- Organic synthesis methodology
- Medicinal and Radiopharmaceutical probes synthesis
|2002||2008||PostDoctoral fellow||University of Sherbrooke, Canada|
|PhD||Chemistry||A. M. U. Aligarh, U.P., India||2001|
- Indian Chemical Society, Fellow
- The Indian Science Congress Association, Fellow
|Title||Course Code||Class Name||Semester|
|Adv. organic chemistry II||CY-645||M.Sc||Autumn|
|Adv. organic chemistry I||CY-635||M.Sc.||Autumn|
|Green Chemistry||CY-212||P.G.(including Pre Phd Course)||Spring|
|Synthesis of Radiopharmaceuticals in Imaging||Stanford University, California, USA||I||2007|
- “Synthetic Advances in the Indane Natural Products Scaffolds as Drug Candidates: A Review” Studies in Natural Products Chemistry (Bioactive Natural Products) ELSEVIER SCIENCE PUBLISHERS–AMSTERDAM. 12/2016; 51. DOI:10.1016/B978-0-444-63932-5.00008-5. Pages-383-434.
- Recent advances in molecular scaffolds towards the identification of novel receptors in the treatment of hepatitis diseases, Chapter in Frontiers in Anti-Infective Drug Discovery, ELSEVIER SCIENCE PUBLISHERS–AMSTERDAM. DOI: 10.2174/97816810847941170601 Pages 335-481.
1. Shaily, Ajay Kumar and Naseem Ahmed, Coumarin-chalcone hybrid as selective and sensitive colorimetric and turn-on fluorometric sensor for Cd2+ detection, New Journal of Chemistry, 2017, 41(23), 14746-14753.
2. Mohammed Waheed, Mohammed Issa Alahmdi and Naseem Ahmed, An Efficient Synthesis of 2,4,5-Trisubstituted and 1,2,4,5-Tetrasubstituted Imidazoles Using Dihydroquinolines as Novel Organocatalyst, Chemistry Select, 2017, 2(26), 7946-7950.
3. Iram Parveen, Naseem Ahmed, Danish Idrees, Parvez Khan, Md. Imtaiyaz Hassan, Synthesis, estrogen receptor binding affinity and molecular docking of pyrimidine-piperazine-chromene and -quinoline conjugates Bioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry Letters 2017, 27(18), 4493-4499.
4. Danish Khan, Mohammed Issa Alahmdi and Naseem Ahmed, PhI(OAc)2 mediated an efficient Knoevenagel reaction and their synthetic application for coumarin derivatives, Tetrahedron Letters 2017, 58(32), 3183-3187.
5. Mohammed Waheed and Naseem Ahmed, Pd/Indanone based ligands: an efficient catalyst system for Ullmann-type, Suzuki-Miyaura, and Mizoroki-Heck cross-coupling reactions with aryl tosylates and aryl halides, Synthesis, 2017, 49, 4372-4382.
6. Shaily, Ajay Kumar and Naseem Ahmed, An indirect approach for CN- detection: Development of "Naked-Eye" Hg2+ induced turn-off fluorescence and turn-on cyanide sensing via Hg2+ displacement approach. Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research 2017, 56 (22), 6358-6368.
7. Iram Parveen, Naseem Ahmed, CuI mediated synthesis of heterocyclic flavone-benzofuran fused derivatives Tetrahedron Letters 2017, 58(23), 2302-2305.
8. Nishant Verma, Sumit Kumar, Naseem Ahmed, LiBr/β-CD/IBX/ H2O-DMSO: A new approach for one pot biomimetic regioselective ring opening of chalcone epoxides to bromohydrins and conversion to 1,2,3-triketones Synth. Comm. 2017, 47(11), 1110-1120.
9. Kumar, Sumit; Verma, Nishant; Zubair, Swaleha; Faisal, Syed Mohd.; Kazmi, Shadab; Chakraborty, Sudipta; Owais, M.; Naseem Ahmed Design and Synthesis of Novel Nonsteroidal Phytoestrogen-based Probes as Potential Biomarker: Evaluation of Anticancer Activity and Docking Studies J. Heterocyclic Chemistry 2017, 54(4), 2242-2257.
10. Shaily, Ajay Kumar and Naseem Ahmed, Imidazo[1,2-a]pyridine substituted coumarin as a selective ratiometric sensor for Cu2+ ion, Supramolecular Chemistry, 2017, 29(2), 146-152.
11. Shaily; Kumar, Ajay; Kumar, Sumit; Ahmed, Naseem 'Naked-eye' colorimetric/fluorimetric detection of F- ions by biologically active 3-((1H-indol-3-yl)methyl)-4-hydroxy-2H-chromen-2-one derivatives RSC Advances 2016, 6 (109), 108105-108112.
12. Naseem Ahmed, Chapter: Synthetic Advances in the Indane Natural Product Scaffolds as Drug Candidates Studies in Natural Products Chemistry 12/2016; 51. DOI:10.1016/B978-0-444-63932-5.00008-5. 383-434.
13. Sumit Kumar, Nishant Verma, Iram Parveen and Naseem Ahmed, A green, solvent-free, microwave assisted, high yielding YbCl3catalysed deprotection of THP/MOM/Ac/Ts ethers of chalcone epoxide and 2’-aminochalcone and their sequel cyclization J. Heterocyclic Chemistry, 2016, 53(6), 2111-2122.
14. Mohammed Waheed and Naseem Ahmed, Coumarin Based Novel Ligands in the Suzuki-Miyaura and Mizoroki-Heck Cross-Couplings under Aqueous Medium Tetrahedron Letters 2016, 57(33), 3785-3789.
15. Nishant Verma, Sumit Kumar, Naseem Ahmed, Asymmetric Organocatalytic Synthesis of 3-Benzofuranones through 5-Exo-trig cyclization of 4-Nitroaryl olefins, Tetrahedron Letters 2016, 57(31), 3547-3550.
16. Sumit Kumar and Naseem Ahmed, β-Cyclodextrin/IBX in water: Highly facile biomimetic one pot deprotection of THP/MOM/Ac/Ts ethers and concomitant oxidative cleavage of chalcone epoxides and oxidative dehydrogenation of alcohols, Green Chemistry, 2016, 18(3), 648-656.
17. Ali, Muntjeer; Gani, Khalid M.; Kazmi, Absar A.; Naseem Ahmed, Degradation of aldrin and endosulfan in rotary drum and windrow composting, Journal of Environmental Science and Health, Part B: Pesticides, Food Contaminants, and Agricultural Wastes 2016, 51(5), 278-286.
18. Nishant Verma, Sumit Kumar, and Naseem Ahmed, A facile access to novel heterocyclic analogues of chalcone from newly synthesized ketone containing isoxazole and benzoxazinone ring, RSC Advances, 2016, 6(56), 51183-51191.
19. Sumit Kumar, and Naseem Ahmed, "Microwave assisted highly efficient one-pot multi-component synthesis of novel 2-(tetrasubstituted-1H-pyrrol-3-yl)-4H-chroman-4-ones catalyzed by heterogeneous reusable silica gel supported polyphosphoric acid (PPA/SiO2) J. Saudi Chemical Society 2016, accepted.
20. Sumit Kumar, Nishant Verma, Nikhil Kumar, Alok Patel, Partha Roy, Vikas Pruthi, Naseem Ahmed Design, Synthesis, Molecular docking and Biological studies of Novel Phytoestrogen-Tanaproget hybrids, Synthetic Communication 2016, 46(5), 460-474.
21. Sumit Kumar, Alok Patel and Naseem Ahmed, Microwave-assisted expeditious and efficient synthesis of novel quinolin-4-yl methoxychromen-2-and-4-ones catalyzed by YbCl3 under solvent free one-pot three components domino reaction and their antimicrobial activity RSC Advances, 2015, 5, 93067 – 93080.
22. Sumit Kumar and Naseem Ahmed, β-Cyclodextrin in water: Highly Versatile and Green Approachfor Biomimetic Regioselective Ring Opening of Chalcone Epoxides with Nitrogen Heterocycles, Synthetic Communication 2015, 45(22), 2555-2566.
23. Sumit Kumar and Naseem Ahmed, β-Cyclodextrin in water: Highly facile biomimetic one pot deprotection of phenolic THP/MOM/Ac/Ts ethers and concomitant regioselective cyclization of chalcone epoxides and 2'-aminochalcones, RSC Advances 2015, 5(103), 85128-85138.
24. Gulab Khushalrao, Naseem Ahmed, An efficient eliminative deoxygenation of epoxides to olefins with polyphosphoric acid as a novel catalyst, Tetrahedron Letters 2015, 56(45), 6202-6206.
25. Sumit Kumar and Naseem Ahmed, A facile approach for the synthesis of novel 1-oxa- and1-aza-flavonyl-4-methyl-1H-benzo[d][1,3]oxazin-2(4H)-ones by microwave enhanced Suzuki-Miyaura coupling using bidentate chromen-4-one-based Pd(II)-diimine complex as catalyst RSC Advances 2015, 5(94), 77075-77087.
26. Gulab Khushalrao Pathe, Naveen K. Konduru, Iram Parveen, Naseem Ahmed, Anti-proliferative activities of flavone-estradiol Stille-coupling adducts and of indanone-based compounds obtained by SnCl4/Zn-catalysed McMurry cross-coupling reactions
RSC Advances, 2015, 83512-83521.
27. Naseem Ahmed and Gulb R. Pathe, SeO2 in water: a mild and efficient promoter for deprotection of acetyl, methoxymethyl and tetrahydropyranyl ethers and sequel oxidation of methyl/methylene carbons of alpha carbonyl carbon RSC Advances, 2015, 5, 59114-59119.
28. Naseem Ahmed and Gulb R. Pathe, Mild and efficient reductive deoxygenation of epoxides to olefins with SnCl2/NaI as a novel reagent
Synthesis, 2015, 47, 3542-3552.
29. Gulab Khushalrao Pathe and Naseem Ahmed, SnCl4 - Zn: A novel reductive system for deoxygenative coupling of aliphatic, aromatic, chalcone epoxide and indanone carbonyl compounds to olefins, Tetrahedron Letters 2015, 56(12), 1555-1561.
30. Nishant Verma, Varun Kundi, Naseem Ahmed, Unexpected formation of 3-benzofuranones: A reversal of polarity in the Michael addition reaction of aromatic ketones and 4-nitrobenzaldehydes mediated by piperidine, Tetrahedron Letters 2015, 56, 4175-4179.