Pyari Mohan Pradhan
Pyari Mohan Pradhan Assistant Professor pmpradhan.fec[at]iitr.ac.in +91-1332-284807
Areas of Interest
- Wireless Communication, Cognitive Radio
- Time-Frequency Representation, Time-Frequency Transforms
- Wireless Sensor Network, Distributed Data Estimation
|2014||Continuing||Assistant Professor||IIT Roorkee|
|2013||2014||Research Fellow||Mayo Clinic, Scottsdale, USA|
|2012||2013||Postdoctoral Fellow||Indian Institute of Technology, Bhubaneswar|
|2009||2009||Lecturer||National Institute of Technology, Rourkela|
|2006||2007||Executive Officer||TATA Refractories Limited, Belpahar|
Honors and Awards
|Commonwealth Fellowship||Department of Foreign Aairs and International Trade (DFAIT), Canada||2009|
|Best paper award||12th International Conference on Information Technology (ICIT-2009)||2009|
|Ph.D.||Electrical Sciences||Indian Institute of Technology Bhubaneswar||2012|
Sponsored Research Projects
|Computer-Aided Sign Language Tool for the Education of Hearing-Impaired Children in India||DST-TIDE||2017|
|Development of Integrated Framework for Estimation and Storage of Spectrum Occupancy Information, an||IITR||2015|
- IEEE, Member
|Title||Course Code||Class Name||Semester|
|Digital Communication Systems||EC-511||P.G.||Autumn|
|Advanced Digital Communication Techniques||ECN-516||U.G. and P.G.||Spring|
|Digital Image Processing||ECN-316||U.G.||Spring|
Research Scholar Groups
|Neha Singh||Time-Frequency Transforms|
|Topic||Scholar Name||Status of PHD||Registration Year|
|Development of Time-Frequency Transforms||Neha Singh||O||2014|
Visits to outside institutions
|Institute Visited||Purpose of Visit||Date|
|NIT Uttarakhand||SMDP-C2S Program||25/04/2015|
Special Lectures Delivered
|Particle Swarm Optimization, Multi-objective Evolutionary Algorithms and their Applications||NIT Jaipur||06/10/2017|
|Cognitive Radio: A Brief Overview and Research Challenges||UIET, Kurukshetra University||17/09/2016|
|Wiener Filter, S-transform||NIT Jaipur||26/02/2016|
|Multi-objective evolutionary algorithms and their applications||NIT Jaipur||04/04/2015|
 G. Panda, P. M. Pradhan, and B. Majhi, "Direct and inverse modeling of plants using cat swarm optimization", Handbook on Swarm Intelligence - Adaptation, Learning, and Optimization, Springer, 8(4):469-485, 2010.
Refereed Journal Papers
- P. M. Pradhan and G. Panda, "Information Combining Schemes for Cooperative Spectrum Sensing: A Survey and Comparative Performance Analysis", Wireless Personal Communications, Springer, 94(3):685–711, June 2017.
- C. H. Hing, P. M. Pradhan, and J. R. Mitchell, "Texture analysis of images using a two-dimensional fast time-frequency transform", Journal of Medical Imaging, SPIE, 2(2), 024504, May 2015.
- C. H. Hing, P. M. Pradhan, and J. R. Mitchell, "Incorporating approximate rotational invariance into the two-dimensional S-transform", IET Image Processing, 9(7):535-544, July 2015.
- P. M. Pradhan and G. Panda, "Comparative performance analysis of evolutionary algorithm based parameter optimization in cognitive radio engine: A survey", Ad Hoc Networks, Elsevier, 17:129-146, June 2014.
- C. H. Hing, P. M. Pradhan, and J. R. Mitchell, "Approach for fast time-frequency analysis", IET Signal Processing, 8(4): 360-372, June 2014.
- P. M. Pradhan and G. Panda, "Cooperative spectrum sensing in cognitive radio network using multiobjective evolutionary algorithms and fuzzy decision making", Ad Hoc Networks, Elsevier, 11(3):1022-1036, May 2013.
- S. J. Nanda, P. M. Pradhan, G. Panda, L. Mansinha, and K. F. Tiampo, "A correlation based stochastic partitional algorithm for accurate cluster analysis", International Journal of Signal and Imaging Systems Engineering, 6(1):52-58, 2013.
- P. M. Pradhan and G. Panda, "Pareto optimization of cognitive radio parameters using multiobjective evolutionary algorithms and fuzzy decision making", Swarm and Evolutionary Computation, Elsevier, 7:7-12, December 2012.
- P. M. Pradhan and G. Panda, "Connectivity constrained wireless sensor deployment using multiobjective evolutionary algorithms and fuzzy decision making", Ad Hoc Networks, Elsevier, 10(6):1134-1145, August 2012.
- T. Panigrahi, P. M. Pradhan, G. Panda, and B. Mulgrew, "Block least-mean square algorithm over distributed wireless sensor network", Journal of Computer Networks and Communications, Hindawi, 601287, 1-13, 2012.
- P. M. Pradhan and G. Panda, "Solving multiobjective problems using cat swarm optimization", Expert Systems with Applications, Elsevier, 39(3):2956-2964, 2012.
- G. Panda, P. M. Pradhan, and B. Majhi, "IIR system identification using cat swarm optimization", Expert Systems with Applications, Elsevier, 38(10):12671-12683, 2011.