M.K. Pathak Associate Professor mukesfee[at]iitr.ac.in 01332-285220
Areas of Interest
- Power Electronics and Electric Drives, Electric Vehicle, Solar PV Systems, Control of Electric Motors and Power Converters
|2012||till date||Associate Professor||IIT ROORKEE|
|2007||2012||Assistant Professor||IIT ROORKEE|
|1989||2007||Associate Professor/ Assistant Professor/Lecturer||NIT HAMIRPUR|
|Ph.D||Control of Permanent Magnet Motor Drives||Indian Institue of Technology Delhi||2005|
|Master of Technology||Power Electronics, Electrical Machines and Drives||Indian Institue of Technology Delhi||1995|
|Bachelor of Engineering||Electrical Engineering||L D Engineering College, Gujarat University Ahmedabad||1987|
|2014||till date||Associate Dean Infra (E&AC)||IIT ROORKEE|
Sponsored Research Projects
|Development of Virtual Electrical Machine Lab.||MHRD||2009|
|TPQA of Electrical Works -Redevelopment of Canaught Place||NDMC New Delhi||2013|
- Institute of Engineers (India), Fellow
|Title||Course Code||Class Name||Semester|
|Advanced Power Electronics||EEN-540||M.Tech. and PhD||Autumn|
|Utilization and Traction||EEN-363||B.Tech.||Spring|
|Power Electronic Controlled Electric Drives||EE-640||M.Tech. and PhD||Spring|
|Engineering Analysis and Design||EEN-291||B.Tech.||Autumn|
|Advanced Electric Drives||EE-542||M.Tech. and PhD||Spring|
|Drive System in Electric Traction||EE – 646||M.Tech. and PhD||Autumn|
|Electrical Machines-II||EEN – 303||B.Tech.||Autumn|
|Electromagnetic Field Theory||EE – 204||B.Tech.||Autumn|
|Electrical Fields and Circuits||EE – 201||B.Tech.||Autumn|
|Microprocessors and Peripheral Devices||EE-307||B.Tech.||Autumn|
|Switch Mode Power Supply||EE – 552||M.Tech. and PhD||Spring|
|Topic||Scholar Name||Status of PHD||Registration Year|
|Investigation on voltage regulation and current sharing in dc microgrid||Rohit Kumar||O||2017|
|Control of Multiphase Induction Motor for EV Application||Manoj Kumar Chaudhury||O||2017|
|Direct Power Control of Induction Motor Drives||Harshit Mohan||O||2017|
|Power Converters for Solar PV systems||Dogga Raveendhra||O||2014|
|Integrated Converter for Plug-in Electric Vehicle||Ankit Kumar Singh||O||2014|
|Power Quality Improvement using Modular D-STATCOM||Yarlagadda Srinivasa Rao||A||2012|
|Modeling and Control of DC-DC Converters||Man Mohan Garg||A||2011|
|Investigations on the Soft Computing Techniques in Shunt Active Filters||kishor Kumar Pedapenki||A||2010|
|Improved Power Converter for Distributed Photo voltaic Generation System||Aurobinda Panda||A||2009|
|Investigations on Sensorless Vector Control of MLI fed Induction Motor Drive||Giribabu Dyanamina||A||2009|
|Investigations on Inverter fed Induction Motor Drive||G. Durga Sukumar||A||2008|
|Sustainable Energy Strategy of India- A Comprehensive Evaluation||Rudra Rameshwar||A||2007|
Participation in short term courses
|Couse Name||Sponsored By||Date|
|Multi-Level Inverter and its Applications||QIP, IITR||30-12-2013|
Courses or Conferences Organised
|Conference Name||Sponsored By||Date|
|4th National Power Electronics Conference||DST||10-6-2010|
Electric Machines, Mulukutla S. Sarma and Mukesh K. Pathak, 2008, Cengage Learning.
Refereed Journal Papers
- Singh A.K and Pathak M.K, “Single Phase Bidirectional AC/DC Converter for Plug-in Electric Vehicle with Reduced Conduction Losses”, IET Power Electron., 2018, Vol. 11 Iss. 1, pp. 140-148.
- Singh A.K and Pathak M.K, “Single-stage ZETA-SEPIC-based multifuctional integrated converter for plug-in electric vehicle”, IET Electr. Syst. Transp., 2018, Vol. 8 Iss. 2, pp. 101-111.
- Ankit Kumar Singh and Mukesh Kumar Pathak, “A Multi-Functional Single-Stage Power Electronic Interface for Plug-In Electric Vehicles Application”, Electric Power Componenets and Systems, 2018, vol. 46, issue 2, pp. 135-148.
- Y. Srinivasa Rao and M. K. Pathak, “Model Predictive Control for Three-Level Cascaded H-bridge D- STATCOM”, IETE Journal of Research, 2018, pp.1-12.
- Srinivasa Rao Y and Mukesh Kumar Pathak, “ A capacitor voltage balancing scheme for a single-phase cascaded H-bridge STATCOM”, Electric Power Components and Systems (accepted).
- Garg, M.M and Pathak M.K, “Mathematical Modeling of Non-Ideal Zeta Converter Using Tags in MATLAB/Simulink”, International Journal of Mechanical Engineering and Robotics Research, pp. 331-335, Vol. 6 (4), 2017.
- Yarlagadda, S.R. and Pathak M.K, “A Zero Sequence Voltage Injection Method for Cascaded H-Bridge D- STATCOM”, Journal of Power Electronics, pp. 1088-1096, Vol. 17 (4), 2017.
- Panda, A, Pathak M.K and Srivastava, S.P. “Enhanced Power Quality Based Single Phase Photovoltaic Distributed Generation System”, International Journal of Electronics, pp. 1262-1278, Vol.103 (8), 2016.
- Giribabu Dyanamina, Mukesh Kumar Pathak and Satya Prakash Srivastava “ Parallel Stator Resistance Estimator using Neural Networks for Rotor Flux Based Model Reference Adaptive System Speed Observer”, Electric Power Components and Systems, pp. 658-672, Vol. 44 (6), 2016.
- Kishore Kumar Pedapenki, SP Gupta and Mukesh Kumar Pathak, “Shunt Active Power Filter with MATLAB and D’SPACE 1104 Verification”, International Journal of Applied Engineering Research, pp. 4085- 4090, Vol. 11 (6), 2016.
- Panda Aurobinda, Pathak M.K and Srivastava, S.P. “A Single Phase Photovoltaic Inverter Control for Grid Connected System” Indian Academy of Sciences Sadhana, pp. 15-30, Vol. 41 (1), 2016.
- Man Mohan Garg, Mukesh Kumar Pathak and Yogesh Vijay Hote, “Effect of Non-idealities on the Design and Performance of a DC-DC Buck Converter”, Journal of Power Electronics, pp. 832-839, Vol. 16, No. 3, May 2016.
- Man Mohan Garg, Yogesh Vijay Hote and Mukesh Kumar Pathak, “Design and Performance Analysis of a PWM dc–dc Buck Converter Using PI–Lead Compensator”, Arabian Journal for Science and Engineering, pp. 3607-3626, Vol. 40 (12), 2015.
- Man Mohan Garg, Yogesh V Hote, Mukesh K Pathak, “ Notes on Small Signal Analysis of Energy Factor and Mathematical Modeling for Power DC-DC”, IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, pp. 3848, Vol. 29 (7), July 2014.
- G Durgasukumar and Mukesh Kumar Pathak, “Performance Improvement of Indirect Vector Controlled Induction Motor Drive using Multi-Level Inverter”, International Journal of Power and Energy Conversion, pp. 155-171, Vol.5 (2), 2014.
- Panda, A, Pathak, M.K and Srivastava S.P, “Solar Direct Torque Controlled Induction Motor Drive for Industrial Applications”, International Journal of Renewable Energy Research, pp. 794-802, Vol. 3 (4), 2013.
- Giribabu Dyanamina, Satya Prakash Srivastava, Mukesh Kumar Pathak “ Rotor Flux-Based MRAS for Three Level Inverter fed Induction Motor Drive using Fuzzy Logic Controller”, International Journal of Power Electronics, pp. 463-478, Vol. 4 (5), 2012.
- G Durgasukumar and M K Pathak, “Indirect Vector Control Induction Motor Drive Performance under Low Speed”, Journal of Electrical Systems, pp. 338-347, Vol. 8 (3), 2012.
- G Durgasukumar and Mukesh Kumar Pathak, “Neuro-Fuzzy-Based Torque Ripple Reduction and Performance Improvement of VSI fed Induction Motor Drive”, International Journal of Bio-Inspired Computation, pp. 63-72, Vol. 4 (2), 2012.
- G Durgasukumar and Mukesh Kumar Pathak, “Neuro-Fuzzy-Based Space Vector Modulation for THD Reduction in VSI fed Induction Motor Drive”, International Journal of Power Electronics, pp. 160-180, Vol. 4 (2), 2012.
- G Durgasukumar and M.K Pathak, “Comparison of Adaptive Neuro-Fuzzy-Based Space-Vector Modulation for Two-Level Inverter”, International Journal of Electrical Power & Energy Systems, pp. 9- 19, Vol. 38 (1), 2012.
- G Durgasukumar and M.K Pathak, “Induction Motor Drive THD Improvement with Multi-level Inverter”, Advanced Materials Research, pp. 5045-5052, Vol. 403, 2012.
- Rameshwar R, Agrawal R, Pathak M.K, “Review of state electricity boards and Indian energy sector: A case study”, International Energy Journal, pp. 101-110, Vol. 11 (2), 2010.
- M Kumar, B Singh and BP Singh, “Reversible Permanent Magnet Brushless DC Motor Drive without Mechanical Sensors”, International Journal of Power & Energy Systems, 346-352, Vol. 27 (4), 2007.
- Bhim Singh, Mukesh Kumar and BP Singh, “Review of Sensor Reduction Techniques for Permanent Magnet Brushless DC Motor”, IEEMA Journal, pp. 52-54, Vol. XXV (4), 2005.
- M Kumar, B Singh and BP Singh, “Single Current Sensor Based Speed Control of Permanent Magnet Brushless dc Motor using Digital Signal Processor ”, Journal of Institution of Engineers (India), pp. 17-21, Vol. 86, 2005.
- Bhim Singh, BP Singh and M Kumar, “PFC Converter fed PMBLDC Motor Drive for AIr Conditioing”, Institution of Engineers (India), pp. 22-27, Vol. 84, 2003.