- Non-conventional machining, abrasive based finishing processes, micro-machining, Rapid Prototyping
|2012||--||Assistant Professor||MIED, IIT Roorkee|
|2012||2012||Post-Doctoral Fellow||Ecole Polytechnique Federal de Lausanne (EPFL), Switzerland|
|1999||2000||Engineer||Kirloskar Brothers Ltd.|
|PhD||Superfinishing (Magnetic abrasive finishing)||IIT Delhi||2011|
|M.Tech.||FE analysis of ECSM||MNNIT, Allahabad||2003|
|Vibration assisted polishing of non-conducting and non- magnetic materials||SRIC, IIT Roorkee||2013|
|Investigations into improvement of MRR in traveling wire ECSM using magnetic field||DST India||2014|
|Measurement of Diffusible Hydrogen and Residual Stresses in Welded P91 Steel||BHEL Haridwar||2017|
|Topic||Scholar Name||Status of PHD||Registration Year|
|Travelling Wire Electro chemical spark machining (ECSM)||Navratan Kaushik||A||2012|
|Materials Processing||Ankit Saxena||O||2013|
|Al 7xxx based Metal Matrix Composites||Sujit SV||O||2015|
|Metal matrix composite||Umashankar Tripathi||O||2017|
Book Chapter titled, "Magnetic Abrasive Finishing", in Nonconventional Finishing Technologies by Polish Scientific Publishers (PWN), Poland, page nos.125-140
A) International Journals Papers (Published/Accepted/Comunmicated)
- R.S. Mulik and Vinod Yadava, Thermal stresses during electro-chemical spark machining, Int. J. Manufacturing Technology and Management, Vol. 7, Nos. 2/3/4, 287- 307 (2005).
- R.S. Mulik and P. M. Pandey, Mechanism of surface finishing in ultrasonic assisted magnetic abrasive finishing process, Materials and Manufacturing Processes, 25, 1418-1427 (2010)*.
- R.S. Mulik and P. M. Pandey, Ultrasonic assisted magnetic abrasive finishing of hardened AISI 52100 steel using unbonded SiC abrasives, Int J of Refractory Metals & Hard Materials, 29, 68-77 (2011)*.
- R.S. Mulik and P. M. Pandey, Magnetic abrasive finishing of hardened AISI 52100 steel, Int J of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, 55, 501-515 (2011).
- R.S. Mulik and P. M. Pandey, Experimental Investigations and Optimization of Ultrasonic Assisted Magnetic Abrasive Finishing Process, IMechE- Part B, J. of Engineering Manufacture, 225 (8), 1347-1362 (2011).
- R.S. Mulik, V. Srivastava and P. M. Pandey, Experimental investigations and modeling of temperature distribution in the work-brush interface during ultrasonic assisted magnetic abrasive finishing process, Materials and Manufacturing Processes, 27, 1-9, (2012).
- R.S. Mulik and P. M. Pandey, Experimental investigations and modeling of finishing force and torque in ultrasonic assisted magnetic abrasive finishing, J. of Manufacturing Sci. (ASME), 134, 051008 (2012).
- V. Mishra, H. Goel, R.S. Mulik, and P.M. Pandey, Finite element analysis of magnetic abrasive finishing process to determine work-brush interface temperature, J Manufacturing Processes (SME), 16(2), 248 (2014)
- N Rattan, R S Mulik, Improvement in Material Removal Rate (MRR) Using Magnetic Field in TW-ECSM Process, Materials and Manufacturing Processes,32(1), 101-107 (2017).
- Nav Rattan and Rahul S. Mulik “Experimental investigations and multi-response optimization of magnetic field assisted TW-ECSM process”, Accepted for publication in Silicon journal. DOI: 10.1007/s12633-016-9521-x.
B) International Conferences Papers (Published/communicated)
- V.A. Kamble and R.S. Mulik, Shape Optimization of 'S' Type Load Cell Using Finite Element Method, International Conference on Advances in Mechanical Engineering-2006 (AME 2006),at Baba Banda Singh Bahadur Engineering College, Fatehgarh Sahib, Punjab, India. 1-3 December, 2006.
- R.S. Mulik and P. M. Pandey, Experimental study to determine work-brush interface temperature in magnetic abrasive finishing process, PFAM-19, University of Auckland (NZ), 14-17 January, 2011.
- R.S. Mulik and P. M. Pandey, Experimental investigations into the finishing force and torque in magnetic abrasive finishing process, communicated to ASME IMECE, November, 2013.
C) National Conferences Papers (Published)
- R.S. Mulik, S.A. Pujari and K.P. Joshi, Evaluation of Electrochemical Arc machining (ECAM), National Conference on Computational Methods in Mechanical Engineering (Computime 05) at Osmania University, Hyderabad, India. 16-17 September, 2005.
- R.S. Mulik, V.R. Naik and K.P. Joshi, Use of Advanced Manufacturing Machining in Composites, National Conference on Recent Trends in Manufacturing at K.I.T. Kolhapur (M.S.), India. 6-8 January 2006.
Device for Ultrasonic Assisted Magnetic Abrasive Finishing Process (UAMAF) and process thereof. An Indian patent application has been filed (1200/DEL/2010).
- MI-102, Manufacturing Techniques MI-232, Manufacturing Technology - II MI-435 Work System Design MI-511C, Modeling and Simulation