Falguni Pattanaik Assistant Professor firstname.lastname@example.org 01332 284837 (O)
Areas of Interest
- Labour Market Dynamics; Economic Growth, Employment and Poverty; Informal Economy; Economic Freedom;, Dynamics of Labour Market and the resulting Macroeconomic Developments.
Honors and Awards
|Doctoral Fellowship||MHRD, IIT Kharagpur||2006-2011|
|Ph. D.||Labour Economics, Development Economics||IIT Kharagpur||2011|
|M.Phil||Analytical and Applied Economics||Utkal University||2005|
|M.A.||Analytical and Applied Economics||Utkal University||2003|
|B.A.||Economics||Utkal University; BJB College||2001|
|2015||2016||NSS Programme Officer||NSS IIT Roorkee|
|2016||--||Warden, Cautley Bhawan||IIT Roorkee|
Sponsored Research Projects
|Role of Local Democracy in Sustainable Asset Creation under Rural Employment Guarantee Programme||IITR, SRIC||2015|
|Peoples' participation and Public Welfare Programme in Rural Odisha||ICSSR||2016|
|Assessment of Convergence Activities under MGNREGA in Uttarakhand||NIRD & PR||2017|
Participation in seminars
|5th Conference of the Regulating for Decent Work Network: Future of Work||ILO Headquarters, Geneva, Switzerland||International Labour Organization (ILO)||3-7-2017|
|6th Singapore Economic Review (SER) Conference 2017||Singapore||SER, NTU Singapore and MAS||2-8-2017|
|The 55th Annual Conference of the Indian Society of Labour Economics (ISLE)||Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi||Indian Society of Labour Economics (ISLE)||16-12-2013|
|2nd Cambridge Business & Economics Conference, Cambridge University, UK||Cambridge University, UK||Cambridge Business & Economics Conference, Cambridge University, UK||27-06-2012|
- Indian Society of Labour Economics, Odisha Economic Association , The Indian Science Congress
|Title||Course Code||Class Name||Semester|
|Issues in Indian Economy||IHS-303||--||Autumn|
|Macroeconomics II||HS 603||MSc||Spring|
|Topic||Scholar Name||Status of PHD||Registration Year|
|Employment Intensity of Origanised Manufaturing Sector in India||Sanjeev Kumar||O||2016|
|Famale labour Force participation and Economic Growth in India||Pushpendra Singh||O||2016|
|Youth Employment Unemployment in India: Trends and Determinants||Nitin Bisht||O||2017|
Participation in short term courses
|Couse Name||Sponsored By||Date|
|Contemporary Issues in Labour Economics||South Asia Research Network ILO, IDRC Canada, ESCAP United Nations and IHD New Delhi||2-12-2013|
|Research Methods in Labour Economics||V.V. Giri National Labour Institute, Noida, New Delhi||07-01-2008|
Refereed Journal Papers
- Changes in Cropping Pattern in Odisha Agriculture in Neo-Liberal Period, Journal of Rural Development, Vol. 36, No. 1: (with S Mohanty)
- Growth Performance of Major Crop Groups in Odisha Agriculture: A Spatiotemporal Analysis, Agricultural Economics Research Review, Vol. 29, No. 2: (with S Mohanty)
- Inter-Regional Disparities in Odisha Agriculture During Neoliberal Period, Journal of Regional Development and Planning, Vol. 4, No. 1: 55-72 (2015) (with S Mohanty)
- Agricultural Growth in Odisha during 1970-2008: An Analysis, Journal of Applied Economics, Vol. 13 No. 1: 1-19 (2014). (IUP: IF 0.227) (with N C Nayak)
- Macroeconomic Determinants of Employment Intensity of Growth in India, Margin: The Journal of Applied Economic Research, Vol. 8 No. 2: 137-154 (2014). (Sage: IF 0.721) (with N C Nayak)
- Economic Freedom and Economic Growth in India: What is the Empirical Relationship?, Economic Change and Restructuring, Vol. 47 No. 4: 275-298 (2014) (Springer: IF 1.52) (with N C Nayak)
- Agricultural Instability in Odisha during Post Reform Period, International Journal of Food, Agriculture and Veterinary Sciences, Vol. 4, No. 1: 62-70 (2014). (with S. Mohanty, and Rabi N Patra)
- Employment and Economic Freedom in India: Empirical Evidences, South Asian Journal of Macroeconomics and Public Finance, Vol. 2 No. 1: 59-79 (2013), (Sage). (with N C Nayak)
- Rehabilitation and Resettlement Policy in India: Theory to Practice, Orissa Economic Journal, Vol. 45 No. 1&2: 50-58 (2013). (with S. Mohanty)
- Employment Intensity of Secondary Sector in India: Trends, Patterns and Determinants, Journal of Regional Development and Planning, Vol. 2, No. 2: 157-173 (2013). (with N C Nayak)
- Employment Intensity of Growth in India: An Empirical Review of Long Run Evidence, Management & Labour Studies, Vol. 38, No. 4: 483-503 (2013). (Sage).
- Agricultural Diversification in Odisha during Post Reform Period, Agricultural Situation in India, Vol. 70, No. 6: 5-14 (2013) (Ministry of Agriculture Government of India). (with S. Mohanty)
- Pattanaik, F. and Nayak, N. C. (2012), Trends and Forecasting of Employment Intensity of Growth in India. Journal of Asia Pacific Economy, Vol. 18 No. 3: 438–459 (Taylor and Francis, Routledge: IF 0.201).
- Pattanaik, F. and Nayak, N. C. (2012), Magnitude of Working Poor in India: An Analysis of Growth-Employment-Poverty Linkages, International Journal of Social and Economic Policy. Vol. 9 No.2: 123-141.
- Pattanaik, F. and Nayak, N. C. (2011), Employment Intensity of Growth in India and its Structural Determinants, Asian Economic Review, Vol. 53 No.1:173-188.
- Pattanaik, F. and Nayak, N. C. (2011), Employment Intensity of Service Sector in India: Trend and Determinants, International Proceedings of Economics Development and Research, Vol. 1 No. 1: 62-66.
- Pattanaik, F. and Nayak, N. C. (2010), Structural Transformation of Indian Economy, International Journal of Business Policy and Economics, Vol.3 No. 2: 327-337.
- Pattanaik, F. and Nayak, N. C. (2010), Experiences of Structural Transformation in Orissa, Indian Journal of Regional Science, Vol. 43 No. 1: 17-26.