P. Sumathi Associate Professor psumifee[at]iitr.ac.in 01332-285259
Areas of Interest
- Control and signal processing, phase locking schemes, sliding DFT filters, multi-component decomposition
- Parameter esitmation, on-line estimation of sinusoidal and exponentially decaying sinusoidal signal parameters
- Instrumentation, vibration measurement, capacitance measurement,ultrasonics
|2015||On Going||Associate Professor||Department of Electrical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee|
|2011||2015||Assistant Professor||Department of Electrical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee|
|2009||2011||Assistant Professor||Department of Information and Communication Technology, DAIICT, Gujarat|
|Ph.D.||Electrical Engineering||Indian Institute of Technology Madras, Chennai||2009|
|M.E.||Control and Instrumentation||College of Engineering Guindy, Anna University, Chennai||2002|
|B.E.||Electrical and Electronics Engineering||S.R.M. Engineering College, Chennai||1996|
Sponsored Research Projects
|Active Vibration Control of Single-Link Flexible manipulator||DST||2012|
|Field Deployable Signal Processing System for Measurement of Path Integrated Gas Concentration||DRDO||2015|
- Senior Member, IEEE
|Title||Course Code||Class Name||Semester|
|Virtual Instrumentation||EEN-625||M.Tech and B.Tech||Spring|
|Digital Signal and Image Processing||EEN-521||M.Tech||Autumn|
|Advanced Digital System Design||EEN-682||M.Tech and B.Tech||Autumn|
|Topic||Scholar Name||Status of PHD||Registration Year|
|Time-frequency Analysis of Seismic Signals||Roshan Kumar||A||2011|
|Vibration Parameter Estimation Technique for Ultrasonic Measurement Systems||Ksh. Milan Singh||A||2013|
|Semi-active Vibration Control of Structures with Magnetorheological Damper||Soju J. Alexander||O||2014|
|Capacitance to Frequency Conversion with Recursive Discrete Fourier Transform Estimator||Tushar Tyagi||O||2015|
Refereed Journal Papers
- Shikha Tomar and P. Sumathi, "Amplitude and Frequency Estimation of Exponentially Decaying Sinusoids," IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement, vol. 67, no. 1, pp. 229 - 237, Jan. 2018.
- Roshan Kumar, P. Sumathi, and Ashok Kumar, "Synchrosqueezing Transform-Based Frequency Shifting Detection for Earthquake-Damaged Structures," IEEE Geoscience and Remote Sensing Letters, vol. 14, no. 8, pp. 1393 - 1397, Aug. 2017.
- Udaya Joshi and P. Sumathi, "Sliding Discrete Fourier Transform Based Frequency-Locked Loop for Adaptive Carrier Tracking of Bi-Phase Signals," IET Communications, vol. 10, no.18, pp. 2649 - 2655, Dec. 2016.
- Ksh. Milan Singh and P. Sumathi, "Moving-Window DFT based Frequency-Locked Loop for FM demodulation," IEEE Communications Letters, vol. 20, no. 5, pp. 898-901, May 2016.
- Jinti Hazarika and P. Sumathi, "Moving Window Filter Based Frequency-Locked Loop for Capacitance Measurement," IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, vol. 62, no. 12, pp. 7821-7823, Dec. 2015.
- Ksh. Milan Singh and P. Sumathi, "Synchronization Technique for Doppler Signal Extraction in Ultrasonic Vibration Measurement Systems," IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement, vol. 64, no. 12, pp. 3162-3172, Dec. 2015.
- P. Sumathi and Ksh. Milan Singh, "Sliding discrete Fourier transform-based mono-component amplitude modulation-frequency modulation signal decomposition," IET Communications, vol. 9, no. 9, pp. 1221 - 1229, June 2015.
- Chandrashekhar Shitole and P. Sumathi, "Sliding DFT-Based Vibration Mode Estimator for Single-Link Flexible Manipulator," IEEE/ASME Transactions on Mechatronics, vol. 20, no. 6, pp. 3249-3256, Dec. 2015.
- Ksh. Milan Singh and P. Sumathi, "Vibration Parameter Estimation Methods for Ultrasonic Measurement Systems- A Review," IET Science, Measurement and Technology, vol. 9, no. 4, pp. 492 - 504, July 2015.
- Sarita Mishra, Debasmit Das, Roshan Kumar, and P. Sumathi, "A Power-Line Interference Canceler Based on Sliding DFT Phase Locking Scheme for ECG Signals," IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement, vol. 64, no. 1, pp.132 - 142, Jan. 2015.
- P. Sumathi, “A Frequency Demodulation Technique based on Sliding DFT Phase Locking Scheme for Large Variation FM Signals,” IEEE Communications Letters, vol. 16, no.11, pp. 1864 - 1867, Nov. 2012.
- P. Sumathi, P. A. Janakiraman, “Phase locking scheme based on look-up-table-assisted sliding discrete Fourier transform for low-frequency power and acoustic signals,” IET Circuits, Devices and Systems, vol. 5, Issue 6, pp. 494 - 504, Dec. 2011.
- P. Sumathi, P. A. Janakiraman, “FPGA Implementation of an Amplitude Modulated Continuous Wave Ultrasonic Ranger using Restructured Phase Locking Scheme,” Journal of VLSI Design, Article ID 213043, 2010.
- P. Sumathi, P. A. Janakiraman, “SDFT based Ultrasonic Range Finder using AM Continuous Wave and Online Parameter Estimation,” IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement, vol. 59, no. 8, pp.1994 - 2004, Aug. 2010.
- P. Sumathi, P. A. Janakiraman, “Integrated Phase-Locking Scheme for SDFT-Based Harmonic Analysis of Periodic Signals,” IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems-II: Express Briefs, vol. 55, no.1, pp. 51 - 55, Jan. 2008.