Dheeraj K Khatod
Areas of Interest
- Distributed Generation Systems, Hybrid and Integrated Renewable Energy System, Variable Frequency Transformer
|May 2008||Oct 2010||Assistant Professor (on contract)||IIT Roorkee|
|Oct 2010||Apr 2016||Assistant Professor||IIT Roorkee|
|Apr 2016||cont||Associate Professor||IIT Roorkee|
|B.E.||Electrical Engineering||NIT Raipur (Erstwhile GEC Raipur)||1998|
|M.Tech.||Electrical Engineering (Power System)||IIT Roorkee||2002|
|Ph.D.||Optimal Planning of Distributed Generation Systems||IIT Roorkee||2007|
|Jun 2016||May 2017||Warden (Govind Bhawan)||Students' Welfare|
|Apr 2017||cont||Faculty in Charger (Time Table)||Department of Electrical Engineering|
|Jun 2017||cont||Chief Warden (Govind Bhawan)||Students' Welfare|
|Jul 2017||cont||Faculty in Charge, Power System Simulation Lab||Department of Electrical Engineering|
|2018||2019||Faculty Coordinator, Cognizance-2019||Students' Welfare|
|Feb 2019||cont||Member, Department Faculty Search Committee||Department of Electrical Engineering|
|Jul 2019||cont||Faculty in Charge, Maintenance||Department of Electrical Engineering|
Sponsored Research Projects
|Study of Rural Electricity Service through Renewable Energy Based Distributed Power Generation||TERI, New Delhi||2008|
|Techno-Economic Review of DPR for Girna Small Hydroelectric Plant, Maharashtra||SEP Energy Pvt. Ltd., Chennai||2009|
|Techno-Economic Review of DPR for Papumpam Hydroelectric Plant, Arunachal Pradesh||Meena Entrade and Engg Pvt Ltd, Naharlagun, Andhra Pradesh||2009|
|FIST support to AHEC to strengthen the research and teaching on Hydropower Generation||DST, India||2012|
|Study for optimization of Hydro resources in the state of Karnataka||KPCL, Bangalore||2015|
|Indo-Danish- data-driven control and optimization for a highly Efficient Distribution Grid (ID-EDGe)||DST, India||2019|
Participation in seminars
|3rd International Conference on Power Systems (ICPS 2009)||IIT Kharagpur||IEEE||Dec 2009|
|South Asia Regional Initiative for Energy (SARI/Energy) Regional Workshop on Micro Hydro Projects||Kathmandu (Nepal)||United States Agency for International Development (USAID)||Apr 2010|
|National Workshop on Hydropower Development in Himalayan Region||NIT Hamirpur||Him Urja||Dec 2010|
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), Member
- International Association of Engineers (IAENG), Member
|Title||Course Code||Class Name||Semester|
|Power System Planning||EEN-661||B.Tech. (Elect Engg) IV Year, M.Tech. (PSE) I year & Pre-Ph.D.||Autumn|
|Rural Electrical Energy System Planning and Design||AHN-528||M.Tech. (AHES) I Year & Pre-Ph.D.||Autumn|
|Power Transmission and Distribution||EEN-206||B.Tech. (Elect Engg), II Year||Spring|
|Numerical Methods for Electrical Engineering||EEN-365||B.Tech. (Elect Engg), III Year||Spring|
|Electrical Science||EEN-112||B. Tech. (MME) II Year + IMT (GPT) II Year||Autumn|
|Topic||Scholar Name||Status of PHD||Registration Year|
|Cost Analysis of High Head Small Hydropower Projects||Sachin Mishra||A||Jul 2009|
|Optimal Planning of Integrated Renewable Energy System||Mohit Bansal||A||Jul 2010|
|Distribution System Planning with Distributed Generation||Gopiya Naik S||A||Jul 2010|
|Optimal Planning of Distributed Generation in Distribution System||Rajkumar Viral||A||Jan 2011|
|Application of Variable Frequency Transformer (VFT) for Integration of Wind Energy System||Farhad Ilahi Bakhsh||A||Jul 2012|
|Loss Allocation in Distribution System with Distributed Generation||Kushal M Jagtap||A||Jul 2012|
|Optimal Planning of Distributed Generation for Distribution Network||Surender Singh Tanwar||O||Jul 2013|
|Optimal Sizing and Siting of Distributed Generation||Prem Prakash||O||Jul 2013|
|Development of Control Strategies for DC Micro-Grid||Ramjee Lal Meena||O||Jul 2013|
|Optimal Placement of Distributed Generation in Distribution System||Shanti Bhai Patel||O||Jul 2015|
|Development of Integrated Renewable Energy System for an un-electrified remote area||Dixitkumar Prafulkumar Pathak||O||Jan 2016|
Visits to outside institutions
|Institute Visited||Purpose of Visit||Date|
|NIT Hamirpur (HP)||M.Tech. Thesis evaluation||Jul 2011|
|AMU Aligarh||M.Tech. Thesis evaluation||Aug 2012|
|NIT Hamirpur (HP)||M.Tech. Thesis evaluation||Oct 2012|
|NIT Trichy (TN)||Ph.D. Viva-voce examination||Jul 2013|
Participation in short term courses
|Couse Name||Sponsored By||Date|
|Electro-Mechanical Design Engineers of Micro/Mini Hydropower||United States Agency for International Development (USAID) & AEPC, Nepal||Apr 2010|
Special Lectures Delivered
|Overview of Small Hydropower Projects||Graphic Era University, Dahradun||09/08/2010|
|Overview of Small Hydropower Projects||RCEW, Jaipur||18/09/2010|
|Modelling and Simulation of Small Hydro Plants||NIT Hamirpur||07/12/2010|
|MATLAB Programming||MANIT Bhopal||07/01/2013|
|Soft Computing using MATLAB||RTU Kota||17/03/2013|
- S. Mishra, S.K. Singal and D.K. Khatod, “Cost Optimization of High Head Run of River Small Hydropower Projects” (chapter) in book “Application of Geographical Information Systems and Soft Computation Techniques in Water and Water Based Renewable Energy Problems”, Springer, 2018.
Refereed Journal Papers
- D.K. Khatod, V. Pant and J. Sharma, “A novel approach for sensitivity calculations in the radial distribution system”, IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery, Vol. 21, No. 4, pp. 2048-2057, Oct 2006.
- D.K. Khatod, V. Pant and J. Sharma, “Analytical approach for well-being assessment of small autonomous power systems with solar and wind energy sources”, IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion, Vol. 25, No. 2, pp. 535-545, Jun 2010.
- S. Mishra, S.K. Singal and D.K. Khatod, “Effect of penstock length variation on hydraulic transients”, Indian Journal of Power and River Valley Development, Vol. 60, No. 11 & 12, pp. 194-198, Nov-Dec, 2010.
- S. Mishra, S.K. Singal and D.K. Khatod, “Design of desilting tank for small hydropower projects-A review”, Water and Energy International, Vol. 68, No. 4, pp. 32-36, Apr 2011.
- S. Mishra, S.K. Singal and D.K. Khatod, “Approach for cost determination of electro-mechanical equipment in RoR SHP projects”, Journal of Smart Grid and Renewable Energy, Vol. 2, No. 2, pp. 63-67, May 2011.
- S. Mishra, S.K. Singal and D.K. Khatod, “Sustainable energy development by small hydropower with CDM benefits in India”, International Journal of Ambient Energy, Vol. 32, No. 2, pp. 103-110, Jun 2011.
- S. Mishra, S.K. Singal and D.K. Khatod, “Optimal installation of small hydropower plant-A review”, Renewable and Sustainable Energy Review, Vol. 15, No. 8, pp. 3862-3869, Oct 2011.
- S. Mishra, S.K. Singal and D.K. Khatod, “A review on electromechanical equipment applicable to small hydropower plants”, International Journal of Energy Research, Vol. 36, No. 5, pp. 553-571, Apr 2012.
- S. Mishra, S.K. Singal and D.K. Khatod, “Costing of a small hydropower project”, IACSIT International Journal of Engineering and Technology, Vol. 4, No. 3, pp. 239-242, Jun 2012.
- S. Mishra, S.K. Singal and D.K. Khatod, “Effect of penstock length variation on mechanical power”, International Journal of Energy Science, Vol. 2, No. 3, pp. 110-114, Jun 2012.
- R. Viral and D.K. Khatod, “Optimal planning of distributed generation systems in distribution system: A review”, Renewable Energy and Sustainable Reviews, Vol. 16, No. 7, pp. 5146-5165, Sep 2012.
- Gopiya Naik S., D.K. Khatod and M.P. Sharma, “Planning and operation of distributed generation in distribution networks”, International Journal of Emerging Technology and Advanced Engineering , Vol. 2, No. 9, pp. 381-388, Sep 2012.
- M. Bansal, R.P. Saini and D.K. Khatod, “Development of cooking sector in rural areas of India-A review”, Renewable Energy and Sustainable Reviews, Vol. 17, pp. 44-53, Jan 2013.
- D.K. Khatod, V. Pant and J. Sharma, “Evolutionary Programming based optimal placement of renewable distributed generators”, IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, Vol. 28, No. 2, pp. 683-695, May 2013.
- S.G. Naik, D.K. Khatod and M.P. Sharma, “Optimal allocation of combined DG and capacitor for real power loss minimization in distribution networks”, International Journal of Electrical Power & Energy Systems, Vol. 53, pp. 967-973, Dec 2013.
- S. Mishra, S.K. Singal and D.K. Khatod, “Sizing and quantity estimation for desilting tank of small hydropower projects-An analytical approach”, International Journal of Green Energy, Vol. 10, No. 6, pp. 574-587, 2013.
- S. Mishra, S.K. Singal and D.K. Khatod, “Cost Analysis for Electromechanical Equipment in Small Hydropower Projects”, International Journal of Green Energy, Vol. 10, No. 8, pp. 835-847, 2013.
- M. Bansal, R.P. Saini and D.K. Khatod, “Optimal sizing of a solar–biogas-based cooking system for a cluster of villages”, International Journal of Sustainable Energy, Vol. 33, No. 5, pp. 1017-1032, 2014.
- F.I. Bakhsh and D.K. Khatod, “Application of variable frequency transformer (VFT) for grid interconnection of PMSG based wind energy generation system”, Sustainable Energy Technologies and Assessments, Vol. 8, pp. 172-180, 2014.
- R. Viral and D.K. Khatod, “An analytical approach for sizing and siting of DGs in balanced radial distribution networks for loss minimization”, International Journal of Electrical Power & Energy Systems, Vol. 67, pp. 191-201, 2015.
- S.N.G. Naik, D.K. Khatod and M.P. Sharma, “Analytical approach for optimal siting and sizing of distributed generation in radial distribution networks”, IET Generation, Transmission & Distribution, Vol. 9, No. 3, pp. 209–220, 2015.
- K.M. Jagtap and D.K. Khatod, “Loss allocation in radial distribution networks with different load models and distributed generations”, IET Generation, Transmission & Distribution, Vol. 9, No. 12, pp. 1275–1291, 2015.
- K.M. Jagtap and D.K. Khatod, “Loss allocation in distribution networks with distributed generations”, IET Generation, Transmission & Distribution, Vol. 9, No. 13, pp. 1628–1641, 2015.
- F.I. Bakhsh and D.K. Khatod, “A new synchronous generator based wind energy conversion system feeding an isolated load through variable frequency transformer”, Renewable Energy, Vol. 86, pp. 106-116, 2016.
- K.M. Jagtap and D.K. Khatod, “Loss allocation in radial distribution networks with various distributed generation and load models”, International Journal of Electrical Power & Energy Systems, Vol. 75, pp. 173-186, 2016.
- P. Prakash and D.K. Khatod, “Optimal sizing and siting techniques for distributed generation in distribution systems: A review”, Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Vol. 57, pp. 111-130, 2016.
- K.M. Jagtap and D.K. Khatod, “Novel Approach for Loss Allocation of Distribution Networks with DGs”, Electric Power Systems Research, Vol. 143, pp. 303-311, Feb 2017.
- S.S. Tanwar and D.K. Khatod, “Techno-Economic and Environmental Approach for Optimal Placement and Sizing of Renewable DGs in Distribution System”, Energy, Vol. 127, pp. 52-67, 2017