Agarwal, Vijay K
Areas of Interest
- Modelling and Simulation,CAD,process control and heat transfer, Process Modelling & Simulation, CAD, Process Control & Heat Transfer
- CFD, Gasification of Biomass, coal in Fluidized Bed and Circulating Fluidized Bed
|09-03-1990||30-10-2003||Assistant Professor||IIT Roorkee|
|31-10-2003||24-06-2007||Associate Professor||IIT Roorkee|
|25-06-2007||till date||Professor||IIT Roorkee|
|B.E.||Chemical Engg.||University of Roorkee||1977|
|M.E.||Chemical Engineering||University of Roorkee||1979|
|Ph.D.||Chemical Engineering||University of Roorkee||1993|
|01-01-2012||31-01-2015||Head of Department||IIT Roorkee|
|2011||2013||Chairman, DAPC||IIT Roorkee|
|May 2011||May 2012||Vice Chairman GATE-2012||IIT Roorkee|
|June 2009||May 2011||Chairman, PG Admission||IIT Roorkee|
|June 2007||May 2009||Vice Chairman, PG Admission||IIT Roorkee|
|April 2010||Dec. 2012||Chairman, Community Dairy||IIT Roorkee|
Participation in seminars
|9th international Conference on Chemical and Process Engineering (ICheaP-9)||Rome, Italy||AIDIC||10-05-2009|
|International Conference of Heat and Mass Transfer||Guwahati, Assam||Institute||02-01-2006|
- The Institution of Engineers (India), Fellow member
- Alumni Association, (IIT Roorkee), Member
|Title||Course Code||Class Name||Semester|
|CAD of Mass Transfer Equipments||CHN-502||M.Tech (CAPPD)||Spring|
|Mass Transfer-I||CHN-201||B.Tech (Chemical) II Year||Spring|
|Mass Transfer||CHN-211||B.Tech (PSE) II Year||Spring|
|Topic||Scholar Name||Status of PHD||Registration Year|
|Nucleate Pool Boiling of saturated Liquids on Horizontal Tube Surfaces coated with Teflon||C.B.Vijaya Vittala||A||1995|
|Nucleate Pool Boiling of Saturated Liquids on PTFE coated horizontal heating tube||Sri Swapan Bhaumik||A||1999|
|Enhanced Boiling of Saturated Liquids on Copper coated heating tube surface||Laljee Prasad||A||2002|
|A study of Nucleate Boiling of Saturated Liquids on Copper coated heating tube surface||Mihir Kumar Das||A||2000|
|Enhanced Boiling of Water- Methanol mixtures on coated surfaces||Mohd.Siraj Alam||A||2003|
|Development of Digital Control Strategy of a Continiuos Distillation COlumn||Surendra Kumar Saini||A||2002|
|Biological Removal of Zinc from Industrial Effluents||Vishal Mishra||A||2008|
|Simultaneous Adsorption and Biodegradation of Cyanide from Industrial waste water||Neha Gupta||A||2008|
|Nucleate Pool Boiling of Liquids and their mixtures on coated Horizontal tubes||Chandra Kishore||A||2009|
|Performance Characteristics of warm mix Asphalt||Ambika Behl||A||2011|
|Simulation of Biomass Gasification in a Fluidized Bed Reactor using CFD||Umesh Kumar||A||2012|
|Preparation and Characterization of Coir and Banana Fiber Reinforced LDPE composites||Nirupama||A||2012|
|Pool Boiling of Nano-fluids||Somesh Bhambi||O||2013|
|CFD of Circulating Fluidized Bed Gasifier||Vikrant Sharma||O||2014|
|CFD of Fixed bed reactor||Baljinder Kaur Riyar||O||2014|
Visits to outside institutions
|Institute Visited||Purpose of Visit||Date|
|Adddis Ababa Science and Technology University||Institute Representative in GATE-2018||03-02-2018|
Courses or Conferences Organised
|Conference Name||Sponsored By||Date|
|23rd National Convention of Chemical Engineers on Recent Trends in Chemical Engineering||IIChE||05-10-2007|
|Workshop on Future Trends in Chemical Engineering||Bureau of Energy Efficiency, New Delhi||18-08-2012|
|International Conference on Advances in Chemical Engineering (ACE-2013)||TCS, ONGC, GAIL, DST, CSIR, PETRONET LNG Ltd., IOCL, RCF, Perkin Elmer, DAE||22-02-2013|
Refereed Journal Papers
REFEREED RESEARCH PAPERS
(In last five years)
- Refereed Journals:
- Umesh Kumar and Vijay K Agarwal, “ Biomass gasification in fluidized reactor and heat transfer studies”, Numerical heat transfer part A. doi/full/10.1080/10407782.2016.1177340, (2017).
- Nirupama, Vijay K. Agarwal, Shishir Sinha, “Hybridization effect of coir fiber on physico-mechanical properties of polyethylene-banana/coir fiber hybrid composites”, Science and Engineering of Composite Materials, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1515/secm-2015-0446, (2016).
- Nirupama, Vijay K. Agarwal, Shishir Sinha, “Thermal degradation of coir fiber reinforced low-density polyethylene (LDPE) composites”, Science and engineering of composite materials, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1515/secm-2015-0422, (2016).
- Nirupama Prasad, Vijay K. Agarwal, Shishir Sinha., “Banana Fiber Reinforced Low-density Polyethylene Composites: Effect of Chemical Treatment and Compatibilizer”, Iranian Polymer Journal, 25, 229-241, (2016).
- Ambika Behl, Prof Satish Chandra, Prof V.K Aggarwal, Dr. S. Gangopadhyay, “Durability and Performance Characteristics of Warm Asphalt Mixes”, Journal of Indian Road Congress, pp 101-106, (2016).
- Umesh Kumar and Vijay K Agarwal, “Simulation of 3D gas-solid fluidzed bed reactor hydrodynamics”, Particulate science and Technology, DOI:10.1080/02726351.2015.1119227, (2016).
- Nirupama Prasad, Vijay K. Agarwal, Shishir Sinha, “Physico-mechanical properties of coir fiber/LDPE composites: Effect of chemical treatment and compatibilizer”, Korean Journal of Chemical Engineering, 32, 2534-2541, (2015).
- Ambika Behl, Satish Chandra, V.K Aggarwal, S. Gangopadhyay, “Zero Shear Viscosity of Bitumen-Filler Mastics of Warm Mix Binders”, Journal of Materials in Civil Engineering of ASCE (SCI) ISSN 0899-1561/04014260(6), (2015).
- Vishal Mishra, Chandrajit Balomajumder, Vijay Kumar Agarwal, “Biological removal of heavy metal zinc from industrial effluent by zinc sequestering bacterium VMSDCM”, Clean Technologies and Environmental Policies, 16: 555-568, (2014).
- Vishal Mishra, Chandrajit Balomajumder, Vijay Kumar Agarwal, “Dynamic, Mechanistic and Thermodynamic modeling of Zn (II) ion biosorption onto Zinc sequestering bacterium”, Clean Soil Air Water, 41: 1-7,(2013).
- Vishal Mishra, Chandrajit Balomajumder, Vijay Kumar Agarwal, “Simultaneous adsorption cum bioaccumulation: A study on continuous mass transfer in column reactor”, Environmental Progress and Sustainable Energy, 32: 605-614, (2013).
- Ambika Behl, Satish Chandra, V.K Aggarwal, “Rheological Characterization of Bituminous Binder containing Wax based Warm mix asphalt additive”, Journal of Mechanical & Civil Engineering, ISSN 2278-1684, (2013).
- N. Gupta, Chandrajit Balomajumder, Vijay Kumar Agarwal, “Adsorptive Treatment of Cyanide-Bearing Wastewater: A Prospect for Sugar Industry Waste”, Chemical Engineering Communications, 200 (7) pp 993-1007, (2013)
- Refereed Conference
- Nirupama, Vijay K. Agarwal, Shishir Sinha, “Natural fiber based polymer composites: a review”, International conference on advances in chemical engineering, Chemical Engineering Department, I.I.T. Roorkee, Uttrakand, India, February 22-24, (2013).
- Ambika Behl, Satish Chandra, V.K Aggarwal, S. Gangopadhyay, “Effect of Sasobit on Viscosity and Rheology of Bituminous Binders”, International Conference on Advances in Chemical Engineering, IIT Roorkee, (2013).
- Nirupama, Vijay K. Agarwal, Shishir Sinha, “Thermal characterization of coir fiber/LDPE composites”, 3rd International Conference on Recycling and Reuse of Materials (ICRM 2014), Mahatama Gandhi University, Kottayam, Kerala, India, April 11-13, (2014).
- Nirupama, Vijay K. Agarwal, Shishir Sinha, “Effect of coir fiber incorporation in banana fiber/LDPE composites”, CHEMCON 2014, Punjab University, Chandigarh, India, December 27-30, (2014).
- Ambika Behl, Satish Chandra, V.K Aggarwal, S. Gangopadhyay, “Temperature Susceptibility of Warm Mix Bituminous Binders”, International Conference on Transportation Planning and Implementation Methodologies for Developing Countries, IIT Mumbai, 10-12th December (2014).
- Umesh Kumar and Vijay K Agarwal, “CFD analysis hydrodynamics and heat transfer in fluidized bed reactor”, 23rd National and 1st ISHMT-ASTFE Heat and Mass transfer, ID:210, ISRO Trivandrum, 17-19 Dec. (2015).
- Somesh Bhambi and Vijay K. Agarwal, “Effect of Nanoparticles on heat transfer during sub atmospheric pool boiling of distilled water”, II International conference on condensed matter and applied physics, ICC-2017, GEC, Bikaner, 24-26 Nov.(2017).
- Somesh Bhambi and Vijay K. Agarwal, “Sub atmospheric pool boiling and experimental heat transfer of alumina nano fluids”, International conference on Nano technology; Ideas, Innovations and Initiatives-2017, IIT Roorkee, 6-8 Dec. (2017).