- NIRF rankings - Department of Management Studies IIT Roorkee in top 10 among all B-Schools in India Posted On: 30 May, 2017
- 68th Republic Day celebrations at IIT Roorkee. Posted On: 27 Jan, 2017
- DoMS, IIT Roorkee ranked 9th in the Careers 360's top public MBA colleges ranking 2016 Posted On: 26 Oct, 2016
- Reminiscence'16 - Alumni meet on 29 Sep'16. Reminiscence where three batches (first year, second year and recently passed out) of the department come together Posted On: 28 Sep, 2016
MBA Admissions 2017-19
DoMS IIT Roorkee in Media
- Read Richa Gupta's (2018 batch) story from Samsung to DoMS IIT RoorkeeNew
- NDTV - Department of Management Studies IIT Roorkee in top 10 among all B-Schools in India
- Read what Anandita Ghosh (2018 batch) feels about her experience at IIT Roorkee
Accolades to DoMS IIT Roorkee
- Executive Placement 2017 ReportNew
- Summer Placement 2017 ReportNew
- Executive Placement 2016 Report
- Executive Placement 2015 Report
- Placement Brochure 2015-2017
- Latest issue of Domination
About the Department
The department was established by the Institute to reflect the needs of present-day dynamic business and economic scenario and to enable its students to face the challenges of corporate world. It takes the onus to prepare a breed of managers who have the courage, skills and resilience to excel in the corporate world.
The department offers two-year full-time residential MBA programme. The programme is designed to mould future managers – the business architects who would contribute to the corporate world through their impeccable service and leadership. It follows semester system. The first year consists of core courses. The second year consists of a few core courses and several elective courses. A summer project is scheduled at the end of the first year. The programme offers dual specialization in the second year.
In its quest to promote excellence in management, the department also offers autonomous doctoral programme. The degree of Ph. D. is granted on completion of the programme. The primary objective of the programme is to prepare young men and women for challenging opportunities in teaching, research, and consulting. The programme is designed to impart knowledge, develop skills, and create attitudes relevant to teaching, research and consulting. The programme requires coursework in general management as well as in the area of specialization, followed by a doctoral level dissertation.