Ameeya, Kumar Nayak
Areas of Interest
- Electroosmotic Flow, Finite element method, Population Balance Method, Reactor Modelling
- Two phase flow in porous media, Computational Biophysics, Microfluidics, Ventilation problems
Honors and Awards
|DAAD Fellowship for University Scientists||University of Stuttgart Germany||2015|
|Humboldt Fellowship for Experienced Researchers||ITLR, University of Stuttgart, Germany||2018|
|Ph.D.||Compuataional Fluid Dynamics||IIT Kharagpur, India||2003-2008|
|Postdoc||Reactor Modelling||Department of Chemical Engineering, NTNU, Norway||2008-2010|
|Postdoc||Two phase flow in Porous media||ICP, University of Stuttgart, Germany||2010-2011|
|2016||2018||SRIC Committee member||IIT Roorkee|
|2015||2018||OC-Computer Lab||IIT Roorkee|
|2015||2018||Member Secretary, DFC||IIT Roorkee|
Sponsored Research Projects
|Computational Investigation of Heat and Mass Transfer in Micro- and Nano Channel||SERB, India||2014|
|DME Project||DST (AISRF) under Indo-Australia Grand Project||2014|
|Transient Electroosmotic Flows||MHRD, IIT Rookee||2013|
|Microfluidic mixing of Newtonian/non-Newtonian fluids through charged channels||CSIR, India||2017|
|Thermokinetic transport and Microfluidic mixing of Newtonian/non-Newtonian fluids through patterned||SERB, India||2020|
Participation in seminars
|11th Engineering Mathematics and Applications Conference||Brisbane, Australia||IIT Roorkee||04/12/2013|
|International conference on Mathematical Modeling and computer simulation||IIT Madras, India||DST, India||08/12/2014|
|9th International Conference on Multiphase Flow||Firenze, Italy||IIT Roorkee||22/05/2016|
|10th International Conference on Multiphase Flow||Rio de Janeiro - RJ - Brazil||AvH Foundation, Germany||19/05/2019|
- American Chemical Society, Annual Member
- Indian Science Congress Association, Annual Member
|Topic||Scholar Name||Status of PHD||Registration Year|
|A Numerical Investigation of Newtonian/non-Newtoninan Fluid flows in Enclosures||Prvakar Jena||A||2012|
|Numerical Study of Heat Transfer and Entropy Generation in Nanofluid Filled Enclosure||Sumit Malik||A||2013|
|Numerical Investigation of Ventilation Problems Using Discrete heat and Contaminant Sources||Neha Gupta||A||2014|
|Electroosmotic Flow Mixing and Mass Transfer in Micro and Nano Fluidic Systems||Abhishek Banerjee||A||2014|
|Numerical Methods for Least Square Problems: Computational Aspects and Analysis||Nini||A||2013|
|Syngas Production from Methane via Dry Reforming Using Porous Nanocatalysts||Mumtaj Saha||A||2014|
|Electroosmotic flow and Heat Transfer of Newtonian/Non-Newtonian fluid in Micro and Nano Channel||Ainul Haque||O||2014|
|Mathematical Modelling of Human Respiratory Systems||Bharat Soni||O||2017|
|Electroosmotic flow in hydrophobic micro/nano channels||Anirban Chatterjee||O||2019|
|Numerical investigation of air ventilation in enclosures||Shivli Dhiman||O||2019|
Visits to outside institutions
|Institute Visited||Purpose of Visit||Date|
|Colorado School of Mines, USA||Research Associate||01/09/2010|
|University of Stuttgart, Germany||Guest Scientist||01/06/2017|
|QUT, Brisbane, Australia||To deliver an invited talk on EMAC13.||01/12/2013|
Courses or Conferences Organised
|Conference Name||Sponsored By||Date|
|International Conference on Mathematical Modeling and Computations in Biosystems||DST, IAMMS||12/03/2018|
|Electrokinetics in Porous Media (GIAN program)||MHRD, India||27/11/2017|
Special Lectures Delivered
|Mathematical modelling and Numerical Computation using MATLAB||IIT Rorkee||09/02/2015|
|Recent Advances on Computational Methods with Application||IIT Rorkee||30/06/2014|
|Recent Advances on Numerical Methods for Solving Engineering Problems||IIT Rorkee||13/02/2017|
|Numerical Modelling of Transport Phenomena in Fluid Flows for Engineering Applications||IIT Rorkee||18/02/2017|
|REAL LIFE PROBLEMS and its Model: a mathematical approach||Department of Mathematics, Ravenshaw University, Cuttack||31/03/2015|
National International Collaboration
|Electrokinetic flows in Micro/Nano channels.||ITLR, University of Stuttgart, Germany||RP|
|Electrokinetics in Porous Media||Université Savoie Mont-Blanc EDYTEM CNRS, France||RP|
|Two phase flow in Porous Media||ICP, University of Stuttgart, Germany||UG|
Refereed Journal Papers
Some of my selected publications:
- S. Bhattacharyya & A.K. Nayak 2007 Electroosmotic transport in charged cylindrical micro- and nano-channels. International Journal of Engineering science 45, 55-74. (I.F. 9.052)
- S. Bhattacharyya & A.K. Nayak 2008 Time periodic electro-osmotic transport in a charged micro/nano-channel. Colloids and Surfaces A: Physicochemical and Engineering Aspects. 325 (2008) 152–159.(I.F. 3.131)
- S. Bhattacharyya & A.K. Nayak, 2009 Electroosmotic flow in micro/nanochannels with surface potential heterogeneity: An analysis through the Nernst–Planck model with convection effect. Colloids and Surfaces A: Physicochemical and Engineering Aspects. 339 (2009) 167–177.(I.F. 3.131)
- S. Bhattacharyya & A.K. Nayak, 2010 Combined effect of surface roughness and heterogeneity of wall potential on electroosmosis in micro/nanofluidic channels. Journals of Fluids Engineering. 132, Issue 4 (2010) 041103(11pages) doi:10.1115/ 1.4001308. ASME, (I.F. 1.72)
- A.K. Nayak & S. Bhattacharyya, 2011 Double-diffusive convection in a cubical lid-driven cavity with opposing temperature and concentration gradients. Theoretical and Computational Fluid Dynamics. DOI 10.1007/s00162-011-0246-6 (2011). (I.F. 1.94)
- A. K. Nayak, Z. Borka, L. Patruno, F. Sporleder, C.A. Dorao, and H. A. Jakobsen, A Combined Multifluid-Population Balance Model for Vertical Gas-Liquid Bubble Driven Flows Considering Bubble Column Operating Conditions, Industrial and Engineering Chemistry Research (I&ECR) 50(3), 2011, 1786-1798. ACS, (I.F. 3.375)
- K. R. Rout, J. Solsvik, A. K. Nayak and H. A. Jakobsen, 2011 A Numerical Study of Multicomponent Mass diffusion and Convection in Porous Pellets for the Sorption-Enhanced Steam Methane Reforming and Desorption Processes, Chemical Engineering Science, vol: 66, Issue. 18, 4111-4126 (2011). (I.F. 3.372)
- A. K. Nayak 2011 An Analysis of Transient Electroosmotic flows Through Charged Cappilaries. Nanomechanics Science and Technology. An International Journal, 2(4), 2011, P.1-26. (I.F. 1.034)
- A. K. Nayak 2013 An Analysis of Steady/Unsteady Electroosmotic flows Through Charged cylindrical nano channel. Theoretical and Computational Fluid Dynamics Volume 27, Issue-6, pp 885-902. (I.F. 1.94).
- A. K. Nayak, P. K. Jena, P. A. Lakshmi Narayana 2014 Flow Simulation and Mixed Convection in a Lid-Driven Square Cavity with Saturated Porous Media. Journal of Porous Media, Volume 17(6): 537-548.
- A. K. Nayak 2014 Analysis of Mixing for Electroosmotic flow in micro/nano channels with heterogeneous surface potential. International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, 75, 135:144. (I.F. 4.346)
- A. K. Nayak, 2014 Enhancement of flow mixing in micro and nano channels. ANZIAM Journal, 55 pp.C47–C63, 2014.
- V. Kajjam, A. Nayak, V. K. Katiyar, B. Singh, S. Malik, 2015 Heat transfer effect of cavity ventilation on cold air in thermally insulated vented and unvented wall, Journal of Thermophysics and Heat Transfer, 30 (2), pp. 318-333. AIAA (I.F. 1.315).
- V. Kajjam, A. Nayak, V. K. Katiyar, B. Singh, Neha Gupta 2015 Thermosolutal mixed convection in an air filled ventilated enclosure with slot wise embedded heat and contaminant sources, Journal of Heat Transfer, 138, 032501-1-9. ASME. (I.F. 1.788).
- A.K. Nayak, S. Malik, K. Venkateshwarlu, P.K. Jena 2016 Magneto-convection and its effect on partially active thermal zones in a porous square domain, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer 95 (2016) 913–926. (I.F. 4.346).
- A. K. Nayak, A. Haque, A. Banerjee, B. Weigand, 2016 Flow Mixing and Electric Potential Effect of Binary Fluids in Micro/Nano Channels, Colloids and Surfaces A: Physicochemical and Engineering Aspects, 512 (2016) 145-156., (I.F. 3.131).
- A. K. Nayak, A. Haque, A. Banerjee, 2016, Thermosolutal mixed convection of a shear thinning fluid due to partially active mixed zones within a lid-driven cavity, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer. 106 (2016) 686-707, (I.F. 4.346).
- Malik, S. and Nayak,A. K.,(2017): MHD convection and entropy generation of nanofluid in a porous enclosure with sinusoidal heating. International journal of heat and mass transfer. 111,pp. 329-345.I.F. 4.346.
- Gupta, N. and Nayak,A. K.,(2017):Effects of heat induced polutants due to thermosolutalexchanger in ventilation system. Journal of Thermophysics and heat transfer (AIAA), https://doi.org/10.2514/1.T5210.I. F. 1.315.
- Gupta, N. and Nayak,A. K.,(2017):Conjugate heat and species transport in an air filled ventilated enclosure with a thermo-contaminated block.International journal of heat and mass transfer. 117 (2018),pp. 388-411. I.F. 4.346.
- Malik, S. and Nayak, A. K. ,(2017):Effect of moving walls on heat transfer and entropy generationin a nanofluid-filled enclosure. Engineering Mathematics, DOI 10.1007/s10665-017-9941-7,1-19, 2017. I.F. 1.8.
- Nayak,A. K., Banerjee, A. and Weigand, B., (2017): Mixing and charge transfer in a nanofluidicsystem due to patterned surface. Applied Mathematical Modelling. 54 (2018),pp. 483-501. I.F. 2.8.
- Nayak,A. K., Haque, A. and Weigand, B., (2017): Analysis of electroosmotic flow and Joule heating effect in a hydrophobic channel. Chemical Engineering Science.176 (2018), pp. 165-179. I.F. 3.077.
- Banerjee, A., Nayak, A.K., Haque, A., Weigand, B., Induced mixing electrokinetics in a charged corrugated nano-channel: towards a controlled ionic transport. Microfluidics and Nanofluidics., 22(10), (2018), 115, I.F. 2.347.
- Shah, M., Das, S., Nayak, A. K., Mondal, P., Bordoloi, A. (2018) Smart designing of metal-support interface for imperishable dry reforming catalyst, Applied Catalysis A, General 556 (2018) 137–154 I.F. 4.63.
- Haque, A., Nayak, A. K., Soni, B., Majhi, M. (2018) Thermosolutal hydromagnetic convection of power law fluids in an enclosure with periodic active zones, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, 127, 2018, 622-642 I.F. 4.346.
- Gupta, N., Nayak, A. K. (2018) Performance evaluation of coolant air with buoyancy in a parallelogrammic mixed displacement ventilated system, International Journal of Mechanical Sciences, 149, 2018, 38-53, I.F. 4.134.
- Gupta, N., Nayak, A.K., Activity of buoyancy convection and entropy generation in a parallelogrammic shaped mixed displacement ventilated system, International Journal of Thermal Sciences, 137, (2019), 86-100, I.F. 3.488.
- Banerjee, A., Nayak, A.K., Weigand, B., Enhanced mixing and flow reversal in a modulated microchannel, International Journal of Mechanical Sciences, 155 (2019) 430-439, I.F. 4.134.
- Soni, B., Nayak, A. K. Effect of inspiration cycle and ventilation rate on heat exchange in human respiratory airways, Journal of Thermal Biology, Vol. 84, (2019), 357-367.
- Banerjee, A., Nayak, A. K. Influence of varying zeta potential on non-Newtonian flow mixing in a wavy patterned microchannel, Journal of Non-Newtonian Fluid Mechanics, Volume 269, July 2019, Pages 17-27, I.F. 2.472.
- Gupta, N., Nayak, A. K., Indoor air performance and irreversibility analysis of a slot-ventilated mechanical system with wall heater and internal heat exchanger, Energy and Buildings. Volume 202, 2019, 109344 I.F. 4.823.
- Shah, M., Bordoloi, A., Nayak, A. K., Mondal, P., Effect of Ti/Al ratio on the performance of Ni/TiO2 -Al2O3 catalyst for methane reforming with CO2, Fuel Processing Technology 192 (2019) 21-35, I.F 4.507.
- Banerjee, A., Nayak, A. K., Weigand, B., A Comparative Analysis of Mixing Performance of Power-Law Fluid in Cylindrical Micro-Channels with Sudden Contraction / Expansion, Journal of Fluids Engineering (ASME), 142(6) (2020) 061201 I.F. 1.72.
- Haque, A., Nayak, A. K., Weigand, B., Banerjee, A., Time dependent electroosmotic flow in micro-channels with variable wall slip zones, Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research (ACS) I.F. 3.375.
- Nayak, A. K., Weigand, B., 2020 Mixing and heat transfer in micro/nano-channel due to charged corrugated surfaces, Applied Thermal Engineering, 170, (2020), 114979, I.F. 4.026.