- List of candidates shortlisted for PhD interview after written test Posted On: 14 May, 2019
- List of candidates shortlisted for written test under Ph.D. admission for Autumn Semester 2019-20 Posted On: 24 Apr, 2019
- TEQIP-III course on Large Scale Scientific Computing Posted On: 23 Apr, 2019
- TEQIP-III sponsored FDP course on Large Scale Scientific Computing to be held from June 03-07, 2019 Posted On: 28 Mar, 2019
- TEQIP III APPROVED SHORT TERM COURSE: Mathematica as a teaching aid. Posted On: 27 Mar, 2019
- National Conference on Stochastic Differential Equations and Applications Posted On: 27 Mar, 2019
Lecture Series on "Weak Solutions, Stability and Stabilizability of PDE"
Speaker: Prof. Mythily Ramaswamy (TIFR CAM Bangalore)
Date: 6th to 10th May 2019 (Except on Wednesday 8th May)
Time: 04:00 P.M.
Abstract of the talk: The concepts of Stability and stabilizability for ODEs will be introduced and then Linear Regulator problem and feedback stabilization will be touched upon. For time-dependent PDEs, existence using semigroup theory will be outlined. Stability and stabilizability for such PDEs will be discussed.
About the Speaker: Mythily Ramaswamy is an Indian mathematician and professor in the Department of Mathematics at the Tata Institute of Fundamental Research Centre for Applied Mathematics in Bangalore. Her research involves Functional Analysis and Controllability of Partial Differential Equations. She obtained her doctorate in 1990 from Pierre and Marie Curie University in Paris under the supervision of Henri Berestycki. Ramaswamy was the 2004 winner of the Kalpana Chawla Award of the Karnataka State Council for Science and Technology, "given to a young woman scientist for achievements in the field of science and technology“. She was elected to the Indian Academy of Sciences in 2007. She became a Fulbright Scholar for 2016–2017, funding her to visit Michael Renardy at Virginia Tech.