Areas of Interest
- Rural Development, Agricultural Economics, Labour Economics, Irrigation & Water Resources , DEA-based Efficiency and Productivity Analysis, Rural Development, Agriculture and Labour Economics
|2001-01-01||6 years||Associate Professor||IIT Roorke|
|1996-01-01||5 years||Assistant Professor||IIT Roorkee|
|2008-01-01||3 years||Head of the Department||HSS, IIT Roorkee|
|Ph.D.||Economics||CCS University Meerut||1995|
Sponsored Research Projects
|Topic||Funding Agency||Start Date||Period|
|Management of Rural Development under Decentralised Framework||AICTE, New Delhi||2002-01||18 years 7 months|
|Efficiency and Productivity of Sugar Mills: Application of Non-parametric Models||MHRD, New Delhi||2005-01||15 years 7 months|
|Growing Rural-Urban Disparity in Uttar Pradesh||NIRD Hyderabad||2006-01||14 years 7 months|
|System and Process review and Impact assessment of NREGS in the State of Uttarakhand||UNDP||2009-01||11 years 7 months|
|Concurrent Evaluation of MNREGS in the State of Uttarakhand||UNDP/MORD||2010-01||10 years 7 months|
|Comprehensive Study of Impacts of Investment in Watershed Projects in Uttar Pradesh||NIRD, Hyderabad||2012-01||8 years 7 months|
Participation in seminars
|SPRIT 2007, Sustainable and Participative Initiative for Rural Infrastructure Technologies||German House, New Delhi||Indo-German Chamber of Commerce||2020-08|
|National Seminar on Making Growth Inclusive with Special Reference to Imbalances in Regional Develo||Department of Economics, University of Jammu, Jammu||UGC||2020-08|
|National Seminar on â€˜One and a half Decades of Indiaâ€™s Economic Reforms: Introspection and Futur||Department of Economics, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh||IEA||2020-08|
|National Workshop on Rural-Urban Disparity||National Institute of Rural Development, Hyderabad||NIRD||2020-08|
|88th Annual Conference of the Indian Economic Association||Andhra University, Vishakhapatanam||IEA||2020-08|
|47th Annual Conference of Indian Society of Labour Economics||J.N.U. New Delhi||ISLE||2020-08|
|11th International Conference on Productivity and Quality Research||Indian Institute of Technology Delhi||IIT Delhi||2020-08|
|NIRD Foundation Day Seminar on â€œRural Development and Social Changeâ€, Hyderabad||National Institute of Rural Development, Hyderabad||NIRD||2020-08|
|International conference on Employment and Income Security in India||India International Centre New Delhi||IHD, New Delhi||2020-08|
|National seminar on Costs and Distribution of benefits of Planning in India: A Review and Search for||Garh Basai near Alwar Rajasthan||IPEA||2020-08|
|National Meeting on "Vocational Education and Training for Sustainable Rural Livelihoodâ€||Hari Singh Gaur University Sagar Madhya Pradesh||-||2020-08|
|46th Annual Conference of Indian Society of Labour Economics||Institute of Development Studies, Jaipur||ISLE||2020-08|
|Workshop on Developing Course Curriculum on Human Development for teaching in graduate and post-grad||Giri Institute of Development Studies, Lucknow||IHD||2020-08|
|National seminar on â€œIssues in Human Developmentâ€||GB Pant Social Science Institute Allahabad||-||2020-08|
|National Seminar on Rural Development and Administration in 21st Century||KU, Kurukshetra and HIRD, Nilokheri, Haryana||HIRD & KU||2020-08|
|Annual conference on â€œGlobalisation, State and the Weaker Sections||GB Pant Social Science Institute Allahabad||IPEA||2020-08|
|45th Annual Conference of Indian Society of Labour Economics||Jadavpur University Kolcata||ISLE||2020-08|
|National Seminar on â€œStrategies for the Capacity Buildings of the Civil Society Organizations||Indian Social Institute,New Delhi||ICSSR||2020-08|
|National Conference on Human Values in Technical Education||IIT Roorkee||-||2002-01|
|42nd Annual Conference of Indian Society of Labour Economics||Jabalpur University, Jabalpur||ISLE||2020-08|
|43rd Annual Conference of Indian Society of Labour Economics||Institute of Economic and Social Change, Banglore||ISLE||2020-08|
|National Seminar on "Structure of Employment and its Interface with Technology: Present Status and P||Dept. of Humanities & Social Sciences, IIT Delhi||-||2020-08|
|An ILO supported consultative workshop on "Employment and Labour Market Reforms in India||Institute of Applied Manpower Research, New Delhi||ISLE, IHD and IAMR||2020-08|
|44th Annual Conference of Indian Society of Labour Economics||Punjab School of Economics, GND University Amritsar||ISLE||2020-08|
|National Symposium on Stochastic Modelling & Operations Management||Dept. of Statistics & Operational Research, Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra||-||2020-08|
|National Seminar on "Economic Reform and Poverty Alleviation||C. C. S. University, Meerut||UGC||2020-08|
|41st Annual Conference of Indian Society of Labour Economics||IGIDR, Mumbai||ISLE||2020-08|
|International Conference on Operations Management for Globalised Economy||IIT, New Delhi||-||2020-08|
|40th Annual conference of Indian society of Labour Economics||University of Hyderabad||ISLE||2020-08|
|Annual Conference of Indian Political Economy Association||M.D. University Rohtak||IPEA||2020-08|
|Workshop on "Patent and Intellectual Property Rights Awareness||University of Roorkee||-||2020-08|
|National Workshop on " Rural transformation in India: The Role of Non-Farm Sector||India Habitat Centre, New Delhi||Planning Commission||2020-08|
|National Conference on "IPR Issues and Opportunities in Research and Education||IIT, Roorkee||-||2020-08|
|National Workshop on " Estimation of Cost of Production of Principal Crops||Vigyan Bhavan, New Delhi||Commission for Agricultural Costs and Prices, Government of India||2020-08|
|National Seminar on â€œ Deprivation and Inclusive Development: Options and Strategies for Uttar Prad||Giri Institute of Development Studies, Lucknow||-||2020-08|
|National Seminar on â€œ Strategies for Strengthening Panchayati Raj Institutions"||Haryana Institute of Rural Development, Nilokheri, Haryana||HIRD||2020-08|
|89th Annual Conference of the Indian Economic Association||Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra Haryana||IEA||2020-08|
|48th Annual Conference of Indian Society of Labour Economics||Bharthidasan University||ISLE||2020-08|
|39th Annual conference of Indian Society of Labour Economics||Trevendarum||ISLE||2020-08|
|National Seminar on Fifty Years of Indian Independence: A Critical Appraisal||Indian Centre for Socialist Studies, Ghaziabad||-||2020-08|
|National Seminar on Rural employment in punjab: Challenges and Strategies||Punjab School of Economics, GND University Amritsar||UGC||2020-08|
|National Seminar on Rural Development: Retrospect and Prospect||HIRD, Haryana||HIRD||2020-08|
|National Seminar on Emerging Challenges in the Post-reform Period||HIRD, Haryana||HIRD||2020-08|
- The Indian Economic Association, Life Member
- The Indian Society of Labour Economics, Life Member
- Indian Institute of Public Administration, New Delhi, Life Member
|Topic||Scholar Name||Status of PHD||Registration Date|
|Rural - Urban Migration: Determinants and Consequences, With Special Reference to Iran||Hadi Ghaffari||O||2020-08|
|Energy Technologies for Agricultural Pumping: An Assessment of Users' Choices||Rakesh Kumar Agrawal||O||2020-08|
|Assessment of Efficiency and productivity of public transport Sector Through DEA Techniques||Shivi Agrawal||O||2020-08|
|Transitions in occupational and Educational Mobility and Associated Dynamics in India||Chandan Kumar||O||2020-08|
|Efficiency Measurement of Education Sector in India Through DEA||Preeti Tyagi||O||2020-08|
|Efficiency and Productivity Analysis of the Indian Garment Industry||R N Joshi||O||2020-08|
|Performance Assessment of Textile Spinning Mills through Data Envelopment Analysis||P.G. Solankar||O||2020-08|
|Inter-state Disparity in Agricultural Development in India||AMU, Aligarh||2020-08|
Growing Rural-Urban Disparity in Uttar Pradesh
By: Sharma S S P and Singh S P
Published by:Serials Publications, New Delhi, Year: 2012
Planning and Management for Rural Development
By: Singh S.P.
Published by: Mittal Publications, New Delhi Page No: 256 (Vol ISBN 81-7099-906-5) year: 2003
Post WTO Era: Impact on Export Prospects of Livestock Products
By: Singh S.P.
Published by: NABARD, Mumbai Page No: 132 (Vol Occasional Paper-32) year: 2004
Refereed Journal Papers
Published in Refereed Journals
1. Giri, A.K., and Singh, S.P. (2017), “Post reforms dynamics in India's labour market, International Journal of Economics and Business Research 13(1), 1-21.
2. Singh S.P. (2016), "Challenges of Food Security in India", Journal of Economic & Social Development, 12(1), 1-12.
3. Singh S.P. (2016), Technical Change and Productivity Growth in the Indian Sugar Industry, Procedia Economics and Finance, 39, 131–139 (Elsevier).
4. Giri, A.K., and Singh, S.P. (2016), “Labour Standards in Global Value Chains in India: The Case of Handknotted Carpet Manufacturing Cluster”, Asian Journal of Business Ethics, DOI: 10.1007/s13520-016-0052-8 (Springer Publications).
- Giri, A.K., and Singh, S.P. (2016), “Child Labour and ‘Nowhere’ Children in Post-reforms India”, Indian Journal of Human Development, 10(2) 1–14 (Sage)
- Singh S.P. (2016), “Assessing Efficiency Trends in Indian Sugar Industry”, International Journal of Social, Behavioral, Educational, Economic, Business and Industrial Engineering, 10 (7), 2062-74.
- Mogha S K, Yadav S P and Singh, S. P. (2016), “Estimating Technical Efficiency of Public Sector Hospitals of Uttarakhand (India)”, International Journal of Operational Research 25(3), 371-399·
- Giri, A.K., and Singh, S.P. (2015), "Primitive Accumulation, Informality and Precarious Work in Neoliberal India: A Review of Arguments and Evidences", Journal of Economic & Social Development, 11(1) 25-40.
- Arora A and Singh, S. P. (2015), “Poverty across Social and Religious Groups in Uttar Pradesh: An Interregional Analysis”, Economic and Political Weekly, L (52), 100-109.
- Giri, A.K., and Singh, S.P. (2015), "Economic Reforms and Labour Market Outcomes: The Case of India", Journal of Governance & Public Policy,5(2), 21-37.
- SK Mogha, SP Yadav, Singh, S. P. (2015), “Total factor productivity growth in private sector hospitals of India: an assessment through MPI approach”, Global Business and Economics Review 17 (2), 164-187.
- Mogha S K, Yadav S P and Singh, S. P. (2015), “Slack-based measure of efficiencies of public sector hospitals in Uttarakhand (India)”, Benchmarking: An International Journal, 22 (7), 1229-1246.
- SK Mogha, SP Yadav, Singh, S. P. (2015), Technical efficiency and productivity growth in public sector hospitals of Uttarakhand (India), International Journal of System Assurance Engineering and Management, 6 (4), 390-406.
- Giri, A.K. and Singh, S.P. (2015), “Economic Growth and Structural Changes in Uttarakhand in Post-Reforms Era of India”, Journal of Economic Policy and Research, 10 (1) 1-30.
- Sharma, N. and Singh, S. P. (2015), “Exploring Contractual Relationships in Punjab A Case Study of Potato and Basmati Paddy”, Journal of Land and Rural Studies, 3 (2), 165-186, 2015
- Mahajan V, Nauriyal D K and Singh, S. P. (2015), “Technical efficiency analysis of the Indian drug and pharmaceutical industry: A non-parametric approach”, Benchmarking: An International Journal, 21(5):734-755, 2015.
- Rao Balram and Singh, S. P. (2015), “Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme and Labour Market in India: An Empirical Study of one of the Largest Provinces”, Asian Journal of Development and Governance, 1(1) 55-82, 2015
- Mahajan V, Nauriyal D K and Singh, S. P. (2015), “Efficiency trends in the Indian pharmaceutical industry in the new patent regime”, Int. J. Business Performance Management, 16( 4), pp. 389-406, 2015
- Varun Mahajan, D.K. Nauriyal and Singh, S. P. (2015) “Trade performance and Revealed Comparative Advantage of Indian Pharmaceutical Industry in the New IPR Regime” International Journal of Pharmaceutical and Healthcare Marketing, Vol.9 (1), pp.56-73.
- Giri, A. K. and Singh, S.P. (2015), “Neoliberalism, Primitive Accumulation and Precarious Work: A Review of Evidences from India”, Times Journey, Vol. 3, No. 1, pp. 1-17 (November 2014-April 2015).
- Rao, Balram & Singh, S. P. (2015). Governance of Right To Work and Structural Change in Rural Labour market: A case of MGNREGS in Chhattisgarh. IMS Management Journal, 7(1), 25-46.
- Rao, Balram and Singh, S.P. (2014), “CSR and Construction Industry: Can It Transform the Labour Relations”. International Journal of Organisational Behaviour and Management Perspectives, 3(4), 1303-1314
- Mahajan V, Nauriyal D K and Singh, S. P. (2014), “Efficiency and Ranking of IndianPharmaceutical Industry: Does Type of Ownership Matter?, Eurasian Journal of Business and Economics , 7 (14), 29-50.
- Sharma N. & Singh, S. P. (2014), "Agricultural Diversification in Indian Punjab: An Assessment of Government Intervention Through Contract Farming", Journal of Agricultural & Food Information, 15(3), 191-213,
- Mahajan, V. D.K. Nauriyal, Singh, S. P. (2014) "Technical efficiency analysis of the Indian drug and pharmaceutical industry: A non-parametric approach", Benchmarking: An International Journal, 21 (5), 734-755.
- Mogha S K, Yadav S P, and Singh, S. P. (2014), ‘Estimating technical and scale efficiencies of private hospitals using a non-parametric approach: case of India’, International Journal of Operational Research, Vol. 20 (1), pp.21–40.
- Kumar, C., Singh, S.P. and Nauriyal, D.K. (2014) Correlates and Issues of Academic Course-Selection in Post-Secondary Education in India: Evidence from National Sample Survey, 2007-08. Open Access Library Journal, 1, 1-22. http://dx.doi.org/10.4236/oalib.1100415
- Agrawal Shivi, Yadav S.P. and Singh, S.P. (2014), Sensitivity analysis in data envelopment analysis, International Journal of Operational Research, Vol. 19 (2), pp. 174-185.
- Mogha S K, Yadav S P, and Singh, S. P. (2014), ‘New slack model based efficiency assessment of public sector hospitals of Uttarakhand: state of India’, International Journal of System Assurance Engineering and Management, Springer, Vol.5(1): pp. 32-42.
- Sharma N and Singh, S. P. (2013), ‘Contract Farming and Farmer Participation in Punjab’ Man & Development, Vol. 35(4), December 2013, pp,85-102.
- Sharma N and Singh, S. P. (2013), ‘Agricultural Diversification and Contract Farming in Punjab’, Journal of Economic & Social Development, Vol. IX (1), June, pp 38-51.
- Mogha S K, Yadav S P, and Singh, S. P. (2012), “Performance Evaluation of Indian Private Hospitals Using DEA Approach with Sensitivity Analysis, International Journal of Advances in Management and Economics, Available online at www.managementjournal.info
- Kumar C and Singh, S. P. (2012), ‘Determinants of agricultural land use diversification in eastern and northeastern India’, Journal of Agriculture, Food Systems and Community Development, Vol 3 (1), pp.73-98.
- Joshi R. N. and Singh, S.P. (2011), “Technical efficiency and its determinants in the Indian garment industry”, The Journal of the Textile Institute, Taylor & Francis
- Singh, S. P. (2011), Skill Formation among Farm workers: Emerging Issues and Needs, Social and Management Solutions, Vol 6 (2), pp22-30.
- Agrawal Shivi, S.P. Yadav and Singh, S. P. (2011), A new slack DEA model to estimate the impact of slacks on the efficiencies”, International Journal of Operational Research, Vol. 12 (3), pp. 241 - 256
- Sunandu Sudhakaran, Singh, S. P. and D.K. Nauriyal (2011), “Sustainable Agriculture and Climate Change Journal of “Sustainable Development and Environmental Protection” Volume 1 (1) pp. 18-29.
- Singh, S.P. and V. Upadhyay (2010), Inclusive Growth in Rural India: Key Elements and Policy Interventions, Social and Management Solutions, Vol 5 (1), pp.8-17.
- Agrawal Shivi, S.P. Yadav and Singh, S. P. (2010), DEA based estimation of the technical efficiency of state transport undertakings in India, OPSEARCH, 47(3), July-Sept-2010, 216-230
- Joshi R. N. and Singh, S. P. (2010), “Estimation of Total Factor Productivity Growth in the Indian Garment Industry”, Journal of Fashion Marketing and Management, (Emerald) 14(1), 145-160
- Tyagi, Preeti, S.P. Yadav and Singh, S. P. (2009), Relative Performance of Academic Departments using DEA with Sensitivity Analysis, Evaluation and Programme Planning (Elsevier), Vol. 32, issue 2, pages 168-177.
- Joshi R. N. and Singh, S. P. (2009), “Measuring Production Efficiency of Readymade Garment Firms”, Journal of Textile & Apparel Technology & Management, 6 (2), 1-12.
- Joshi R N and Singh, S. P. (2009), “Comparative Performance of the Indian Apparel Firms”, The Icfai Journal of Managerial Economics, VII (3&4), 19-39.
- Joshi R. N. and Singh, S. P. (2009), “Sector-wise Analysis of India’s Textile and Clothing Export”, Journal of the Textile Association, 70(4), 163-166.
- Shivi Agarwal, S. P. Yadav and Singh, S. P. , “Total Factor Productivity Growth in the State Road Transport Undertakings in India: An Assessment through MPI Approach”, Indian Economic Review, 44(2), July- Dec., 2009, 203-223.
- Joshi R. N. and Singh, S. P. (2008), “A Case Study on Technical Efficiency of Readymade Garment Firms in Bangalore”, Arth Anvesan, 3(2), 20-25.
- Joshi R. N. and Singh, S. P. (2008), “Productivity Growth and Efficiency Trends in the Indian Textile Industry”, Journal of the Textile Association, 68(6), 242-250.
- Joshi R. N. and Singh, S. P. (2008), “Textile & Clothing Export- Trends & Prospects”, The Indian Textile Journal, October, 50-54.
- Joshi R. N. and Singh, S. P. (2008), “Export Trends of Indian Textile and Clothing: MFA Phase-out and Post Period”, Journal of the Textile Association, 69(4), 157-162.
- Singh, S. P. and Bimal Kishore Sahoo, (2007), “Diversification of Agricultural Economy towards Horticulture and Livestock; Regional Variations, Convergence and Determinants, Indian Journal of Labour Economics, Vol. 50(4), pp. 658-672.
- Agrawal Shivi, S.P. Yadav and Singh, S. P. (2007), “DEA Technique based Assessment of Efficiencies of the Government Hospitals of Uttaranchal (India)”, International Journal of Economic Research, Vol 4 (1), pp. 25-42.
- Singh, S. P (2007), "Performance of Sugar Mills in UP by Ownership, Size and Location”, Prajnan, Vol. 35(4) (2007) 333-359.
- Singh, S. P and Mahi Pal (2007), “Implementation of the National Rural Employment Guarantee Act: Process and Progress, Journal of Economic and Social Development, Vol III (1) June.
- Singh, S. P (2006), Sugar Industry in UP: Performance and Prospects, Productivity, Vol. 46(4) pp. 605-614.
- Singh, S. P and Shivi Agrawal (2006) "Total Factor Productivity Growth, Technical Progress and Efficiency Change in Sugar Industry of Uttar Pradesh”, The Indian Economic Journal, Vol. 54 (2). pp. 145 -165
- Singh, S. P. and D. K. Nauriyal (2006), “Human Development Disparities in India: Inter-state Scenario”, Indian Journal of Social Development, Vol. 6 (2), pp.289-311.
- Singh, S. P. (2006), Rural Non-Farm Employment in Uttar Pradesh: Determinants, Dimensions and Regional Pattern”, Indian Journal of Labour Economics, Vol. 49(4), pp. 871-890Singh S. P. (2006), “Efficiency Measurement of Sugar Mills in Uttar Pradesh”, The ICFAI Journal of Industrial Economics, Vol. 3 (3), August, pp. 22-38.
- Singh, S. P. (2006), “Technical and Scale Efficiencies in the Indian Sugar Mills: an Inter-state Comparison”, The Asian Economic Review, Vol. 48 (1), pp.87-100.
- Agrawal Shivi, S. P. Yadav and Singh, S. P. (2006), “Assessment of Relative Efficiency of Private Sector Hospitals in India Using DEA Techniques”, Journal of Mathematics and System Sciences, Vol. 2 (1), pp. 1-22.
- Agrawal Shivi, S. P. Yadav and Singh, S. P. (2006), “A Data Envelopment Analysis Based Efficiency Assessment of Public Transport Sector of Uttar Pradesh State in India”, Indian Journal of Transport Management, Vol. 30(1), pp.5-30.
- Singh, S. P. and Behera, M.R. (2005), “Export Prospects of India’s Livestock Products: Trends, Dimensions and Determinants”, The Indian Economic Journal, Conference Volume, pp. 271-279.
- Singh, S.P. and Behera, M.R. (2005), “Indian Agriculture under WTO Regime: Challenges and Opportunities”, Journal of Economic & Social Development, Vol. 1(2), pp. 24-42.
- Singh, S. P. (2005), Developmental Goals, Motivations, and Orientation of Rural Local Self-Government Institutions, Indian Development Review, Vol. 3 (1), June, pp.89-112.
- Singh, S. P. and S.S.P, Sharma (2004), Human Capital in Agriculture: Developmental Role, Current Stock, and Emerging Issues’, Indian Journal of Labour Economics, Vol. 47(4), pp. 761-772.
- Singh, S. P. (2004), Growth, Regional Pattern and Performance of Agro-food Industry in India, Journal of Rural Development Vol. 23(2), pp. 121-154.
- Singh, S. P. & Hadi Ghaffari (2004), Rural-Urban Migration: A Search for Economic Determinants, The Asian Economic Review, Vol. No. 46 (1), pp 55-67.
- Singh, S. P. (2003), Employment, Productivity and Efficiency Trends in Indian Industries, Indian Journal of Economics, Vol. No. 330, January-March, pp. 391-414.
- Singh, S. P. (2002), Hierarchy of Developmental Functions of Gram Panchayats: An Assessment of Representatives' Response, Journal of Rural Development Vol. 21(3), pp. 317-349.
- Singh, S. P. (2002), Technical Education in India: Some Emerging Issues, The Indian Journal of Labour Economics, Vol.45 (4), pp. 1149-1162.
- Agrawal, R. K. & Singh, S. P. (2001), Energy allocations for cooking in UP households (India): A fuzzy multi-objective analysis, Energy Conversion & Management, Vol. 42, pp. 2139-2154.
- Ghaffari, Hadi & Singh, S. P. (2001), Internal Migration in Iran during 1986-96 with Special Reference to Inter-provincial Migration, Nagarlok, Vol. XXXIII, No. 4 October-December, pp. 79-90.
- Singh, S. P. (2000), Gram Panchayats: Assessing Developmental Goals, Motivational Factors and Orientation: Evidence from a Field Study, Journal of Rural Development, Vol. 19 (3) July-September, pp.371 397.
- Singh, S. P. (2000), Evolving Indicators for Effective Management of People for Rural Development: Lessons from a Field Study on GPs, Journal of Rural Development, BARD, Bangladesh, Vol.30 (2), pp.89-120.
- Ghaffari, Hadi and Singh, S. P. (2000), Pull-Push Determinants of Inter-provincial Migration: Iran's Case Study, Indian Journal of Economics, Vol. LXXXI, No. 321, October-December, pp. 269-278.
- Ghaffari, Hadi and Singh, S. P. (2000), Economic Determinants of Rural- Urban Migration with Special Reference to Iran, SDR, Vol. 7(4), July-August, pp. 39-47.
- Solankar, P. G. & Singh, S. P. (2000), Performance Assessment of Indian Textile Spinning Firms, Productivity, Vol. 40(1), pp. 567-573.
- Singh, S. P. & R. K. Agrawal (1999), Trade-Technology-Employment Interface: Evidence from Indian Industries, The Indian Journal of Labour Economics, Vol.42 (4), pp. 919-934.
- Singh, S. P. (1999), Capital Formation and Employment Generation in Rural India (review article) The Indian Journal of Labour Economics, Vol.42 (2), pp. 309-311.
- Singh, S. P. (1999), Irrigation and Input Use Efficiency in Agriculture, The Business Review, Vol. 5 (1&2), pp. 247-258.
- Singh, S. P. & R. K. Agrawal (1998), Rural- Urban Migration: The Role of Push and Pull Factors Revisited, The Indian Journal of Labour Economics, Vol.41 (4) pp. 653-667
- Singh, S. P. (1998), Introducing Environment and Ecological Concerns in HSS Disciplines of Technical Institutions, The Indian Journal of Technical Education, Vol.21, No.1, Jan., pp. 46-52.
- Singh, S. P. & M. Ali (1997), Unorganised Sector Workers and Social Security: Some Challenges and Task Ahead, Varta, Vol.XVII & XVIII, Nos. 1&2, pp. 61-73.
G. Non-Refereed Journals/Magazines
- Singh S.P. (2017), Heads you win Tails I loose, Policypulse, August 1-15, 2017
- Singh, S.P. 2013. Supply Side Challenges of the National Food Security Bill, Kurukshetra, Vol. 62 (1), pp.3-7, November 2013.
- Singh, S.P. 2013. Water and Sanitation for Quality Life in Rural India, Kurukshetra, Vol. 61(12), pp.15-19, October 2013.
- Singh, S.P. 2011. Food Security in India: Key Issues, Kurukshetra, Vol.59(5), pp.3-9, March, 2011.
- Singh S P (2010), “Rising Food Inflation: Issues and Measures”, Kurukshetra, Vol. 58(6), pp. 33-36.
- Singh S P (2010), Emerging Issues in Indian Rural Economy”, Kurukshetra, Vol. 58(3), pp. 3-6.
- Singh S P (2007), Growing Rural-Urban Disparities in India”, Kurukshetra, Vol. 56(1), pp. 3-13.
- Singh S. P. and M.R. Behera (2006), “Indian Agriculture and TWO”, Yojana, Vol. 50, September, pp. 24-29.Singh S. P. (2006), “Promoting Group Entrepreneurship for Rural Industrialization”, Kurukshetra, Vol. 54 (5), March, pp. 8-13.
- Singh, S. P. (2004), Capacity Building of Gram Sabha for Efficient Local Governance, Kurukshetra, Vol.52, No.10, August, pp.28-33.
- Singh, S. P. (2002), Social Security for Agricultural Labour, Yojana, Vol. 46, pp. 20-27.
- Singh, S. P. (2000), Avirat Krishi Vikas: Uttarjivita ka Akmatra Vikalp, Yojana, Vol. 43 (12), March, pp.17-21.
- Singh, S. P. (1999), Income Generation Through Irrigation, Third Concept, Vol.13, No.145, pp. 39-46
- Singh, S. P. (1999), Panchayat Dwara Sichai Jal Prabandh Main Jan Bhagidari, Kurukshetra, Vol.44, No. 3 Jan. 1999, pp.17-21.
- Singh, S. P. (2001), Vishva Vayapaar Sangathan Avam Shram Maanak, Yojana, Vol. 45 (6), September, pp. 22-26.
- Singh, S. P. (1997), Child Labour: The Malady and the Remedy, Yojana, Vol.41, No.7, pp. 21-27.
- Singh, S. P. (1997), Bal Shram: Unmoolan Kaise, Kurukshetra, Vol.42 N0.9 ,July, pp. 17-22.
- Singh, S. P. (1997), Gaon- Shahar Main Badhata Antar: Karan Avam Nivaaran, Kurukshetra, Vol.42-43, N0. 12-1 Oct.-Nov ., pp. 7-13.
- Singh, S. P. (1995), Impact of Irrigation on Employment Generation Third Concept Vol.8, No.95, pp.39-46.