Click Here to apply for MBA :- MBA Admissions 2019-2021
1. What is the degree offered by DoMS IITR?
The degree being offered is "Masters in Business Administration".
2. Apart from the CAT form, do I need to fill a separate form for admission to MBA course at IIT Roorkee ? If yes, when and how ?
Yes, a separate online form has to be filled for MBA at IIT Roorkee. Online Portal for Admission will be opened after the announcement of CAT Results during the month of January.
3. Do we have to choose a specialization in second year or is it a general MBA?
Department offers dual specialization in any of the two functional areas: Marketing, Finance, Operations, Human resource management and Information technology. Students have to opt for any two specializations during the second year. As an additional benefit, the students are allowed to pick any electives other than these two specializations that they have an interest in or want to learn.
4. What is the Fee Structure for the academic year 2019-2021?
Program fee (Tuition fee) for the regular candidates is Rs 2,00,000 per semester. Apart from this, candidates have to pay for security, mess charges, hostel and other institute charges. SC/ST candidates are exempted from paying tuition fee. The above fees are subject to change and the exact amount payable by the students shall be communicated at the time of admission.
5. Any difference in the Fee structure between the General Candidates and OBC candidates?
There is no difference in fee structure for General and OBC candidates.
6. What is the total intake for the 2019-2021 batch?
Maximum intake for MBA program is 95. Reservations applicable as per Government of India rules.
7. Specialization Offered at DoMS IIT Roorkee?
Department offers specializations in the following functional areas: Marketing, Finance, Operations, Human resource and Information technology.
8. Student-Faculty ratio at DoMS IIT Roorkee?
There are 14 "Core faculty”, 4 “Joint faculty” and 6 “Institute faculty” for around 150 students which works out to a faculty ratio of 1:6.25. If one includes the visiting faculty, the ratio is still better.
9. Does the college help in getting a loan for fees?
All the documents required for the loan will be provided to students who apply, by the institute. Students can avail the scholars’ loan at some compensated interest rate from SBI and Punjab National Bank at the campus itself.
10. When does the academic year start?
The academic year will start approximately in the 3rd week of July.
GD-PI related Queries
1. What are the selection criteria for getting a GD/PI call?
Short listing of candidates for GD/PI is done on the basis of performance in CAT 2018. Candidates have to appear for CAT (Common Admission Test) conducted by IIMs.
2. Does the previous work experience have any weightage in selection criteria?
Work experience doesn’t have any weightage in initial shortlisting for GD/PI. However, there is 5% weightage in the final selection. Moreover, we look forward to having experienced students in our next batch. The current batch has more than 50% of experienced students from diverse fields.
3. What is the eligibility criterion for applying?
Graduates or a professional qualification equivalent to that of University degree recognized by UGC, in any discipline with minimum 60% marks (55% for SC/ST/PD). Final year students are also eligible to apply. Such candidates, if selected, will be admitted provisionally, provided they complete all requirements for the qualifying degree with minimum percentage and CGPA or its equivalent by the specified date. The percentage will be considered on the basis of aggregate marks/CGPA awarded in qualifying degree examination.
4. At which locations GD-PI process will be conducted?
GD-PI process will be conducted at DoMS IIT Roorkee.
5. Will there be any increase in intake this year?
No, there is no increase in intake this year.
6. Will my request for re-scheduling of GD/PI slot entertained?
Re-scheduling is not possible under any circumstances.
7. When will the result of MBA admissions be announced?
The results of MBA admissions will be announced approx. one month after the personal interaction. Please keep checking the website for updates.
8. If I am shortlisted for GD/PI, then will IIT R provide any accommodation for attending? Also, will it be only for the candidate or parent/guardian can also avail?
Accommodation in the campus will be provided to candidates attending the GD/PI at a nominal charge of 200-250/- per day. However the accommodation facilities are subject to availability on a first come first serve basis. These facilities are open only for candidates and no parent/guardian shall be entertained in this regard. Other than that students and their guardians can stay in Roorkee as numerous affordable hotels are available close to the campus.
9. Is there any sectional cutoff for admission to DoMS, IIT Roorkee?
No, there is no sectional cutoff for admission to DoMS, IIT Roorkee.
10. What if I don’t have work experience certificate? Is there any alternative?
A copy of joining and relieving letter along with the last payslip will suffice.
Placement Related Queries
1. What was the average salary package offered last year?
For the 2016-18 batch: Average - 9.10 lacs and Top 50% Average - 10 lacs. Check the Latest Placement reports here.
2. What is the current scenario of summer placements and executive placements?
Currently, the summer placements for batch 2018-2020 is in full swing. Many companies have visited the campus and many more are expected. However, the details cannot be disclosed as of now. The placement report shall be uploaded soon.
For further queries please connect with us on :