Areas of Interest
- Thermal Engineering, Refrigeration & Air-Conditioning, Two-phase Flow & Heat Transfer, Instrumentation and Measurements
Honors and Awards
|Outstanding Teacher||Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee||2011|
|Star Performer||Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee||2005-2006|
|Star Performer||Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee||2004-2005|
|Star performer||Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee||2003-2004|
|M.Tech.||Thermal Engg.||REC, Bhopal||1990|
|Ph..D.||Mechanical||University of Roorkee||2000|
Sponsored Research Projects
|Enhancement of Inside Tube Flow Boiling Heat Transfer of Eco-friendly Refrigerants||Department of Science & Technology||2016|
|Experimental Investigation of 700 MWe Specific Full Length Channel Deformation (Sagging) Behaviour||Department of Atomic Energy||2016|
|Experiments in Design Fire Environment Facility Relevant to NPPS||Department of Atomic Energy||2016|
|Channel heat-up Study under Slumped Fuel Condition for PHWR||Department of Atomic Energy||2016|
|Sustainable Technologies for Distributed Level Application and Energy Support to Rural Development||DST-FBK Trento (Italy)||2015|
|Assessment of Radiation Heat Transfer for 19 Pin PHWR fuel bundle under Heat-up Condition||Department of Atomic Energy||2012|
|Critical Heat Flux Data Collection under Pool Boiling Conditions||Department of Atomic Energy||2012|
|Enhancement of Heat Transfer During Condensation of Ozone Safe Refrigerants Over Single Horizont||Departmetn of Science & Technology||2011|
|Studies on Effectiveness of Iodine and Heat Removal from PHWR Primary Containment during LOCA by||Department of Atomic Energy, Government of India||2010|
|Development of Fire Test Facility for Defining the Design Fire Environment Relevant For NPPs||Department of Atomic Energy||2010|
|Full Length Channel Heat Up Experiments||Department of Atomic Energy, Government of India||2010|
|Experimental Investigation of the Rewetting of Fuel Rod Cluster||Department of Atomic Energy, Government of India||2009|
|Experimental Investigation of the Asymmetric Heating of Pressure Tubes||Department of Atomic Energy, Government of India||2009|
|A Parametric Study of Performance of a Coriolis Mass Flow Rate Meter||Departmetn of Science & Technology, Government of India||2007|
|A Study of Forced Convection Condensation of Eco-friendly Refrigerants Inside a Horizontal Tube||Departmetn of Science & Technology, Government of India||2005|
|Channel heat-up Experiment: ballooning of pressure tube||Department of Atomic Energy, Government of India||2004|
|Channel Heat-up Experiment: pressure tube sagging in accidental coolant loss||Department of Atomic Energy, Government of India||2002|
|Center for Heat Transfer Studies In Eco-friendly Refrigeration Systems||Ministry of Human Resources & Development||2002|
- Institution of Engineers (IE), India, Fellow
- Indian Society of Heating, Refrigerating & Air Conditioning Engineers (ISHRAE), Life Member
- American Society of Heating, Refrigerating Air Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE), Member and Student Branch Advisor
- Institut International du Froid International Institute of Refrigeration (IIFIIR), Member
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME), Member
- Indian Society of Heat and Mass Transfer (ISHMT), Life Member
|Topic||Scholar Name||Status of PHD||Registration Year|
|A Study of the Flow Characteristics of Refrigerant HFC-134a Flowing inside a Capillary Tube||Md. Kaleem Khan||A||2004|
|Performance Evaluation of Double Pass Solar Air Collector with and without Porous Material||Ramani Bharat||A||2005|
|Investigations on Pool and Cross Flow Boling outside Tube Bundles||Vikas Lakhera||A||2004|
|Pool Boiling of Nanofluids||R. Kathir Ravan||A||2006|
|Augmentation of Heat Transfer During Forced Condensation of Refrigerants inside Horizontal Tubes||Ramakant Shrivastava||A||2004|
|Heat Transfer during Condensation of Refrigerants over Single Horizontal Finned tubes||Pravin P. Rathode||A||2006|
|Flow Characteristics of R-407C in Adiabatic and Diabatic Coiled Capillary Tubes||Madhup K. Mittal||A||2007|
|Heat Transfer Enhancement by inserts during Condensation of R-245fa inside a Horizontal Tube||Parmanand Kumar||A||2006|
|Experimental Simulation of Heat Transfer During the Accidental Coolant Loss||Gopal Nandan||A||2004|
|A Study on the Rewetting of Hot Surfaces by Impinging Jet Cooling||Chitranjan||A||2009|
|Asymmetrical ballooning of fuel rod cluster||Ashwini K. Yadav||A||2009|
|Enhancement of Heat Transfer during Condensation of Refrigerants||Abhinav Gupta||A||2009|
|Study of Flow Boiling Heat Transfer of Refrigerants through Tubes||Arijit Kundu||A||2011|
|Vapour Condensation of Refrigerant over a Horizontal Integral-Fin Tube||Sanjeev K. Sajjan||A||2011|
|Experimental Investigation of Fire in Nuclear Power Plant||B. K. Dhurander||A||2012|
|Hydrological and Thermal Failures Studies in Nuclear Power Plants||Sujay Negi||A||2013|
|Assessment of Radiation Heat Transfer for 19 Pins PHWR Fuel Bundle under Heat-up Condition||Mukesh Sharma||O||2012|
|Rewetting of Fuel Rod Bundle in AHWR||Mithlesh Kumar||O||2010|
|A Study on the Flow of Refrigerants Through a Capillary Tube||D. Santosh Kumar||O||2013|
|Investigations on the Condensation of Refrigerants inside a Horizontal Tube||Anand Solanki||O||2014|
|Effect of Surface Roughness on CHF of a Calendria Tube of a PHWR||Subodh K Yadav||O||2014|
|Investigations on the High Efficiency Solar Heater for Rural Applications||Ankit Dev||O||2016|
|Channel heat-up under Slumped Fuel Condition for PHWR||Ketan Ajay||O||2016|
|Experimental Investigation of 700 MWe Specific Full Length Channel Deformation (Sagging) Behaviou||Madhuri Bhadauria (Ms.)||O||2016|
|Enhancement of Boiling using inside Tube Structures and Related Numerical Under standing||Darshan M.B||O||2016|
|Large Scale Solid Fuel Fire in an Enclosure||Mahesh Kumar Tiwari||O||2016|
|Assessment of Spray Cooling adequacy for 220 MWe Specific Channel under Heatup Condition||Bhuvnesh Kumar||O||2017|
|Augmentation of Heat Transfer during Condensation over Single Horizontal Integral-fin Tubes||Maheshbhai J. Vanjara||O||2017|
Courses or Conferences Organised
|Conference Name||Sponsored By||Date|
|XIII ISME Conference||ISME||31.12.2003|
|3rd Uttarakhand State S&T Conference||UCOST||10.11.2008|
|Indo-German Winter Academy 2009||Univ. of Erlangen Germany||13.12.2009|
|National Conference on Fire Research and Engineering: FiRE 2014||BARC, Mumbai||1.3.2014|
Special Lectures Delivered
|Refrigeration & Airconditioning||National Programme on Technology Enhanced Learning||18.7.2016|
National International Collaboration
|India-Trento Program on Advanced Research (ITPAR – PHASE III)||DST-FBK Trento Italy||RP|
|DST-MST (Ukraine) 2008-10||Odessa State Academy of Refrigeration, Odessa, Ukraine||RP|
|DST-DFG (Germany) 2008-10.||Technical University, Dresden, Germany||RP|
|IIT-DAAD (Germany) faculty exchange, 2007||Technical University, Dresden, Germany||RP|
|Indo-Ireland Cooperative Science Programme 2011-13||Trinity College Dublin, Ireland||RP|
Refereed Journal Papers
LAST FIVE YEARS (2013 onwards)
- D. Santhosh Kumar, Ravi Kumar, Experimental investigation on flow of R-600a inside a diabatic helically coiled capillary tube: Concentric configuration, Int. J. refrigeration, vol 86, pp, 186-192, 2018
- A. Chaudhary, Akhilesh Gupta, Kumar, S., Ravi Kumar, Thermal Environment Induced by Jatropha Oil Pool Fire in a Compartment, Journal of Thermal Analysis and Calorimetry, Vol 127, pp. 2397-2415. 2017.
- Sujay Negi, Ravi Kumar, Prasanna Majumdar , D. Mukopadhyay, Full length channel pressure tube sagging study under postulated LOCA with un-availability of ECCS in an Indian PHWR, Nuclear Engineering Design, Vol320, pp. 361-373, 2017.
- Sujay Negi, Ravi Kumar, Prasanna Majumdar , D. Mukopadhyay, Full Length Channel Pressure Tube Sagging under Completely Voided Full Length Pressure Tube of an Indian PHWR, Vol 313, pp.236-22, 1017
- Chitranjan, Ravi Kumar, Akhilesh Gupta, Barun Chatterjee, Rewetting of Hot Vertical Rod during Jet Impingement Surface Cooling, Heat and Mass Transfer, Vol. 52, pp. 1203–1217, 2016.
- Chitranjan, Ravi Kumar, Akhilesh Gupta, Barun Chatterjee, Rewetting of Vertical Hot Surface with Round Water Jet Impingement Cooling, Heat and Mass Transfer, Vol 18 (13), 2017.
- Mithlesh Kumar, D. Mukhopadhyay, A. K. Sen, Ravi Kumar, Radial Jet Induced Rewetting Study for Heated Rod, Experimental Thermal and Fluid Science, Vol. 79, 283–293, 2016.
- A.K. Khatua, Parmanand Kumar, H.N. Singh, Ravi Kumar, Measurement of enhanced heat transfer coefficient with perforated twisted tape inserts during condensation of R‑245fa, Heat and Mass Transfer, Vol (52), pp. 683-692, 2016.
- Chitranjan, Ravi Kumar, Akhilesh Gupta, Barun Chatterjee, Determination of Rewetting Velocity during Jet Impingement Cooling of Hot Vertical Rod, J. Thermal Analysis and Calorimetry, Vol. 123 (1), pp. 861–871, 2015.
- Chitranjan, Ravi Kumar, Akhilesh Gupta, Barun Chatterjee, Maximum Surface Heat Flux during Jet Impingement Quenching of Vertical Hot Surface, J Enhanced Heat Transfer, Vol. 22 (3), pp. 199–219, 2015.
- S.K. Sajjan, Ravi Kumar, Akhilesh Gupta, Experimental Investigation during Condensation of R-600a Vapour over Single Horizontal Integral Fin Tubes, Int. J. Heat and Mass Transfer, Vol. 88, pp. 247-255, 2015.
- S.K. Sajjan, Ravi Kumar, Akhilesh Gupta, Experimental Investigation of Vapour Condensation of Iso-butane over Single Horizontal plain tube under different Vapour Pressure, Applied Thermal Engineering, Vol. 76, pp. 435-440, 2015.
- Arijit Kundu, Ravi Kumar, Akhilesh Gupta, Evaporative heat transfer of R134a and R407C inside a smooth tube with different inclinations, Int. J. Heat and Mass Transfer, Vol. 76, pp. 523–533, 2014.
- Abhinav Gupta, Ravi Kumar, Akhilesh Gupta, Condensation of R-134a inside a Helically Coiled tube-in-shell Heat Exchanger, Experimental Thermal and Fluid Science, Vol. 54, pp. 279-289, 2014.
- Chitranjan, Ravi Kumar, Akhilesh Gupta, Barun Chatterjee, Effect of Nozzle Geometry on The Rewetting of Hot Surface during Jet Impingement Cooling, Experimental Heat Transfer, Vol. 27, pp.256–275, 2014.
- A.K. Yadav, Ravi Kumar, Akhilesh Gupta, Chatterjee, B, Deb Mukhopadhyay, Lele H.G., Experimental Investigation on Circumferential and Axial Temperature Gradient over Fuel Channel under LOCA, Heat and Mass Transfer, Vo. 50, pp. 737-746, 2014.
- Chitranjan, Ravi Kumar, Akhilesh Gupta, Barun Chatterjee, Effect of Jet Diameter on the Maximum Surface Heat Flux during Quenching of Hot Surface, Nuclear Engineering Design, Vol. 265, pp. 727-236, 2013.
- A.K. Yadav, Ravi Kumar, Akhilesh Gupta, Barun Chatterjee, Prasanna Majumdar, Deb Mukhopadhyay, Thermomechanical Behavior of Pressure Tube Under Small Break Loss of Coolant Accident for PHWR, ASME J. of Pressure Vessel Technology, Vol. 135, pp. 041601-1-9, 2013.
- Chitranjan, Ravi Kumar, Akhilesh Gupta, Barun Chatterjee, Determination of rewetting on hot horizontal surface with water jet impingement through a sharp edge nozzle, Int J Thermal Science, Vol. 71 310-323, 2013.
- Chitranjan, Ravi Kumar, Akhilesh Gupta, Barun Chatterjee, Determination of Rewetting on Hot Horizontal Surface With Water Jet Impingement Through a Sharp Edge Nozzle, ASME J. Thermal Science and Engineering Applications Vol. 5, 011007-1-10, 2013.
- P.C. Ramteke, Ravi Kumar, Akhilesh Gupta K., P.K. Sharma, Experimental Investigation and CFD Simulation of Hydrocarbon Pool Fire, J. of Applied Fire Science, Vol. 22 (2), pp. 201-222, 2013.
- Chitranjan A., O.F. Lyons, Ravi Kumar, Akhilesh Gupta, D.B. Murray, Rewetting of a hot horizontal surface through mist jet impingement cooling, Int. J. of Heat and Mass Transfer Vol. 58 188–196, 2013.
- Yadav, A.K, Prasanna Majumdar, Ravi Kumar, Barun Chatterjee, Akhilesh Gupta, Deb Mukhopadhyay, Experimental simulation of asymmetric heat up of coolant channel under small break LOCA condition for PHWR, Nuclear Engineering and Design. Vol. 255, pp. 138-145, 2013.
- A.K. Yadav, Prasanna Majumdar, Ravi Kumar, Barun Chatterjee, Akhilesh Gupta, H.G. Lele, Experimental investigation of symmetric and asymmetric heating of pressure tube under accident conditions for Indian PHWR, Nuclear Engineering and Design, Vol. 254, pp. 300-307, 2013.