Areas of Interest
- Power Amplifiers:, Broadband, load modulation, Doherty PA, pulse gate modulation, High Efficient PAs, Switch Mode PAs, Transceiver Design:, All-digital transmitters, Transceivers, Digital control of RF circuits, Transmit/Receive module, Chip Design:, CMOS and GaN MMIC based power amplifiers design, mixed signal design, GaN MMIC based RF Chip design, Modelling:, RF PA Design with Embedding Device Model, Non-linear device modelling, RF measurement , RF Circuits:, Multi-port Networks, Modulators , RF Analog Processing, mixers, LNA, Embedded Design:, FPGA based transceivers for wireless applications, Sensor Integration with IOT:, IOT based pedestrian counting, Cloud centric IOT, Wireless Communication using embedded platforms:, Software defined radio for Wireless communication
|2014-01-01||Ongoing||Assistant Professor||Department of Electronics and Communication, Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee|
|2013-01-01||1 year||Assistant Professor||Centre for Applied Research in Electronics, Indian Institute of Technology Delhi|
|2012-01-01||1 year||Postdoctoral Fellow||iRadio Lab, Department of Electrical Engineering, University of Calgary|
|2003-01-01||4 years||Scientist/Engineer-SC||Microwave Sensors Receiver Division at Space Applications Centre, Indian Space Research Organization|
Honors and Awards
|Guest Editor of special issue||International Journal of RF and Microwave Computer-Aided Engineering, Wiley||2018|
|Founding Director and Chairman||Startup: Linearized amplifier technologies and services private limited, Incubated in IIT Roorkee||2017|
|Featured Engineer||EEWeb Community||2016|
|Technical Advisor Position||Avantel Ltd.||2014|
|Member Editorial Board||Wiley International Journal RFMiCAE||2013|
|Member||MTT Special Interest Group in Microwave and Wireless Education, SiGMaWE||2020|
|First Prize in 3rd Annual Smart Radio Challenge||Wireless Innovation Forum||2010|
|Best Design Prize 3rd Annual Smart Radio Challenge||Wireless Innovation Forum||2010|
|2009, 2010, 2011, Research Production Award||University of Calgary||2011|
|PhD||Electrical and Computers Engineering||University of Calgary, Canada||2012|
|MS||Electrical and Computers Engineering||University of Calgary, Canada||2009|
|BE||Electronics & Communication Engineering||C.C.S. University Meerut,India||2002|
Sponsored Research Projects
|Topic||Funding Agency||Start Date||Period|
|Study and Design Challenges in GaN MMIC based Power Amplifier at Ku-Band||Advanced Semiconductor Technology (ASemiT), DRDO, Government of India||2018-01||Ongoing|
|Study of Design Feasibility for High Power GaN based Power Amplifier at Ku-Band in Hybrid MIC Techno||Advanced Semiconductor Technology (ASemiT), DRDO, Government of India||2017-01||Ongoing|
|Design & Characterization of High Efficiency Radio Frequency Switch Mode Power Amplifiers||Faculty Initiation grant, IIT Roorkee||2017-01||3 years 7 months|
|Infrastructural grant||DeitY, Government of India, under Visvesvaraya PhD Scheme for Electronics and IT||2016-01||Ongoing|
|RF Power Amplifier Design based on SSPL GaN Devices||Solid State Physics Laboratory, DRDO, Government of India||2016-01||4 years 7 months|
|Broad-Band Gallium Nitride Based Doherty Power Amplifier for Efficient Amplification of High Crest F||DST||2014-01||6 years 7 months|
|Experiments development for Software defined radio SDR-lab||Amitec Electronics Ltd.||2014-01||6 years 7 months|
|Lab Facility for RF and Baseband techniques in Software Defined Radio||IIT Delhi||2013-01||7 years 7 months|
|Multiband/Multi-Standard Concurrent Doherty Power Amplifier||Faculty Initiation grant, IIT Delhi||2013-01||7 years 7 months|
Participation in seminars
|Workshop co-organizer/Speaker||Madrid, Spain||IEEE European Microwave Conference, EuMC 2018||2020-08|
|Workshop co-organizer/Speaker||Philadelphia, USA||IEEE International Microwave Symposium IMS 2018||2020-08|
|Technical Program Co-Chair||Roorkee, India||IEEE India Council International Conference (INDICON) 2017||2020-08|
|Invited paper||Baltimore, USA||IEEE International Symposium on Circuits & Systems (ISCAS)||2020-08|
|Invited paper||Nuremberg, Germany||IEEE European Microwave Conference, EuMC 2017||2020-08|
|Workshop Speaker||Texas, Austin, USA||88th IEEE ARFTG Microwave Measurement Symposium||2020-08|
|Publication Chair||New Delhi, India||IEEE Asia Pacific Microwave Conference APMC 2016||2020-08|
|Organizer of PhD Initiative program||New Delhi, India||IEEE Asia Pacific Microwave Conference APMC 2016||2020-08|
|Workshop co-organizer/Speaker||Hyderabad, India||IEEE International Microwave and RF conference IMaRC 2015||2020-08|
|Workshop co-organizer/Speaker||Nanjing, China||IEEE Asia Pacific Microwave Conference APMC 2015||2020-08|
|Organizer of Special Session||Guwahati, India||IEEE Applied Electromagnetic Conference AEMC 2015||2020-08|
|Guest Speaker||New Delhi, India||National Conference on III-Nitride Materials and Devices, SSPL, DRDO||2020-08|
|Workshop organizer/Speaker||Bangalore, India||IEEE International Microwave and RF conference Conference IMaRC 14||2020-08|
- IEEE, Senior Member
- Wiley Journal: RFMiCAE (Radio frequency and microwave computer aided engineering), Member Editorial board
- IEEE Microwave Theory and Techniques Society, Member
- IEEE Circuit and Systems Society, Member
- IEEE Industrial Electronics Society, Member
- IEEE Electronic Devices Society, Member
- IEEE Young Professionals, Member
- IEEE Solid State Circuits Society, Member
- MTT Special Interest Group in Microwave and Wireless Education, SiGMaWE, Member
- International Journal of RF and Microwave Computer-Aided Engineering, Wiley, Guest Editor of a special issue
Projects and Thesis Supervised
|Title of Project||Names of Students|
|Design of High Efficiency Multi-Standard Multi-Stage Doherty Power Amplifier.||Girish Kumar Ajmera|
|Six Port Modulator Design using Six Port Microwave Network||Lalbahadur Dube|
|Design of harmonic terminated power amplifier||Parul Gupta|
|Design and Optimisation of Doherty Power Amplier with Extended Efficiency Range||Akhilesh K|
|Analysis and Characterization of GaN HEMT based Power Amplifiers||Viswas N.G,|
|Modeling of GaN HEMT and RF Power Amplifier Design||Samarth Saxena|
|Broadband Class E RF Power Amplifier||Pankaj Kakkad|
|GaN Based Switch Mode Power Amplifier In Class-D Mode||Jai Datt Poonia|
|Wide band Distributed RF power amplifier||Ram Babu Kumar|
|Wideband Push-pull Power Amplifier||Varun Deep Singh|
|Multiport Network Design and Application for Vector Network Ana||Rashmi Soni|
|ON-Chip PA Design using GaN HEMT MMIC Process||Ahmad Zakaria|
|Topic||Scholar Name||Status of PHD||Registration Date|
|Reconfigurable Concurrent Multi-band Doherty Power Amplifier||Robin Kalyan||O||2013-01|
|Bandwidth and Dynamic Range Extension of Load Modulation in Doherty PA Architecture||Ayushi Barthwal||O||2014-01|
|Characterization & Mitigation of Linear & Non-Linear Distortions in Six-Port Modulator||Chetan Pathak||O||2014-01|
|Bandwidth and back-off enhancement in Doherty Power Amplifier||Sujata Ghosh||O||2015-01|
|LINC Transmitter Design for Multiband Applications||Ekta Aggrawal||O||2015-01|
|Efficiency Enhancement Schemes In Power Amplifiers For Wideband Applications||Y. Mary Asha Latha||O||2015-01|
|Power Amplifier Design at High RF Frequency||Hemant Kumar Singhal||O||2015-01|
|All Digital Transmitter using Delta Sigma Modulation||Nishant Kumar||O||2016-01|
|RF Measurement and Calibration Techniques||Anuj Kumar Sahoo||O||2017-01|
|Reliability of Gallium-Nitride based High Electron Mobility Transistor and circuits||Sourabh Jindal||O||2015-01|
Visits to outside institutions
|Institute Visited||Purpose of Visit||Date|
|Ohio State University||To Deliver Invited Talk and Seek for possible collaboration||2013-01-01|
|University of Calgary||For Carrying out ongoing Research Collaboration||2014-01-01|
|Invited talk on Bandwidth enhancement of load modulation techniques in Power amplifiers for upcoming wireless communication||IEEE ARFTG Microwave Measurement Symposium||2017-01|
|Talk on Design methodologies of power amplifiers at National Level Short term course on Signal Processing and VLSI Design||IEEE Electronic Devices Delhi Chapter||2017-01|
|Recent Trends in RF Power Amplifier and Wireless Transmitter Design||IEEE Asia Pacific Microwave Conference, 2015, China||2015-01|
|Advances on Power Amplifier||National Conference on III-Nitride Materials and Devices||2015-01|
|Understanding load modulation in power amplifiers at Target Training Program on Gallium Nitride device simulation and power amplifier design,||SSPL, DRDO||2015-01|
|RF Power Amplifiers and Architectures for Upcoming Wireless Communication||IEEE MSIT Delhi Chapter||2014-01|
|Techniques in Multi-band/Multi-standard Doherty Power Amplifiers for Wireless Transmitters||IEEE MTT/APS Columbus Chapter, ElectroScience Laboratory, Ohio State University||2020-08|
|Concept of Load-Modulation in Doherty Power Amplifier for Wireless Transmitters||IEEE MTT-Delhi chapter||2020-08|
|Power efficient multi-band/ multi-standard wireless transmitter for software defined radios||IEEE MTT Delhi Chapter||2020-08|
|Multi-band Wireless Transmitter Design for Software Defined Radios||IIT Bombay||2020-08|
Participation in short term courses
|Couse Name||Sponsored By||Date|
|RF Power Amplifier Design and Integration for 4G/5G Applications||Global Initiative of Academic Networks (GIAN) scheme of Government of India||2020-08|
|RF Techniques For Software Defined Radios||Cabinet Secretariat New Delhi||2014-01|
|RF Power Amplifiers and Application of Digital Techniques in RF||Cabinet Secretariat New Delhi||2014-01|
Courses or Conferences Organised
|Conference Name||Sponsored By||Date|
|Member Organizing Committee IMaRC 2013||IEEE MTT||2020-08|
|Publication Chair IEEE Asia Pacific Microwave Conference APMC 2016||IEEE MTT||2020-08|
Special Lectures Delivered
|Design of GaN based Power amplifiers||PEC University of Technology, Chandigarh||2017-01|
|Radio Frequency Transmitter Technology for Upcoming Wireless Communication||MNNIT Allahabad||2017-01|
|Design Methodologies of Power Amplifiers||South Campus, Delhi University, New Delhi||2017-01|
|Microwave Engineering: RF Matching Techniques||UIE, Kurukshetra University||2016-01|
|GaN Based Devices||RCI, DRDO, Hyderabad||2016-01|
|Advances on power Amplifier||Solid State Physics Laboratory, DRDO, New Delhi||2015-01|
|Future developments of RF Transmitters for wireless communication||C-DOT, Bangalore||2014-01|
|Concurrent Multi-band Power Amplification for Wireless Communication||NIT Delhi||2014-01|
|Recent Trends and Advancements in Wireless Transmitter Design||UIE, Kurukshetra University||2014-01|
National International Collaboration
|Scheme for Promotion of Academic and Research Collaboration (SPARC)||iRadio Lab, University of Calgary (Prof. Fadhel.M. Ghannouchi)|
|1. All-digital transmitter with pulse load modulation scheme 2. Memory effect compensation in Hybrid RF/Digital Predistortion system||University of Calgary (Prof. Fadhel.M. Ghannouchi)|
|Power Amplifier design using non-linear embedded modelling||Ohio State University (Prof. Patrick Roblin)|
|Electronic Band-gap, meta-materials for multi-band multi-harmonic matching networks.||University of Calgary (Prof. F. Falcone)|
|Multi-band Transmitter and Power Amplifier design||Tsinghua University Beijing (Prof. W. Chen)|
|Concurrent Multi-band Doherty Power Amplifier||I.I.T Delhi|
|Broadband Power Amplifier for efficient transmission of high Crest factor signals||I.I.T Delhi|
- “Multiband RF Circuits and Techniques for Wireless Transmitters”. ISBN 978-3-662-50440-6, Springer, 2016.
- "Bandwidth and Efficiency Enhancement in Radio Frequency Power Amplifiers for Wireless Transmitters" Springer 2018 (accepted contract signed).
Chapter 12: Power amplifier design based on nonlinear embedding models with particular examples, in IET Book “Radio Frequency and Microwave Power Amplifiers: Theory, Design and Applications”, Guest Editor: Andrea Grebennikov
Refereed Journal Papers
Journal Articles Published
- Y. M. Asha Latha, K. Rawat, P. Roblin, “Nonlinear Embedding Model-Based Continuous Class E/F Power Amplifier,” IEEE Microwave Wireless Component Letters (Early Access), DOI: 10.1109/LMWC.2019.2941919, Sep. 2019.
- E. Aggrawal and K. Rawat, "Reconfigurable Chireix Outphasing Power Amplifier over Multiple Frequency Bands," in IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems II: Express Briefs (Early Access), DOI: 10.1109/TCSII.2019.2926529, July 2019.
- S. Ghosh, K. Rawat, “Hybrid Analog/Digital Continuous Class B/J Mode for Broadband Doherty Power Amplifiers”, IEEE Access, vol. 7, pp. 74986-74995, June 2019.
- Y. M. Asha Latha, K. Rawat, M. Helaoui, F. M. Ghannouchi, “Broadband Continuous Mode Power Amplifier with on-board Harmonic Injection", IET Microwaves, Antenna & Propagation, vol. 13, no. 9, pages 1402-1407, July 2019
- S. Ghosh, K. Rawat, “A wideband two-stage Doherty power amplifier at high back-off by exploring feasible design space”, Int J RF Microw Comput Aided Eng, vol. 28, no. 9, pages 1-12, Nov. 2018.
- C. Pathak, K. Rawat, "Nonlinear Characterization & Distortion Mitigation in Six-Port Modulator", IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement, vol. 68, no. 4, pages 1178-1188, Aug. 2018.
- R. Kalyan, K. Rawat, S. K. Koul, "A Digitally assisted dual-input dual-band Doherty power amplifier with enhanced efficiency and linearity", Transactions on circuits and systems-II, vol. 66, no.2, pages 297-301, Jul. 2018.
- A. Barthwal, K. Rawat, S.K. Koul, "A Design Strategy for Bandwidth Enhancement in Three-stage Doherty Power Amplifier with Extended Dynamic Range" accepted for publication in the IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, vol. 66, no. 2, pages: 1024-1033, Feb. 2018.
- E. Aggrawal, K. Rawat, P. Roblin, " Investigating Continuous Class-F Power Amplifier Using Nonlinear Embedding Model", IEEE Microwave Wireless Component Letters, vol. 27, no. 6, pages 593-595, Jun. 2017.
- R. Kalyan, K. Rawat, S.K. Koul, "Reconfigurable and Concurrent Dual-band Doherty Power Amplifier for Multi-band and Multi-standard Applications", IEEE Transactions on Microwave theory and Techniques, vol. 65, no. 1, pages 198-208, Jan. 2017.
- S. Saxena, K. Rawat, P. Roblin," Continuous Class-B/J Power Amplifier Using Nonlinear Embedding Technique", IEEE Transactions on Circuit & System-II, vol. 64, no. 7, pages 837-841, Nov. 2016.
- K. Rawat, G. Gowrish, G. Ajmera, A. Basu, S.K. Koul, "Design scheme for broadband Doherty power amplifier using broadband load combiner", Wiley International Journal of RF and Microwave Computer-Aided Engineering, vol. 25, Issue 8, pages 655–674, Oct. 2015.
- R. Kalyan, K. Rawat, K. S.K. Koul, " Design strategy of concurrent multi-band Doherty power amplifier", IET Microwaves, Antenna & Propagation, vol. 9, no. 12, pages:1313-1322, Sep. 2015.
- A. Barthwal, K. Rawat, S.K. Koul, "Bandwidth Enhancement of Three-Stage Doherty Power Amplifier Using Symmetric Devices", IEEE Transactions on Microwave theory and Techniques, vol. 63, no. 8, pages: 2399-2410, Aug. 2015.
- M. Jouzdani, M. M. Ebrahimi, K. Rawat, M. Helaoui, F.M. Ghannouchi, “Envelope Tracked Pulse Gate Modulated GaN HEMT Power Amplifier for Wireless Transmitters,” IEEE Transaction on circuits and Systems-I, vol. 62, no. 2, pages:571-579, Feb. 2015.
- R. Bhattacharya, A. Basu, K. Rawat, S.K. Koul, “A high efficiency inductor-less broadband fully integrated CMOS power amplifier,” Wiley International Journal of RF and Microwave Computer-Aided Engineering, Vol. 25, no. 4, pages 311–320, May 2015.
- M. Rawat, K. Rawat, R. Darraji, F. E. Alfaro, S. A. Bassam, M. Helaoui, F. M. Ghannouchi, M. Fattouche and F. Falcone, “Cooperative network solution and implementation for emergency applications with enhanced position estimation capability,” Wireless Networks, vol. 20, Issue 5, pages 1157-1168, Jul. 2014.
- L. Azpilicueta, M. Rawat, K. Rawat, F. Ghannouchi, and F. Falcone, “A Ray Launching-Neural Network Approach for Radio Wave Propagation Analysis in Complex Indoor Environments,” IEEE Transactions on Antenna and Propagation, vol. 62, no. 5, pp. 2777-2786, May 2014.
- R. Bhattacharya, R. Gupta, A. Basu, K. Rawat and S. K. Koul, "A Fully Integrated Dual-Band CMOS Power Amplifier Using a Variable Switched Interstage Matching Network", IETE Journal of Research, Volume 60, Issue 2, 2014, pp- 139-144.
- M. Rawat, K. Rawat, F. Ghannouchi, S. Bhattacharjee and H. Leung, “Generalized Rational Functions for Reduced Complexity Behavioral Modeling and Digital Predistortion of Broadband Wireless Transmitters,” IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement., vol. 63, no. 2, pp. 485 - 498, February 2014.
- K. Rawat, M. Rawat, M.S. Hashmi, F.M. Ghannouchi, “Dual Band branch-line hybrid with distinct power division ratio at two bands” Wiley International Journal of RF and Microwave Computer-Aided Engineering, vol. 23, no. 1, Jan. 2013, pages 90–98.
- M. Rawat, K. Rawat, M. Younes and F. M. Ghannouchi, "Joint Mitigation of Non-Linearity and modulator imperfections in a dual-band Concurrent Transmitter Using Neural Networks," IET Electronics Letters, Vol. 49: Issue 4, pp. 253-255, February 2013.
- M. Rawat, K. Rawat, and F. M. Ghannouchi, “Three-Layered Biased Memory Polynomial for Dynamic Modeling and Predistortion of Transmitters,” IEEE Transaction on circuits and Systems-I, vol. 60, no. 3, pages:768-777, March 2013.
- K. Rawat, M.S. Hashmi, F.M. Ghannouchi, “Double the band and optimize” IEEE Microwave Magazine, vol. 13, no. 2, pages: 69-82, April 2012.
- K. Rawat, M.S. Hashmi, F.M. Ghannouchi, “Dual-Band RF Circuits and Components for Multi-standard Software Defined Radios” IEEE Circuit and Sys. Magazine, vol. 12, no. 1, pages: 12-32, Mar. 2012.
- K. Rawat, F.M. Ghannouchi, “Design methodology for dual-band Doherty power amplifier with performance enhancement using Dual-Band offset lines,” IEEE Trans. Industrial Electronics, vol.59, no. 12, pages:4831-4842, Dec. 2012.
- K. Rawat, F.M. Ghannouchi, “A Novel Dual-Band Matching Technique Based on Dual-Characteristic Impedance Transformer for Dual-Band Power Amplifier Design” IET Microwaves, Antennas & Propagation, vol. 5, no. 14, pages: 1720-1729, Nov 2011.
- K. Rawat, F.M. Ghannouchi, M.Rawat, M.S. Hashmi, “Analysis of Frequency Selective Impedance Loading of Transmission Lines for Dual Band Couplers,” Wiley International Journal of RF and Microwave Computer-Aided Engineering, vol. 21, no. 3, pages: 325-335, May 2011.
- W. Chen, S.A. Bassam, Li Xiang, Liu Yucheng, K. Rawat, M. Helaoui, F.M. Ghannouchi and F. Zhenghe,“ Design and linearization of concurrent dual-band Doherty power amplifier with frequency-dependent power ranges,” IEEE Transactions on Microwave theory and Techniques, vol. 59, no. 10, pp. 2537–2546, Oct. 2011.
- M. Rawat, K. Rawat, and F. M. Ghannouchi, “Recent Advances on Signal Processing Solutions for Distortion Mitigation Due to Power Amplifier and Non-Ideality of Transmitter System,” Journal Recent Patents on Signal Processing, vol. 1: no. 2, pp. 135-142, Dec. 2011.
- K. Rawat, M. Rawat, F.M. Ghannouchi, “Compensating I-Q Imperfections in Hybrid RF/Digital Predistortion with Adapted Look up Table Implemented in FPGA,” IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems II, vol. 57, no. 5, pages: 389-393, May 2010.
- M. S. Hashmi, F. M. Ghannouchi, P. J. Tasker, K. Rawat, “Highly Reflective Load-Pull Techniques for Microwave Power Device Characterization,” IEEE microwave Magazine, vol.12, no.4, pages: 96 - 107, Jan. 2010.
- M. Rawat, K. Rawat, F.M. Ghannouchi, “Adaptive Digital Predistortion of Wireless Power Amplifiers/Transmitters Using Dynamic Real-Valued Focused Time-Delay Line Neural Networks,” IEEE Transactions on Microwave theory and Techniques, vol.58, no.1, pages: 95-104, Jan 2010.
- K. Rawat, F.M. Ghannouchi, “A Design Methodology for Miniaturized Power Dividers using Periodically Loaded Slow Wave Structure with Dual Band Applications,” IEEE Transactions on Microwave theory and Techniques, vol. 57, no. 12, part 2, pages: 3380-3388, Dec 2009.
Conference Article Published (Total 28)
- Y. M. Asha Latha, K. Rawat, “Methodology to Realize Wideband High Efficiency Power Amplifier Using Active Harmonic Injection,” 7th IEEE MTT-S International Microwave & RF Conference (IMaRC), 13th – 15th Dec., 2019, Mumbai, India. (accepted)
- N. Kumar, K. Rawat, “Delta Sigma Modulation based All Digital Transmitter for Upcoming SDR applications,” 7th IEEE MTT-S International Microwave & RF Conference (IMaRC), 13th – 15th Dec., 2019, Mumbai, India. (accepted)
- S. Ghosh, K. Rawat, "A Broadband Doherty Power Amplifier Using Class B/J Continuum", 7th IEEE MTT-S International Microwave & RF Conference (IMaRC), 13th-15th December, 2019, Mumbai, India. (accepted)
- K. Rawat “Design Challenges in Continuous Mode Power Amplifiers”, IEEE International Wireless Symposium, Guangzhou, China, May 2019. (Invited Paper)
- S. Ghosh, K. Rawat “Implementation of a Two-Input Digitally Assisted Doherty Transmitter for Enhanced Performance”, IEEE International Wireless Symposium, Guangzhou, China, May 2019. (accepted).
- A. K. Sahoo, K. Rawat “Full 2-Port Vector Network Analyzer using Nonlinear Calibration of Six Port Reflectometer”, IEEE International Wireless Symposium, Guangzhou, China, May 2019. (accepted).
- E. Aggrawal, Karun Rawat, “Analysis and Design of Chireix Outphasing Switched Mode Power Amplifier”, IEEE MTTS Latin America Microwave Conference LAMC, 2018.
- E. Aggrawal, K. Rawat, "Chireix Outphasing Switched Mode Power Amplifier for Wireless Communication", 6th IEEE MTT-S International Microwave & RF Conference, Kolkata, India, December 2018.
- N. Kumar, K. Rawat, "Delta Sigma Modulation Based Digital Transmitter for Single and Dual Band Transmission", 6th IEEE MTT-S International Microwave & RF Conference, Kolkata, India, December 2018.
- A. K. Sahoo, K. Rawat, “A Wideband Rat-race Coupler Using Stepped Impedance Resonator,” IEEE International Wireless Symposium, Chengdu, China, May 2018.
- C. Pathak, K. Rawat, “Quadrature modulation using radio frequency wave correlation in multiport network,” 5th IEEE International Conference on Signal Processing and Integrated Networks (SPIN), New Delhi, India, Feb 2018, pp.1-3.
- N. Kumar, Jai Datt Poonia, K. Rawat, " Class S Power Amplifier based on CSCD with Delta-Sigma Modulation", IEEE Applied Electromagnetics Conference (AEMC-2017),19th-22nd December,2017, Aurangabad, India.
- N. Kumar, K. Rawat, " Efficiency Enhancement in Delta-Sigma Modulator based Transmitter using Level Transformation", IEEE International Microwave and RF Conference (IMaRC-2017),11th -13th December,2017, Ahmedabad, India.
- K. Rawat, Shiban Koul, "Efficiency and Bandwidth Enhancement in Power Amplifiers for Wireless Communication" invited paper in IEEE European Microwave Week (EuMW), 8th-10th October, 2017, Nuremberg, Germany.
- P. Kakkad, E. Aggrawal, K. Rawat, "De-embedded Model based Class-E Power Amplifier Using Waveform Engineering", IEEE International Conference on Computing Communication and Networking Technologies (ICCCNT-2017), 3rd-5th July, 2017, New Delhi, India.
- K. Rawat, S. Saxena, P. Roblin, “Continuous Class-B/J Power Amplifier Using Nonlinear Embedding Technique", invited paper in special session of TCAS, in IEEE International Symposium on circuits & Systems (ISCAS) 2017, 28th May-31st May, 2017, Baltimore, USA.
- Ayushi Barthwal, K. Rawat, Shiban Koul, "Wideband Tri-stage Doherty Power Amplifier with Asymmetric current ratios" IEEE International Microwave and RF Conference (IMaRC-2016), Pages: 1-4, 8th – 9th Dec. 2016, New Delhi, India.
- Ekta Aggrawal, Samarth Saxena, K. Rawat, " Broadband Power Amplifier Design by Exploring Design Space of Continuous Class F mode" IEEE Asia Pacific Microwave Conference (APMC-2016), Pages: 1-4, 5th – 9th Dec. 2016, New Delhi, India.
- Lalbahadur Dube, K. Rawat, Anajan Basu, Shiban K. Koul, “Modulator Design Using Six Port Microwave Network at a Carrier Frequency of 1.9 GHz”, IEEE International Conference on Wireless networks and Embedded systems, Pages: 1-3, 14th -16th Oct. 2016, Punjab, India.
- R. Kalyan, K. Rawat, S. K. Koul, “Design of reconfigurable concurrent dual-band power amplifiers using reconfigurable concurrent dual-band matching network”, IEEE International Wireless Symposium (IWS 2016), 14th-16th Mar. 2016, Beijing, China.
- Samarth Saxena, K. Rawat, Patrick Roblin, “Class-F GaN Power Amplifier Design Using Model- Based Nonlinear Embedding”, IEEE Applied Electromagnetics Conference (AEMC-2015), 18th -21st December 2015, Guwahati, Assam, India.
- R. Kalyan, K. Rawat, S. K. Koul, “Design of Reconfigurable Concurrent Dual-Band Quarter-Wave Transformer with Application of Power Combiner/Divider”, IEEE International Microwave and RF Conference (IMaRC2014), Pages: 169 - 172, 15th -17th December 2015, Hyderabad, India.
- K. Rawat, Gowrish B, Girish Ajmera, Robin Kalyan, Ananjan Basu, Shiban Koul, and Fadhel Ghannouchi, "Design Strategy for Tri-Band Doherty Power Amplifier" 15th Annual IEEE Wireless and Microwave Technology Conference (WAMICON), Tampa, Florida, USA, June 2014.
- A. Barthwal, G. Ajmera, K. Rawat, A. Basu, S.K. Koul, “Design scheme for dual-band three stage Doherty Power Amplifiers”, IEEE International Microwave and RF Conference (IMaRC), 2014, Pages: 80-83,15th -17th Dec. 2014, Bangalore, Karnataka, India.
- R. Bhattacharya, R. Gupta, A. Basu, K. Rawat, S.-K. Koul, “A Fully integrated CMOS Broad Band Power Amplifier Using a Low-Q Matching Strategy”, Asia Pacific Microwave Conference, APMC 2014 Pages: 747 – 749, 4th -7th Nov. 2014 (accepted and presented), Sendai, Japan.
- Gowrish B., K. Rawat, A. Basu, S. K. Koul, “Broad-band matching network using band-pass filter with device parasitic absorption”, 82nd ARFTG Microwave Measurement Conference, Pages: 1-4, 18th-21st Nov. 2013, Columbus, Ohio, USA, DOI: 10.1109/ARFTG-2.2013.6737361.
- Gowrish, B; A. Bhat, A.B. Kiran, K. Rawat, "Optimal finite bit Pi representation", IEEE 2014 Region 10 Symposium, 14th -16th April 2014, Pages: 387-390, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- K. Rawat, F. M. Ghannouchi, “Load-pull assisted CAD design of inverted Doherty Amplifier without quarter-wave transformer” 25th IEEE Canadian Conference on Electrical and Computer Engineering (CCECE), Montreal, Canada, April 29-May 2, 2012.
- K. Rawat, M. Rawat, M.S. Hashmi, F. Falcone, F. M. Ghannouchi “Dual-Band Phase Offset line with Required Transmission Phases at two Operational frequencies” IEEE MTT-S International Microwave Symposium (IMS) 2012, Montreal, Canada, June 17-22, 2012.
- F. M. Ghannouchi, K. Rawat, “Doherty Power amplifier in software defined radio systems” invited paper in XXX URSI General Assembly and Scientific Symposium (GASS'2011), Pages: 1-4, 13th -20th August 2011, Istanbul, Turkey.
- Shubrajit Bhattacharjee, K. Rawat, Meenakshi Rawat, D. Wang, M. Helaoui, H. Leung, F. Ghannouchi, “Joint Evaluation and Mitigation of RF Impairments and Nonlinear Distortion in WiMAX Transceiver under Nakagami-m Fading Channel”, 24th IEEE Canadian Conference on Electrical and Computer Engineering (CCECE), Pages: 1-4, 8th -11th May, 2011, Niagara Falls, Ontario.
- M. Rawat, K. Rawat, F. Esparza, R. Darraji, V. Torres, Francisco Falcone, Fadhel Ghannouchi, “Directional beam forming for smart antenna with Ray-launching and neural networks”, 2011 IEEE AP-S International Symposium on Antennas and Propagation and 2011 USNC/URSI National Radio Science Meeting, Spokane, Washington, USA, July 3-8, 2011.
- V. Torres, F. Esparza, M. Rawat, K. Rawat, R. Darraji, F. M. Ghannouchi, Francisco Falcone, “Analysis of performance modeling of Wireless Systems in complex Indoor Scenarios”, 2011 IEEE AP-S International Symposium on Antennas and Propagation and 2011 USNC/URSI National Radio Science Meeting, Pages: 1-4, 3rd -8th July, 2011, Spokane, Washington, USA.
- K. Rawat, F.M. Ghannouchi “C-Band microstrip based band-pass filter with design oriented transmission zeros allocation” 24th IEEE Canadian Conference on Electrical and Computer Engineering (CCECE), Niagara Falls, Ontario, May 2011, Pages: 1-4.
- F. E. Alfaro, M. Rawat, R. Darraji, K. Rawat, V. Torres, F. Falcone and F. M. Ghannouchi, "RF Environment Behavior Modeling Based on 3-D Ray-Tracing and Neural Networks to Mitigate Multipath in Indoor Position Estimation," Wireless Innovation Conference, Pages: 1-4, Dec 2010, Washington DC, USA.
- K. Rawat, F.M. Ghannouchi “Design of Reduced Size Power Divider for Lower RF Band using Periodically Loaded Slow Wave Structure” in proceedings of IEEE International Microwave Symposium (IMS), Boston, June 2009, Pages: 613-616.
- K. Rawat, O. Hammi, F.M. Ghannouchi “Investigating Effects of Quadrature Imperfection of Vector Multiplier in Implementing RF/Digital Predistortion” in proceedings of IEEE Wireless and Microwave Conference (WAMICON), Florida, April 2009, Pages: 1-4.
- S. Tiwari, R. Darraji, S.A. Bassam, A. Kwan, K. Rawat, M. Rawat, M. Fattouche, F.M. Ghannouchi, “Practical result of wireless indoor position estimation by using hybrid TDOA/RSS algorithm” 23rd IEEE Canadian Conference on Electrical and Computer Engineering (CCECE), Pages: 1-5, 2-5th May, 2010, Calgary.
- K. Rawat, N. Kumar, Patent application on "Reconfigurable Concurrent Multi-Band Digital Transmitter Using Delta Sigma Modulator and Augmented Noise Shaping" filed at the Indian Patent Office on October, 2018 (File No. 201811038732).
- K. Rawat, N. Kumar, Patent application on "Time Interleaved Digital Transmitter using Multi-Level Digital Quantization" filed at the Indian Patent Office on June, 2018 (File No. 201811021993).