Falguni Pattanaik Assistant professor email@example.com
Areas of Interest
- Labour Market Dynamics; Economic Growth, Employment and Poverty; Informal Economy; Economic Freedom;, Dynamics of Labour Market and the resulting Macroeconomic Developments.
|2015-01-01||1 year||NSS Programme Officer||NSS IIT Roorkee|
|2016-01-01||2 years||Warden||Cautley Bhawan at IIT Roorkee|
|2018-01-01||Ongoing||Chief Warden||Cautley Bhawan at IIT Roorkee|
|2019-01-01||Ongoing||Prof In Charge Examination||Department of HSS, IIT Roorkee|
Honors and Awards
|Doctoral Fellowship||MHRD, IIT Kharagpur||2011|
|Ph. D.||Labour Economics, Development Economics||IIT Kharagpur||2011|
|M.Phil||Analytical and Applied Economics||Utkal University||2005|
|M.A.||Analytical and Applied Economics||Utkal University||2003|
|B.A.||Economics||Utkal University; BJB College||2001|
Sponsored Research Projects
|Topic||Funding Agency||Start Date||Period|
|Role of Local Democracy in Sustainable Asset Creation under Rural Employment Guarantee Programme||IITR, SRIC||2015-01||Ongoing|
|Peoples' participation and Public Welfare Programme in Rural Odisha||ICSSR||2016-01||Ongoing|
|Assessment of Convergence Activities under MGNREGA in Uttarakhand||NIRD & PR||2017-01||Ongoing|
Participation in seminars
|61st Annual Conference of ISLE||Punjabi University, Patiala, Punjab||ISLE||2019-01|
|5th Conference of the Regulating for Decent Work Network: Future of Work||ILO Headquarters, Geneva, Switzerland||International Labour Organization (ILO)||2017-01|
|6th Singapore Economic Review (SER) Conference 2017||Singapore||SER, NTU Singapore and MAS||2017-01|
|The 55th Annual Conference of the Indian Society of Labour Economics (ISLE)||Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi||Indian Society of Labour Economics (ISLE)||2013-01|
|2nd Cambridge Business & Economics Conference, Cambridge University, UK||Cambridge University, UK||Cambridge Business & Economics Conference, Cambridge University, UK||2012-01|
- Indian Society of Labour Economics, Odisha Economic Association , The Indian Science Congress
|Title||Course Code||Class Name||Semester|
|Issues in Indian Economy||IHS-303||UG||Autumn|
Projects and Thesis Supervised
|Title of Project||Names of Students|
|Economic Freedom and Industrial Growth in India: Trends and Determinants||Dalveer Singh|
|Gender Discrimination in Indian Manufacturing Sector||Lalit Kishore Nagar|
|Assessment of Child Nutrition in Uttar Pradesh||Jaideep Gupta|
|Human Capital and Augmented Solow Model||Mohit|
|Impact of Trade Liberalisation on Employment and Output: Evidences from IndianOrganisedManufacturing||Nikhil Sharma|
|Revisiting Phillip's Curve in India||Paavan Khanna|
|Topic||Scholar Name||Status of PHD||Registration Date|
|Employment Intensity of Origanised Manufaturing Sector in India||Sanjeev Kumar||O||2016-01|
|Women's Paid-Unpaid Work in India: An Analysis of Trends and Determinants||Pushpendra Singh||O||2016-01|
|Youth Employment Unemployment in India: Trends and Determinants||Nitin Bisht||O||2017-01|
Participation in short term courses
|Couse Name||Sponsored By||Date|
|Contemporary Issues in Labour Economics||South Asia Research Network ILO, IDRC Canada, ESCAP United Nations and IHD New Delhi||2013-01|
|Research Methods in Labour Economics||V.V. Giri National Labour Institute, Noida, New Delhi||2008-01|
Courses or Conferences Organised
|Conference Name||Sponsored By||Date|
|Socio-Economic Impact of Transformation in Industry: Challenges & Opportunities for SocialScientists||TEQIP III FDP ProgrammeContinuing Education Centre, Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee||2019-01|
|Economics for Managers, Scientists and Non-Economists||QIP Programme AICTE Continuing Education Centre, Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee||2019-01|
|Industry and Society: Contours of Work in the New Economy||QIP Programme AICTE Continuing Education Centre, Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee||2016-01|
Refereed Journal Papers
Research Papers in Journals
- Kumar, S., & Pattanaik, F. (2020). Regional Disparities in Employment Intensity of Indian Industries: A State Level Analysis. Emerging Economy Studies, 6 (1). 23-38.
- Singh, P., & Pattanaik F. (2020). Unfolding Unpaid Domestic Work in India: Women's Constraints, Choices, and Career. Palgrave Communications [Nature Publication] https://doi.org/10.1057/s41599-020-0488-2
- Singh, P., & Pattanaik, F. (2020). Unequal Reward for Equal Work? Understanding Women’s Work and Wage Discrimination in India through the Meniscus of Social Hierarchy. Contemporary Voice of Dalit, 12(1) 19–36. [SAGE Publication] https://doi.org/10.1177/2455328X19898448
- Singh, P., & Pattanaik, F. (2019). Economic status of women in India: paradox of paid–unpaid work and poverty. International Journal of Social Economics, 46(3), 410-428. [Emerald Insight] https://doi.org/10.1108/IJSE-05-2018-0277
- Kumar, S., & Pattanaik, F. (2019) Employment Growth in India: Findings from Organized Manufacturing Industries. The Indian Journal of Industrial Relations, 54(4), 614-630.
- Kumar, S., & Pattanaik, F. (2018). Employment Intensity of Food Products and Processing Industry in India. Small Enterprises Development, Management & Extension (Sedme) Journal. 45(2) 47-71.
- Kumar, S., & Pattanaik, F. (2018). Economic Growth and Structural Changes in the Economy of Himachal Pradesh. Journal of Economic and Social Development, 14 (1), 99-113.
- Changes in Cropping Pattern in Odisha Agriculture in Neo-Liberal Period, Journal of Rural Development, Vol. 36, No. 1: (with S Mohanty)
- Kumar, S., & Pattanaik, F. (2017). Growth and Structure of Industrial Sector in Himachal Pradesh. Journal of Regional Development and Planning, 6 (1), 33-44.
- Growth Performance of Major Crop Groups in Odisha Agriculture: A Spatiotemporal Analysis, Agricultural Economics Research Review, Vol. 29, No. 2: (with S Mohanty)
- Inter-Regional Disparities in Odisha Agriculture During Neoliberal Period, Journal of Regional Development and Planning, Vol. 4, No. 1: 55-72 (2015) (with S Mohanty)
- Agricultural Growth in Odisha during 1970-2008: An Analysis, Journal of Applied Economics, Vol. 13 No. 1: 1-19 (2014). (IUP: IF 0.227) (with N C Nayak)
- Macroeconomic Determinants of Employment Intensity of Growth in India, Margin: The Journal of Applied Economic Research, Vol. 8 No. 2: 137-154 (2014). (Sage: IF 0.721) (with N C Nayak)
- Economic Freedom and Economic Growth in India: What is the Empirical Relationship?, Economic Change and Restructuring, Vol. 47 No. 4: 275-298 (2014) (Springer: IF 1.52) (with N C Nayak)
- Agricultural Instability in Odisha during Post Reform Period, International Journal of Food, Agriculture and Veterinary Sciences, Vol. 4, No. 1: 62-70 (2014). (with S. Mohanty, and Rabi N Patra)
- Employment and Economic Freedom in India: Empirical Evidences, South Asian Journal of Macroeconomics and Public Finance, Vol. 2 No. 1: 59-79 (2013), (Sage). (with N C Nayak)
- Rehabilitation and Resettlement Policy in India: Theory to Practice, Orissa Economic Journal, Vol. 45 No. 1&2: 50-58 (2013). (with S. Mohanty)
- Employment Intensity of Secondary Sector in India: Trends, Patterns and Determinants, Journal of Regional Development and Planning, Vol. 2, No. 2: 157-173 (2013). (with N C Nayak)
- Employment Intensity of Growth in India: An Empirical Review of Long Run Evidence, Management & Labour Studies, Vol. 38, No. 4: 483-503 (2013). (Sage).
- Agricultural Diversification in Odisha during Post Reform Period, Agricultural Situation in India, Vol. 70, No. 6: 5-14 (2013) (Ministry of Agriculture Government of India). (with S. Mohanty)
- Pattanaik, F. and Nayak, N. C. (2012), Trends and Forecasting of Employment Intensity of Growth in India. Journal of Asia Pacific Economy, Vol. 18 No. 3: 438–459 (Taylor and Francis, Routledge: IF 0.201).
- Pattanaik, F. and Nayak, N. C. (2012), Magnitude of Working Poor in India: An Analysis of Growth-Employment-Poverty Linkages, International Journal of Social and Economic Policy. Vol. 9 No.2: 123-141.
- Pattanaik, F. and Nayak, N. C. (2011), Employment Intensity of Growth in India and its Structural Determinants, Asian Economic Review, Vol. 53 No.1:173-188.
- Pattanaik, F. and Nayak, N. C. (2011), Employment Intensity of Service Sector in India: Trend and Determinants, International Proceedings of Economics Development and Research, Vol. 1 No. 1: 62-66.
- Pattanaik, F. and Nayak, N. C. (2010), Structural Transformation of Indian Economy, International Journal of Business Policy and Economics, Vol.3 No. 2: 327-337.
- Pattanaik, F. and Nayak, N. C. (2010), Experiences of Structural Transformation in Orissa, Indian Journal of Regional Science, Vol. 43 No. 1: 17-26.
Publications as Book Chapters
- Bisht, N. & Pattanaik, F (2020). Youth Labour Market in India: Education, Employment, and Sustainable Development Goals. In International Perspectives on the Youth Labor Market. IGI Global.
- Bisht, N., & Pattanaik, F. Youth Dynamics of Youth Labour Market in India and Sustainable Development Goals. In Demographic Dividend and SDGs in India: Labour and Employment Opportunities. Routledge.[Status: Accepted]
- Kumar, S., & Pattanaik, F. (2019). Regional Policies, Growth and Structure of Industrial Sector in Himachal Pradesh. In Growth and Development in India Regional Dimensions (293–313). New Delhi, India: Segment Book.
- Kumar, S., & Pattanaik, F. (2018). Growth and Structure of Organized Manufacturing Sector of Himachal Pradesh (M. Sharma, Y. Gupta, & A. Sharma, Eds.). In Developments in Economics and Public Policy. New Delhi, India: Create Space Independent Publishing Plateform.