Premalata Jena Assistant Professor pjenafee[at]iitr.ac.in 01332-284757
Areas of Interest
- Smart Grid , Smart grid technology and protection
- Microgrid, Microgrid Protection
- Signal processing apllication to power system relaying, Power system Protection
- Protection Issues with FACTS Devices, Protection Scheme Development for a line with FACTS devices
- Disturbance localization, Signal processing application for disturbance localization
|2012||On Going||Assistant Professor||IIT Roorkee|
|2011||2012||Women Scintist||IIT Kharagpur|
Honors and Awards
|Women Excellence Award||SERB, DST, Gov. of India, New Delhi||2017|
|Early Carrier Research Award||SERB, DST, Gov. of India, New Delhi||2016|
|INAE Young Engineer Award-2013||Indian National Academy of Engineering||2013|
|POSOCO Power System Award-2013||POSOCO,PGCIL, Govt. of India||2013|
|Women Scientist Scholarship||DST, NEW DELHI||2011|
|PhD||Electrical Engineering||Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur||2011|
|M. Tech.||Electrical Engineering||Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur||2006|
|B. Tech||Electrical Engineering||Utkal University||2001|
Sponsored Research Projects
|D-SIDE||DST, New Delhi||2018|
|SMART GRID||SERB, DST, New Delhi||2017|
|Microgrid protection||SERB, New Delhi||2016|
|HIGH IMPEDANCE FAULT DETECTION IN AN INTERCONNECTED NETWORK||DST||2011|
- IEEE , Member
|Title||Course Code||Class Name||Semester|
|B Tech (First Year)||EEN-101||Introduction to Electrical Engineering||Spring|
|B Tech (First Year)||EEN-112||Electrical Science||Spring|
|B Tech (Third Year)||EEN-304||Analog Protection for Power system||Autumn|
|B Tech (Third Year)||EEN-301||Power System Analysis and Control||Autumn|
|PG-BTECH(FOURTH YEAR)PHD||EEN-668||Digital Protection for Power system||Spring|
|PG-BTECH(FOURTH YEAR)PHD||EEN-672||Smart Grid||Autumn|
|Topic||Scholar Name||Status of PHD||Registration Year|
|Adaptive distance relaying for power network||Jeetendra Kumar||A||2013|
|Adaptive Protection schemes for microgrid system||Harikrishna Muda||A||2013|
|Synchrophasor Technonoly for Smart Grid||Mr. P. Phanidra||O||2015|
|Adaptive Directional Overcurrent Relaying for Smart Grid||Mr. P. Naveen||O||2016|
|Micro-PMU for Inverter based Distributed Generation System||Mr. Abhisek Mishra||O||2016|
|Fuse-recloser coordination in the presence of inverter based DGs||Mrs. Kartika Dubey||O||2018|
|DC microgrid protection||Mr Keshab rao||O||2018|
1. Premalata Jena and Ashok Kumar Pradhan," Protection systems considering the presenc eof STATCOM," Springer, Singapore, 2014
Refereed Journal Papers
- H. Muda and P. Jena, "The Phase Angle Based Principal Component Technique for Islanding Detection of Distributed Generations" IET Renewable Power Generation, vol. 12, no. 6, pp. 735-746, 2018.
- H. Muda and P. Jena, "Superimposed adaptive sequence current based microgrid protection: A new technique" IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery, vol. 32, no. 2, pp. 757-767, 2017.
- J. Kumar and P. Jena, "Directional relaying in presence of STATCOM during single pole tripping", IET Science and measurements, vol. 11, no. 5, pp. 673-680, 2017
- H. Muda and P. Jena, "Sequence Currents based adaptive protection approach for distribution networks with distributed generation" IET Generation Transmission and Distribution, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 154-165, 2017.
- J. Kumar and P. Jena, "Protection of double-circuit line with thyristor controlled series capacitor using principal component analysis", Electric components and systems, vol. 45, no. 1, pp. 63-74, 2017.
- J. Kumar and P. Jena, “Solution to fault detection during power swing using Teager–Kaiser energy operator” Journal of Science and Engineering, Springer, 2017.
- H. Muda and P. Jena, "A New Rate of Change of Superimposed Negative Sequence Impedance Based Islanding Detection Technique for Distributed Generations" IET Generation Transmission and Distribution, vol. 10, no. 13, pp. 3170-3182, 2016.
- P. Jena and A. K. Pradhan, "Directional relaying during secondary arc using superimposed component of voltage and current," IEEE Transaction on Power Delivery, vol. 30, no. 3, pp. 1626-1628, 2015.
- P. Jena and A. K.Pradhan, "Reducing current transformer saturation effect in phasor measurement unit" International Transactions on Electrical Energy System, DOI: 10.1002/etep.2152, 2015.
- P. Jena and A. K. Pradhan, “Directional relaying during single-pole tripping using phase change in negative sequence current,” IEEE Trans. on Power Delivery, vol. 28,no. 3, pp. 1548-1557,2013.
- P. Jena and A. K. Pradhan, "Directional relaying in the presence of thyristor controlled series capacitor,"IEEE Trans. on Power Delivery, vol. 28, no.2, pp. 628- 636, 2013.
- P. Jena and A. K. Pradhan, “An integrated approach for directional relaying of double circuit line,” IEEE Trans. on Power Delivery, vol. 26, no.3, pp. 1783-1792, 2011.
- P. Jena and A. K. Pradhan, “A positive sequence directional relaying algorithm for series compensated line,” IEEE Trans. on Power Delivery, vol. 25, no.4, pp. 2288- 2298, 2010.
- A. K. Pradhan and P. Jena, “A solution to close-in fault problem in directional relaying,” IEEE Trans. on Power Delivery, vol. 23, no.3, pp. 1690-1692, 2008.
- H. Muda and P. Jena, “A New Active Islanding Detection Technique Using Superimposed Positive-Sequence Power Angle Disturbance of IBDER” Accepted in PES General Meeting, USA, 2018.
- P. Kumar and P. Jena, “Super Imposed Negative Sequence Power Based Islanding Detection Technique”, INDICON-201, IIT Roorkee, 2017.
- P. Nabin and P. Jena, “A Review on Issues and Coordination Strategies for Over Current Protection in Microgrid”, INDICAN-2017, IIT Roorkee, 2017.
- R. Gupta and P. Jena, “Detection of Fault in Transmission Line during Power Swing Using Fuzzy C-Means Clustering, IEEE, International Conference on Information, Communication, Instrumentation and Control (ICICIC), 2017.
- A. Mishra and P. Jena, “Superimposed Positive Sequence Voltage and Current Based Islanding Detection Techniques for Microgrid”, CERA-2017,IIT Roorkee, 2017.
- J. Kumar and P. Jena , “Detection of Fault During Power Swing Using Superimposed Negative Sequence Apparent Power Based Scheme”, CERA-2017, IIT Roorkee, 2017.
- S. Sarangi and P. Jena,“Secured Zone 3 Protection During Load Encroachment Using Synchrophasors, CERA-2017,IIT Roorkee,2017.
- Harikrishna Muda and P. Jena, “Real time simulation of new adaptive overcurrent technique for microgrid protection”, Published in 19th National Power Systems Conference (NPSC), IIT Bhubaneswar, 19-21 Dec., 2016.
- Harikrishna Muda and P. Jena, “Principle component based passive islanding detection technique for distributed generations”, International Conference on 21st Century Energy Needs-Materials, Systems, and Applications, IIT Kharagpur, 17-19 Nov., 2016.
- Harikrishna Muda and P. Jena, “Real-time simulation of hybrid microgrid for islanding detection analysis”, IEEE 6th International Conference on Power Systems(ICPS), IIT Delhi, India, 4-6 Mar., 2016.
- J. Kumar and P. Jena “Fault detection during power swing using Teager-Kaiser energy operator”, IEEE 6th International Conference on Power Systems (ICPS), pp. 1- 6, 2016.
- Harikrishna Muda and P. Jena, “Sequence component based islanding detection technique”, National Conference On Sustainable Energy, Micro and Smart Grid Technologies, Siksha O Anusandhan University Bhubaneswar, India, 2-3 Jan., 2015.
- Harikrishna Muda, Kota Sai Sasank and P. Jena, “Analysis of overcurrent protection schemes for active distribution networks”, Indian Smart Grid week, Bangalore, India, 2-6 Mar., 2015.
- J. Kumar and P. Jena “Fault detection in a series compensated line during power swing using superimposed apparent power”, IEEE Power & Energy Society General Meeting, PP. 1-6, 2015.
- M. Harikrishna, J Kumar and P Jena, “Detection of operational-mode of TCSC using positive sequence technique”, Eighteenth National Power Systems Conference (NPSC),IIT Guwahati, 1-6, 2014.
- M Harikrishna, J Kumar and P Jena, “Detection of operational-mode of TCSC using positive sequence technique”, Eighteenth National Power Systems Conference (NPSC), Guwahati, 1-6, 2014.
- P. Jena and A. K. Pradhan, "High Impedance fault detection,' NPSC,IIT Bombay, 2012.
- P. Jena and A. K. Pradhan, “An integrated approach for directional relaying of double circuit line”, IEEE PES General Meeting, USA, 2012.
- P. Jena and A. K. Pradhan, “Solution to directional relaying for double circuit line”, in IEEE International conference on Energy, Automation and Signal, Bhubaneswar, 2011
- P. Jena and A. K. Pradhan, “A positive sequence directional relaying algorithm for series compensated line”, IEE PES General Meeting, USA, 2011.
- P. Jena and A. K. Pradhan, “Overcoming directional relaying problem during current transformer saturation using data fusion technique”, 4th International Conference on Computer Applications in Electrical Engineering-Recent Advances, IIT Roorkee, India, 19-21 , Feb., 2010.
- P. Jena and A. K. Pradhan, “Directional relaying during power swing and single-pole tripping”, IEEE International Conference on power systems, IIT Kharagpur, India, 27-29 Dec., 2009.
- P. Jena, A. K. Pradhan and A. Routray, “A solution towards current transformer saturation problem in power system protection”, Proc. IEEE International Conference on Power Systems, CPRI Bangalore, India, 12-14 Dec., 2007