VyavaHR – The Human Resource club of DoMS, IIT Roorkee
VyavaHR is the official Human Resource club of the Department of Management Studies, IIT Roorkee.
We at VyavaHR believe that “SELF MANAGEMENT” is essential for success at workplace. This goal is achieved through consistent pursuit of professional and overall development of the members as perfect individuals. This is encouraged by promoting skills and competencies of the members through sharing and learning.
We strive for academic and professional excellence in the field of human resource and imparting management ethics. Our aim is to create a network of students and professionals from different institutes, colleges and organizations working in this area.
Through workshops, seminars, guest lectures and summits, we endeavor to provide a platform where one can test and enhance their knowledge in the field of human resource.
Vihaan, the HR Summit was hosted on 28th Sep 2013 organized in DoMS, IIT Roorkee. It was sponsored by some of the well known brands such as Everest, Godrej & Ambuja Cement. The topics of discussion were diverse in nature and relevant as listed below:
- The role of HR in Organizational Transformation
- Strategic HRM and its importance today
- Workforce Motivation
- Talent Acquisition and Retention
The summit saw the participation of industry stalwarts and distinguished faculty members of the department. The guest speakers included:
- Brig. Digvijay Setia
- Dr. Santosh Bagwe – COO, Dr. Batra’s B Perfect Pvt. Ltd. and Head HR, Dr. Batra’s Group of Companies
- Ms. Bhairavi Bhatt – Sr. HR-Manager, Dr. Batra’s Group of Companies
- Mr. Baliram Mutagekar – Sr. Manager-HR, Persistent Systems Ltd.
- Mr. Rajesh Kumar – Sr. DGM-HR, BHEL
- Mr. Alok Sheopurkar – Sr. VP and HR-Head, HDFC AMC
- Mr. Indrajit Singh – HR Director, THALES India
- Ms. Navdeep Lamba – Talent Acquisition Manager, THALES India
On the 6th of October, 2012 , DoMS, IIT Roorkee, hosted one of its biggest events of the year in collaboration with the THDC (Tehri Hydro Development Corporation) a symposium on “Emerging Economies and Management Practices”.
Illustrious Speaker from the Industry and Academia graced the venue with their presence and deliberated over issues like Transformational Leadership, HRM, Training & Development, CSR Practices & Sustainability among others. The guest speakers included:
- Prof. D. K. Nauriyal, HSS Dept. – IIT, Roorkee.
- Mr. N. K. Gupta, G.M. (HR)- BHEL.,
- Mr. Manoj Sadavarte ,Unit Head- Godrej & Boyce,
- Mr. Vineet Suri, Head Training & Quality Officer – SPANCO,
- Shri D. Bhattacharyya, Advisor – IFFCO
- Mr. Pranay Kumar, COO at VasudhaEcoFriends