Abinash Kumar Swain
Abinash Kumar Swain Assistant Professor firstname.lastname@example.org +91-1332-28-5277
Areas of Interest
- Machine Design, Computer Aided Design (CAD), Product Design, FEM , Algorithms design and development
- Impact Mechanics,Penetration and Perforation,Impact Modeling, Design of Automotive Systems, Crashworthiness and Occupant Safety
- Dimensioning, Tolerancing, Computational Metrology
- Design sustainability, Product Lifecycle Management (PLM)
|April 2012||Nov 2013||Assistant Professor||IIT Guwahati|
|Nov 2013||Present||Assistant Professor||IIT Roorkee|
Honors and Awards
|High value National Doctoral Fellowship (NDF)||Government of India||2006-2009|
|PhD||Product Design and CAD||Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore||2012|
Sponsored Research Projects
|Parametric study of Kinetic energy projectiles against thick RCC target||DRDO, Ministry of Defence, Govt of India||2019|
|Development of CAD platform for Sustainable Product Realization||SERB, DST, Government of India||2015|
|Title||Course Code||Class Name||Semester|
|Computer Aided Design (CAD)||MIN-559||M.Tech and B.Tech||Autumn|
|Mechanical Engineering Drawing||MIN-108||B.Tech Mechanical||Spring|
|Mechanics of Material||MIN-206||B.Tech Mechanical||Spring|
|Machine Drawing||MIN-204||B.Tech Mechanical||Spring|
|Machine Design||MIN-302||B.Tech Mechanical||Spring|
|Engineering Analysis and Design||MIN-291||B.Tech Mechanical||Autumn|
|Topic||Scholar Name||Status of PHD||Registration Year|
|Manufacturability analysis of Prismatic parts||Manish Kumar Gupta||O||2014|
|Liaison to support Assembly Variant Design||Shantanu Kumar Das||O||2014|
|Aircraft Assembly Joint Representation||Bibhuti Bhusan Sarangi||O||2017|
|Geometric process of CAD model for simulation||Raushan Kumar Singh||O||2018|
Refereed Journal Papers
- Swain, Abinash Kumar, Dibakar Sen, and B. Gurumoorthy. "Extended liaison as an interface between product and process model in assembly." Robotics and Computer-Integrated Manufacturing 30.5 (2014): 527-545.
- Swain, Abinash Kumar, Dibakar Sen, and B. Gurumoorthy. “Use of liaison to better integrate product and process.” Technical Report No. CADL/2011-1, August 2011.
- Abinash, Kumar Swain, Ray Siddhartha, and Nirmal Kumar Mandal. "Study on Kerf Width in Wire-EDM Based on Taguchi Method." Applied Mechanics and Materials. Vol. 110. Trans Tech Publications, 2012.
- Raja, R. Thanigaivel, and Abinash Kumar Swain. A numerical model for conceptualization of airbag. No. 2016-28-0037. SAE Technical Paper, 2016.
- Thanigaivel Raja, T., and Abinash Kumar Swain. "Investigation of the vehicle restraint system in a frontal impact." International journal of crashworthiness 22.6 (2017): 662-675.
- Das, Shantanu Kumar, and Abinash Kumar Swain. "Classification, representation and automatic extraction of adhesively bonded assembly features." Assembly Automation (2019) 39.4: 607-623.
- Gupta, Manish Kumar, Abinash Kumar Swain, and Pramod Kumar Jain. "A novel approach to recognize interacting features for manufacturability evaluation of prismatic parts with orthogonal features." The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology (2019): 105.1-4 (2019): 343-373.
- Swain, A.K., Sen, D., Gurumoorthy, B., “Associativity between product model and process Model”, 6th International Conference in Product Lifecycle Management (PLM 09), July 06-08th 2009, pp. 3-14, University of Bath, UK, 2009.
- Swain, A.K., Sen, D., Gurumoorthy, B., “Concurrent evolution of assembly process model with product model towards Integrated Product Definition”, International Conference on Trends in Product Life Cycle, Modeling, Simulation, and Synthesis PLMSS-2011,December 05-07th 2011,pp. 240-248,PSG college of Technology, Peelamedu, Coimbatore, India.
- Das, Shantanu Kumar, and Abinash Kumar Swain, “Representation of liaison for plastic assembly”, In International conference on trends in product life cycle, modeling, simulation and synthesis (PLMSS), 2015, 15-17th December 2015, BITS-Pilani, Hyderabad campus, Hyderabad-5000078, India.
- Mittal, S., Swain, A. K., “An integrated approach towards weight estimation from CAD model with tolerances”, In International conference on trends in product life cycle, modeling, simulation and synthesis (PLMSS), 2015, 15-17th December 2015, BITS-Pilani, Hyderabad campus, Hyderabad-5000078, India.
- Das, S.K., Swain, A. K. , “Knowledge-Based Application of Liaison for Variant Design”. IFIP Advances in Information and Communication Technology, vol. 492(2016), pp: 365-374 Springer.
- Singh, J., Swain, A. K., “Decision support System for Sustainable Assessment of Assembly in Conceptual Design”, International Conference on Trends in Product Life Cycle, Modelling, Simulation and synthesis, PLMSS-2017, Defence Institute of Advanced Technology, Pune, India, December 13-15 2017, P-89-103.
- Gupta, M.K., Swain, A. K., Jain, P.K., “Quantitative Estimation of Manufacturability of Prismatic Parts”, International Conference on Trends in Product Life Cycle, Modelling, Simulation and synthesis, PLMSS-2017, Defence Institute of Advanced Technology, Pune, India, December 13-15 2017, pp-398-412.
- Gupta, M.K., Jain, P.K., Swain, A. K., “Development of manufacturability indices for prismatic parts”, Proceedings of 7th International and 28th All India Manufacturing Technology, Design and Research Conference (AIMTDR 2018), Chennai, India, Dec. 13-15, 2018.
- MHRD PhD positions are available in the area of Design and analysis of energy absorbing materials,Isogeometric analysis, Blast dynamics, Fracture and control fragmentation in blast loading, Knowledge representation in CAD. JRF positions leading to PhD are also available in the above area.
- Prospective Students: Project positions/JRF positions available in various research projects, Expertise in analysis software: Ansys, Abaqus, Autodyn Modelling Software: Solidworks, Catia
- Project positions/JRF positions available in Modelling and simulation Expertise in Mechanics of material and Dynamics, Blast modelling, Expertise in analysis software:Ansys, Abaqus, Autodyn Modelling Software:Solidworks, Catia