- Nanoscale Devices and Circuits:, Nanowire MOSFET Modeling and Circuit Design
- Novel Memories:, FeFET for NVM and AI Applications
- MEMs:, Cantilever based MEMs and Applications
- 3D NAND:, Performance Enhancement of NAND Memories
- Nano Scale DRAM:, Novel Techniques for Improving Refresh and Reliability
- Reliability:, CMOS Reliability- BTI, TDDB
- Sensors:, CNT Based Sensors, Novel ISFET Devices for Soil Sensing
- Nanofabrication:, Nanoscale CMOS Process and VLSI Technologies
|2014||To date||Associate Professor||IIT Roorkee|
|2008||2014||Assistant Professor||IIT Roorkee|
|2007||2008||Senior Research Engineer||Institute of Microelectronics, Singapore|
|2003||2007||Member Technical Staff||Micron Technology, Singapore/USA|
|2002||2003||Research Fellow||De Montfort University, Leicester, UK|
|Ph. D.||Electronics and Electrical Engineering||De Montfort University, Leicester, UK||2003|
|M. Tech.||Solid State Technology||IIT Madras||1996|
|FeFET TCAD for Interface Engineering||Applied Materials, USA||2019|
|Non-filamentary three-Terminal Memristor Architecture for Bio-mimetic and Logic Design||MHRD (SPARC)||2019|
|TCAD for DRAM and 3D NAND||Applied Materials, USA||2018|
|DIC PhD Fellowship||DIC||2018|
|Implementation of TIDE Scheme for Entrepreneurship Development||MeitY||2015|
|Scheme of Financial Assistance for Setting up of Electronics and ICT Academies, DeitY||MeitY||2016|
|Establishment of Technology Business Incubator at IIT Roorkee||DST||2017|
|Investigation of Silicon Nanowire FET Reliability and its Modeling||DST||2012|
|FIST (Profilometer and PECVD systems for Microelectronics Lab)||DST||2016|
|Development of Microfluidics Based Device to Detect CTCs||SMILE||2017|
|Design and Development of Carbon Nanotubes Based Chemical Sensor||DRDO||2011|
|Si Nanowire CMOS for Ultra High Density Circuits||FIG||2009|
- IEEE Electron Device Society, Member
- IEEE Solid State Circuits Society, Member
|Title||Course Code||Class Name||Semester|
|Fundamentals of Microelectronics||EC 344||UG||Spring|
|Analog Circuits||EC 205||UG||Autumn|
|Analog Electronics||EC 205||UG||Autumn|
|Fundamentals of Electronics||EC 102||UG||Autumn|
|MOS Device Physics||EC 571||PG||Autumn|
|VLSI Technology||EC 555||PG||Spring|
|Nanoscale Transistors||EC 587||PG||Spring|
|Digital Circuits||EC 203||UG||Autumn|
|Compound Semiconductor Devices||EC 559||PG||Spring|
|Technology of Nanostructured Fabrication||NT 511||PG||Autumn|
|Topic||Scholar Name||Status of PHD||Registration Year|
|Analysis of Si-nanowire GAA MOSFET and its Implementation in Logic Design||Gaurav Kaushal||A||2008|
|Performance Models for Nanoscale VLSI Circuits||Baljit Kaur||A||2009|
|Vertical Nanowire Based CMOS Circuit Design||Maheshwaram Satish||A||2010|
|Carbon Nanotube Interconnects for VLSI||Manoj Kumar Majumder||A||2010|
|Concurrent Multi-band Oscillators for Multifunctional Wireless Systems||L Snehalatha||A||2011|
|Silicon Nanowire Based Circuit Design and NBTI Reliability||Om Prakash||O||2013|
|Fabrication and Characterization of Vibrational Energy Harvesters||Sandeep Singh Chauhan||O||2013|
|Carbon Nanotube Devices for Sensor Applications||Narendra Kumar||O||2014|
|Charge Trap Based SONOS/MONOS Devices for 3D NAND Flash Memory Applications||Upendra Mohan Bhatt||O||2014|
|Design, Analysis and Optimization of DRAM Transistor||Satendra Kumar Guatam||O||2015|
|Reliability of Gallium-Nitride Based High Electron Mobility Transistors and Circuits||Sourabh Jindal||O||2015|
|Nanomaterials Based Biosensors for detection of pathogens and Small Molecules||Pardeep Kumar||O||2015|
1. S. K. Gautam, A. Kumar, and S. K. Manhas, "Improvement of Row Hammering Using Metal Nanoparticles in DRAM—A Simulation Study," IEEE Electron Device Letters, vol. 39, pp. 1286-1289, 2018.
2. S. S. Chauhan, M. Joglekar, and S. K. Manhas, "Influence of Process Parameters and Formation of Highly c-Axis Oriented AlN Thin Films on Mo by Reactive Sputtering," Journal of Electronic Materials, vol. 47, pp. 7520-7530, 2018.
3. S. S. Chauhan, M. Joglekar, and S. K. Manhas, "Fabrication of Cantilever MEMs structure of C-axis Grown AlN film for Energy Harvester Application," Power, vol. 300, p. 200, 2018.
4. U. M. Bhatt, A. Kumar, and S. K. Manhas, "Performance Enhancement by Optimization of Poly Grain Size and Channel Thickness in a Vertical Channel 3-D NAND Flash Memory," IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices, vol. 65, pp. 1781-1786, 2018.
5. O. Prakash, S. Maheshwaram, M. Sharma, A. Bulusu, and S. K. Manhas, "Performance and Variability Analysis of SiNW 6T-SRAM Cell Using Compact Model With Parasitics," IEEE Transactions on Nanotechnology, vol. 16, pp. 965-973, 2017.
6. O. Prakash, S. Beniwal, S. Maheshwaram, A. Bulusu, N. Singh, and S. Manhas, "Compact NBTI Reliability Modeling in Si Nanowire MOSFETs and Effect in Circuits," IEEE Transactions on Device Materials Reliability, vol. 17, pp. 404-413, 2017.
7. A. Pandey, H. Kumar, S. Manhas, S. Dasgupta, and B. Anand, "Atypical Voltage Transitions in FinFET Multistage Circuits: Origin and Significance," IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices, vol. 63, pp. 1392-1396, 2016.
8. A. Joshi, S. Manhas, S. K. Sharma, and S. Dasgupta, "An 8 bit, 100 kS/s, switch-capacitor DAC SAR ADC for RFID applications," Microelectronics Journal, vol. 46, pp. 453-461, 2015.
9. R. Shankar, G. Kaushal, S. Maheshwaram, S. Dasgupta, and S. Manhas, "A degradation model of double gate and gate-all-around MOSFETs with interface trapped charges including effects of channel mobile charge carriers," J IEEE transactions on Device Materials Reliability, vol. 14, pp. 689-697, 2014.
10. A. Pandey, S. Raycha, S. Maheshwaram, S. K. Manhas, S. Dasgupta, A. K. Saxena, and B. Anand, "Effect of load capacitance and input transition time on FinFET inverter capacitances," J IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices, vol. 61, pp. 30-36, 2014.
11. M. K. Majumder, B. K. Kaushik, and S. K. Manhas, "Analysis of delay and dynamic crosstalk in bundled carbon nanotube interconnects," IEEE Transactions on Electromagnetic Compatibility, vol. 56, pp. 1666-1673, 2014.
12. A. Kumar, V. Kumar, S. Agarwal, A. Basak, N. Jain, A. Bulusu, and S. Manhas, "Nitrogen-terminated semiconducting zigzag GNR FET with negative differential resistance," IEEE Transactions on Nanotechnology, vol. 13, pp. 16-22, 2014.
13. G. Kaushal, S. Manhas, S. Maheshwaram, B. Anand, S. Dasgupta, and N. Singh, "Novel Design Methodology Using Lext Sizing in Nanowire CMOS Logic," IEEE Transactions on Nanotechnology, vol. 13, pp. 650-658, 2014.
14. B. Kaur, N. Alam, S. Manhas, and B. Anand, "Efficient ECSM Characterization Considering Voltage, Temperature, and Mechanical Stress Variability," IEEE Trans. on Circuits Systems, vol. 61, pp. 3407-3415, 2014.
15. N. Jain, S. Manhas, A. Aggarwal, and P. Chaudhry, "Effect of metal contact on CNT based sensing of NO2 molecules," in Physics of Semiconductor Devices, ed: Springer, Cham, 2014, pp. 637-639.
16. S. Maheshwaram, S. Manhas, G. Kaushal, B. Anand, and N. Singh, "Vertical nanowire CMOS parasitic modeling and its performance analysis," IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices, vol. 60, pp. 2943-2950, 2013.
17. M. K. Majumder, N. D. Pandya, B. Kaushik, and S. Manhas, "Analysis of MWCNT and bundled SWCNT interconnects: Impact on crosstalk and area," IEEE Electron Device Letters, vol. 33, pp. 1180-1182, 2012.
18. S. Maheshwaram, S. Manhas, G. Kaushal, B. Anand, and N. Singh, "Device circuit co-design issues in vertical nanowire CMOS platform," IEEE Electron Device Letters, vol. 33, pp. 934-936, 2012.
19. G. Kaushal, S. Manhas, S. Maheshwaram, S. Dasgupta, B. Anand, and N. Singh, "Tuning source/drain extension profile for current matching in nanowire CMOS logic," IEEE Transactions on Nanotechnology, vol. 11, pp. 1033-1039, 2012.
20. S. Manhas, N. Singh, and G. Lo, "Barrier layer thickness analysis for reliable copper plug process in CMOS technology," J Microelectronics Reliability, vol. 51, pp. 1365-1371, 2011.
21. S. Maheshwaram, S. Manhas, G. Kaushal, B. Anand, and N. Singh, "Vertical silicon nanowire gate-all-around field effect transistor based nanoscale CMOS," IEEE Electron Device Letters, vol. 32, pp. 1011-1013, 2011.
22. N. Singh, K. D. Buddharaju, S. Manhas, A. Agarwal, S. C. Rustagi, G. Lo, N. Balasubramanian, and D.-L. Kwong, "Si, SiGe nanowire devices by top–down technology and their applications," IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices, vol. 55, pp. 3107-3118, 2008.
23. M. M. De Souza, S. Manhas, D. C. Sekhar, A. Oates, and P. Chaparala, "Influence of mobility model on extraction of stress dependent source–drain series resistance," Microelectronics Reliability, vol. 44, pp. 25-32, 2004.
24. G. Cao, S. Manhas, E. S. Narayanan, M. De Souza, and D. Hinchley, "Comparative study of drift region designs in RF LDMOSFETs," IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices, vol. 51, pp. 1296-1303, 2004.
25. S. Manhas, D. C. Sehkar, A. Oates, and M. M. De Souza, "Characterisation of series resistance degradation through charge pumping technique," Microelectronics Reliability, vol. 43, pp. 617-624, 2003.
26. S. Manhas, M. M. De Souza, and A. S. Oates, "Quantifying the nature of hot carrier degradation in the spacer region of LDD nMOSFETs," IEEE transactions on device materials reliability, vol. 1, pp. 134-143, 2001.
27. M. M. De Souza, J. Wang, S. Manhas, E. S. Narayanan, and A. Oates, "A comparison of early stage hot carrier degradation behaviour in 5 and 3 V sub-micron low doped drain metal oxide semiconductor field effect transistors," Microelectronics Reliability, vol. 41, pp. 169-177, 2001.
28. S. Manhas, D. C. Sekhar, A. Oates, and M. De Souza, "Nature of hot carrier damage in spacer oxide of LDD n-MOSFETs," in Microelectronics, 2002. MIEL 2002. 23rd International Conference on, 2002, pp. 735-739.
29. S. Manhas, M. De Souza, A. Oates, and Y. Chen, "Impact of oxide degradation on universal mobility behaviour of n-MOS inversion layers," in Physical and Failure Analysis of Integrated Circuits, 2002. IPFA 2002. Proceedings of the 9th International Symposium on the, 2002, pp. 227-231.
30. S. Manhas, M. De Souza, A. Gates, S. Chetlur, and E. S. Narayanan, "Early stage hot carrier degradation of state-of-the-art LDD N-MOSFETs," in Reliability Physics Symposium, 2000. Proceedings. 38th Annual 2000 IEEE International, 2000, pp. 108-111.
31. S. Maheshwaram, O. Prakash, M. Sharma, A. Bulusu, and S. Manhas, "Vertical Nanowire FET Based Standard Cell Design Employing Verilog-A Compact Model for Higher Performance," in International Symposium on VLSI Design and Test, 2017, pp. 239-248.
32. O. Prakash, S. Maheshwaram, M. Sharma, A. Bulusu, A. Saxena, and S. Manhas, "A unified Verilog-A compact model for lateral Si nanowire (NW) FET incorporating parasitics for circuit simulation," in 2016 20th International Symposium on VLSI Design and Test (VDAT), 2016, pp. 1-6.
33. S. Gautam, S. Maheshwaram, S. Manhas, A. Kumar, S. Sherman, and S. H. Jo, "Reduction of GIDL Using Dual Work-Function Metal Gate in DRAM," in Memory Workshop (IMW), 2016 IEEE 8th International, 2016, pp. 1-4.
34. M. Sharma, S. Maheshwaram, O. Prakash, A. Bulusu, A. Saxena, and S. Manhas, "Compact model for vertical silicon nanowire based device simulation and circuit design," in SoC Design Conference (ISOCC), 2015 International, 2015, pp. 107-108.
35. S. Maheshwaram, S. Manhas, and B. Anand, "Vertical nanowire transistor-based CMOS: VTC analysis," in Emerging Electronics (ICEE), 2014 IEEE 2nd International Conference on, 2014, pp. 1-4.
36. S. Maheshwaram, S. Manhas, G. Kaushal, and B. Anand, "Vertical nanowire MOSFET parasitic resistance modeling," in Electron Devices and Solid-State Circuits (EDSSC), 2013 IEEE International Conference of, 2013, pp. 1-2.
37. G. Kaushal, S. Maheshwaram, S. Dasgupta, and S. Manhas, "Drive matching issues in multi gate CMOS inverter," in Signal Processing and Communication (ICSC), 2013 International Conference on, 2013, pp. 349-354.
38. H. Zhao, S. Rustagi, N. Singh, F.-J. Ma, G. Samudra, K. Budhaaraju, S. Manhas, C. Tung, G. Lo, and G. Baccarani, "Sub-femto-farad capacitance-voltage characteristics of single channel gate-all-around nano wire transistors for electrical characterization of carrier transport," in Electron Devices Meeting, 2008. IEDM 2008. IEEE International, 2008, pp. 1-4.
39. S. K. Manhas, M Chen, K D Buddharaju, H Y Li, R Murthy, S Balakumar, N singh, G Q Lo and D L Kwong, “Copper Plug Barrier Process Optimization for Reliable Transistor Performance,” International Symp on Solid State Circuits and Materials (SSDM 2008), 23 - 26 Sep, p. 390, 2008, Japan
40. A. Basak, S. Manhas, G. Kapil, S. Dasgupta, and N. Jain, "A Simulation Study of the Effect of Platinum Contact on CNT Based Gas Sensors Using Self-Consistent Field with NEGF Method," in Int. Conf. on Semiconductor Processes and Devices (SISPAD), USA, 2012.
41. S. Maheshwaram, G. Kaushal, and S. Manhas, "A high performance vertical Si nanowire CMOS for ultra high density circuits," in Circuits and Systems (APCCAS), 2010 IEEE Asia Pacific Conference on, 2010, pp. 1219-1222.
1. S K Manhas, S Nema, Dr A Bulusu, “A method of fabricating dual/asymmetric dielectric constant (dual-K) spacers in MOSFET,” No R20161028626, 2012 (filed), IIT Roorkee.
2. S. K. Manhas, G. Kaushal, Anand Bulusu, “A Design Methodology using Extension Length (LEXT) Sizing in Nanowire CMOS Logic,” approved for filing by IP cell IIT Roorkee.
3. Arvind KUMAR, Mahendra PAKALA, and Satendra Kumar GAUTAM, Sanjeev MANHAS, “DRAM AND METHOD OF MAKING,” No. 44015725US01, 2018 (Filed).
4. Sandeep Chauhan, S K Manhas, Manish Joglekar, “CMOS Compatible Micro-machined Piezoelectric Energy Harvester.” Appl no 201911020224, 2019 (Filed).