Areas of Interest
- Field and modeling experiments to investigate water movement through various watershed components, Understanding Surface Runoff Generation Mechanisms; Rainfall-Runoff Modeling; Watershed Management
Honors and Awards
|2nd Place Poster Competition Award||Auburn University, Auburn, USA||2008|
|The College of Agriculture 2009 Outstanding International Graduate Student Award||Auburn University, Auburn, USA||2009|
|1st Place Poster Competition Award||Auburn University, Auburn, USA||2005|
|B.Tech.||Agricultural Engineering||Allahabad Agricultural Institute Deemed University, Allahabad, India||2001|
|Masters of Science (MS)||Biological and Agricultural Engineering||University of Arkansas, Fayetteville, USA||2005|
|Ph.D.||Civil Engineering||Auburn University, Auburn, USA||2009|
|2012||2017||OC Seminar||Department of Hydrology|
|2012||2017||OC Hydrometeorology Lab||Department of Hydrology|
|2015||2017||OC Computer Labs||Department of Hydrology|
|2014||2016||Faculty Advisor Congizance Department Team||Department of Hydrology|
Sponsored Research Projects
|Understanding Hydrogeological Processes and Their Impacts on Water Security in the Tehri-Garhwal Reg||IIT Roorkee||2013|
|Development of Field Demonstration Site for Revisiting Rainfall Measurement: An Under-catch Issue||Central Dam Safety Organization, Central Water Commission, Dam Rehabilitation & Improvement Project||2017|
|Citizens Science Approach to Revive Dying Springs||Water for Welfare||2017|
|Water Security through Community Based Springshed Development in the IHR||National Mission on HImalayan Studies, MoEF&CC||2018|
|Understanding Relationship between Infiltration Trade-off Hypothesis and Surface Runoff Generation M||DST, Young Scientist Award||2014|
|Title||Course Code||Class Name||Semester|
|Watershed Behaviour and Conservation Practices||HY-531||Autumn|
|Engineering Hydrology||IHY-01||Engineering Hydrology||Spring|
|Engineering Hydrology||HYN-102||Engineering Hydrology||Spring|
|Hydrological Data Collection, Processing and Analysis||DMN-504||Hydrological Data Collection, Processing and Analysis||Autumn|
Research Scholar Groups
|Vikram Kumar||Watershed Monitoring and Modeling|
|Aliva Nanda||Runoff Generation Mechanisms: Monitoring & Modeling|
|Mulugeta Musie||Watershed-scale modeling, Water allocation optimization|
|Santoshkumar C.||Sediment Transport|
|Topic||Scholar Name||Status of PHD||Registration Year|
|PLANNING OF INTERBASIN TRANSFER FOR SUSTAINABLE WATER MANAGEMENT IN ETHIOPIA||Dereje Adeba Gerbi||A||2012|
National International Collaboration
|University of Birmingham, UK Ashoka Trust for Research in Ecology and the Environment (ATREE), Bangalore, India Forest Research Institute (FRI), Dehradun, India People Science Institute (PSI), Dehradun, India Central Himalayan Rural Action Group (CHIRAG), Nainital, India||Centre for Ecology & Hydrology (CEH), Wallingford, UK||PHD|
Refereed Journal Papers
- Nanda, A., Sen, S., Jirwan, V., Sharma, A., Kumar, V. Understanding Plot-Scale Hydrology of Lesser Himalayan Watershed- A Field Study and HYDRUS-2D Modeling Approach. Hydrological Processes (Accepted)
- Pati, A., Sen, S., Perumal, M. Modified Channel Routing Scheme for SWAT Model. Journal of Hydrologic Engineering ASCE, DOI 10.1061/(ASCE)HE.1943-5584.0001657, 2017.
- A. I. Shah, S. Sen, M. U. D. Dar, and V. Kumar. 2017. Land-Use/ Land-Cover Change Detection and Analysis in Aglar Watershed, Uttarakhand. Current Journal of Applied Science and Technology, 24 (1): 1-11.
V. Kumar, and S. Sen. 2017.Evaluation of Spring Discharge Dynamics using Recession Curve Analysis: A Case Study in Data-Scare Region, Lesser Himalayas, India. Sustainable Water Resources Management.
- N. Noori, L. Kalin, S. Sen, P. Srivastava, and C. Lebleu. 2016. Identifying Areas Sensitive to Land Use/ Land Cover Change for Downstream Flooding in a Coastal Alabama Watershed, Regional Environmental Change. DOI 10.1007/s10113-016-0931-5
- D. Adeba, M. L. Kansal, and S. Sen. 2016. Economic Evaluation of Proposed Alternatives of Inter-basin Water Transfer from Baro Akobo to Awash Basin in Ethiopia. Sustainable Water Resources Management, 2: 313.
- D. Adeba, M. L. Kansal, and S. Sen. 2015. Assessment of Water Scarcity and its Impacts on Sustainable Development in Awash Basin, Ethiopia. Sustainable Water Resources Management 1 (1): 71-87.
- M. J. Madolli, S. Sen, and M. K. Jain. 2014. Trends in Precipitation and Temperature in Karnataka, India. Hydrology Journal, 37(1-4): 61-70.
- M. J. Madolli, S. Sen, and A. Shinde. 2014. Effect of Climate Change on Rainfall Pattern and Socioeconomic Condition for Karnataka State. Proceedings of International conference entitled “Green India: strategic knowledge for combating climate change-prospects and challenges.” 304-312.
- J. Lamba, T. R. Way, P. Srivastava, S. Sen, C. W. Wood, and K. H. Yoo. 2013. Nutrient Loss in Leachate and Surface Runoff from Surface-Broadcast and Subsurface-Banded Broiler Litter. Journal of Environmental Quality. 42: 1574-1582.
- S. Sen, P. Srivastava, P. A. Vadas, and L. Kalin. 2012. Watershed-level Comparison of Predictability and Sensitivity of Two Phosphorus Models. Journal of Environmental Quality. 41: 1–11.
- J. Lamba, T. R. Way, P. Srivastava, S. Sen, C. W. Wood, and K. H. Yoo. 2012. Surface Transport of Nutrients from Surface-Broadcast and Subsurface-Banded Broiler litter. Transactions of the ASABE. 55 (3): 979-985.
- S. Sen, P. Srivastava, J. H. Dane, H. Meng, and P. T. Clement. 2011. Application of HIRO2 Hydrologic Model for Simulating Hortonian Overland Flow on a Pasture Hillslope in North Alabama. Journal of Soil and Water Conservation. 66 (6): 411-422.
- S. Sen, P. Srivastava, J. H. Dane, K. H. Yoo, and J. N. Shaw. 2010. Spatial-Temporal Variability and Hydrologic Connectivity of Runoff Generation Areas in a North Alabama Pasture. Hydrological Processes. 24: 342-356.
- S. Sen, P. Srivastava, K. H. Yoo, J. H. Dane, J. N. Shaw, and M. S. Kang. 2008. Runoff Generation Mechanisms in Pastures of the Sand Mountain Region of Alabama – A Field Investigation. Hydrological Processes. 22: 4222-4232.
- S. Sen, B. E. Haggard, I. Chaubey, K. R. Brye, T. A. Costello, and M. D. Matlock. 2007. Sediment Phosphorus Release at Beaver Reservoir, Northwest Arkansas, USA, 2002–2003: A Preliminary Investigation. Water Air & Soil Pollution. 179: 67–77.
- I. Chaubey, M. Matlock, T. A. Costello, B. E. Haggard, V. Garg, S. Sen, K. L. White, and R. K. Davis. 2005. Development of a Decision Support System and Data Needs for the Beaver Lake Watershed. Prepared for Arkansas Soil & Water Conservation Commission.