Sneha Singh Assistant Professor snehafme[at]iitr.ac.in +91-1332-28-4907
Areas of Interest
- Acoustics, Noise Control, Smart materials, Machinery condition monitoring
Honors and Awards
|I-INCE Young Professional Award||International Institute of Noise Control Engineering||2015|
|Best Student Paper Award||International Congress and Exhibition on Noise Control Engineering (INTERNOISE)||2015|
|Merit cum Means Scholarship||IIT Kharagpur||2008|
|Ph.D.||Automotive NVH (Mechanical Engineering)||University of Warwick||2016|
|B.Tech. (Honours)||Manufacturing Science and Engineering||IIT Kharagpur||2011|
Refereed Journal Papers
- S. Singh, S. Potala, and A. R. Mohanty (2018). “An improved method of detecting engine misfire by sound quality metrics of radiated sound”, Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part D: Journal of Automobile Engineering, 0954407018818693, 1-13. doi: 10.1177/0954407018818693
- S. Singh, and A. R. Mohanty (2018). “HVAC noise control using natural materials to improve vehicle interior sound quality”, Applied Acoustics, Vol. 140, 100-109. doi: 10.1016/j.apacoust.2018.05.013
- S. Singh, and A. R. Mohanty (2018). “Measurement of boiling liquid levels by decomposition of sound waves in a waveguide”, Applied Acoustics, Vol. 129, 248-257. doi: 10.1016/j.apacoust.2017.08.005
- S. Singh, S. R. Payne, J. B. Mackrill, and P. A. Jennings (2015). “Do experiments in the virtual world effectively predict how pedestrians evaluate electric vehicle sounds in the real world?”, Transportation Research Part F: Traffic Psychology and Behavior, Vol. 35, 119-131. doi: 10.1016/j.trf.2015.10.012
- S. Singh, S. R. Payne, and P. A. Jennings (2014). “Toward a Methodology for Assessing Electric Vehicle Exterior Sounds”, IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems, Vol. 15, No. 4, 1790-1800. doi: 10.1109/TITS.2014.2327062
- S. Singh, and S. Deb (2014). “An intelligent methodology for optimizing machining operation sequence by ant system algorithm”, International Journal of Industrial and Systems Engineering, Vol. 16, No. 4, pp. 451-471. doi: 10.1504/IJISE.2014.060654
- S. Singh, and A. R. Mohanty (2017). “Detection of boiling liquid levels by decomposition of acoustic waves measured using a waveguide”, 24th International Congress on Sound and Vibration (ICSV24), London, UK, Paper No. 683.
- S. Singh, S. R. Payne, J. B. Mackrill, and P. A. Jennings (2014). “Using virtual environments as a tool to evaluate electric vehicle sounds”, Hybrid and Electric Vehicles Conference (HEVC 2014), 5th IET, London, UK. doi: 10.1049/cp.2014.0948
- S. Singh, S. Potala, and A. R. Mohanty (2018). “Cylinder misfire detection using engine sound quality metrics and random forest classifier”, 25th International Congress on Sound and Vibration (ICSV25), Hiroshima, Japan, Paper No. 931.
- S. Singh, S. Potala, and A. R. Mohanty (2017). “Support vector machine classifier for engine misfire detection using exhaust sound quality”, 24th International Congress on Sound and Vibration (ICSV24), London, UK, Paper No. 1266.
- S. Singh, S. Potala, S. Fatima, and A. R. Mohanty (2016). “Misfiring Identification of a Petrol Engine using Sound Quality Metrics”, International symposium on Acoustics for Engineering Applications (NSA-2016), Acoustical Society of India, Gurugram, India, Paper No. 70.
- S. Singh, S. R. Payne, J. B. Mackrill, and P. A. Jennings (2015). “Perceived sound quality of additional alert sounds of an electric vehicle”, INTER-NOISE and NOISE-CON Congress and Conference Proceedings, San Francisco, USA, Vol. 250, No. 3, pp. 3975-3982.
- S. Singh, S. R. Payne, J. B. Mackrill, and P. A. Jennings (2014). “Evaluation of electric vehicle sounds in a virtual and a real life environment - a comparative study”, Aachen Acoustics Colloquium, Aachen, Germany, 24-26 November, 2014.
- S. Singh, S. R. Payne, and P. A. Jennings (2013). “Detection and emotional evaluation of an electric vehicle's exterior sound in a simulated environment”, INTER-NOISE 2013, Innsbruck, Austria, paper no. 807.