Vaskar Raychoudhury Assistant Professor vaskafec[at]iitr.ac.in 91-1332-285848 Website
Areas of Interest
- Computer Networks, Wireless Sensor Networks, Social Networks
- Internet of Things , Smart system development (smart city, smart transportation, smart healthcare, etc,)
- Distributed, Mobile and Pervasive Computing, Smartphone sensing, context-awareness, middleware
- Future Internet Architecture, Named Data Networking
|2015||2015||Visiting Assistant Professor||Technical University of Darmstadt|
|May 2014||June 2014||Postdoctoral Fellow||The Hong Kong Polytechnic University|
|May 2013||July 2013||Postdoctoral Fellow||The Hong Kong Polytechnic University|
|2011||2011||Postdoctoral Researcher Engineer||Institut TELECOM & Management SudParis, Evry, France|
|2010||2011||Postdoctoral Research Associate||Department of Computing, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University|
Honors and Awards
|Humboldt Fellowship for Post-doctoral Researchers||Alexander von Humboldt Foundation, Germany||2015|
|DAAD-IIT Bi-lateral Faculty Exchange Fellowship||DAAD-IIT||2015|
|DST International Travel Support||DST, Govt. of India||2014|
|One of the Top 5 Most Downloaded Articles in 2013||Pervasive and Mobile Computing Journal, Elsevier||2013|
|The HK PolyU PhD Scholarships 2005/2006 session (offered only to 6 international students)||The Hong Kong Polytechnic University||2005|
|rank 33 in the state (West Bengal) in Higher Secondary Examination||Govt. of West Bengal||1999|
|rank 24 in the state (West Bengal) in Secondary Examination||Govt. of West Bengal||1997|
|PhD||Computer Science||The Hong Kong Polytechnic University||2010|
|MS||Information Technology||IIT Kharagpur||2006|
|B.Tech||Information Technology||University of Kalyani||2003|
Sponsored Research Projects
|Spin:Socio-physical interaction network to facilitate,searching,tracking&socializing b/w smart entit||SERB, New Delhi||2013|
- IEEE, Senior Member
- ACM, Member
|Title||Course Code||Class Name||Semester|
|Introduction to Computer Science (Autumn 2015)||CS-101||B.Tech (CSE) Year I||Autumn|
|EC-652/CS-475: Parallel & Distributed Algorithms (Spring 2015)||EC652||B.Tech (CSE) Year IV, M.Tech Year I||Spring|
|Advanced Computer Networks (Autumn 2014)||CS-503||M.Tech Year I||Autumn|
|Parallel & Distributed Algorithms (Spring 2014)||EC-652||B.Tech Year IV and M.Tech Year I||Spring|
|Computer Architecture and Microprocessors (Spring 2014)||EC-252||B.Tech (CSE & ECE) Year II||Spring|
|Design and Analysis of Algorithms (Autumn 2013)||EC-351||B.Tech||Autumn|
|Computer Architecture and Microprocessors (Spring 2013)||EC-252||B.Tech (CSE & ECE) Year II||Spring|
|System Software (Autumn 2012)||EC-253||B.Tech||Autumn|
|EC-351 & CA-603: Design & Analysis of Algorithms (Autumn 2012)||EC-351||B.Tech (CSE) Year III & MCA Year II||Autumn|
|Computer Architecture and Microprocessors (Spring 2012)||EC-252||B.Tech (CSE & ECE) Year II||Spring|
|Topic||Scholar Name||Status of PHD||Registration Year|
|Efficient Routing Protocols for Resource-constrained Delay-tolerant Networks||Sobin CC||O||2014|
|Efficient Forwarding Techniques in Named Data Networking for Next-generation Applications||Divya Saxena||O||2014|
Courses or Conferences Organised
|Conference Name||Sponsored By||Date|
|Special session titled "Applications of Bio-inspired Techniques to Social Computing in "7th Internat||Liverpool Hope University||2012-12-14|
|STC on Applying Pervasive Computing and Social Networks to Accelerate the Growth of Rural and Urban||AICTE||2012-06-29|
Refereed Journal Papers
- Jiannong Cao, Joanna Siebert, and Vaskar Raychoudhury, “Service Management in Pervasive Computing Environments”, Pervasive Computing and Networking, Mohammad S. Obaidat, Mieso Denko, and Isaac Woungang (Eds.), John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
- Vaskar Raychoudhury, Shikhar Shrivastav, Sandeep Singh Sandha, and Jiannong Cao, “Crowdsourcing based Context-aware Panoramic Map Generation for Smartphone Users,” Accepted for publication in IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems (TPDS), July 2014.
- Deepak Uniyal and Vaskar Raychoudhury, “Pervasive Healthcare: A Comprehensive Survey of Tools and Techniques,” arXiv:1411.1821 [cs.CY], Nov. 2014.
- Vaskar Raychoudhury, Ajay D. Kshemkalyani, Daqing Zhang, and Jiannong Cao, “Automatic Event Scheduling in Mobile Social Network Communities,” Accepted for publication in IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems (TPDS), December 2013.
- Vaskar Raychoudhury, Jiannong Cao, Rajdeep Niyogi, Weigang Wu, and Yi Lai, “Top K-leader Election in Mobile Ad Hoc Networks,” Accepted for publication in Journal of Pervasive and Mobile Computing (PMC), Elsevier, October 2013 (http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.pmcj.2013.10.003).
- Vaskar Raychoudhury, Jiannong Cao, Mohan Kumar, and Daqiang Zhang, “Middleware for Pervasive Computing: A Survey,” Journal of Pervasive and Mobile Computing, Elsevier, Volume 9, Issue 2, April 2013, Pages 177–200 (http://dx.doi:10.1016/j.pmcj.2012.08.006). [Impact Factor: 1.250] [Citation count: 15]
- Weiping Zhu, Jiannong Cao, Henry Chan, Xuefeng Liu, and Vaskar Raychoudhury “Mobile RFID with a High Identification Rate,” Accepted for publication in IEEE Transactions on Computers (TC), February, 2013. [Impact Factor ~ 1.1]
- Daqiang Zhang, Zhijun Yang, Vaskar Raychoudhury, Zhe Chen, “An Energy-efficient Routing Protocol Using Movement Trend in Vehicular Ad-hoc Networks,” Accepted in the Computer Journal, February, 2013. [Impact factor: 0.785, 5-Yr impact factor: 0.943][Citation count: 6]
- Vaskar Raychoudhury, Jiannong Cao, Weigang Wu, and Steven Lai, “K-Directory Community: Reliable Service Discovery in MANET,” Journal of Pervasive and Mobile Computing, Elsevier
Volume 7, Issue 1, February 2011, Pages 140-158. [Impact Factor: 1.250][Citation count: 15]
- Preetika, Rani, Sandeep Singh Sandha, Vaskar Raychoudhury, and Dhaval Patel, “Mobile Health Application for Early Disease Outbreak-Period Detection,” Accepted for publication in the 16th IEEE International Conference on e-Health Networking, Applications and Services (Healthcom 2014), October 15-18, 2014, Natal, Brazil.
- Vaskar Raychoudhury, Ajay D. Kshemkalyani, Daqing Zhang, Jiannong Cao, Mohit Bakshi, Kanik Gupta, Vishal Mittal, Siddharth Maheshwari, “Automatic Event Scheduling in Mobile Social Network Communities,” In Proceeding of 5th IEEE International Conference on Social Computing (SocialCom), September 8-14, 2013, Wasington D.C., USA [accepted initially as a journal paper: Top 3%].
- Vaskar Raychoudhury, Jiannong Cao, Weiping Zhu, and Ajay D. Kshemkalyani, “Context Map for Navigating the Physical World,” In Proceedings of 20th Euromicro International Conference on Parallel, Distributed and Network-Based Computing (PDP), Pages 146-153, February 15-17, 2012, Munich, Germany. [Citation count: 1]
- Vaskar Raychoudhury, Ajay D. Kshemkalyani, and Jiannong Cao, “Querying Context Maps using Relative Timing Predicates in Pervasive Environments,” In Proceedings of 6th International Workshop on Middleware Tools, Services and Run-time Support for Networked Embedded Systems (MidSens’11) to be held with Middleware 2011 Conference, December 12-16, 2011, Lisbon, Portugal.
- Daqing Zhang, Zhu Wang, Bin Guo, Xingshe Zhou, Vaskar Raychoudhury, “A Dynamic Community Creation Mechanism in Opportunistic Mobile Social Networks,” In Proceedings of Privacy, security, risk and trust (PASSAT), IEEE 3rd International conference on social computing (SOCIALCOM), pp. 509-514, October 9-11, 2011, Boston, MA, USA. [Citation count: 14]
- Weiping Zhu, Jiannong Cao, Yi Xu, and Vaskar Raychoudhury, “Event Aggregation with Different Latency Constraints and Aggregation Functions in Wireless Sensor Networks,” In Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC), pp. 1-5, June 5-9, 2011, Kyoto, Japan.
- Vaskar Raychoudhury, Jiannong Cao, Weigang Wu, and Cheng Hui, “Service Handoff for Reliable and Continuous Service Access in Pervasive Computing,” In Proceedings 19th Euromicro International Conference on Parallel, Distributed and Network-Based Computing (PDP), pp. 172-179, February 09-11, 2011, Ayia Napa, Cyprus.
- Vaskar Raychoudhury, Jiannong Cao, Weigang Wu, and Steven Lai, “K-Directory Community: Reliable Service Discovery in MANET,” In Proceedings of 11th International Conference on Distributed Computing and Networking (ICDCN2010), Springer LNCS Volume 5935, 2010, pp. 420-433, January 3-6, 2010, Kolkata, India (http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-11322-2_40). [Citation count: 15]
- Vaskar Raychoudhury, “Efficient and Fault Tolerant Service Discovery in MANET using Quorum-based Selective Replication,” In Proceedings of 7th Annual IEEE International Conference on Pervasive Computing and Communications (Percom 2009: Google PhD Forum), pp. 1-2, Galveston, Texas, USA, March 9-13, 2009. [Citation count: 4]
- Daqiang Zhang, Jiannong Cao, Jingyu Zhou, Minyi Guo, and Vaskar Raychoudhury, “An Efficient Collaborative Filtering Approach Using Smoothing and Fusing,” In Proceedings of the 38th International Conference on Parallel Processing (ICPP’09), pp. 558 – 565, September 22-25, 2009, Vienna, Austria. [Citation count: 12]
- [Invited Paper] Vaskar Raychoudhury, Jiannong Cao, and Weigang Wu, “Top K-leader Election in Wireless Ad Hoc Networks,” In Proceedings of 17th International Conference on Computer Communications and Networks (ICCCN’08), pp. 1 – 6, August 3-7, 2008, St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands. [Citation count: 14]
- Joanna Izabela Siebert, Jiannong Cao, Yu Zhou, Miaomiao Wang, and Vaskar Raychoudhury, “Universal Adaptor: A Novel Approach to Supporting Multi-protocol Service Discovery in Pervasive Computing,” In Proceedings of International Conference on Embedded and Ubiquitous Computing (EUC’07), pp. 683-693, December, 2007, Taipei, Taiwan. [Citation count: 2]
- Miaomiao Wang, Jiannong Cao, Joanna Izabela Siebert, Vaskar Raychoudhury, and Jing Li, “Ubiquitous Intelligent Object: Modeling and Applications,” In Proceedings of 3rd International Conference on Semantics, Knowledge and Grid (SKG’07), pp. 236 – 241, Oct. 29-31, 2007. Xian, China. [Citation count: 6]
- Yu Zhou, Jiannong Cao, Vaskar Raychoudhury, Joanna Izabela Siebert, and Jian Lu, “A Middleware Support for Agent-Based Application Mobility in Pervasive Environments,” In Proceedings of the 27th International Conference on Distributed Computing Systems Workshops (ICDCSW’07), pages -9, June 25-29, 2007, Toronto, Ontario, Canada. [Citation count: 12]
- Vaskar Raychoudhury and Arobinda Gupta, “A Middleware for Building Mobile Agent-Based Distributed Applications,” In Proceedings of the 13th International Conference on Advanced Computing & Communications (ADCOM’05), December 14-17, 2005, Coimbatore, India.