This laboratory caters to the requirements for both UG and PG students in the subject area of semiconductor materials / devices characterization and measurements. It is equipped with a vacuum evaporator, polishing machine, annealing furnace and characterization systems. In addition, as part of UG lab it has experimental setups for conducting basic studies on material and device characteristics.
Facilities in the Solid State Lab
- Various experimental kits for device characterization like four probe, pn junction characteristics, hall effect, h parameter measurement etc.
- Fabrication of two terminal devices, characterization.
- Tubular furnace setup (0 - 1000 oC)
- Vaccum coater for metallization
- Spin coater
- Keithley IV system
- Wayne Kerr LCR system for C-V characterization
- Two terminal MOS capacitor with high K-dielectric and its reliability study
- III-V Schottky diodes and its characteristics modeling
- Modeling and Reliability study of Si nano wire transistors