, MIT Int. Jnl. Of Mech. Engg., Vol. 3, No. 1, Jan. 2013, pp 63 -68.
- V. Kumar, V. H. Saran & Rajeev Kumar,. Effect of vibration magnitude and seated posture on reading activity in fore and aft vibration. IJTARME,V2, No.2, 2013, pp 49-54.
- A.S. Prashanth, N.V. Amar Kishore, V. H. Saran and S.P. Harsha, ‘Analysis of Seated Human Body Under Low Frequency Vibrations Using Transmissibility and Driving Point Mechanical Impedance’, Int Jnl of Engg Res & Tech, V.2, No. 6, June 2013, pp. 734 -744.
- Vikas Kumar, V. H. Saran, A review of the performance of reading activity by seated subjects exposed to whole body vibration. Int. J. Mech. Eng. & Rob., 1, 2014, pp. 193-198.
- Vikas Kumar, V. H. Saran, Influence of reading format on reading activity under uniaxial whole body vibration. International Journal of Industrial Ergonomics, Vol 44, 2014, pp. 520-527.
- Ishbir Singh, S.P. Nigam, V.H. Saran, Modal analysis of human body vibration model for Indian subjects under sitting posture, Ergonomics, October 2014.