Pyari Mohan Pradhan
Pyari Mohan Pradhan Assistant Professor firstname.lastname@example.org +91-1332-284807
Areas of Interest
- Time-Frequency Transforms, S-transform
- Signal Processing, Optimization
|2014||Continuing||Assistant Professor||IIT Roorkee|
|2013||2014||Research Fellow||Mayo Clinic, Scottsdale, USA|
|2012||2013||Postdoctoral Fellow||Indian Institute of Technology, Bhubaneswar|
|2009||2009||Lecturer||National Institute of Technology, Rourkela|
|2006||2007||Executive Officer||TATA Refractories Limited, Belpahar|
Honors and Awards
|Commonwealth Fellowship by Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade (DFAIT), Canada||UWO, Canada||2009|
|Best paper award in 12th International Conference on Information Technology (ICIT-2009)||IIT Bhubaneswar||2009|
|Ph.D.||Electrical Sciences||Indian Institute of Technology Bhubaneswar||2012|
Sponsored Research Projects
|Development of Integrated Framework for Estimation and Storage of Spectrum Occupancy Information ...||IITR||2015|
|Computer-Aided Sign Language Tool for the Education of Hearing-Impaired Children in India||DST-TIDE (Co-PI)||2017|
|Demonstration of MW scale Solar energy Integration in weak grid using Distributed Energy Storage ...||DST/CERI/MI (Co-PI)||2018|
|Design and development of IoT based smart home automation system||Sikonic Holding co. Ltd, South Korea||2020|
- IEEE, Member
|Title||Course Code||Class Name||Semester|
|Digital Communication Systems||EC-511||P.G.||Autumn|
|Advanced Digital Communication Techniques||ECN-516||U.G. and P.G.||Spring|
|Digital Image Processing||ECN-316||U.G.||Spring|
Research Scholar Groups
|Navneet Nayan||Sign Language Recognition|
|Mallika Garg||Sign Language Recognition|
|Shekhar Pratap Singh||Spatial Modulation|
|Sanjeev Kumar Varun||Machine Learning in Disease Detection|
|Topic||Scholar Name||Status of PHD||Registration Year|
|Development of Signal Processing Techniques for Enhancement of Energy Concentration In TFR of ST||Neha Singh||A||2014|
|Enhanced Soft Computing Techniques for Robust Controller Design||Prashant Jaichand Gaidhane||A||2015|
|Sign Language Recognition||Navneet Nayan||O||2017|
|Sign Language Recognition||Mallika Garg||O||2017|
|Spatial Modulation||Shekhar Pratap Singh||O||2017|
|Machine Learning in Disease Detection||Sanjeev Kumar Varun||O||2019|
Visits to outside institutions
|Institute Visited||Purpose of Visit||Date|
|NIT Uttarakhand||SMDP-C2S Program||25/04/2015|
Special Lectures Delivered
|Time-Frequency Transforms||NIT Jaipur||30/03/2018|
|Cognitive Radio: A Brief Overview and Research Challenges||UIET, Kurukshetra University||17/09/2016|
|Particle Swarm Optimization, Multi-objective Evolutionary Algorithms and their Applications||NIT Jaipur||06/10/2017|
|Wiener Filter, S-transform||NIT Jaipur||26/02/2016|
|Multi-objective evolutionary algorithms and their applications||NIT Jaipur||04/04/2015|
 G. Panda, P. M. Pradhan, and B. Majhi, "Direct and inverse modeling of plants using cat swarm optimization", Handbook on Swarm Intelligence - Adaptation, Learning, and Optimization, Springer, 8(4):469-485, 2010.
Refereed Journal Papers
- Rupender Singh, Meenakshi Rawat, and P. M. Pradhan, "Effective capacity of wireless networks over double shadowed Rician fading channels", Wireless Networks, Springer, 26: 1347-1355, 2020.
- Neha Singh and P. M. Pradhan, "S-transform based on optimally concentrated time-limited and band-limited windows", Journal of Pseudo-Differential Operators and Applications, Springer, 11: 565-592, 2020.
- Neha Singh and P. M. Pradhan, \Achievable simultaneous time and frequency domain energy concentration for finite length sequences", IET Signal Processing, 13(8): 736-746, October 2019.
- Neha Singh and P. M. Pradhan, “Sharp detection of events onset in seismic signals with asymmetrical Kaiser window based S-transform”, IEEE Geoscience and Remote Sensing Letters, 16(10): 1620-1624, October 2019.
- P. M. Pradhan and G. Panda, "S-transform based integrated approach for spectrum estimation, storage, and sensing in cognitive radio", Digital Communications and Networks, Elsevier, 5(3):160-169, August 2019
- P. M. Pradhan, C. H. Cheng, and J. R. Mitchell, “A region of interest based approach for texture analysis of medical images in space-frequency domain”, Biomedical Signal Processing and Control, Elsevier, 51:222–234, May 2019.
- Neha Singh and P. M. Pradhan, “Efficient discrete S-transform based on optimally concentrated window”, IEEE Signal Processing Letters, 26(1):14– 18, January 2019.
- Prashant J.Gaidhane, Madhav J. Nigam, Anupam Kumar, and P. M. Pradhan, “Design of interval type-2 fuzzy precompensated PID controller applied to two-DOF robotic manipulator with variable payload”, ISA Transactions, Elsevier, Accepted (In Press), December 2018.
- P. M. Pradhan and G. Panda, “S-transform based integrated approach for spectrum estimation, storage, and sensing in cognitive radio”, Digital Communications and Networks, Elsevier, In Press, September 2018.
- P. M. Pradhan and G. Panda, "Information Combining Schemes for Cooperative Spectrum Sensing: A Survey and Comparative Performance Analysis", Wireless Personal Communications, Springer, 94(3):685–711, June 2017.
- C. H. Hing, P. M. Pradhan, and J. R. Mitchell, "Texture analysis of images using a two-dimensional fast time-frequency transform", Journal of Medical Imaging, SPIE, 2(2), 024504, May 2015.
- C. H. Hing, P. M. Pradhan, and J. R. Mitchell, "Incorporating approximate rotational invariance into the two-dimensional S-transform", IET Image Processing, 9(7):535-544, July 2015.
- P. M. Pradhan and G. Panda, "Comparative performance analysis of evolutionary algorithm based parameter optimization in cognitive radio engine: A survey", Ad Hoc Networks, Elsevier, 17:129-146, June 2014.
- C. H. Hing, P. M. Pradhan, and J. R. Mitchell, "Approach for fast time-frequency analysis", IET Signal Processing, 8(4): 360-372, June 2014.
- P. M. Pradhan and G. Panda, "Cooperative spectrum sensing in cognitive radio network using multiobjective evolutionary algorithms and fuzzy decision making", Ad Hoc Networks, Elsevier, 11(3):1022-1036, May 2013.
- S. J. Nanda, P. M. Pradhan, G. Panda, L. Mansinha, and K. F. Tiampo, "A correlation based stochastic partitional algorithm for accurate cluster analysis", International Journal of Signal and Imaging Systems Engineering, 6(1):52-58, 2013.
- P. M. Pradhan and G. Panda, "Pareto optimization of cognitive radio parameters using multiobjective evolutionary algorithms and fuzzy decision making", Swarm and Evolutionary Computation, Elsevier, 7:7-12, December 2012.
- P. M. Pradhan and G. Panda, "Connectivity constrained wireless sensor deployment using multiobjective evolutionary algorithms and fuzzy decision making", Ad Hoc Networks, Elsevier, 10(6):1134-1145, August 2012.
- T. Panigrahi, P. M. Pradhan, G. Panda, and B. Mulgrew, "Block least-mean square algorithm over distributed wireless sensor network", Journal of Computer Networks and Communications, Hindawi, 601287, 1-13, 2012.
- P. M. Pradhan and G. Panda, "Solving multiobjective problems using cat swarm optimization", Expert Systems with Applications, Elsevier, 39(3):2956-2964, 2012.
- G. Panda, P. M. Pradhan, and B. Majhi, "IIR system identification using cat swarm optimization", Expert Systems with Applications, Elsevier, 38(10):12671-12683, 2011.