Areas of Interest
- Blended Polymer Composits , Polymer Surface Modification, Nano Composites, Fire Retardant Composites, Ion Exchangers, Effluent treatment for tannery and textile wastewater
|2014-01-01||Ongoing||Professor||Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee|
|2009-01-01||5 years||Associate Professor||Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee|
|2006-01-01||3 years||Assistant Professor||Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee|
|2003-01-01||3 years||Assitant Professor||Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology Patiala|
|1999-01-01||4 years||Lecturer||Thapar Institute of Engineeing and Technology, Patiala|
|2018-02-01||3 years||Head of Department||I.I.T Roorkee|
|2012-01-01||7 years 11 months 30 days||Professor In Charge Guest House||I.I.T. Roorkee|
|2015-01-01||2 years||Chairman Departmental Research Committee||Chemical Engineering Department|
|2008-01-01||1 year||Chief Warden||Azad Bhawan, Indian institute of Technology, Roorkee|
|2009-01-01||4 years||Chief Warden||Govind Bhawan, Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee|
|2013-01-01||1 year||Chief Warden||Ravindra Bhawan|
|2011-09-14||1 year 3 months 18 days||Institute Faculty Coordinator Cognizance||IIT Roorkee|
|2009-01-01||5 years||O.C. Training and Placement||Department of Chemical Engineering I.I.T. Roorkee|
|2006-01-01||2 years||Warden||Azad Bhawan, IIT Roorkee|
|2013-08-16||3 years||Institute Faculty Coordinator Cognizance||IIT Roorkee|
|2009-01-01||5 years||O.C. Building and Maintenance||Department of Chemical Engineering I.I.T. Roorkee|
|2010-01-01||2 years||Member Dairy Committee||IIT Roorkee|
|2008-01-01||5 years||O.C. Training and Placement||I.I.T. Roorkee|
|2012-01-01||2 years||Honorary Secretary||Institution of Engineers|
|2001-01-01||5 years||Warden||Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology Patiala|
|2006-01-01||Student Councellor||TIET Patiala|
|2001-01-01||5 years||Warden Hostel-B (TIET Patiala)||TIET Patiala|
|2001-01-01||5 years||Founder President of IIChE student Chapter, TIET Patiala||TIET Patiala|
|2002-01-01||4 years||President ISTE Chapter TIET||ISTE, TIET Patiala|
Honors and Awards
|Distinguished Alumnus Award||H. B. Technical University Kanpur||2020|
|Fellow of Royal Society of Chemistry||Royal Society of Chemistry||2020|
|Elected Fellow of IIChE||Indian Institute of Chemical Engineers||2019|
|Fellow of Institution of Engineers||Institution of Engineers(India)||2011|
|Fellow of International Society for Energy, Environment and Sustainability||International Society for Energy, Environment and Sustainability||2020|
|Member Academic Council||H.B. Technical University Kanpur||2017|
|Member BoG||BIET Jhansi||2020|
|Member Research Degree Committe||Dr. A. P. J. Abdul Kalam Technical University Lucknow||2016|
|Member Board of Studies Chemical Engineering||Dr. A. P. J. Abdul Kalam Technical University Lucknow||2016|
|M.Tech. Medal for first position||H.B. Technological Institute Kanpur||1995|
|Member Board of studies||H.B. Technological Institute Kanpur||2009|
|Member Board of Studies, Chemical Engineering||UPES Dehradun||2020|
|Member Board of Studies, Chemical Engineering||SLIET Longowal||2017|
|Member Board of Studies, Chemical Engineering||Indraprastha University New Delhi||2018|
|Best Technical Paper of the session at CHEMCON 2000||Indian Institute of Chemical Engineers||2000|
|Member Board of Studies, Chemical Engineering||H.B. Technological University||2018|
|B.Tech.||Chemical||H.B. Technological Institute Kanpur||1993|
|M.Tech.||Chemical||H.B. Technological Institute Kanpur||1995|
|Ph.D.||Chemical Engineering||Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur, Kanpur||2000|
Sponsored Research Projects
|Topic||Funding Agency||Start Date||Period|
|Process Development, Wastewater Management in Petrochemical Industries||Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers||2019-04-01||Ongoing|
|Improvisation of Air Pollution Control Devices||Continental Carbon India Limited||2020-09-01||Ongoing|
|Assessing The Impacts of Site-Specific Reuse of Textile Dye Treated Effluent for Irrigation||Threads India Limited||2018-01-01||Ongoing|
|RAPID STUDY OF AREA IN PROXIMITY OF MIRZA INTERNATIONAL LTD., UNNAO||MIRZA INTERNATIONAL LTD||2018-09-10||Ongoing|
|Detailed Study of Plant Manufacturing of Carbon Black||Continental Carbon India Limited||2019-02-12||Ongoing|
|Department of Science and Technology-FIST||DST||2019-04-16||Ongoing|
|Preliminary Study of Pollution Control Devices||Continental Carbon India Limited||2019-02-15||1 year 5 months 30 days|
|Feasibility Studies and Rapid EIA of M/s Mirza International Limited Kanpur, Expansion Plan.||Mirza International Limited||2013-01-10||2 years 10 months 15 days|
|Feasibility and Rapid EIA of M/s Model Exims India Private Limited Unnao||Model Exims India Limited||2015-03-02||5 years 4 months 29 days|
|Studies of Ground Water Coloration of Shahbajpur area||Jubilant Orgonosys Ltd||2009-07-08||2 years 10 months 23 days|
|Feasibility Studies and Rapid EIA of M/s Mirza International Limited Kanpur, Expansion Plan||Mirza International Limited||2013-05-01||2 years 6 months 17 days|
|Dev. of Novel Technique for Preparation of High Capacity, Molecularly Different Acrylic Ion Exchange Resin||FIG, MHRD||2009-05||2 years 3 months|
|Up- gradation of Biogas for Blending with Natural Gas||Ministry of New and Renewable Energy||2010-08-11||1 year 11 months 13 days|
|Up gradation and Modernization of Computer Lab Facility in Chemical Engineering Department||AICTE||2002-12-13||1 year 6 months 22 days|
|Preparation of High Capacity, Molecularly Different Acrylic Ion Exchanger||UGC||2004-09-08||1 year 2 months 21 days|
|Blending of Polymers for Soil Stabilization||India Polyroads Limited||2011-05-04||11 months 28 days|
|Opinion on Machine Specifications and capabilities of Silicone Rubber Molding Machine||Texplas Limited||2012-08-08||4 months 4 days|
- Royal Society of Chemistry, Fellow, Royal Society of Chemistry
- Institution of Engineers (India), Fellow
- Indian Institute of Chemical Engineers, Fellow
- Indian Society For Technical Education, Life Member
- International Association of Engineers, Member
- Asian Polymer Association, Life Member
- Indian Desalination Association, Life Member
- International Society for Energy, Environment and Sustainability, Life Member
- The Society for Polymer Science, India, Life Member
|Title||Course Code||Class Name||Semester|
|Chemical Engineering Thermodynamics||CHN-205||B.Tech. Chemical Engineering||Autumn|
|Process Utilities and Safety||CHN-306||B.Tech.||Spring|
Projects and Thesis Supervised
|Title of Project||Names of Students|
|Process development in Polycarbonate synthesis||Ishwar Sharan|
Research Scholar Groups
|G L Devnani||Polymer Surface Modification|
|Kanti Lal Chauhan||Methane reforming|
|Jyoti Jain||Fire Retardent Polymeric Systems|
|Sri Nivas||Nano Composites|
|Devendra Rai||Tannery Waste Water Treatment|
|Kajal Mishra||Natural Fiber Based Composites|
|Priyanka Soni||Fire Retardent Composites|
|Monika Ranga||Textile Wastewater Treatment by Electrochemical Method|
|Inderpreet Singh||Green Composites|
|Ishwar Sharan||Wastewater Treatment of Petrochemical Industries|
|Topic||Scholar Name||Status of PHD||Registration Date|
|Effect of Recycling on Fiber Characteristics of Agri- Residue Paper from Chemical Pulp||Pramod Kumar||A||2006-01|
|Development and Characterization of Rice Husk Polypropylene (RHPP) Composites||Vinay Kumar||A||2007-01|
|Synthesis of Polymer Supported Metal Catalysts and Oxidation of Organic Compounds||Ms. Sweta||A||2008-01|
|Gas Phase Polymer Surface Modification||Gagnesh Sharma||A||2009-01|
|Adsorption Studies Of Lead And Chromium On New/Modified Adsorbents||Sunil Kumar||A||2011-07|
|Structural studies on MurA and type II chorismate mutase||Aditya Dev||A||2008-01|
|Preparation and Characterization of blended bagasse/wheat straw fiber polymer composites||Varun Mittal||A||2013-01|
|Vapor Phase Conversion of Glycerol to 1,2-propanediol over non-Noble Metal Catalyst.||Nitin Naresh Pandhare||A||2011-01|
|Fabrication and Characterization of Hybrid Composites of Recycled polymer and Natural Fibers||Lakshya Agarwal||A||2014-01|
|Preparation and Characterization of Coir and Banana Fiber Reinforced LDPE Composites.||Nirupama||A||2013-01|
|Study and Preparation of Reinforced Polymer Composite of Hair Fiber.||Prashant Srivastava||A||2013-01|
|Reforming of Acetone-Butanol-Ethanol Mixture for Hydrogen Production: Thermodynamic and Exergy Analy||Brijesh Kumar||A||2015-01|
|Studies on Novel Natural Fibers and Their Reinforced Epoxy Composites||G. L. Devnani||A||2016-01|
|Microencapsulated eutectic mixture||Sri Nivas Naik||O||2015-01|
|Development of Flame Retardant Natural Fiber Reinforced Polymer Composites||Ms. Jyoti Jain||A||2016-01|
|Modeling of reformers for duel cell applications using renewable energy source.||Kanti Lal Chauhan||O||2016-01|
|Electrochemical Treatment of Contaminated Industrial Wastewater||Devendra Rai||O||2017-01|
|Studies on Polymer Composites Reinforced with Plant Fiber||Kajal Mishra||O||2018-01|
|Electrochemical Treatment of Contaminated Textile Wastewater||Monika Ranga||O||2018-07|
|Preparation and Characterization of Flame Retardant hemp fiber reinforced epoxy composites in situ property enhancement.||Priyanka Soni||O||2018-01|
|Surface modification of Nanocomposites||Manash Protim Mudoi||O||2020-08|
|Improvisation of Energy in Carbon Black Manufacturing.||Achal Pandey||O||2020-07-16|
Visits to outside institutions
|Institute Visited||Purpose of Visit||Date|
|University of Strasbourg, France||Academic Collaboration||2019-09-20|
|University of Cranfield, UK||Academic Collaboration and Talk||2018-06-07|
|Lisbon, Braga, Portugal||Talk||2017-06-22|
|University of Utah, Salt Lake City USA||Talk and Collaboration||2015-07-15|
|University of Saskatchewan, Canada||Talk||2014-10-24|
|Methodologies for Electronic Waste Disposal, keynote talk delivered at 14th Uttrakhand State Science and Technology Congress (USSTC) 2020||Uttrakhand State Council for Science and Technology and Department of Science and Technology||2020-01|
|Futuristic approach of gas phase modification of polymeric surfaces||G.L. A. Institute of Technology & management, Mathura||2007-01|
|Development of new anion exchangers||Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology Patiala||2007-01|
|Logistics management of electronic waste, keynote talk delivered at International Conference on Advances in Chemical and Petrochemical Engineering||Department of Chemical Engineering, Aligarh Muslim University Aligarh||2020-01|
|Sustainable waste management, Chief Guest talk delivered at D. Gangadhar Rao Memorial Lecture organized by Laxminarayan Institute of Technology Nagpur||Laxminarayan Institute of Technology Nagpur||2020-01|
|Ion Exchangers better way of separation, talk delivered at Department of Chemical Engineering SVNIT Surat||SVNIT Surat||2020-01|
|Newer Technology for Polymeric Surface Modification and in situ application to Tannery Waste, talk delivered to Department of Material Science and Engineering, University of Utah, Salt Lake City||University of Utah, Salt Lake City||2015-01|
|Advancement in Chemical Modifications of Polymers||Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering and Technology, Longowal||2007-01|
|Heavy metal recovery from electronic waste, plenary talk delivered at International Conference on Chemical, Bio & Environmental Engineering||Dr. B.R. Ambedkar National Institute of Technology Jalandhar||2020-01|
|Sustainable technologies in Environmental issues, keynote talk delivered at Innovation and Opportunities in Chemical Engineering for Sustainable Environment and Energy||Department of Chemical Engineering, Raja Balwant Singh Engineering Technical Campus, Agra||2020-01|
|Industry Institute Interaction- A Newer Concept||R.V. College of Engineering, Bangalore||2007-01|
|Novel Technique for Separation, talk delivered at Advances in Renewable and Bioenergy at IET Lucknow||IET Lucknow||2019-01|
|Newer Technology for Polymeric Surface Modification and in situ application to Tannery Waste||University of Uta||2015-01|
|Process Safety in Edible Oil Processing||H.B. Technological Institute Kanpur||2014-01|
Courses or Conferences Organised
|Conference Name||Sponsored By||Date|
|Annual Technical Festival of IIT Roorkee, Cognizance-2016||Various Organisations||2016-01|
|Annual Technical Festival of IIT Roorkee, Cognizance-2015||Various Organisations||2015-01|
|Annual Technical Festival of IIT Roorkee, Cognizance-2014||Various Organizations||2014-01|
|International Conference on Challenges in Disaster Mitigation & Management||NDMA, RGIPT||2013-01|
|Annual Technical Festival of IIT Roorkee, Cognizance-2012||Various Organizations||2012-01|
|Golden Jublee Workshop on Process Safety||Institution of Engineers||2010-01|
|Industrial Safety Day||Institution of Engineers (India)||2009-01|
|Recent Trends in Polymer Science and Technology||DST & CSIR||2005-01|
Special Lectures Delivered
|Newer Technology for Polymeric Surface Modification and in situ application to Tannery Waste||Department of Material Science and Engineering, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, US||2015-01|
|E- waste management||Continuing Education Center, I.I.T. Roorkee||2020-08|
|Electronic Waste-A wealth of future||Continuing Education Center, I.I.T. Roorkee||2020-08|
|Process Safety in Edible Oil Processing||H.B. Technological Institute Kanpur||2013-01|
|Fire Safety a Chemical Engineering Perspective||Moradabad Institute of Technology, Moradabad||2010-01|
|Computer Waste||Institution of Engineers (Roorkee Local center)||2009-01|
|Process Safety;||G.L. A. Institute of Technology & Management, Mathura||2008-01|
|Electronic Waste a wealth of future||Course on Hazardous Waste management organized by Department of Chemical Engineering, Indian Institu||2007-01|
|Industry Institute Interaction||R.V. College of Engineering, Bangalore||2007-01|
|Development of new anion exchangers||Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology Patiala||2007-01|
National International Collaboration
|Development of Low Cost Natural Fiber Based Composites,||Department of Material Science, University of Utah|
|Green Construction Material||University of Cranfield UK|
|Polymers for Environment.||Department of Polymer Engineering, University of Strasbourg|
- Shishir Sinha and Vinay Kumar, Polymeric Systems and Applications, Studium Press LLC, 2010, ISBN Code: 9789380012100.
- Shishir Sinha, O.P. Pandey and, Vinay Kumar, Advances in Polymer Science, Studium Press LLC, 2011, ISBN Code: 9789380012285.
- Shishir Sinha and Naveen Kumar Navani, Compendium on Nanotechnology, Studium Press LLC, 2014, ISBN Code: 1626330107.
Refereed Journal Papers
1. Jyoti Jain and Shishir Sinha, “Potential of Pineapple leaf Fibers and their Modifications for Development of Tile Composites” Paper accepted in Journal of Natural Fibers. (2021) https://doi.org/10.1080/15440478.2020.1870629
2. B Srinivasaraonaik, Shishir Sinha and Lok Pratap Singh, Studies on Microstructural and thermo-physico properties of Microencapsulated Eutectic phase change material incorporated pure cement system, paper accepted in Journal of Energy Storage. (2021)
3. B Srinivasaraonaik, Shishir Sinha and Lok Pratap Singh, "Synthesis of encapsulation of binary mixture by silica and its performance in pure cementitious system" paper accepted in Energy Storage. (2020)
4. Kajal Mishra and Shishir Sinha, Development and assessment of Moringa oleifera (Sahajana) leaves filler/epoxy composites: Characterization, barrier properties and in situ determination of activation energy, Polymer Composite vol 41: pp 5015-5029 (2020)
5. B Srinivasaraonaik, Lok Pratap Singh, Shishir Sinha, Inderjeet Tyagi and Anujay Rawat, Studies on thermal properties of microencapsulated eutectic phase change material incorporated different mortar mixes, paper accepted in International Journal of Energy Research, DOI: 10.1002/er.5943 (2020)
6. B Srinivasaraonaik, Lok Pratap Singh, Shishir Sinha, Inderjeet Tyagi and Anujay Rawat, Studies on the mechanical properties and thermal behavior of microencapsulated eutectic mixture in gypsum composite board for thermal regulation in the buildings, Journal of Building Engineering 31:101400 (2020)
7. B Srinivasaraonaik, Lok Pratap Singh, Inderjeet Tyagi, Anujay Rawat and Shishir Sinha Microencapsulation of a eutectic PCM using in-situ polymerization technique for thermal energy storage paper accepted in International Journal of Energy Research (DOI: 10.1002/er.5182) (2020)
8. Suresh Kumar Patel, Deepak Singh, G.L. Devnani, Shishir Sinha and Dhananjay Singh, Potable water production via desalination technique using solar still integrated with partial cooling coil condenser, Sustainable Energy Technologies and Assessments 43 100927, (2020)
9. Jyoti Jain, Shishir Sinha and Shorab Jain, Compendious Characterization of Chemically Treated Natural fiber from Pineapple Leaves for Reinforce, Journal of Natural fibers (accepted) DOI: 10.1080/15440478.2019.1658256 (2019).
10. Kantilal Chouhan, Shishir Sinha, Shashi Kumar and Surendra Kumar, Utilization of Biogas from different Substrates for SOFC feed via Steam Reforming: Thermodynamic and Exergy Analyses, paper accepted in Journal of Environmental Chemical Engineering. (https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jece.2019.103018 )(2019)
11. G L Devnani and Shishir Sinha, Extraction, characterization and thermal degradation kinetics with activation energy of untreated and alkali treated Saccharum spontaneum (Kans grass) fiber Composites Part B: Engineering. vol 166 pp 436-445 (2019).
12. G L Devnani and Shishir Sinha, Epoxy-based composites reinforced with African teff straw (Eragrostis tef) for lightweight applications, Polymer and polymer composites, vol.27 issue 4 pp 189-200 (2019).
13. G L Devnani and Shishir Sinha, Effect of nanofillers on the properties of natural fiber reinforced polymer composites, Materials Today: Proceedings vol 18, pp 647-654, (2019).
14. Jyoti Jain, Shorab Jain and Shishir Sinha, Characterization and Thermal Kinetic Analysis of Pineapple Leaf Fibers and its Reinforcement in Epoxy, Journal of Elastomers and Plastics. vol. (2018).
15. G L Devnani and Shishir Sinha , African Teff Straw as a Potential Reinforcement in Polymer Composites for Light Weight Applications: Mechanical, Thermal, Physical and Chemical Characterization before and after alkali treatment. Paper accepted in Journal of Natural fibers. (2018) (https://doi.org/10.1080/15440478.2018.1546640).
16. Brajesh Kumar, Shashi Kumar, Shishir Sinha and Surendra Kumar, Utilization of acetone-butanol-ethanol-water mixture obtained from biomass fermentation as renewable feedstock for hydrogen production via steam reforming: Thermodynamic and energy analyses, Bioresource Technology 261, 385-393, (2018).
17. Prashant Srivastava and Shishir Sinha, Effect of surface treatment on hair fiber as reinforcement of HDPE composites: Mechanical properties and water absorption kinetics, Korean Journal of Chemical Engineering. Vol 35(5) pp 1209-1218 (2018).
18. Nirupama Prasad, V.K. Agarwal and Shishir Sinha, Hybridization effect of coir fiber on physico-mechanical properties of polyethylene-banana/coir fiber hybrid composites. Sci. Eng. Compos. Mater. Vol 25(1) pp 133-141, (2018).
19. Nirupama Prasad, V.K. Agarwal and Shishir Sinha, Thermal degradation of coir fiber reinforced low-density polyethylene composites, Sci. Eng. Compos. Mater. Vol 25(2), pp 363-372 (2018) .
20. Prashant Srivastava and Shishir Sinha, Effect of chemical treatment on thermal properties of hair fiber based reinforcement of HF/HDPE composites, Sci. Eng. Compos. Mater. Vol 25(4) pp 807-815 (2018).
21. Prashant Srivastava and Shishir Sinha, Effect of alkali treatment on hair fiber as reinforcement of HDPE composites: Mechanical properties and water absorption behavior, Sci. Eng. Compos. Mater. Vol. 25(3) pp 571-578 (2018).
22. G L Devnani, V. Mittal and Shishir Sinha, Mathematical modelling of water absorption behavior of bagasse fiber reinforced epoxy composite material Materials Today: Proceedings 5 (9), pp 16912-16918 , (2018)
23. Varun Mittal and Shishir Sinha, Mechanical, thermal and water absorption properties of wheat straw/bagasse reinforced epoxy blended composites, Advances in Polymer Technology Vol 37(7) pp 2497-2503 .(2018).
24. Mahadeva Rajesh., Manik Gaurav., Verma Om Prakash and Shishir Sinha, Modelling and simulation of desalination process using artificial neural network: A review, Desalination and Water Treatment, vol. 122 pp 351-364, (2018).
25. Prashant Srivastava, Chetan Kumar Garg and Shishir Sinha, The Influence of Chemical Treatment on the Mechanical Behaviour of hair Fibre-Reinforced Composites, Materials Today: Proceedings, vol 5, issue 11, pp 22922-22930, (2018).
26. Umesh Chandra Sharma, Sadhna Sachan and Shishir Sinha, Analysis of viscosity-temperature behaviour of karanja oil trimethylolpropane ester bio-lubricant base stock, Asian Journal of Chemistry, vol 30 issue 4, pp 790-794, (2018)
27. Lakshya Agarwal, Shishir Sinha, M.S. Bhatti and V. K. Gupta, Mixer Design Optimization with Fractured Surface Topography of Mechanical Properties of Polymer Biocomposites, Journal of Taiwan Institute of Chemical Engineers.74, pp 272-280, (2017).
28. Varun Mittal and Shishir Sinha, Effect of chemical treatment on thermal properties of bagasse fiber-reinforced epoxy composite, Sci. Eng. Compos. Mater., vol 24(2) pp 237-244 (2017).
29. Varun Mittal and Shishir Sinha, Study the effect of fiber loading and alkali treatment on mechanical and water absorption properties of wheat straw fiber reinforced epoxy composites, Sci. Eng. Compos. Mater., vol 24(5) pp 731-738 (2017).
30. Varun Mittal, Rajat Saini and Shishir Sinha, Natural fiber-mediated epoxy composites- A Review, Composites Part B 99 pp425-435 (2016)
31. Varun Mittal and Shishir Sinha, Effect of alkali treatment on the thermal properties of wheat straw fiber reinforced epoxy composites, J. Compos. Mater., Vol. 51(3), 323-331, (2017).
32. Nitin Naresh Pandhare; Pudi, Satyanarayana; Prakash Biswas and Shishir Sinha, Selective hydrogenolysis of glycerol to 1,2-propanediol over highly active and stable Cu/MgO catalyst in vapor phase, Organic Process Research & Development 20(6), pp1059-1067. (2016).
33. Nitin Naresh Pandhare; Pudi, Satyanarayana; Prakash Biswas and Shishir Sinha, Vapor phase hydrogenolysis of glycerol to 1,2-propanediol over γ-Al2O3 supported copper or nickel monometallic and copper-nickel bimetallic catalysts, Journal of the Taiwan Institute of Chemical Engineers, vol. 61, pp 90-96, (2016).
34. Nirupama Prasad, V.K. Agarwal and Shishir Sinha, Banana Fiber Reinforced Low-density Polyethylene Composites: Effect of Chemical Treatment and Compatibilizer, Iranian Polymer Journal 25, 229-241,(2016).
35. Sunil Kumar Yadav, Shishir Sinha and Dhruv Kumar Singh, Modified date palm trunk for the effective removal of Cr(VI) from aqueous solution and industrial wastewater, Environ. Progress and Sustainable Energy,
36. Nirupama Prasad, V.K. Agarwal and Shishir Sinha, Physico-Mechanical Properties of Coir Fiber/LDPE Composites: Effect of Chemical Treatment and Compatibilizer, Korean J. Chem. Eng., 32(12),2534-2541 (2015).
37. Arnab Roy, Prashant Srivastava and Shishir Sinha, "Dynamic Failure Assessment of an Ammonia Storage Unit: A Case Study” Process Safety and Environmental Protection vol 94, 385-401 (2015).
38. Varun Mittal and Shishir Sinha, “Effect of chemical treatment on mechanical and water absorption properties of bagasse fiber-reinforced epoxy composite” paper accepted for publication Journal of Polymer Engineering, vol. 35 issue 6, pp545-550 (2015).
39. Arnab Roy, Prashant Srivastava and Shishir Sinha, “Risk and Reliability Assessment in Chemical Process Industries Using Bayesian Methods, Reviews in Chem. Engg. Vol 30, Issue 5, Pages 479–499(2014) (Impact factor 1.676).
40. Sunil Kumar Yadav, Dhruv Kumar Singh and Shishir Sinha, "Adsorptive Removal of Hg(II) from Synthetic and Real Aqueous Solutions using Modified Papaya Seed" Journal of Dispersion Science and Technology vol 37 pp 1612-1622 (2016).
41. Satyanarayana Murty Pudi, Tarak Mondal, Prakash Biswas, Shalini Biswas and Shishir Sinha, "Conversion of Glycerol into Value- Added Products Over Cu-Ni Catalysts Supported on γ-Al2O3 and Activated Carbon, Inter. J. of Chem. Rect. Engg. 12(1), 151-162, (2014) (Impact Factor 0.739)
42. Sunil Kumar Yadav, Dhruv Kumar Singh and Shishir Sinha, "Chemical Carbonization of Papaya seed Originated Charcoal for Sorption of Pb(II) from Aqueous Solution" J. of Environmental Chemical Engineering" 2, 9-19, (2014).
43. Sweta, Shri Chand and Shishir Sinha, Synthesis and Catalytic Activity of Polymer Anchored Metal Complex for Oxidation of Cyclohexane, J. Appl. Polym. Sci. Vol 130(3), 2127-2135 (2013).
44. Vinay Kumar, Manohar Singh Saini B.K. Kanungo and Shishir Sinha, Study of Thermal Properties of Rice Husk Polypropylene (RHPP) Composites, Advanced Composite Letters, 22(6), 125-130 (2013).
45. Sunil Kumar Yadav, Dhruv Kumar Singh and Shishir Sinha, Adsorption Study of Pb(II) onto Xanthated Date Palm Trunk: Kinetics, Isotherm and Mechanism, Desalination and Water Treatment 51(34-36), 6798-6807, (2013).
46. Sunil Kumar Yadav, Shishir Sinha and Dhruv Kumar Singh, Removal of Lead(II) from Aqueous Solution using Papaya Seed Carbon: Characteristics and Kinetics Study, International Journal of Chemical and Environmental Engineering, Vol 4(2), 127-136, (2013).
47. Sweta Sharma, Shishir Sinha and Shri Chand*, Polymer Anchored Catalysts for Oxidation of Styrene Using TBHP and Molecular Oxygen, Ind. Eng. Chem. Res. Vol.51(26). pp 8806-8814, (2012).
48. Sweta Sharma, Shishir Sinha*, , Prakash Biswas, Mannar R Maurya and Shri Chand, Oxidation of Styrene over Polymer and Nonpolymer-Anchored Cu(II) and MN(II) Complex Catalysts, J. Appl. Polym. Sci. Vol 127(5) 3424-3434 (2013).
49. Vinay Kumar, Manohar Singh Saini, B.K. Kanungo and Shishir Sinha*, Effect of Various Additives on Mechanical Properties of Rice Husk Polypropylene (RHPP) Composites, J. Polym. Engg. Vol. 32(3), pp 163-166, (2012).
50. Abhimanyu Kumar and Shishir Sinha*, Steady State Modeling And Simulation Of Hydrocracking Reactor, Petroleum and Coal. Vol. 54(1), pp 59-64, (2012).
51. Vinay Kumar, Lalit Tyagi and Shishir Sinha, Wood flour – reinforced plastic composites: a review, Reviews in Chemical Engineering Vol. 27, Issue 1-2, pp 253-264, (2011).
52. Shishir Sinha, Vinay Kumar, Manohar Singh Saini and B.K. Kanungo, Effect of Titanate Coupling Agent on Mechanical Prperties of Rice Husk Polypropylene Composites, Asian Journal of Chemistry, Vol. 23(2), 681-683, (2011)
53. Vinay Kumar, Shishir Sinha, Manohar Singh Saini, and B. K. Kanungo Effect of Process Parameters on Mechanical Properties of Rice Husk Poly Propylene Composites, International Polymer Processing vol. 4, pp 311-314, (2010).
54. Shishir Sinha, Vinay Kumar, Manohar Singh Saini and B.K. Kanungo, Kaolin as Additive in Rice Husk Poly Propylene (RHPP) Composites, International Journal of Applied Engineering Research, Vol. 5, Issue8, pp. 1404-1408, (2010)
55. Prakash Biswas, Supriya Agrawal and Shishir Sinha, Modeling and Simulation for Pressure Swing Adsorption system for Hydrogen Purification, Chemical and Biochemical Engineering Q. Journal 24 (4) 409–414, (2010).
56. Vinay Kumar, Shishir Sinha*, Prakash Biswas and Manohar Singh Saini, Rice Husk as Reinforcing Filler in Polypropylene Composites, Reviews in Chemical Engineering Vol. 26, Issue 1-2, pp 41–53, (2010).
57. Vijay Kumar Koratiya, Sunil Kumar and Shishir Sinha* Modeling, Simulation and Optimization of FCC Downer Reactor, Petroleum & Coal 52 (3) 183-192, (2010).
58. Shishir Sinha and Praveen Ch. Strategic Estimation of Kinetic Parameters in VGO Cracking, Computers Materials and Continua, vol.9(1), pp 1-10, (2009)
59. Shishir Sinha and Shalini Sinha, Studies on the Production of Acid Protease by Submerged Fermentation, International Journal of Food Engineering vol 5(1), art. 5. (2009)
60. Shishir Sinha, Alak K. Singh and Karunakar Singh, Study On Β-Galactosidase Isolation, Purification And Optimization Of Lactose Hydrolysis In Whey For Production Of Instant Energy Drink, International Journal of Food Engineering vol 5(2), art. 5. (2009)
61. Shishir Sinha and Vinay Kumar, Effect of gas phase nitration on PMMA based ion exchange resin, Fluid Dynamics and Material Processing vol 5(3), pp297-312, (2009).
62. Praveen Ch. and Shishir Sinha, Effect of Pressure on Height of Regenerator Dense Bed in an FCCU, Petroleum & Coal Journal. Vol 51(2), 124-135, (2009).
63. Shishir Sinha and Praveen Ch. Novel Method for Estimation of Kinetic parameters in VGO Cracking, Petroleum & Coal Journal. Vol 51(3), 183-187, (2009)
64. Shishir Sinha and Praveen Ch. Optimization of Industrial Fluid Catalytic Cracking Unit having Five Lump Kinetic Scheme using Genetic Algorithm, Comp. Model. in Engg. and Sci. vol 32(2), pp 85-101 (2008).
65. Gopal S. Mishra and Shishir Sinha, Solvent-free single-pot oxidation (O2) of cyclohexane catalyzed by SiO2 supported palladium catalysts, Catalysis Letters Vol 125, pp 139-144 (2008).
66. Renu Ahlawat, V.C. Srivastava, I.D. Mall and Shishir Sinha, Investigation of Electrocoagulation Treatment of Cotton Blue Dye Solution using Aluminium Electrodes, Clean- Soil, Air, Water. Vol 36(10-11), pp 863-869, (2008).
67. Anil K. Saroha, Parmod Kumar Parag Kansal and Shishir Sinha , Effect of Cationic Starch and Long fibered Bamboo Pulp on the Double fold of Recycled Bagasse Paper, IPPTA Journal 20(3), pp 179-184, (2008)
68. Anil K. Saroha, Parmod Kumar and Shishir Sinha, Effect of Cationic Starch and long fiber pulp in the development of burst and tear index of recycled bagasse paper, IPPTA Journal 20(4), pp 159-166, (2008)
69. Anil K. Saroha, PVKK Verma, Parmod Kumar and Shishir Sinha, Improvement in Strength Properties of Recycled Bagasse Paper by Blending with Long Fibre Pulp and Retention Aids, In Paper International, 10 (2) 21 (2008)
70. Anil K. Saroha, Parmod Kumar and Shishir Sinha, Effect of Cationic Starch and Long Fiber Pulp in the Breaking Length of Recycled Bagasse Paper, Paper India, 10(4), pp 22-25, (2007)
71. Roshan G. Shaikh, Anupam Shukla, Shishir Sinha, Jitendra Kumar and Anil Kumar Preparation of bipolar zeolite exchangers by gas-phase modification using NOx Chemical Engineering Science Volume 59, (3), pp 661-670, (2004).
72. Shishir Sinha, Namita Jayaswal and Anil Kumar, Preparation of high capacity weak base poly(methyl methacrylate)-ethylene glycol dimethylacrylate copolymer anion exchange resin by modification using NOx, J. Appl. Poly. Sci pp.1991-1999,vol 89(7) ,(2003).
73. Shishir Sinha and Anil Kumar, Preparation of High Capacity Chloroethylated Strong Base Anion Exchange Resin Using NOx., Seperation Sci. and Tech. pp895-919, vol 37(4), (2002).
74. Namita Jayaswal, Shishir Sinha and Anil Kumar, Effect of Chemical Modifications upon Exchange Capacity of Surface Aminated Macroporous Styrene-Divinyl Benezene copolymer Anion Exchange Resin. , J. Appl. Poly. Sci pp.1735-1748,vol 79(10) ,(2001).
75. V.K.Tyagi, A.K.Vashishtha, and Shishir Sinha, Evaluation of Blended Frying Oils in Deep-Fat Frying. J.O.T.A.I. p.36-48 Jan-Mar. (1998).
76. Shishir Sinha and N. C. Mishra , Vegetable Oil as Diesel Fuel Substitute, C.E.W. xxxii,no.10, pp 77-80,(1997).
77. Shishir Sinha, N. C. Mishra and R.P.Singh, Effective Safety Management in Solvent Extraction Industry. C.E.W., vol. xxxi, issue no.10, pp 141-145,(1996).
78. Shishir Sinha and R.P.Singh, Energy Saving in Edible Oil Processing Industries- A Profile, C.E.W., vol. xxxi, issue .4, pp 59-65l, (1996)
Ø Development of epoxy composites reinforced by waste Kans grass (Saccharum Spontaneum) filler by hand-layup method. Shishir Sinha and G. L. Devnani [No. 202011051143]
Ø A Flame Retardant Natural Fiber Reinforced Composite Material and its Method of Preparation Thereof, Shishir Sinha and Jyoti Jain [No. 202011056780 dated. 28.12.2020]
Ø Mo-V-Nb-Te-O catalyst for the ammoxidation of propane to acrylonitrile, Shishir Sinha and Prakash Biswas. [No. 202011055866 dated. 22.12.2020]
Ø PVA composite film reinforced by Moringa Oleifera (Sahajana) seed filler by solution casting method, Shishir Sinha and Kajal Mishra [202111004106 dated. 29.01.2021]
Ø One-pot process for poly-hydroxy urethane from propylene carbonate, Shishir Sinha and V. C. Srivastava.
· Shishir Sinha and G. L. Devnani, Chemical Plant Safety and Risk Assessment: A Modern Approach, book proposal accepted by CRC press, Taylor and Francis
· Shishir Sinha and G. L. Devnani, Natural Fiber Composites: Processing, Characterization, Applications, and Advancements, book proposal accepted by CRC press, Taylor and Francis
· Shishir Sinha, Biodiesel, Past, Present and Future (2009), Published by Quality Improvement Programme, I.I.T. Roorkee.
· Shishir Sinha and Vinay Kumar Polymeric Systems and Applications (2010) Published by Studium Press LLC. (ISBN No. 9789380012100).
· Shishir Sinha, O.P. Pandey and, Vinay Kumar , Advances in Polymer Science edited book series published by Studium Press India(ISBN No. 9789380012285) ,(2011)
· Shishir Sinha and Naveen Kumar Navani Compendium on Nanotechnology (edited) -A twelve volume set. Published by Studium Press LLC. USA (2014). (ISBN No. 1626330107) (2014).
· Shishir Sinha and J. N. Govil, (edited) Bioprocess Engineering, Studium Press LLC. USA (2014). (ISBN No. 1626990271) (2014)
· K. K. Pant, Shishir Sinha and Shailendra Bajpai, Advances In Petroleum Engineering I (Refining) Published by Studium Press LLC. USA (ISBN No. 1-62699-047-6). (edited) (2015)
· K. K. Pant, Shishir Sinha and Shailendra Bajpai Advances In Petroleum Engineering II (Petrochemical) Published by Studium Press LLC. USA (ISBN No. 1-62699-047-6). (edited) (2015)
· Shishir Sinha, K.K. Pant and Shailendra Bajpai, Fertilizer Technology I (Synthesis) Published by Studium Press LLC. USA (ISBN No. 1-62699-046-8). (edited) (2015)
· Shishir Sinha, K.K. Pant and Shailendra Bajpai Fertilizer Technology II (Biofertilizers) Published by Studium Press LLC. USA (ISBN No. 1-62699-046-8). (edited) (2015)
· Electronic Waste Management, Manuscript approved for publication.
Development of Courses
Ø Chemical Process Safety, (under the platform of National Program on Technology Enhanced Learning (NPTEL) (Ministry of Human Resource and Development, Govt. of India)
Ø Food Technology, (under the platform of National Program on Technology Enhanced Learning (NPTEL) (Ministry of Human Resource and Development, Govt. of India)
Ø Chemical Engineering Thermodynamics: MHRD sponsored the National Mission on Education through ICT.
Ø Polymer Reaction Engineering (under the platform of National Program on Technology Enhanced Learning (NPTEL) (Ministry of Human Resource and Development, Govt. of India)