Sujata Kar Assistant Professor s.karfdm[at]iitr.ac.in
Areas of Interest
- Economics, Macro, monetary and financial economics
|PhD||Economics||Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur|
|M.A.||Economics||Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi|
|B.Sc.||Economics (Hons.)||University of Calcutta|
Indian WPI Inflation: Modelling The Headline and The Core – Lambert Academic Publishing: Germany, 2012.
Refereed Journal Papers
- Bawre, Snehal, and Kar, S. Social Media and Financial Literacy: A Study on Indian Financial Institutions. Accepted in International Journal of Economics and Business Research.
- Bawre, Snehal and Kar, S. 2019. An Investigation of the Demographic Factors affecting Financial Literacy and its Components among Urban Indians. International Journal of Economic Education and Development. Vol. 10 (4), 398 – 426.
- Hafeez, A. & Kar, S. (December 31, 2018). Looking beyond the Financial Numbers: Relationship between Macroeconomic Indicators and the Likelihood of Financial Distress. Global Business Review. Available at https://doi.org/10.1177/0972150918811716
- Kar, Sujata, and Khandelwal, P. 2017. “Cross Hedging ATF Price Exposures in India” – accepted IIMB Management Review.
- Hafeez, Ammar and Sujata Kar, 2017. A VAR Approach to Estimate Financial Conditions Index for India. Journal of Management and Entrepreneurship, Vol. 12, No. 13, pp. 53 – 75.
- Kar, Sujata, 2013. “Exploring the Causal Link between FDI and Human Capital Development in India” – Decision(Springer) Vol. 40, No. 1, pp. 3 – 13.
- Mishra, Anindya J., and Sujata Kar, 2013. “Broader Social Implication of the Strategies of Business Corporations” – International Journal of Indian Culture and Business Management, (Inderscience) Vol. 7, No. 2, pp. 213 – 225.
- Kar, Sujata, 2010. “A Periodic Autoregressive Model of Indian WPI Inflation” – Margin-The Journal of Applied Economic Research, (Sage) Vol. 4, No. 3, pp. 279 – 292.
- Kar, Sujata, 2010. “UCM: A Measure of Core Inflation” – International Journal of Monetary Economics and Finance, (Inderscience) Vol. 3, No. 3, pp. 248 – 269.
- Kar, Sujata, and Surajit Sinha, 2009. “Determinants of Indian WPI Inflation” – Indian Economic Journal, (Indian Economic Association) Vol. 57, No. 3, pp. 72 – 92.
- Kar, Sujata, 2009. “Statistical Tools as Measures of Core Inflation for India” – Indian Economic Review, (Delhi School of Economics) Vol. XXXXIV, No. 2, pp. 225 - 245.
- Kar, Sujata, and Anindya J. Mishra, 2008. “Contributions and Growth Prospects of MSMEs in Indian Context” – Bhavishya Journal of Future Business School, Vol. 2, no. 2, pp.71 – 80.
- Rao, T. V. S. R., and Sujata Kar, 2003. "An Approach to Sustainable Development" – The Indian Journal of Economics, (University of Allahabad) Vol. LXXXIV, no. 333, part-2, pp.333 – 342 .