Areas of Interest
- Field and modeling experiments to investigate water movement through various watershed components, Understanding Surface Runoff Generation Mechanisms
Honors and Awards
|2nd Place Poster Competition Award||Auburn University, Auburn, USA||2008|
|The College of Agriculture 2009 Outstanding International Graduate Student Award||Auburn University, Auburn, USA||2009|
|1st Place Poster Competition Award||Auburn University, Auburn, USA||2005|
|B.Tech.||Agricultural Engineering||Allahabad Agricultural Institute Deemed University, Allahabad, India||2001|
|Masters of Science (MS)||Biological and Agricultural Engineering||University of Arkansas, Fayetteville, USA||2005|
|Ph.D.||Civil Engineering||Auburn University, Auburn, USA||2009|
|2012||2017||OC Seminar||Department of Hydrology|
|2012||2017||OC Hydrometeorology Lab||Department of Hydrology|
|2015||2017||OC Computer Labs||Department of Hydrology|
|2014||2016||Faculty Advisor Congizance Department Team||Department of Hydrology|
Sponsored Research Projects
|Understanding Hydrogeological Processes and Their Impacts on Water Security in the Tehri-Garhwal Reg||IIT Roorkee||2013|
|Understanding Relationship between Infiltration Trade-off Hypothesis and Surface Runoff Generation M||DST, Young Scientist Award||2014|
|Title||Course Code||Class Name||Semester|
|Watershed Behaviour and Conservation Practices||HY-531||Autumn|
|Engineering Hydrology||IHY-01||Engineering Hydrology||Spring|
|Engineering Hydrology||HYN-102||Engineering Hydrology||Spring|
|Hydrological Data Collection, Processing and Analysis||DMN-504||Hydrological Data Collection, Processing and Analysis||Autumn|
Research Scholar Groups
|Vikram Kumar||Watershed Monitoring and Modeling|
|Aliva Nanda||Runoff Generation Mechanisms: Monitoring & Modeling|
|Mulugeta Musie||Watershed-scale modeling, Water allocation optimization|
|Topic||Scholar Name||Status of PHD||Registration Year|
|PLANNING OF INTERBASIN TRANSFER FOR SUSTAINABLE WATER MANAGEMENT IN ETHIOPIA||Dereje Adeba Gerbi||A||2012|
Refereed Journal Papers
- N. Noori, L. Kalin, S. Sen, P. Srivastava, C. Lebleu. 2016. Identifying Areas Sensitive to Land Use/ Land Cover Change for Downstream Flooding in a Coastal Alabama Watershed, Regional Environmental Change. DOI 10.1007/s10113-016-0931-5
- D. Adeba, M. L. Kansal, and S. Sen. 2016. Economic Evaluation of Proposed Alternatives of Inter-basin Water Transfer from Baro Akobo to Awash Basin in Ethiopia. Sustainable Water Resources Management, 2: 313.
- D. Adeba, M. L. Kansal, and S. Sen. 2015. Assessment of Water Scarcity and its Impacts on Sustainable Development in Awash Basin, Ethiopia. Sustainable Water Resources Management 1 (1): 71-87.
- M. J. Madolli, S. Sen, and M. K. Jain. 2014. Trends in Precipitation and Temperature in Karnataka, India. Hydrology Journal, 37(1-4): 61-70.
- M. J. Madolli, S. Sen, and A. Shinde. 2014. Effect of Climate Change on Rainfall Pattern and Socioeconomic Condition for Karnataka State. Proceedings of International conference entitled “Green India: strategic knowledge for combating climate change-prospects and challenges.” 304-312.
- J. Lamba, T. R. Way, P. Srivastava, S. Sen, C. W. Wood, and K. H. Yoo. 2013. Nutrient Loss in Leachate and Surface Runoff from Surface-Broadcast and Subsurface-Banded Broiler Litter. Journal of Environmental Quality. 42: 1574-1582.
- S. Sen, P. Srivastava, P. A. Vadas, and L. Kalin. 2012. Watershed-level Comparison of Predictability and Sensitivity of Two Phosphorus Models. Journal of Environmental Quality. 41: 1–11.
- J. Lamba, T. R. Way, P. Srivastava, S. Sen, C. W. Wood, and K. H. Yoo. 2012. Surface Transport of Nutrients from Surface-Broadcast and Subsurface-Banded Broiler litter. Transactions of the ASABE. 55 (3): 979-985.
- S. Sen, P. Srivastava, J. H. Dane, H. Meng, and P. T. Clement. 2011. Application of HIRO2 Hydrologic Model for Simulating Hortonian Overland Flow on a Pasture Hillslope in North Alabama. Journal of Soil and Water Conservation. 66 (6): 411-422.
- S. Sen, P. Srivastava, J. H. Dane, K. H. Yoo, and J. N. Shaw. 2010. Spatial-Temporal Variability and Hydrologic Connectivity of Runoff Generation Areas in a North Alabama Pasture. Hydrological Processes. 24: 342-356.
- S. Sen, P. Srivastava, K. H. Yoo, J. H. Dane, J. N. Shaw, and M. S. Kang. 2008. Runoff Generation Mechanisms in Pastures of the Sand Mountain Region of Alabama – A Field Investigation. Hydrological Processes. 22: 4222-4232.
- S. Sen, B. E. Haggard, I. Chaubey, K. R. Brye, T. A. Costello, and M. D. Matlock. 2007. Sediment Phosphorus Release at Beaver Reservoir, Northwest Arkansas, USA, 2002–2003: A Preliminary Investigation. Water Air & Soil Pollution. 179: 67–77.
- I. Chaubey, M. Matlock, T. A. Costello, B. E. Haggard, V. Garg, S. Sen, K. L. White, and R. K. Davis. 2005. Development of a Decision Support System and Data Needs for the Beaver Lake Watershed. Prepared for Arkansas Soil & Water Conservation Commission.