- Marketing Management, Marketing Research Methods & Data analysis
- Behavioural Studies, B2B marketing, Tourism & Transportation, Retail
|2012||Continuing||Assistant Professor||IIT Roorkee|
|Expert Member of Standing Comittee on Research Methodology||Ministry of Home Affairs, Govt. of India||2017|
|Reviewer for the Executive Government agency, Poland.||National Science Centre||2017|
|Member Board of Studies||A.P.J Abdul Kalam Technical University||2018|
|Advisory Board Member||SRKay Consulting||2018|
|M.B.A||Marketing||Bharti Vidyapeeth's IMED, Pune University.||2001|
|2019||-||Professor in Charge-Training & Placement||DOMS-IIT Roorkee|
|2016||Cont.||Member Institute Research Committee||IITR|
|2017||cont.||Department Administrative Committee||DOMS|
|Study on the handicraft industries: Empowering the artisans||ICSSR||2018|
|Marketing Practices in Handicraft sector in Uttarakhand||IIT||2013|
|Intl. Conference||IIM-A||IIT Roorkee||Jan 2015|
|MARCON||IIM C||IIT Roorkee||Dec 2014|
|Listening to Consumers of Emerging Markets||IIM-L||IIT Roorkee||2014|
- American Marketing Association, Member
- System Dynamics Society, Member
- Indian Economic Association, Life time member
- Eastern Asian society of transportation studies, Member
|Title||Course Code||Class Name||Semester|
|Marketing Research||IBM-306||B tech||Spring|
|Title of Project||Names of Students|
|OPTIMIZATION OF TRANSPORTATION SYSTEM FOR SAFETY OF WOMEN||DANISH BENAZEER|
|Vikas Kumar, Shivam Rai, Pramod Sharma, Jyoti Mandhani||Tourism & hospitality|
|Rashmi Singh, Jitendra Kumar, Preety Narwal||Consumer buying behaviour|
|Deepak Sangroya||Industrial marketing|
|Topic||Scholar Name||Status of PHD||Registration Year|
|Examining the Role of Destination Personality in Predicting Tourist Behaviour||Vikas Kumar||A||2013|
|Compulsive Buying behavior & Post purchase Regret: Familial & Non- Familial Stressors||Rashmi Singh||A||2013|
|Renewable Energy Marketing: Special reference to wind energy||Deepak Sangroya||A||2013|
|Developing experiential & emotional consumer relationships||Shivam Rai||O||2015|
|Examining Tourists’ Emotions And Its Impact on Tourists’ Behaviour||Pramod Sharma||O||2015|
|Achieving Customer Brand Engagement through Brand Communities||Jitender Kumar||O||2015|
|Experimental Analysis of Participatory Pricing with Reference to Pay-What-You-Want Pricing||Preety Narwal||O||2016|
|Travel Behaviour & Travel demand management(CTRANS)||Jyoti Mandhani||O||2018|
|Institute Visited||Purpose of Visit||Date|
|Eastern Asia Society for Transportation Studies(Vietnam)||Paper Presentation||18-21/9/17|
|Bilgi Univ-Istanbul||Paper Presentation||June, 2014|
|Digital Revolution: Strategies and Challenges: Key Note Speaker||RBMI||I||2019|
|Data Analysis for Advanced Research||IIM Sirmaur||I||2018|
|Data Analysis Techniques||Symbiosis Institute of Management Studies||I||Dec 2016|
|Research Methodology(4 days)||Chitkara University||I||2015|
|Marketing Strategy||Everest Industries||I||2017|
|One Day workshop on Teaching through Case Methods||HMRITM, Delhi,||I||2015|
|Conference Name||Sponsored By||Date|
|9-Short term courses on 'Data analysis for Research & Publication'||Self-Sponsored by Participants||2013-2018|
|One week conference on "Multivariate Data Analysis"||AICTE||28-05-2018|
|Advances in Management||QIP||July-2014|
|Union Budget 2017||IIT Roorkee||9-02-2017|
|Research Methodology in Economics and Allied Studies||Dept of HSS-IITR||12-01-2016|
|Art and Craft Traditions- Dharohar||Dept of Architecture-IIT Roorkee||17-08-2015|
|Case Based Teaching||QIP-IITR||15-07-2015|
|Modelling with transportation data||Civil Engg dept. IIT Roorkee||08-07-2015|
|Promoting the Culture of Young Investors in the Country||IITR||08/10/2014|
|Customer Focus||BHEL, Haridwar||09-12-2013|
|Consumer engagement for Power Distribution Companies||IIT ROORKEE||07-09-13|
|Innovations in Marketing||IITR||14/10/2013|
Textbook on "Retail Management" by Cengage Publications (2016)
is designed to serve as a textbook for a course in retail marketing. The aim of the book is to present retailing practices in India covering all aspects of undergraduate and postgraduate curricula of commerce and management. The book will also be of substantial benefit to doctoral students. The book covers topics related to complete the retailing process in India including the new dimensions of retailing such as online retailing. The book also provides a wide range of real-life examples and illustrations.
- Sharma, P., & Nayak, J. K. (2019). Examining experience quality as the determinant of tourist behavior in niche tourism: An analytical approach (Accepted, Journal of Heritage Tourism, Taylor and Francis, ABDC-B, ESCI)
- Sharma, P., & Nayak, J. K. (2019). Understanding memorable tourism experiences as the determinants of tourists’ (Accepted, International Journal of Tourism Research, John Wiley & Sons, ABDC-A, Impact factor-2.5, Q1: Tourism Journals, SSCI).
- Rai, S, & Nayak, J. K. (2019). The Essence and Measurement of Trade Show Event Experiences (Accepted, Event Management, Cognizant Communication, ABDC-A)
- Kumar, J., & Nayak, J. K. (2019). Exploring destination psychological ownership among tourists: Antecedents and outcomes, 30, 30-39 (Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Management, Elsevier, Q1: Tourism Journals, SSCI, ABDC-B)
- Sharma, P., & Nayak, J. K. (2019). The Role of Destination Image as a Mediator between Tourists’ Emotional Experiences and Behavioral Intentions: A Study of Wellness Tourism (Accepted, Journal of Destination Marketing & Management, Elsevier, SSCI, Impact Factor-3.67)
- Narwal, P., & Nayak, J.K. (2019). How Consumers Respond to Social Norms: An Evidence from Pay-What-You-Want (PWYWPricing (Accepted for publication in Journal of Consumer Marketing) (Q2: Marketing Journals, ABDC-B, ESCI)
Rai, S, & Nayak, J. K. (2019). Hospitality Branding in Emerging Economies: An Indian Perspective (Journal of Tourism Futures, ABDC-C)
- Kumar, J., & Nayak, J. K. (2018). Brand engagement without brand ownership: a case of non-brand owner community members (Journal of Product & Brand Management, Q1: Marketing journals, Impact factor-2.75)
- Sharma, P., & Nayak, J. K. (2018). Testing the role of tourists' emotional experiences in predicting destination image, satisfaction, and intentions: A case of wellness tourism. Tourism Management Perspectives, 28, 41-52. Q1: Tourism journals, SSCI, ABDC-B, Impact factor-1.7)
- Sharma, P., & Nayak, J. K. (2018). Do tourists’ emotional experiences influence images and intentions in yoga tourism? Tourism Review (Q2: Tourism journals, SSCI, ABDC-B)
- Sharma, P., & Nayak, J. K. (2018). An analysis of the emotional approach to segmentation: A study of yoga tourism. Journal of Convention & Event Tourism (ABDC-B)
- Kumar, J., & Nayak, J. K. (2018). Consumer psychological motivations to customer brand engagement: a case of brand Community (Journal of Consumer Marketing) (Q2: Marketing journals, ABDC-B)
- Kumar, J., & Nayak, J. K. (2018). Brand community relationships transitioning into brand relationships: Mediating and moderating mechanisms. Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, 45, 64-73Q1: Marketing Journals, SSCI, ABDC-A, Impact factor-2.9).
- Nayak, J.K (2018), Relationship among Smartphone usage, addiction, academic performance and the moderating role of gender: A study of higher education students in India. Computers & Education, Vol.123, p164- 173. Q1: Computer science, Impact factor-4.5)
- Rai, S, & Nayak, J. K. (2018). Role of event personality and exhibitors’ and happiness in predicting event advocacy intentions: An empirical study. International Journal of Event and Festival Management, 9 (1) (ABDC-B).
- Sangroya, D., & Nayak, J.K. 2017), "Factors influencing buying of green energy consumer", Journal of Cleaner Production, Elsevier, 151, 393- 40. Q1: Energy Journals, Impact Factor -5.7)
- Nayak, J. K., & Benazeer, D. (2017). Identifying and Addressing the Issue of Women's Fear of Victimization in Public Transport: A Case of Delhi. Journal of the Eastern Asia Society for Transportation Studies, 12, 2392-2407.
- Nayak, J. K. Bhalla, N. 2016), “Factors motivating visitors for attending handicraft exhibitions: Special reference to Uttarakhand, India”, Tourism Management Perspectives, 20238-245). Q1: Tourism journals, ABDC-B, Impact factor-1.7)
- Singh, R., & Nayak, J. K. (2016). Adolescent compulsive buying: mediating role of self-esteem. Asia Pacific Journal of Marketing and Logistics, 283). Q2: Marketing journals, ABDC-B)
- Sangroya, D., & Nayak, J. K. (2016). Will Indian Industrial Energy Consumer Continue to Buy Green Energy? Organization & Environment (Q1: Business management journals, Impact factor-5.0)
- Singh, R., & Nayak, J. K. (2016). Parent-adolescent conflict and choice of conflict resolution strategy: familial holiday planning. International Journal of Conflict Management, 271), 88-115. ABDC-A, Impact factor- 1.00)
- Singh, R., & Nayak, J. K. (2016). The effects of stress and human capital perspective on compulsive buying: A life course study in India. Global Business Review, Sage, 176), 1454-1468.
- Singh, R., & Nayak, J. K. (2015). Mediating role of stress between work-family conflict and job satisfaction among the police officials: Moderating role of social support. Policing: An International Journal of Police Strategies & Management, 38 (4), 738-753.
- Sangroya, D., & Nayak, J. (2015). State incentives for promoting wind energy: A panel data examination. Frontiers in Energy, 93), 247-258.
- Singh, R; Nayak, J.K. 2015), "Adolescent Health Education and Social Media: An Exploratory Study in India", Journal of Health Management 171), 63-74
- Singh, R., & Nayak, J. K. (2015). Life and compulsive buying among adolescents in India: moderating effect of gender. South Asian Journal of Global Business Research, 42), 251-274. ABDC-C)
- Kumar, V., & Nayak, J. K. (2015). Examining the relationship between patterns of emotional responses, satisfaction, and loyalty. Anatolia, 1-14. ABDC-B)
- Singh, R., & Nayak, J. K. (2014). Peer interaction and its influence on family purchase decision: A study among Indian teenagers. Vision: The Journal of Business Perspective, 182), 81-90.
- Kumar, V., & Nayak, J.K. (2014). The measurement and conceptualization of destination personality. Tourism Management Perspectives, 12, 88-93. Q1: Tourism journals, ABDC-B, Impact factor- 1.7)
- Kumar, V., & Nayak, J. K. (2014). Destination personality scale development and validation. Journal of Hospitality & Tourism Research, (Q1: Tourism journals, ABDC-A, Impact factor: 2.7)
- Kumar, V., & Nayak, J.K. (2014). The role of self-congruity and functional congruity in influencing the tourists’ post- in Hospitality &Tourism Research. 2(2), 24-44.
- Nayak. J.K, Sinha. G & Guin. K.K, (April, 2011) “Impact of Supplier management on a Firm’s performance”, Decision, Vol. 38, No.1. 77-90
- Nayak. J.K, Sinha. G & Guin. K.K (Sept 2007) “Determinants and impact of outsourcing on small and medium enterprises”, Management Review, Vol.19, No.3, pp. 277-284, ABDC-B)
Singh, R., & Nayak, J.K. (2015). “Stress as a Key for Compulsive Buying Tendencies among Adolescents in India”, “Marketing in Emerging Economies” organized by IIM Ahmedabad on Jan 7-9, 2015.
Singh, R., & Nayak, J.K. (2015). “Role of Media in Increasing Materialistic Approach among Adolescents: A Critical Review”, “GCMRM Conference” organized by MDI Gurgaon 11-13 March, 2015.
Kumar, V., & Nayak, J.K. (2015). “Self-congruity, functional congruity and destination choice: The moderating role of prior experience”, “GCMRM Conference” to be organized by MDI Gurgaon 11-13 March, 2015.
Singh, R., & Nayak, J.K.2014). “Major Shifts in family structure and adolescents influence in the Family purchase decision: In Indian Context”, “Listening to consumers of emerging markets” Organized by IIM Lucknow on January 9-11, 2014.
Singh, R., & Nayak, J.K. (2014). “Family Disruptive events and Youths Compulsivity: Moderating Role of Family support.”, “Rethinking Marketing” Organized by IIM Calcutta on December 18-20, 2014.
Kumar, V., & Nayak, J.K. (2014). “Effect of online service quality dimensions on brand equity within retail banking in India”, “Listening to consumers of emerging markets” Organized by IIM Lucknow on January 9-11, 2014.
Kumar, V., & Nayak, J.K. (2014). “Self-congruity, functional congruity and destination loyalty: The moderating role of prior experience”, “Rethinking Marketing” Organized by IIM Calcutta on December 18-20, 2014.
Singh, R., & Nayak, J.K. (2013). “Teen internet connoisseur: Influence on family purchase decision”, “GLOGIFT 13” organized by IIT Delhi on Dec 13-15, 2013.
Nayak, J.K & (2010), “An Examination of Effect of Outsourcing and Supplier Selection on a Firm’s Performance; The Mediating role of Supplier Development and Trust”, Academy of Indian Marketing International conference, New Delhi, 16-18 December’2010.
Nayak J.K (2007), “Consumer Perception of Retail in India”, 2 International marketing conference held in IIM-Ahmedabad.
Nayak J.K. & Benajeer (2017), " Identifying and addressing the issue of women's fear of victimization in public transport: A case of Delhi", 12th EASTS conference held in Vietnam from 18-21 September 2017.
Nayak J.K2015) "Mobile technology and its impact on advertisement"16 ISBITM International conference held Indonesia, from January 24-26, 2015.
D & Nayak J.K (2014), "Evaluating of government policies in the deployment of the wind energy in India" International Conference on Energy and Management held at Bilgi University, Istanbul Turkey, from June 5th -7th 2014.
- Nayak, J.K., Narwal, P. & Rajoria, V2017). : the threads. European Case Clearing House. Reference no. 517-0080-1
Nayak, J.K., Rai, S., & Narwal, P. (2017). Ripples in Indian Noodles Industry: A Case of WAIWAI. European Case Clearing House. Reference no. 517-0146-1
- Marketing Research and Analysis-I NPTEL MOOC Course, Video Mode, Assignments, 8 week(20 hour)
- Marketing research and analysis-II, NPTEL Course, Video mode, youtube, 12 Week Course(30 hour)
- Developed a new course titled " Marketing Metrics", Quantifying the marketing variables.
- Developed a new course titled" Retail Marketing", Case based